Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Greed is bringing loss for traders  (Read 16041 times)
Claude46

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:46:46 PM

One of the reasons why is they are putting all investments in a particular project that they assume that they will make the profits and dont even think about the situation and the pros and cons in investing so they lost a huge amount of money.And now since we are looking for new projects that we can invest i recommend this project Dencoin tokens and we can make good profits on it just hold if you are not satisfied with the price but surely it will grow because the project is good and having a potential to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efrenbilantok

Activity: 576
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:51:38 PM

Just don't let the greed eat you, set a goal you need to set a target profit like  most of the time traders do, stop dreaming too much just work accordingly to the state of situation
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:36:51 PM

Losing capital is going to be far easier if you invest it in poor quality assets, however, this can be rectified by diversifying into more promising investments such any top ranked alternatives and there's nothing wrong with adopting a long term strategy using this proviso if you've chosen good quality assets for your portfolio
I agree that there's high probability to suffer losses when you invest in shitcoins, while top-coins are much reliable even for greedy investors. I think that it's better to set some profit level to know when to sell your assets.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:20:58 PM

Naturally, traders come to crypto currency with a loyal and considerate mindset
Which is to make profits from 1% - 50%

I.e a trader of 100$ investments wishes to get 150$ (50$ profit). But when the bull spikes comes in; instead of cashing out their profit, Begins to imagine building mansions and suddenly wants to hodl to 3000$

When they wake up the next day and are left with 25$; they say altcoin is shit, that is shit

What can be done to ease greed amongst investors ??

Greed and fear are two biggest enemies of any trader. To become a successful trader, one needs to have lots of patience, he needs to control his greed and fear and must keep emotions aside. It is true that whenever trade goes into profit, a trader does not close the trade rather he waits for the trade to go some miles in the positive directions, sometimes it doesn't happen and trade reverses. If a trader do trading good technical and fundamental analysis, he/she may be successful in short span of time provided your technical/fundamental analysis is strong.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:27:12 PM

Yes, and some,for example example,those who exited the market in December, for example before the crash,was released in profit and waiting for another price,greed so to speak,and the belief that he will still ratsi,and we're going to be rich,leads to big losses on personal experience learned

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:27:35 PM

Just don't let the greed eat you, set a goal you need to set a target profit like  most of the time traders do, stop dreaming too much just work accordingly to the state of situation
Yeah it will be good suggestion, the trader was deluded with the greedy thing. They can't to leave the chart just because they feeling will get profit again but it is not easy because the market difficult to be used as a scenario. So, to set a traget is a good way comparing to make another strategy to start trading again. It will be different when we first come to trade and paint a chart with we have came in a few hours and back and forth to make a new painting to add our profit.
andibongkol

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 05:31:58 PM

in fact in the world of commerce all must have certain targets to produce profit, For example, I personally, when the target that has been determined has not been achieved, I prefer to hold and when the price down I just smile and keep hold

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:46:20 PM

I believe all traders or investors mindset is to make profit. Yes I agree greediness cause huge losses too. One should sell off his coins when he/she made good profit because market gives several chances to buy sell again and again and it is fact when bull run will start our greed will increase and we try to hold more time then again will learn a bitter lesson. So its always better to exit the trade at right time without greed with good money management.

Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:56:32 PM

Actually, greediness is bringing loss or making things worst in any matter. Especially when it comes in making money. That's why learning on how to control yourself is a must. You should learn it and realize from mistakes you commit if you want to become successful. Without self control you can't be good, not just in trading.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:09:17 PM

Yeah, it is true, especially for margin trading. You know, I loss a lot because I used 20x leverage instead of using 5x. I lost 15 k usd when eth was around 120$ because I switched to short
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 02:17:01 PM

as use with work of evaluation to gives of one on supports to buy as the signals on reference that might helps as one on returns as trader to collects on excess as completing of numbers on target to manage within the terms of plan with the investment projects on bitcoin trading.

olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 02:25:19 PM

Usually the expectations of high returns and multiple profitability is part of greed that makes traders to lose. Fine, you could be happy when it's going all green and you still want more, there should be caution to avoid loosing all in the euphoria of profits.
Most traders trade with emotions and as such it is difficult for them to control their feelings and urges to trade resulting in losses. Diversification of portfolio also helps against lossess as you can easily bounce back.

Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:34:39 PM

Greed often has a negative impact. I agree. I believe that it is better to get a smaller profit, but it will be less risky than unreasonably to take risks and lose everything.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Nickz46

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 02:58:40 PM

Yes thats the reason why they have losse a lot because of they investments they put all in the projects that not sure and don't have the potential,So I only promote the Dencoin tokens that has the potential to grow and has the power to give you profits so must go amd try this project.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:03:58 PM

sometimes many traders feel impatient to get a lot of profit. they are willing to do anything just for the sake of big profits, whereas the best thing to do is to follow the flow of trade slowly but get profit in a sustainable manner, this is better than having to do greed but lose.

greed also happen because of following the flow of trade, because greed means that he will only wait to sell to get a bigger profit and if the expected price is not reached then it is a loss for him because of greed until the market falls and he will be panic selling when it happen the decline
Panic selling is pure example of strong emotional reaction and traders often fall to this mistake. Greed happens in the reversal market conditions when bears attack to the uptrend.  Panic selling is normal in the flash sale discounts during news like Bitcoin ban by any government or suicide attempt by the CEO of the famous crypto company.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:11:20 PM

Yeah it will be good suggestion, the trader was deluded with the greedy thing. They can't to leave the chart just because they feeling will get profit again but it is not easy because the market difficult to be used as a scenario. So, to set a traget is a good way comparing to make another strategy to start trading again. It will be different when we first come to trade and paint a chart with we have came in a few hours and back and forth to make a new painting to add our profit.
If you have targets and you have good balance between emotions and system that you are following, you can maximize your profits from doing it over and over, don't allow greed and always set your emotions away from your trading activities, if you succeed with controlling everything you can generate much better and clear results.
Beccaman

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 06:15:45 PM

If you are greedy in cryptocurrency and on the market, of course there will be less profit, but you also need not to take any risks and somewhere to be able to stop in time

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | $1M Raised
▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 06:19:49 PM

Everyone certainly wants to get a big profit. Can it be done in investing or trading. So there is nothing wrong if someone has a target for profit. What you have to think about is how you can achieve that target, because if you do the wrong thing, your profits will never exist and the target will never be fulfilled.
Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 01:56:21 PM

You are right. And I was a victim in the past when I made up to about 300% profit and I was like I should keep the coin because it kept increasing day by day so I felt I could reach 1000% until everyday went down drastically. When you've made your profit, just cash it out and invest on another thing.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:04:35 PM

You are right. And I was a victim in the past when I made up to about 300% profit and I was like I should keep the coin because it kept increasing day by day so I felt I could reach 1000% until everyday went down drastically. When you've made your profit, just cash it out and invest on another thing.

Yes, some people do what you have done too. Instead of selling their coins while there is a chance to get big profits, they keep holding their coins because they want more profit. Greed is indeed our true enemy and we must control our trading behavior with plans / targets. Once we reach our target, we must immediately end our session.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: