Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Greed is bringing loss for traders  (Read 16041 times)
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 03:26:07 AM

very true, that greedy nature will bring destruction to the traders. in trading we need to get rid of the traits that make us do things without calculation. when we trade using emotion, greed, and too haste, we will tend to make mistakes and this has been proven and must be avoided.
right, sometimes we want to get big profits and continue to hold our coins even though they have experienced a fairly high increase and finally we get nothing because the coin goes back down and doesn't go up again.
that is what many people often experience because they are not quite satisfied with the results they have got.

I am agree, experience is best way to make profits. We should never attach with our coin or token. If we are holding bitcoin, its good long term investment but for some altcoin, its better find a right price to sell it and convert it to bitcoin
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 12:17:12 PM

In my opinion , when going into crypto trading don't do it with a mindset that crypto is a get rich quick business.  If you do your calculation on even as low as 2-5% profit everyday , you will realize that you will have a Huge amount of profits at the end of one month  depending on your capital.

learn to take profit whenever the coin moons , try to avoid waiting for 10-100% profit per trade  or per day , that is one thing that will finish your capital.

Avoid greed, enjoy the little profits, accumulate it in peace and safe your capital.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:29:19 PM

Not every one that loss in trading were cause by greed as some dont know when to enter but only fomo when the going is going already and when it turn red they expect it to still go more up in short while .

But some are but the greed kill them when they suppose take profit they keep expecting more and end up losing every gain and get rekt.

Seth2009

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 04:19:50 PM

Naturally, traders come to crypto currency with a loyal and considerate mindset
Which is to make profits from 1% - 50%

I.e a trader of 100$ investments wishes to get 150$ (50$ profit). But when the bull spikes comes in; instead of cashing out their profit, Begins to imagine building mansions and suddenly wants to hodl to 3000$

When they wake up the next day and are left with 25$; they say altcoin is shit, that is shit

What can be done to ease greed amongst investors ??
Profit is profit.. Dnt put your emotions while trading coz if you do.. Instead you will earn you will more lose... Its better to take profits first then buy back again when its deep... The best way is, learn all the basic strategies.. Study the basic needs of trading...

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 04:33:54 PM

Not all of us day traders. Some of us are actual long term holders so holding our coins even when the price is good for us to cash out doesn't mean we are greedy.
Long term does reduce the emotions of ourselves more. because the target we will achieve is in a relatively long time and there is no need to check the market every time. this is more able to make someone relax with their investment.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 04:52:10 PM

i think this topic should be moved to trading discussion thread, this is a wrong thread for a topic of this nature.
Wyndesam

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 06:39:39 PM

Many new traders want to make a profit without having good experience, knowledge and patience. They want to quickly get big profits without focusing on the cryptocurrency market. Because of their greed, they often suffer losses and mental disorder.
Of course you need to buy for those purposes where you know roughly what the growth will be , and see to what purposes you are going to keep the coin as perpetual growth of the coins does not happen and you need time to always come up with coins!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:04:17 PM

I.e a trader of 100$ investments wishes to get 150$ (50$ profit). But when the bull spikes comes in; instead of cashing out their profit, Begins to imagine building mansions and suddenly wants to hodl to 3000$

When they wake up the next day and are left with 25$; they say altcoin is shit, that is shit

There's a reason why the "stop loss" is very important to trading, to mitigate and manage risks. While that is available, every individual should also endeavour to cut his/greed if they are to make meaningful ROI on every trade without loss

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Davian144

Activity: 2520
Merit: 578

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:04:56 PM

i think this topic should be moved to trading discussion thread, this is a wrong thread for a topic of this nature.

I think so too, because if we look at it from the title, the topic is suitable in trading threads, because there are a lot of discussions about both daily and long-term trade.
MMA Rats

Activity: 509

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 07:10:24 PM

greed never adorns a person, especially a trader.  Because I think that greedy people should not be engaged in such a matter.

jackblacksparrow

Activity: 308

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 07:20:57 PM

the one who deals with money is always greedy. Well, at least I have never met such people. It will never be an advantage but I will tell you honestly that greed sometimes pushes on very crazy things.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 07:22:37 PM

I feel guilty about this topic and because greed was the reason why my 3k usd worth of tokens suddenly become 200 usd. I have imagine it would hit 1 cent per token before selling it and that was the moment I fucked up. However, I have learned from that and everyday I make sure not to make the same mistake.
oli123

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 07:30:02 PM

With greed you will do nothing, the ideas of high profit are many times stronger than healthy judgment.
It just needs to be accepted that there will also be such things in this industry. So where there is a lot of money is often greed.
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 08:07:25 PM

With greed you will do nothing, the ideas of high profit are many times stronger than healthy judgment.
It just needs to be accepted that there will also be such things in this industry. So where there is a lot of money is often greed.
I try to control greed, but this is almost impossible. I understand that this vice has been since childhood. When you are 40 years old, it is very difficult to fix yourself.

abs350

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 08:08:39 PM

Yes, greed agrees bad feeling, but I want to note that it is greed that has brought us here and unites now because it is greed that sits in us that stimulates us to earn more

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 08:12:10 PM

sometimes many traders feel impatient to get a lot of profit. they are willing to do anything just for the sake of big profits, whereas the best thing to do is to follow the flow of trade slowly but get profit in a sustainable manner, this is better than having to do greed but lose.

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:48:26 PM

Losing capital is going to be far easier if you invest it in poor quality assets, however, this can be rectified by diversifying into more promising investments such any top ranked alternatives and there's nothing wrong with adopting a long term strategy using this proviso if you've chosen good quality assets for your portfolio

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:53:42 PM

sometimes many traders feel impatient to get a lot of profit. they are willing to do anything just for the sake of big profits, whereas the best thing to do is to follow the flow of trade slowly but get profit in a sustainable manner, this is better than having to do greed but lose.

greed also happen because of following the flow of trade, because greed means that he will only wait to sell to get a bigger profit and if the expected price is not reached then it is a loss for him because of greed until the market falls and he will be panic selling when it happen the decline

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:10:03 PM

You can call it greed but I would call it failure to set a limit for your investment. Definitely, every investment is done with the aole aim of making a profit and the mistake moat people do while into crypto is failing to set a limit. Once, you make a limit to cash out, you prevent unnecessary loss and you gain reasonably

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Aligab166

Activity: 194
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 11:14:14 PM

Greed is a personal thing and doesn't have a general solution. When it comes to cryptocurrency trading, there are so many uncertainties which an average trader should be wary of. If you refused to cash out with the small profits you have earned, then the choice is yours.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: