Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STO vs ICO - FIGHT!  (Read 14694 times)
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 03:44:49 PM

as for me, I can't see many projects that conduct STO so there is no any fight between ICO and STO. at least at this moment.
There's not alot of STO out there but i hope there will be alot more, investing on an STO is much better compare to ICO, since STO is regulated mean the project needs to comply to the regulation, and STO are assets backed it's like both ico and ipo.
you are right. it's just that at this time STO isn't that much, but IEO is more than that. well, people may have been very difficult to believe in ICO. so most people prefer to support the IEO, or STO project.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 04:10:09 PM

As almost all poster said,  STOs are the best because you can see what you are investing in but in icos you just have to believe in the Ceo dreams. But I'd say that with a good regulation that can operate anywhere (not like SEC, they have jurisdiction) to regulate ALL Icos,  it can regain its lost value. Imagine if STO should take on the mainstream reducing Ico to NOTHING,  it means people like Satoshi,  or vitalik buterin cannot bring great innovations that can be widely acceptable unless they have huge amount of money to First keep it going...

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 05:04:33 PM

as for me, I can't see many projects that conduct STO so there is no any fight between ICO and STO. at least at this moment.
There's not alot of STO out there but i hope there will be alot more, investing on an STO is much better compare to ICO, since STO is regulated mean the project needs to comply to the regulation, and STO are assets backed it's like both ico and ipo.
you are right. it's just that at this time STO isn't that much, but IEO is more than that. well, people may have been very difficult to believe in ICO. so most people prefer to support the IEO, or STO project.
If i were to invest i would rather put my money into STO or IEO projects out there, the funding must take place inside of a top exchange like binance, as for STO it's not a huge problem for me because it's regulated by the government, they won't be get away scamming people.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 05:15:27 PM

STO stands out, you shouldn't even be comparing to ICOs. STO has very strong backings with regards project and product, well known team too, unlike some ICOs which end up to be scam. About the bitbond you mentioned, I'm yet to hear about it.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 05:50:13 PM

I would love to hear what you think about it, would you rather invest into an ICO or and STO? What are the main differences / pros and cons between the two? You can read about Bitbond's STO by clicking on the link below.
I'm not much familiar with the two but I know for sure that the trusted one in here is STO. Since, this initial offering is following certain rules in order to lessen the scam of the offering. STO might be the new ICO but we cannot say because IEO is the best one among this for me.

asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 05:55:22 PM

I have heard a lot about Bitbond, it is currently only one STO that makes a sense to invest. Legit company with working product and good investment opportunity.

qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 06:20:09 PM

In crypto certainly more projects do ICO compared to STO. Of course it is very different if the project does ICO or STO. What I know is that ICO is looking for funds to run / develop projects and of course the projects that are already running and want to add funds. So basically the same, of course you want to find funds from investors.

bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:50:01 PM

if in terms of STO concept it is actually good except that I see the sale of STO tokens is quite long in getting funds, very different from ICO we know under ICO it is considered bad because many projects fail, but the funny thing is there are still many people interested, here but I mean of course At this time IEO remained the best-selling, except that comparison of STO and ICO was still superior to ICO.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:57:46 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2019, 01:37:55 AM by kickdapa

STO means security token offering, That's mean STOs are regulated under some law and they can't scam you easily. Otherwise, ICO projects are being kids toy! Anyone can bring an ICO project through making a token by the Ethereum contract system, and as no government laws apply to the ICO, so they can scam people very easily and we have been seeing it. So, by this mean STO is better than ICO. But in the main time, crypto people don't like regulation, they like freedom, anonymity and it is the nature of the crypto industry! So, by this view, ICO projects are more acceptable to crypto investors than STO!

cryptowomba

Activity: 234

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:04:07 AM

So recently I cam across this article in regards to Germany's first STO backed by the German financial regulation authority called Bitbond. What do you think about the evolution of ICOs? Do you see it as a positive or a negative?

I would love to hear what you think about it, would you rather invest into an ICO or and STO? What are the main differences / pros and cons between the two? You can read about Bitbond's STO by clicking on the link below.

https://www.publish0x.com/bitbond-sto/bitbond-first-german-sto-with-security-prospectus-xyewj?a=GELe3POa69

Also check out the blogging platform that the article is written on, it's a new crypto blogging site that pays you for upvoting articles and writing content. It's a nice way to earn some extra crypto. 

I haven't invested into IEOs or STOs yet, as i see them as just another rebranding of ICOs.

Great article though, thanks for sharing the content with us!

Also thanks for the bit of advice about the blogging platform, i've signed up and earned some tokens from it already and what's better is that they are tokens that actually have some value, not ICO tokens that claim to have value.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:10:34 AM

Many people invested in ICOs because they wanted to make profits but ICOs offering utility tokens are not suppose to be designed for profit. In fact, even if the utility tokens is heavily used by patrons, its price shouldn't increase. That did not stop people from speculating on ICO tokens.

Anyway, many ICO projects are actually security token-based, skirting the whole regulation on securities. STOs are the real thing that investors want.

Denongels

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:24:13 AM

For STO, which is supported by financial authorities, it seems that this is a good thing because it is possible to ensure that investors' money is more secure, and that it can also be used for AML alternatives and that is a good thing because ICO rarely works with financial authorities. or maybe nothing at all.

--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:26:33 PM

For STO, which is supported by financial authorities, it seems that this is a good thing because it is possible to ensure that investors' money is more secure, and that it can also be used for AML alternatives and that is a good thing because ICO rarely works with financial authorities. or maybe nothing at all.
I really agree with your your repliy In any angle i can see all the advantages like how what project or already check by the legals etc. ICO is almost not present with us time runs too fast and we can say that STO will have its time to pop out in the crypto market.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
agenlaptop

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:40:49 PM

STO stands out, you shouldn't even be comparing to ICOs. STO has very strong backings with regards project and product, well known team too, unlike some ICOs which end up to be scam. About the bitbond you mentioned, I'm yet to hear about it.
Bitbond is a project that is running and making a concept of fundraising with the STO model, if we compare between STO and ICO it certainly makes a difference even though basically both are fundraising work for the project.
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:14:56 PM

If the project is bad and there is no decent team, then that ico, ieo, sto without a difference, the result will still be disastrous for the investor. I personally do not trust the STB prefix of the project, as a rule it is nothing more than marketing.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:36:20 PM

i would prefer a project holding their STO, they have legal documents in place before they even start selling their tokens. and they have real use case in the works. whereas, ICO can run their crowdfunding campaigns even without those docs. and most of the ICO projects are empty.  but currently, the new hype are IEOs. so let's see if STO can attract the attention of investors and compete with IEOs.

IEOs and STOs really changed the way crypto companies do their funding. I find IEOs to be better compared to STOs especially when the IEO is made on a trusted exchange and the number of people who invests in IEOs are greater. I can always guarantee 99% that companies that conduct IEOs are not scams.
cp_underground

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:40:49 PM

For now, ICO is no longer a trend for investors and many choose the IEO because it is more better and safer than ICO.
If ICO against STO is sure the STO that will be a winner because ICO is very bad for now, ICO needs time until people trust it again.
ICO is not die but it takes time to recover and be free from Scam and Fraud project.

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:38:33 PM

So recently I cam across this article in regards to Germany's first STO backed by the German financial regulation authority called Bitbond. What do you think about the evolution of ICOs? Do you see it as a positive or a negative?

https://www.publish0x.com/bitbond-sto/bitbond-first-german-sto-with-security-prospectus-xyewj?a=GELe3POa69

Also check out the blogging platform that the article is written on, it's a new crypto blogging site that pays you for upvoting articles and writing content. It's a nice way to earn some extra crypto. 
the dominance of both the things are improved in this current scenario but lots of people made the confusions between them both are useful in different ways so don't compare anything will be more better than this because everything had its unique feature in different way.
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 01:18:49 PM

I honestly think that STOs / IEOs are just a renaming of ICOs to create a false sense of security. I would just suggest to anyone who is looking to invest to research the project first, take part in a bounty / airdrop and then consider investing into it, it's a lot safer and you will save your hard earned cash.

Also thanks for sharing the blogging platform that the article. I have signed up and i've already started earning tokens off it. It's a platform that i would recommend to anyone, I think it' great that you can earn tokens that actually have a value (HYDRO and Bounty0x).

Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 04:48:48 PM

The shift from ICO to STO was almost like a transition, but it did not succeed as some expected. STO would have been a better option, yet we saw scammers taking advantage of it too, which was why IEO came on board.
There were some projects who claimed they were registered with some regulatory bodies, yet most of them were discovered to be fake.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: