Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:00:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will ICO's do with those unsold tokens?  (Read 813 times)
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 11:32:28 AM

I have seen many ICO's selling tokens for cryptocurrencies. What will they do with those unsold tokens at the end of their ICO? Some say they will burn it so no one can use it. Are they burning it or is it really the good to burn those unsold tokens?

This is something to be determined entirely by the DEV team. And they write this token contracts. For this you can look at the contract of the token or you can look at the project's whitepaper.

I think the most fair one would be the burning of the token that was not sold or a proportional dispatch to the purchasers.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 11:35:29 AM

Some devs keeps the remaining unsold tokens for the teams use and some devs will surely burn the tokens which I really think its the best for any coins or tokens and moreover burning unsold tokens will drastically increase its price

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:16:52 PM

Some devs keeps the remaining unsold tokens for the teams use and some devs will surely burn the tokens which I really think its the best for any coins or tokens and moreover burning unsold tokens will drastically increase its price
Yes it is true, but there are also those who do not burn it, but it is still sold in the exchange market, because there are many ICO projects that throw prices very far from the ICO price, and I suspect that Dev did it himself. Because ICO is currently full of fraud.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 12:24:05 PM

Mostly the team announces to burn the unsold token supply and also provide the link to track the event and some even go further step and provide the third party audit that confirms everything the team told to investors, this is the way legit projects and professional teams operate but if you look at some fake or scammy icos they will just sell the extra tokens on exchanges and blaim may be the bounty hunters for the dump but infact they are selling massive supplies themselves to make extra bucks for themselves before the exit.

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:01:58 PM

I have seen many ICO's selling tokens for cryptocurrencies. What will they do with those unsold tokens at the end of their ICO? Some say they will burn it so no one can use it. Are they burning it or is it really the good to burn those unsold tokens?

Yes, they should burn the unsold token from the circulation to bring fairness of token holders.
But some ICO sometime don't burn the unsold token, they put the token into liquidity pool.
I think such decision will discouraging investors who bought their token. Burning token is the best option.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:14:23 PM

The unsold tokens ought to be burned after icos and that is what many of those ico projects developers has done specially the genuine one.  The fake icos will go to any exchanges and start dumping those unsold tokens for any amount as their interests are to get funds through fluadulent means.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:15:02 PM

It depend on what are the plans of the team after ICO but most of them are burning the said unsold tokens but some are not and may use for future.but the team must be transparent to the community about the status of those tokens because it may use as dumping materials and the investors will surely suffer in the end
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:29:06 PM

Burning can be benefitable for investors,if the project team keep those unsold tokens for themselves which can decrease the demand for that token so burning is the right thing to do.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:35:36 PM

Usually, community members demand for a burn to keep the supply reduced and fixed. But in some circumstances, I have seen where unsold tokens are either distributed to buyers or kept for future promotional services

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
installer

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:35:49 PM

There are a lot of ways of what to do with those tokens. You can burn them to increase the token value. You can hold another bounty programme, you can do a massive airdrop for the token sale participants or you can make a trading competition with big prizes.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:24:16 AM

There are quite a number of things ICOs can do with unsold tokens, they can burn it, reserve it for future purpose, airdrop it to the community. But the best thing to do is to burn the tokens, because it will reduce the circulating supply of the tokens and in turn increase its price.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:50:49 AM

it depends on them what they will do,but mostly of the projects they are burning the unsold tokens

restuibu

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 08:11:26 AM

Project that says if unsold tokens will be saved for future development funds (in my opinion it's very suspicious)
Project that says if unsold tokens will be burned (I strongly agree and will fully support because this will reduce total supply so that the price is higher)

shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 09:29:42 AM

If any Project act according to its roadmap then it is good sign of trust and looking promising team and if it also burn the unsold coin/token then it is good for investor as it will reduce the coin/token circulating supply and in resultant the coin/token price increase when it go live in exchanges.

Kang TB

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 09:54:53 AM

If any Project act according to its roadmap then it is good sign of trust and looking promising team and if it also burn the unsold coin/token then it is good for investor as it will reduce the coin/token circulating supply and in resultant the coin/token price increase when it go live in exchanges.

thats right,
then, when the number of tokens reducing this mean the supply become lower and if this happend the demands will increase,,
but for a good project of course,, and when the demand increase thats mean the price will rising ,,  because the law of supply and demands

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:25:54 AM

There are 3 common things I know the team would do for unsold tokens based on my experience.

1st, they do burn them for lowering the supply so the price of the token could catch up to its incoming demand or else the price would be lower than the ICO price resulting to angry investors.

2nd, they distribute it to its holders, so even the price is lower it is still ok for some holders and if the project go moon it is still win for the investors. This phenomenon is rare and it will only occur on a very promising projects but still not all of them will experience this, only a small chance.

3rd, they will reserved it but they should be transparent on where the tokens would go or else it would be suspicious if the team would keep it for themselves and not for the project development.
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:27:46 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 10:41:40 AM by Quintrix

You can always see the supply if they really burn it, this is a common practice they should burn the unsold tokens if the team state that they will only keep this portion of the supply, then they should burn the unsold tokens, ICO that does this gain trust from their investors, it means that they want equal share.

thefoex

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:32:41 AM

on average they burn it. but there are some projects that have chosen to lock it for several years, then sell it.

of these two options that are more profitable are those who set them on fire. this makes fewer tokens available, so this has the opportunity to raise prices.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:35:02 AM

It depends on the plan. Case would happen if they could reach above the softcap, usually they'd burn the tokens so they could control the supply and stick on their roadmap. I think it is good. Tokens are allocated even before they would conduct the initial sale, if unsold tokens would circulate, who would use those? The team? It's bias.
kidbounty

Activity: 1064

HELENA

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 10:42:57 AM

yes they usually burn it. I don't think that's good or not, but it must be because this can cause investors to be scared. many are predicted if the token is not burned, there will be a dump. To get rid of this thought, it is natural that tokens that are not sold must be burned.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: