Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:20:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77436 times)
Callido

Activity: 18
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 09:50:15 AM

and your profit will keep on generating more profit with timeline.
In as much as one believes in the existence of Bitcoin and as a coin worth investing prioritizing profits maximization over time without considering that things could go side ways can also be bad, irrespective of the fact that every business or investment is built on profits maximization, there can be loss too, tomorrow  they said is pregnant and filled with uncertainty being ready to accept that there can be loss too  and  even considering what the worst situation could be not just  looking at the profit side of it. This will give you  the emotional rest as you are growing your investment and don't forget the saying that don't invest more than what you can afford to loss.
Losses in bitcoin can always be recovered provided you don't sell off your position when there is a dump and bitcoin price is on a decline. This is one special quality that makes bitcoin very unique from other investments Yes it could be that there is a down trend and your capital invested is below what you invested, all you just need is patient and removing your attention off the market for the time being and never be tempted to sell off, as many weaker hands do. 0.5 BTC will always give you the same amount in dollars when the price get back to the range you bought it from. So when the price dump from where you bought from to another price level below it, you will only lose if you sell it. but if you hold it until the price get back to that level again where you bought from, you will get your capital intact and your continual holding will guarantee profit. Bitcoin was trading below $45k earlier this week and those who bought in this region before the dump to $39k and are still holding till now that bitcoin is  trading above $46k as at when writing this post have recovered their capital and are in profit. This is just to say that you never loss in bitcoin investment provided you keep holding your position.
People who often see's the dump as a big deal are those who buy in lump sum at a particular price fast forward to seeing the price go downside from their entry point. Seeing this, will only raise too much thought and pressure, this is one of the ways where the DCA strategy has an upper hand because there is no reason to bother about the price DIP, if the price of Bitcoin decides to skyrocket or do the opposite, it becomes quite a huge favor seeing the price depreciating in value, as it will help accumulate more Bitcoin.

As we move into the future, the demand for Bitcoin is increasing along with the basic needs. I think if a person invests properly by following the DCA method, he can definitely prove himself as an ideal investor. It is better to invest from present time, like me (I have kept my investment alive for 14 months) I also want to make my investment for long term. I got to see my portfolio and it made me want to invest more. So 10% of my income I invest here for long term following DCA method. This is a proper journey that I learned from JJG text.
Bitcoin is getting more adopted globally, so many restrictions has been lifted, countries and individuals are now finding the importance of Bitcoin. Interesting facts about Bitcoin is allowing both the average earners and the wealthy to both pertake in becoming Bitcoin owners, where the average earners will apply the DCA technique to maximize profit and deem it comfortable during the whole process of investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvelockg

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 09:50:42 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

As we move into the future, the demand for Bitcoin is increasing along with the basic needs. I think if a person invests properly by following the DCA method, he can definitely prove himself as an ideal investor. It is better to invest from present time, like me (I have kept my investment alive for 14 months) I also want to make my investment for long term. I got to see my portfolio and it made me want to invest more. So 10% of my income I invest here for long term following DCA method. This is a proper journey that I learned from JJG text.
with the recent event around the globe that has contributed positively in the adoption and use of Bitcoin by a large majority of people, this is going to be the best time to accumulate as much bitcoin as possible.

I kind of like your strategy of investing 10% of your earning into accumulation additional bitcoin to your holdings because it kind of give you the leverage to be consistent with your accumulation and for the fact that you've been able to  accumulate it up to the fourteenth month would serve as a serious motivation to keep holding for a longer period of time. This for me is the realest way of investing using the DCA method. If you're able to buy with a percentage of your monthly earning that would still give you the freedom of meeting up your expenses with the left over of your monthly income then you're definitely on the right track.

The funny thing about the use of the DCA method in accumulating bitcoin is that we actually use a similar method as this in my locality to make savings that we will later take back at the end of the year.  You literally pay like 2% of your salary at the end of every week to someone who will keep it for you and will come back every week to take the 2% and because the amount is practically small, you just give it out and if you consistently do it for all the weeks of the year, at the end of the year you revive a huge sum of money in return with no interest at all. The DCA method is an advanced way of making such a tiny investment that has an added advantage of yielding profit if the holder is able to exercise patience long enough.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Salahmu

Activity: 406
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2024, 10:52:57 AM

In as much as one believes in the existence of Bitcoin and as a coin worth investing prioritizing profits maximization over time without considering that things could go side ways can also be bad, irrespective of the fact that every business or investment is built on profits maximization, there can be loss too, tomorrow  they said is pregnant and filled with uncertainty being ready to accept that there can be loss too  and  even considering what the worst situation could be not just  looking at the profit side of it.
You shouldn't have that mindset if your intentions for Bitcoin is for holding because in as much as we may not really know what will be the exact worth of Bitcoin in the future but one thing we no is that you will never regret investing on Bitcoin because the future is bright and very transparent to easily see the possibilities, so perhaps I would advise you to remove your mindset on other alternatives that you feel could easily fetch you profit because you could get into a trouble with your investment, secondly I disagree with you on the aspect you feel that things could go sideways on Bitcoin, truly it may likely go sideways if your intentions are for short term profit making but however if your intentions are for holding Bitcoin for a long term I'm very confident that your investment will never go sideways because any price movement or volatility will not be your concern because your focus is the future and not current price fluctuations, so actually one of the most determining factor to your Bitcoin investment success is the ability to hold.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
smelody

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 11:54:52 AM

New investors (like me) can come to a crossroads in choosing their strategy buy the dip and hold. Each comes with its distinct advantages and challenges, but only one is right for us.

Have to enough asset "Buy and hold."

we you someone who jumps in when the market seems to be on sale eager to capitalize on temporary price fluctuations and earn high profits? Or, do find comfort in a longer-term perspective letting your investments grow gradually over time with a more hands off approach?

First things, what is buying the dip? This refers to an investment strategy where investors purchase stocks after a decline in prices, capitalizing on the belief that the drop is a temporary setback and prices will rebound.

Maybe it's like buying your favorite brand when it goes on sale. BTC market might react to short-term negative news causing prices to plummet but for investors who have done their homework these moments can offer buying opportunities. All actually finding "the dip" is easier said than done. It's are all worth for insights on this challenge.

Buying and holding often referred to as a long-term investment strategy involves purchasing retaining them for an extended period, regardless of market volatility.

The underlying belief is that in the long run the price of BTC will provide a good rate of return despite periods of decline or instability.
justinlamode

Activity: 26
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 12:47:36 PM

There are probably better HODLers than me, and I consider myself a bit of a contradiction because ever since mid-to-late 2015, I started to put into practice a sell on the way up strategy, and when I first started doing it I made quite a few mistakes, but I have honed my system several times over the years.. and there are quite a few members who criticize me for such practice with claims that I should not sell any of my BTC, even if I am saying that I have it already figured out in such a way that I can sell and that I never will run out of BTC.
I understand the resentment that comes with selling Bitcoin especially when you make it public. I think it ought not to be because without buying and selling, the natural sequence of buying and selling will be distorted and it becomes difficult to measure the liquidity of Bitcoin and impact of Bitcoin. Selling of Bitcoin is not bad but how you go about the selling can actually turn out to be harmful to your asset and at variance with the very reason you accumulated the Bitcoin.

Every Bitcoin investor will, at some point, think about how to liquidate part of his assets for the funds to be used in other things that make life worth living. The selling can be in such a way that the investor does not run out of BTC, just like JJG recommended in his withdrawal strategy that I am still going through. Many of us may not know the power behind that piece of information because we are still probably in the accumulation phase. But a time will come that we will need something like that to be able to withdraw some of our Bitcoin without harming the entire portfolio.

Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 01:28:24 PM

In as much as one believes in the existence of Bitcoin and as a coin worth investing prioritizing profits maximization over time without considering that things could go side ways can also be bad, irrespective of the fact that every business or investment is built on profits maximization, there can be loss too, tomorrow  they said is pregnant and filled with uncertainty being ready to accept that there can be loss too  and  even considering what the worst situation could be not just  looking at the profit side of it.
You shouldn't have that mindset if your intentions for Bitcoin is for holding because in as much as we may not really know what will be the exact worth of Bitcoin in the future but one thing we no is that you will never regret investing on Bitcoin because the future is bright and very transparent to easily see the possibilities, so perhaps I would advise you to remove your mindset on other alternatives that you feel could easily fetch you profit because you could get into a trouble with your investment, secondly I disagree with you on the aspect you feel that things could go sideways on Bitcoin, truly it may likely go sideways if your intentions are for short term profit making but however if your intentions are for holding Bitcoin for a long term I'm very confident that your investment will never go sideways because any price movement or volatility will not be your concern because your focus is the future and not current price fluctuations, so actually one of the most determining factor to your Bitcoin investment success is the ability to hold.
I hope he gets clearified on having the wrong insight of Bitcoin, let me believe Bitcoin is still at the very beginning of becoming much more acceptable and useful, many people are still going to believe in Bitcoin and take the bold step to invest in it. Over the past years, the rate at which Bitcoin was accepted was much smaller compared to today, Bitcoin is now accepted by companies and countries, this shows in few years from now Bitcoin will worth a lot in the market because of  the demand will be high. So, we are left with a much greater opportunity in one way or the other to begin hold Bitcoin.

Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 02:00:55 PM

That's how important that we familiarize bitcoin characteristic so that we will not get panic on the little drop happening since bitcoin would surely recover after correction happen.

For sure there's a lot of people learn something from past price occurred where bitcoin dumps so bad but now it recover at $46k and it slowly reaching at $47k anytime today. This mean that if we encounter some negatives on our portfolio we should not get panic since its just a paper loss and there's still a huge chance that we can recover that's why we should not get panic in those situation and continue to use bitcoin normally as if you want to invest or trade it.

We can see now how lucky those people who accumulate at $39k price since at short time span they are already gaining a lot especially if they accumulate huge volume at that time also there's big potential that they can even earn more from this since bullish run for bitcoin is I think bound to happen.

Your expression looks so mixed up and contradictory, it seems you are encouraging long term investment and trading for short term as well, thou is your choice but for the benefits of this thread long term investment is being prioritize as it says buy the dip and hodl, the reason why it's dominates the thread is because it has lesser risk compared to the Short term trading.

Talking about short term or trading means your are exposing yourself to greater risk of losses and gambling with your investment because it creates that emotional unrest of monitoring the downward and upward trends of the market condition by focusing on profits maximization within shortest time frame whereas in long term bitcoin investment you can accumulate Bitcoin and hodl irrespective of time volatility through your dca method. the  choice is yours it is only advice that is shared here.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Miles2006

Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 02:02:12 PM

I frequently question myself and even looking back at my own bitcoin history in terms of whether I really did manage my BTC as well as I should have had managed it, and sometimes my earlier assessment of what I was doing ends up varying from my going back and reviewing what I did when and why I did what I did... So in many senses, many of us may well make various mistakes along the way in our bitcoin journey, and sometimes we still may well end up having overall success (and even particular success), even though we may well have had made several significant mistakes along the way.
I took time reading everything carefully, although I can't quote all but some few point tells alot about early investors and the mistake investors made but just like what you said some will still end up having success with their investment, this is just what I observed from bitcoin investment lately, no matter the mistake and the ups and down when investing in bitcoin there's always a room to make amend if only the investor is willing. Reading experience like this from an experienced  investors is amazing, although I just started my journey with the aim of success and I know it takes time but it depends how far I'm willing to learn.

Some times it takes these losers a very long time to realize their mistakes.  I have a few friends who I sent a decent amount of bitcoin at various points between late 2014 and late 2016, and so you can imagine even relatively small amounts in dollar values are ending up to add up to quite a bit in times like this, and I even made some statements to suggest that they need to be guarding what I had sent them and maybe even buy some more of their own.. and sometimes they did both of those but then later down the road they lost courage and sold all their bitcoin.
I think I have seen similar stories in the forum about early investors who sold early and sometimes I wonder why but it came to my notice they never wanted such investment, in my opinion and with what I've learnt here, bitcoin investment should be treated with care mostly for investors who intend to buy in bulk to avoid loss, in essence knowing about the investment first will go a long way and it will be of help to an investor.

DCA is a crypto-tactical strategy

This is a bitcoin thread.  Hopefully no one is concluding that DCA works with shitcoins, because one of the presumptions regarding the benefits of DCA is that ultimately at some point the asset is going to go up in value and you will be advantaged by ongoing buying it because generally speaking its longterm trend is upward.. even though in the short term its trend might not be upward.    Except for bitcoin, you cannot presume that any shitcoin's trend is upward.. so hopefully people are not that dumb to buy shitcoins with such strategy, even though there are a lot of people who use the DCA term in shitcoins, and they might not realize that the shitcoin may well not have an upward trend.. ..
Shitcoins should be excluded when mentioning DCA strategy and even when dealing with bitcoin there's no point involving shitcoins. Sometimes investors involve shitcoins for more profit but I wonder if this plan do work out for them but I don't think it's necessary talking about shitcoins.

RewFrew

Activity: 574
Merit: 140

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2024, 02:14:44 PM

Holding is obviously not the same as investing using DCA methods, it's even better to compare holding to trading because that's where people normally make mistake from but comparing holding to the DCA methods of bitcoin accumulation is just same as saying that winning the world cup is just same as participating in the world cup tournament.
Trading and DCA has nothing in common DCA is a process used in accumulating bitcoin and most of the people who use DCA process are those who want to buy and hold for long time so I don’t see anything wrong with saying DCA has something to do with bitcoin holding. But for bitcoin trading you don’t need to follow DCA at all you just need to use the money you have at hand enter the market and start their trading losing or winning, so i don’t see any relation between DCAing and trading that’s a wrong connection if you ask me.

You're absolutely Correct. Dollar Cost Averaging DCA is largely related with long-term investing and accumulating assets such as Bitcoin. This investing strategy is involved with purchasing a fixed dollar amount of Bitcoin at regular intervals, regardless of the price. DCA is best policy for Long time investment and Holding. I also like this DCA method very much. And also doing it from last one year. On the otherhand Trading is involve actively buying and selling. So i think DCA and Trading both two are different in their goals and methods. Some times i trade if i need any argent necessity.

I think trading is some times risky, And it could be long trade if market gose to our against. On the otherhand Hold for long time is safe i think. If we able to buy dip or we invest following by DCA method we will be profitable today or towmorrow there has no doubt. So i also agree with you Holding and trading both are different.

Rabata

Activity: 756
Merit: 170

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 02:35:27 PM

We can see now how lucky those people who accumulate at $39k price since at short time span they are already gaining a lot especially if they accumulate huge volume at that time also there's big potential that they can even earn more from this since bullish run for bitcoin is I think bound to happen.
39k to 47k is definitely profitable but Bitcoin holders do not hold Bitcoin for the purpose of getting such profit. Those who dream big about Bitcoin in the long term can actually become large holders of Bitcoin. There are many differences between a Bitcoin trader and a Bitcoin holder. If a person buys a large part of Bitcoin at 39k and sells it at current price, he will profit from it, but if he can store it for the long term, he can definitely expect a bigger return. Let me remind you where Bitcoin was in 2017 and where it has reached in 2021 and where it will reach in the future. Those who think long-term about it will definitely consider Bitcoin's holdings. A temporary gain can never change the intention of a true Bitcoin holder.

Moreno233

Activity: 322
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 02:58:51 PM

I really don't think job security is paramount here in things to consider before investing into Bitcoin, because in life anything can happen, even the job you feel that is secure, they might just lay you off for no just reason, because life is unpredictable, and that is more of the reason why we should not play with our savings and emergency fund, because that is what going to keep you going till you get another job.
A job is definitely needed to keep bitcoin investment right, if you are out of a job then you can decide to sell your bitcoin holdings if you face any danger. So this is why the job is special, you can keep your investment active in the Bitcoin DCA method with a portion of the income from the job. There must be an external source of income to meet basic human needs. Bitcoin holdings would not be sustainable for long without eros.
The emphasis is on source of income and not just a job. If your source of steady cashflow stops, you can resort to the emergency funds to sustain you while you look for another alternative. I don't know if you read within the conversation where it was started that to effectively invest in and hold Bitcoin, you must make sure you keep some funds for your basic needs, set up emergency funds and from the balance you consider investing in Bitcoin.

The emergency funds is actually for any danger than may arise when you are holding your investment. All the various improvement to the Bitcoin accumulation process is to ensure that the investor will be able to hold the investment and this is  only possible when the factors that will lead to sudden selloff are eliminated.

Tmoonz

Merit: 103

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 03:18:00 PM

I hope he gets clearified on having the wrong insight of Bitcoin, let me believe Bitcoin is still at the very beginning of becoming much more acceptable and useful, many people are still going to believe in Bitcoin and take the bold step to invest in it. Over the past years, the rate at which Bitcoin was accepted was much smaller compared to today, Bitcoin is now accepted by companies and countries, this shows in few years from now Bitcoin will worth a lot in the market because of  the demand will be high. So, we are left with a much greater opportunity in one way or the other to begin hold Bitcoin.
You guys are getting me wrong, am only making certain clarifications that there is no certainty over predictions and speculations dont forget Bitcoin is still a growing asset there could be worst scenerio case which can affect market negatively, government can make polices that can crackdown the technology making it to become obsolete and investors could loss all their invested sum, thou is an unlikely scenorio but most likely and as for me i believe that Bitcoin has the potential an will continue to evolve and become more widely spread and accepted with both ups and down along the way.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1041

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2024, 03:32:37 PM
Merited by ginsan (1)

I also think like that because logically, people who are trying to collect Bitcoin and hold it for a long time don't immediately think about selling in the near future, so it is very feasible to use the DCA method in that case. Meanwhile, trading is a very different job from collecting because the people who trade in the market are people who are targeting profits in a short time or quick profits in a certain amount so it cannot be compared to people who are collecting Bitcoin by run the DCA method.
Clearly, trade and DCA have different meanings.

Trading has a high risk of short-term profit and you are like risking your money in the market, when the price goes up you profit when the price goes down then you will lose then it is trading.

Accumulation with DCA has a very low risk, in fact I dare say there is no risk if you do not sell bitcoin midway due to emergency needs.
With DCA you can have an average price because DCA purchases all the time from the price going down to going up if the time is for the long term then it will continue to do that task if you are still able but I believe using DCA in the future will have better results than trading.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 04:30:23 PM

Get the context. The point is not about being the best investment because of price movement or ROI, the point is being the best investment in a particular sector because the HODLer is assured that the investment will continue to exist for decades.

I understand your thought and what you really mean, but I was just trying to be specific on the importance of Bitcoin over the other forms of investment. You know each time I hear people speak of Bitcoin, it sparks up my minds and want to talk and emphasis on it, for people to know the importance of Bitcoin. because I just feel like any discussion without Bitcoin is like I am not adding something to my Brian or not reminding my self of what I have chose over other investment. Not that I don't know that you just listed the other forms of investment but I was just trying to still let you know how important Bitcoin  investment is still important than the other investment.

If you truly want to emphasize the real importance of Bitcoin, then you should avoid talking about it "as an investment " or something that's a possible source of enrichment. Research, read, learn, and feed your brain more about the technical details about Bitcoin. From that, I'm very confident that you will truly learn why it's the break-through/revolutionary leap of the century for distributed systems.

Satoshi Nakamoto should win a Noble Prize for Economics and a Turing Award for inventing Bitcoin.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Gallar

Activity: 616
Merit: 291

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 05:15:06 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2024, 05:32:01 PM by Gallar
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Investing in bitcoin is indeed the right thing to do now. Because the potential developments that could occur in the future are very promising. Therefore, when you want to invest in bitcoin, don't wait to have a lot of money first. But the most important thing is that when you have cold money, whatever it is, immediately invest it in Bitcoin at any time. Because in my personal opinion, waiting too long to invest in bitcoin might not be right. That's why the DCA system is used in the world of bitcoin investment. Because this technique makes it very easy for bitcoin investors to increase their portfolio with any amount of money on a regular basis.

However, that doesn't mean that Bitcoin investments only have to use small amounts of money. However, using large amounts of funds at once would also be very good. Because if you look at the potential that Bitcoin has, in the future the market price will definitely continue to increase. Because several factors like the ones you mentioned have positive potential, that's why the price is expensive. So basically if you invest in bitcoin, whether using the DCA technique or other techniques, the end result will definitely be good. Because if bitcoin continues to develop and is known by people throughout the world, it is certain that the market price will rise. Because currently according to the data that I know, Bitcoin users in the world have not yet reached 20%. So the potential for price increases that will occur in the next 10-15 years will definitely be higher.

So the most important thing, when investing in Bitcoin, we must have a good pattern and must avoid all risks. Even though bitcoin is the safest digital investment asset, if the basics of investment science are not applied, the results will definitely be less than satisfactory.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Promocodeudo

Activity: 392
Merit: 185

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2024, 05:43:09 PM

Trading and DCA has nothing in common DCA is a process used in accumulating bitcoin and most of the people who use DCA process are those who want to buy and hold for long time so I don’t see anything wrong with saying DCA has something to do with bitcoin holding. But for bitcoin trading you don’t need to follow DCA at all you just need to use the money you have at hand enter the market and start their trading losing or winning, so i don’t see any relation between DCAing and trading that’s a wrong connection if you ask me.
I also think like that because logically, people who are trying to collect Bitcoin and hold it for a long time don't immediately think about selling in the near future, so it is very feasible to use the DCA method in that case. Meanwhile, trading is a very different job from collecting because the people who trade in the market are people who are targeting profits in a short time or quick profits in a certain amount so it cannot be compared to people who are collecting Bitcoin by run the DCA method.

Though you have made some point here, but there is something I notice some people have different wallet and some of this wallets are used for accumulating more bitcoin no matter how small and no mindset of selling soon which real definition is long-term holding and the other wallet, they use Bitcoin that are their to trade for possible profit which we may not know about, I thought about this, I noticed that many traders are core bitcoin hodlers because most of them knows the benefit attached to hodling for a long term, though hodling and trading works in a different direction.

Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 210
Merit: 93

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 05:45:43 PM

Get the context. The point is not about being the best investment because of price movement or ROI, the point is being the best investment in a particular sector because the HODLer is assured that the investment will continue to exist for decades.

I understand your thought and what you really mean, but I was just trying to be specific on the importance of Bitcoin over the other forms of investment. You know each time I hear people speak of Bitcoin, it sparks up my minds and want to talk and emphasis on it, for people to know the importance of Bitcoin. because I just feel like any discussion without Bitcoin is like I am not adding something to my Brian or not reminding my self of what I have chose over other investment. Not that I don't know that you just listed the other forms of investment but I was just trying to still let you know how important Bitcoin  investment is still important than the other investment.

If you truly want to emphasize the real importance of Bitcoin, then you should avoid talking about it "as an investment " or something that's a possible source of enrichment. Research, read, learn, and feed your brain more about the technical details about Bitcoin. From that, I'm very confident that you will truly learn why it's the break-through/revolutionary leap of the century for distributed systems.

Satoshi Nakamoto should win a Noble Prize for Economics and a Turing Award for inventing Bitcoin.

You are right because the real reasons why Bitcoin was invented isn't only to stand as an investment strategy but rather to stand as a decentralized medium of performing transactions from person to person (p2p) directly without involvement of a centralized authority and also to replace the use of fiat so by accumulating bitcoin in other to make profits in the future, we are also acquiring it to stand as a medium of exchange from one person to another.

Most people always think that bitcoin investment is all about hodling a certain amount of Bitcoins and when the price skyrockets they sell and wait for a dip in other for them to acquire again but Bitcoin investment isn't just an avenue to enrich oneself based on the profits that is intended to get from it but rather to also buy and hodl it and accumulate as many as we can afford so that when it's adoption is finally met we can have enough to use for transactions but a situation whereby we keep buying and selling Bitcoin then it doesn't really make much sense because the value might reduce since people are taking it as a medium of trading rather than investment.

It's obvious that Satoshi Nakamoto deserves more than a noble prize for this modern day digital technology that he/they have put in place in other to proffer solutions to human monetary challenges, even since it's invention some people and countries have been making wave for it's adoption little by little but I believe in due time it would be made official as our digital asset and currency which we all are anticipating for.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Justbillywitt

Merit: 169

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 05:57:10 PM

There are probably better HODLers than me, and I consider myself a bit of a contradiction because ever since mid-to-late 2015, I started to put into practice a sell on the way up strategy, and when I first started doing it I made quite a few mistakes, but I have honed my system several times over the years.. and there are quite a few members who criticize me for such practice with claims that I should not sell any of my BTC, even if I am saying that I have it already figured out in such a way that I can sell and that I never will run out of BTC.
I understand the resentment that comes with selling Bitcoin especially when you make it public. I think it ought not to be because without buying and selling, the natural sequence of buying and selling will be distorted and it becomes difficult to measure the liquidity of Bitcoin and impact of Bitcoin. Selling of Bitcoin is not bad but how you go about the selling can actually turn out to be harmful to your asset and at variance with the very reason you accumulated the Bitcoin.
You have no business selling your bitcoin when your maturity date has not actually been completed as a long term investor. Whatever happens in the market is none of your business. Your primary concern is buying from those that are selling. It could be that those that are selling are those who bought many years ago and their maturity date has completed and they have seen adequate profit that they are comfortable with. Yes buying and selling cannot stop in the market because of the day traders.

Every Bitcoin investor will, at some point, think about how to liquidate part of his assets for the funds to be used in other things that make life worth living. The selling can be in such a way that the investor does not run out of BTC, just like JJG recommended in his withdrawal strategy that I am still going through. Many of us may not know the power behind that piece of information because we are still probably in the accumulation phase. But a time will come that we will need something like that to be able to withdraw some of our Bitcoin without harming the entire portfolio.

For beginners like us we don't have to concern ourselves much about this information. We should only concern ourselves with informations that are related to buying and holding. This is a thread and many investors of different capacity are always visiting this thread for information, that's why JJG always makes information available to suit everyone according to their needs. Those who are in the accumulating stage should forget about knowing or talking about withdrawal information. This thread will always be here for many years to come and when it's the right time you can always refer to it.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
GigaBit

Activity: 1540
Merit: 506

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 06:11:13 PM

Recently we saw a dip in Bitcoin where the price of Bitcoin dropped to $39,000 which may be the highest dip before the upcoming bull market. For those looking for a desired dip in Bitcoin from the current position, I think this is the last dip. This may be the last chance for investment from the dip. Many of us may think that Bitcoin will go back to previous levels and buy from the dip. Let them know that 2017-2020 dip is extremely difficult to find and may never be possible again. Many investors who didn't get the chance to buy on the dips have regret for the day. Today's current prices may give similar things for some in the next few years.

Those looking for dip, change your mind. Dips are not always possible. In the case of Bitcoin, the price that seems high today may be the same price will be dip for tomorrow. If we break out of this dip and do DCA then we will have the opportunity to buy from the dip and increase the Bitcoin portfolio.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Troytech

Merit: 117

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 06:25:22 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2024, 06:48:16 PM by Troytech

Just like you said I think it's not very wise we start looking for withdrawal strategies on our early stage of accumulation especially when we haven't even gotten to our goal or the time frame we set. In his case he is doing this because he has over accumulated to a point that he can apply such strategies and we should also try to understand that it took years of experience to get there,  to play around with our Bitcoin would not be a good choice and would lead to regret, so it's better we stick to our plan and when we have been in the game for maybe longer than 10 years maximum and maybe 6-7 years minimum, we can start applying such strategies, which I my own opinion still needs a level of practice to get right.

Recently we saw a dip in Bitcoin where the price of Bitcoin dropped to $39,000 which may be the highest dip before the upcoming bull market. For those looking for a desired dip in Bitcoin from the current position, I think this is the last dip. This may be the last chance for investment from the dip. Many of us may think that Bitcoin will go back to previous levels and buy from the dip. Let them know that 2017-2020 dip is extremely difficult to find and may never be possible again. Many investors who didn't get the chance to buy on the dips have regret for the day. Today's current prices may give similar things for some in the next few years.

Those looking for dip, change your mind. Dips are not always possible. In the case of Bitcoin, the price that seems high today may be the same price will be dip for tomorrow. If we break out of this dip and do DCA then we will have the opportunity to buy from the dip and increase the Bitcoin portfolio.

I agree with you on this many people are busy waiting for the final dip forgetting that gone are those days that bitcoin would fall to price like 15k or even lower, even as this might still happen, who can predict the future of the market? .

The point here is that there is no right time to buy, and waiting for dips are pointless, from all we know any price lower than the last ATH Is a dip and a good opportunity to buy, while buying on dips might be profitable and good to take advantage of, its also good that we start our bitcoin journey at whatever price we find ourselves and start our accumulation journey.

That's how important that we familiarize bitcoin characteristic so that we will not get panic on the little drop happening since bitcoin would surely recover after correction happen.

For sure there's a lot of people learn something from past price occurred where bitcoin dumps so bad but now it recover at $46k and it slowly reaching at $47k anytime today. This mean that if we encounter some negatives on our portfolio we should not get panic since its just a paper loss and there's still a huge chance that we can recover that's why we should not get panic in those situation and continue to use bitcoin normally as if you want to invest or trade it.

IMO  I also think it's best for us especially newbies like me to focus mainly on using our DCA pattern to accumulate bitcoin since we don't have to bother much about market volatility and we know that we are planning to accumulate and hold bitcoin for the long run and not as short term investors that are after quick profits, and using the DCA method would also help get acquitted to the price changes in bitcoin without fear or panic and also help us to build patience and discipline as investors.

DCA means buying bitcoin at fixed or smaller amounts at a regular interval irrespective of the price and this means we don't need to bother about corrections, up trends or down trend as investors our major aim and focus is all about building our portfolio and also preparing for emergency that might cause us to tamper with our holdings and  also prepare opportunities that we might want to take advantage .

continue to use bitcoin normally as if you want to invest or trade it

Trading is not a good practice and is seen as gambling, trying to predict the price or what would happen next is a play with uncertainty and is not a good practice to involve with your holdings. Bitcoin is not an asset to joke around with.

Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: