Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:52:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76166 times)
Moreno233

Activity: 308
Merit: 180

View Profile
August 12, 2023, 07:11:44 PM

[edited out]
Comparing Bitcoin to buying real estate is actually awkward! It really do not make sense. How can you compare two things that cannot be compared. Properties detoriate with time, you will need to spend a large chunk of your profit to maintain the property whereas you will spend nothing to service your Bitcoin... you will sleep, wake up and see your investment increase and multiply. If you calculate how long it will take property investment to give x3, you might probably not be alive to see that happen but in our lifetime, Bitcoin have grown in multiple of several tens.

Anyone who is opportune to know about Bitcoin but still think on the direction of real estate for whatever reason should be seen as unserious.

You make several valid points to differentiate bitcoin and property, but it seems that you are getting caught upon somewhat narrow definitions of property in order to make your points to contrast bitcoin from certain kinds of physical property.. and sure.. no problem with some of that.

At the same time, there are a lot of people making various comparisons of bitcoin to property, including that there are legal definitions that seem to hinge upon bitcoin as a kind of digital property.. and Michael Saylor frequently makes similar kinds of points that rely on descriptions of bitcoin as a kind of property.
For the sake of clarity, property in my submission refers to real estate which was at the center of the discussion. Of course Bitcoin is a property, and owning Bitcoin gives the sense of ownership and the feeling of achievement just like every other possession of value. Maybe I was being too emphatic on the word "property" which might tend to refer to other things. All the same, I still think the comparison of Bitcoin to real estate is not entirely in order;both are entirely different because while real estate belong to the physical world where a lot of factor such as government policy, war, legal tussle and others can lead to outright loss of asset, Bitcoin belong to the digital world and offers less interference, hindrances and legal encumbrances.  Even where there is war or conflict, the chances of one losing his Bitcoin is slim unless perhaps the medium of storage is a hardware wallet (which in most cases is even portable). When the war in Ukraine broke out, many

Your overall points still do seem to be valid in terms of making some investment decisions that might include concerns about some of the disadvantages of having to maintain physical property and other ways that physical property is likely vulnerable to being taken from you or even being used against you, and even if bitcoin might not be completely removed from those kinds of threats, the digital attributes of bitcoin does cause the attacks upon it to require different tools and maybe even more challenges for the attacker to be successful in terms of removing you from your coins.
Indeed Bitcoin is vulnerable to attack just like everything in the digital space. You will agree with me that these threats are minimal and manageable compared to the threats in the physical business arena such as I have highlighted in my above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Agbamoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
August 12, 2023, 08:41:50 PM
Merited by Kodec5 (1)

To the readers of the topic. In my humble opinion, diversification for plebs like us is a bad investment strategy. VERY bad in fact. Why? Because we don't have the same amount of capital as Warren Buffett to make it effective. If their $1 billion invested makes 20% in one year, that's $200,000,000. I believe that's more than enough especially if they outperformed the S&P 500 index.

Plus we don't need the hedge to reduce volatility because we are not asset managers who manage OTHER people's money. For us, we concentrate to one or two investments, if we want to truly make an amount of money that matters.

What is your take on investing in the physical sector like real estate? I know of my country where real estate is a huge business that gives massive return on investment. From the records available, the value of real estate here doubles every decade and it is reliable and transferable to heirs. This can be a good option to add to Bitcoin.

I understand Bitcoin do give more than double with a decade and this  trend does not look it will change soon. The bottom-line of our discussion is how to generate sustainable wealth so, I a kind of still support other business venture like real estate that can also be good investment opportunities. Besides, there is joy and self fulfillment you get when you see your physical asset.

However, Bitcoin does not require so much technicality to venture into...the entire process of buying, storing and buying more can be learnt within a short period of time at one's convenient time and location. Unlike other ventures that requires so much processes like documentations, legal aspect and others; all of which have associated risks.
Bro, if you had to choose between investing in Bitcoin and real estate, which one would you go for? Honestly, you can't really put real estate on the same level as Bitcoin. Yeah, real estate can be kind of tricky 'cause you can influence people to do what you want, but what if they don't follow through?

The real deal is, I can't take the risk of letting others be the ones who control my success, especially when I can handle it myself just by having my device and internet. Once you really get the hang of Bitcoin, you won't even need to think about real estate.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 12, 2023, 08:45:27 PM

-snip-

If you are referring to diversification for the mere sake of it (because you think that there is a benefit to that), then you are wrong.  Things can go wrong.. because you dilute your investment and you lack focus.

Alternatively, if you are believe that diversification into shitcoins constitutes any kind of meaningful diversification, then you are wrong.  Things can go wrong.. because again you are diluting your investment into nonsense.. including into a field that is already correlated to bitcoin.. so shitcoins move along with bitcoin, so if you diversify into them, you are merely adding more risk to an already risky investment area (namely bitcoin).. and the general idea of getting benefits from diversification comes from investing in differing categories of asset classes (hopefully not correlated), and traditionally those differing categories of asset classes would be equities (stocks), bonds (various kinds of debt instruments), properties, commodities and various kinds of cash exposure.  Surely some of the recent problems with the various lack of non-correlation, even with the traditionally different categories, is that so many of them are corrupted by the various ways that the categories are tending to be overly leveraged by various ways that the dollar (and other fiat currencies) are propped up in ways that natural market dynamics are not allowed to take place.. and even shitcoins actually incorporate some of the various fiat corruptions in varying ways that are not necessarily consistent between them, but does not seem to be a justification to "diversify" into those varying kinds of smoke and mirror products for the mere sake of "being diversified".
JayJuanGee, I understand your point as well as your explanation here. After all I don't want to suggest someone diversify into altcoins if they basically have better options than that. Gold, property and a few other options are investment assets that allow them to earn returns, but I wouldn't be able to fully blame it if someone among us also secretly invested in altcoins as an effort to diversify its assets.

We are in the same space where the investments we make are recognized as risky actions. The goal of diversification is to gain and minimize the risk of loss and maximizing returns, but of course one can make mistakes that increase the risk of loss. I also don't want to talk too much about altcoins though I may not be the only person thinking about diversification.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2023, 11:36:14 PM

but I still think that bitcoin is a way better investment than property in the coming 10 years..  
I completely agree with you that Bitcoin is better and more profitable. Bitcoin have been around for less than two decades and have experienced astronomical growth in value. With the events lined up for Bitcoin and the popularity it is enjoying, we will see huge and rapid growth in Bitcoin in the new future.

Well, you say popularity, but I am not even sure if it would be very accurate to describe bitcoin as popular, even if it might be "popular" within some segments of society, and even if it seems to get quite a bit of press in recent times in light of it still being a baby in terms of the level of adoption. 

Sure, we have some BIG players who hold a lot of bitcoin, but still overall, I doubt that there is any convincing evidence that bitcoin is experiencing overall adoption levels of greater than 1% of the world's population having exposure to it.. and at the same time, if we consider companies, there are some BIG players talking BIGGEDly about bitcoin, but their ongoing "BiG" talk on the topic does not really seem to reflect in bitcoin's numbers - including but not limited to price... so it seems very questionable in regards to how much actual bitcoin that some of the BIG talkers have.. whether Blackrock and various persons and institutions associated with that and maybe some of the other BIG players who likely do not even have very much exposure to directly owning bitcoin, otherwise it seems that the BTC prices should be reflecting those kinds of acquisition dynamics... so anyhow, my point is to question the use of the term to describe bitcoin as "popular."
I don't know about your end but from my end, Bitcoin is enjoying the greatest popularity ever... it is talk about in schools, markets, and different gatherings within my neighborhood. Social media platforms is no exception to this because Bitcoin have remained consistent as a trending topic in my Twitter day in day out especially as we entered the second half of the year. I can assure you that Bitcoin awareness have gone deeper than you can imagine even among the unbanked population. Lest I forget, Bitcoin dominated the discussion of a Human Resources Manager Town Hall Meeting of the company where I work; they were deliberating on alternative source of income for the staff to augment the salary that they refused to increased amidst daunting economic challenges. I intend to make a thread for this to seek the inputs from other members of the forum as I was given a role to play in this regard.

So, even though it is looking like Bitcoin is popular among the believers, it has made its way into the hearts of many and with time, a lot of people will adopt Bitcoin given the beauty and promises it holds.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
YUriy1991

Activity: 896
Merit: 217

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 13, 2023, 03:02:36 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Sure, bitcoin might never reach all time highs again, yet we have already seen historically that a lot of folks sell way too many of their BTC too soon, merely because they fail/refuse to recognize/appreciate both the value and the upwards price potentials of the asset that they hold (namely BTC).

It's all about the taste at the beginning, keep trying, then we will be sure that this is true, and it is very relevant to the current situation, many are still waiting and seeing and even selling it. even though his little heart says hold on and inversely so that we have not been able to take advantage of this change, not only survive through this big and historic moment.

Yes. The price of Bitcoin decreased in mid-June 2023 and history has become authentic proof and for me BTC is a good investment.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 13, 2023, 03:38:15 AM

but I still think that bitcoin is a way better investment than property in the coming 10 years..  
I completely agree with you that Bitcoin is better and more profitable. Bitcoin have been around for less than two decades and have experienced astronomical growth in value. With the events lined up for Bitcoin and the popularity it is enjoying, we will see huge and rapid growth in Bitcoin in the new future.

Well, you say popularity, but I am not even sure if it would be very accurate to describe bitcoin as popular, even if it might be "popular" within some segments of society, and even if it seems to get quite a bit of press in recent times in light of it still being a baby in terms of the level of adoption. 

Sure, we have some BIG players who hold a lot of bitcoin, but still overall, I doubt that there is any convincing evidence that bitcoin is experiencing overall adoption levels of greater than 1% of the world's population having exposure to it.. and at the same time, if we consider companies, there are some BIG players talking BIGGEDly about bitcoin, but their ongoing "BiG" talk on the topic does not really seem to reflect in bitcoin's numbers - including but not limited to price... so it seems very questionable in regards to how much actual bitcoin that some of the BIG talkers have.. whether Blackrock and various persons and institutions associated with that and maybe some of the other BIG players who likely do not even have very much exposure to directly owning bitcoin, otherwise it seems that the BTC prices should be reflecting those kinds of acquisition dynamics... so anyhow, my point is to question the use of the term to describe bitcoin as "popular."
I don't know about your end but from my end, Bitcoin is enjoying the greatest popularity ever... it is talk about in schools, markets, and different gatherings within my neighborhood. Social media platforms is no exception to this because Bitcoin have remained consistent as a trending topic in my Twitter day in day out especially as we entered the second half of the year. I can assure you that Bitcoin awareness have gone deeper than you can imagine even among the unbanked population. Lest I forget, Bitcoin dominated the discussion of a Human Resources Manager Town Hall Meeting of the company where I work; they were deliberating on alternative source of income for the staff to augment the salary that they refused to increased amidst daunting economic challenges. I intend to make a thread for this to seek the inputs from other members of the forum as I was given a role to play in this regard.

So, even though it is looking like Bitcoin is popular among the believers, it has made its way into the hearts of many and with time, a lot of people will adopt Bitcoin given the beauty and promises it holds.

Yes, bitcoin has been and is becoming more popular than in previous years. In my country, it is mentioned everywhere as you say, from schools, and offices to every corner of the market. But the problem is people just know about it and discuss it as a high return investment or can make people rich. There are very few people mentioning other features or benefits of bitcoin as a decentralized currency or helping us to control our own assets and get rid of the control of the bank...So to say that bitcoin is gaining in popularity is neither entirely true nor entirely false.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
DanWalker

Activity: 1918
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
August 13, 2023, 08:52:43 AM

~snip~

Investing in two closely related assets is actually not "diversification".

Do you mean bitcoin and real estate are closely related? I don't think so and can you point out their relevance? As I said in my previous comment, once we have invested in bitcoin and want to diversify, we should choose assets unrelated to bitcoin and crypto, such as real estate, stock, etc. Honestly, I don't see any connection between them. The only connection I see is that they are all part of the world economy, other than that, there is no close relationship between them like bitcoin and altcoins.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Odohu

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2023, 10:18:31 AM

Yes, bitcoin has been and is becoming more popular than in previous years. In my country, it is mentioned everywhere as you say, from schools, and offices to every corner of the market. But the problem is people just know about it and discuss it as a high return investment or can make people rich. There are very few people mentioning other features or benefits of bitcoin as a decentralized currency or helping us to control our own assets and get rid of the control of the bank...So to say that bitcoin is gaining in popularity is neither entirely true nor entirely false.
This is where you and I that know more will come in... we can help in expanding the knowledge starting from our immediate families, friends and associates. It requires a concerted effort and I feel one way of demonstrating love to humanity is by teaching them about Bitcoin, which undoubtedly, is the future.

...So to say that bitcoin is gaining in popularity is neither entirely true nor entirely false.
There is a saying that "bad publicity is better than no publicity". I am not saying that there is bad publicity for Bitcoin rather I am saying that even though many people, like you said, just know about Bitcoin without knowing how it can be beneficial to them outside seeing it as investment opportunity, such awareness a lone is good for Bitcoin. Imagine how excited they will become knowing that beyond the returns on investment aspect of Bitcoin, there is so much more they can do with it. Imagine how relieved many of them will be knowing that they can save a fortune for their children by just buying and keeping Bitcoin for them instead of real estate that would have become obsolete before the children even grow up?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
August 13, 2023, 11:08:58 AM

[edited out]

It's not because someone is, to use your word, "poor" that different rules apply to him. What I said was the difference in the amount of capital. If an investor has $100,000,000, he can diversify it to 50 different investments and make 30% out of his capital in one year, the gain would be $30,000,000, which is very good.

Even if you might otherwise be making some valid points, it seems to be going out on a tangent to get too far into those kinds of outrageously BIG numbers, and I doubt that people with that level of capital are participating in threads like this.. or even that people who might be engaging in threads like this should be our attempted audience.. even though surely everyone might have to adjust the numbers to their own situation.

so yeah, maybe we might say poor would be those people who are struggling to figure out how much disposable income they have, but if we might be getting into BIGGER numbers, then we could still use $10 million as the top of our range rather than $100 million.. but more practically, we likely have people struggling to get up to $100k worth of value accumulation, yet we know that people who have been in bitcoin might have had invested less than $10k in the last 10 years.. maybe even as late as 2015 and pretty easily gotten to millionaire status... just to flesh that out, $10k / $250 = 40 BTC  and at today's prices 40 BTC would be worth right around $1.16 million.

I don't know what to say to that in the context of my post. You're taking it out of context. Haha.

Ok.. let me try to work with your $100million number and maybe round it down to $10 million or $1million.

I doubt that diversification allows you to make greater returns, even though it might make profits if some of the assets are invested into items that are growing well... It would likely not make any sense to invest equally into 50 assets, but maybe for the sake of the hypothetical, there could be $2million invested in each asset, but if all (except a handful) of the assets just performed at the normal market rate (6% to 12%), then the outperforming assets would have to really outshine the others in order to make up for the difference in order to get 30% overall return, and again, I doubt that diversification gives you greater returns but instead is an attempt to preserve principle.. and to be conservative and to not be too aggressive, so the more diversification that you have, the more likelihood that even if you have stellar performers, you are going to have low performers that offset them, even though we know sometimes that everything is going up at the same time, but some things are going up more and somethings are going up less.

I neither said, nor suggested, that diversification will allow your investment to make greater returns. In fact, I said it wouldn't, and actually discouraged the other poster from doing it especially if his/her capital is very small. We are not asset managers who manage billions. That kind of money needs diversification to reduce volatility and protect their capital against losses. We plebs should actually want more volatility. Although, it will increase risk, it will also increase our probability to make life-changing money. IE the early Bitcoin investors who had the conviction to HODL only Bitcoin.

In contrast, if a pleb who has cash savings of $10,000 uses the same diversification strategy, it would profit only $3,000 for the year, which is also not bad, BUT barely life-changing. It's obviously better to HODL all in Bitcoin and make more than an average of 50% per year, and that's conservative.

Oh gawd.. the more you explain, the worse it gets... even though I do like that you are using something like $10k as a kind of example of how much value that a pleb might have to work with,

but I probably would like it even better if you describe income too.. because a normie/pleb might have $10k at one snap shot in time, and maybe your thinking about it as a snapshot value gets you to try to figure out whether to use all of it to buy bitcoin right now, or what are the various bitcoin price dipping points that you would want to deploy such cash (presuming that it is all available right now)..

so if we are assuming no other investments, and we are presuming that the money is completely available for bitcoin, we still might need to figure out some aspect of what is the anticipated cashflow in the next 6 months?  and even that it is important to know what is the annual income?  Is it $10k or is it $20k or is it $30k?  or some other amount?

At some point, the amount invested may well justify some needs to start to diversify into other investments, even though the greedy lil bastard pleb is focusing on "getting rich quick" right?

Anyhow, is any more money coming in that might be available for bitcoin, or maybe you are presuming that the income stream for this particular pleb/normie is irrelevant because that income stream merely goes towards living expenses and the normie/pleb is just going to otherwise be living his life in the normie/pleb ways because he has already decided that he was ONLY going to be allocating $10k to bitcoin... and yeah a bit vague, but still I can somewhat work with you on it, including our agreement that it is just a matter of starting out with bitcoin, and then figuring out at what point the investment into bitcoin might start to reach a value in which some diversification might start to be justified, and if the $10k invested into bitcoin starts to grow, and maybe does a 3x (which would be $90k per BTC) or maybe a 10x (which would be $300k per BTC), then there might be some point that the person might want to start to diversify, which may or may not mean that selling coins would be the best option, but it might just mean that new cash is used to invest into other things other than bitcoin, since the bitcoin stash seems to be doing sufficiently well, even if maybe overall it is continuing to ongoingly fluctuate in value quite a bit.

Out of context. I was merely making an example for simplicity.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Dickiy

Activity: 882
Merit: 461

View Profile
August 13, 2023, 02:18:08 PM

Your observation is valid that Bitcoin can potentially replace Gold as a store of value gradually in the long run.. However, it is important to note that Gold has been considered as an important asset and hedge against fiat currencies since the dawn of human civilization. Furthermore, a significant potion of world population is unfamiliar with Bitcoin, but they know the value of Gold. In this context, it will take long time before Bitcoin can effectively replace Gold. Therefore, it is a good suggestion to incorporate Gold in our investment portfolio to certain extent, thereby achieving diversification benefits.
Everyone has their own way and while it may be good for some to be in the gold, it doesn't mean others will agree.
The context of the initial discussion still leads to bitcoin so I think including other options such as shitcoin or other investments in this case gold has deviated from the path that should be the initial discussion because in the end when discussing other investments this will only make the discussion wider and make comparisons that are actually unnecessary.
I think our focus should be on the initial discussion where bitcoin is the main focus in this discussion.

Well that's right, of course everyone has their own way and also they have the freedom to choose about what is best for them and which one they can trust. Knowledge is what will always underpin every decision they make. About Bitcoin and gold, although Bitcoin has become more recognized in the last few years, but I would say that it cannot be denied that not everyone knows about Bitcoin, there are still many who do not have a deep understanding of the concept of Bitcoin and how it can provide benefits in various ways to society so that it can be made the best choice. So far as we know gold is a high-value investment for most people, when someone has a lot of money from selling land then most of them will turn it into gold. In the context of the above discussion, it seems to me that knowledge of something and its understanding can greatly influence some of the choices that a person thinks are best for him or her and make sense. I think this is enough to compare, but in the end over time I am very confident that Bitcoin is the best alternative that most people will choose.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 13, 2023, 03:10:12 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2023, 02:17:08 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by DanWalker (1)

[edited out]
JayJuanGee, I understand your point as well as your explanation here. After all I don't want to suggest someone diversify into altcoins if they basically have better options than that. Gold, property and a few other options are investment assets that allow them to earn returns,

It seems that the strength of my response had to do with how your post was ambiguous regarding what you had meant about diversification, and why anyone would be choosing to do it or should be choosing to do it.

You can choose to diversify into anything you want, and at any point in your investment journey, and part of my point also had to do with the lack of value that comes from any kind of belief that you need to diversify for the mere sake of it, and most likely the value of diversification comes as your investment portfolio grows - but still there can be inclinations to diversify for the mere sake of it and under the mere belief that value comes from that, which seems to have had been how you were framing the diversification idea.  In that regard, my previous points seem to already speak for themselves.

but I wouldn't be able to fully blame it if someone among us also secretly invested in altcoins as an effort to diversify its assets.

There is no reason to be secret about it, even though the discussion of it here is deviating from the topic of this thread....

And, you also still don't seem to be getting the point that buying shitcoins is likely NOT diversifying in any kind of correct definition of what you may well be wanting to achieve from diversification, which is non-correlation.. which I have also sufficiently touched upon that, too.

We are in the same space where the investments we make are recognized as risky actions. The goal of diversification is to gain and minimize the risk of loss and maximizing returns, but of course one can make mistakes that increase the risk of loss. I also don't want to talk too much about altcoins though I may not be the only person thinking about diversification.

To me, even from that comment, it still sounds like you don't really have a good grasp on when to diversify or even how to diversify, so there is nothing wrong with thinking about whether you should do it or how you should do it, and you likely can do that without pumping the idea that it is good to diversify for the mere sake of it blah blah blah.. which hardly makes any sense on its own.

I am not purposefully trying to give you a hard time, but maybe if you give some kind of an example that would go into some description of how many kinds of investments that the person has, and try to stay focused on bitcoin, so if you might say that a person has an annual income of $24k, and over the past 9 years (if we use your forum registration date late 2014), he has been building his investment portfolio, but surely he made some mistakes along the way - yet at this time he has about $100k, invested.** , and maybe we can say that the various expenses, allow for around $400 per month to be invested in  
 to bitcoin or anything else.  The example that I am currently describing may well be worthy of concerns of diversification, because the size of the investment portfolio is already reaching more than 4x of the size of the annual income, but if someone is less than the size of 1 year's annual income, there may well be less importance in diversifying (for the mere sake of it).

**Note that I am partially using the DCA chart that shows if someone has been into BTC for 9 years, and merely invested $10 per week, he would have invested $4,700 into BTC and right now he would have had about 4 BTC .. but if our hypothetical person screwed up a lot including getting caught up into shitcoins and/or failing/refusing to stack sats and/or failing/refusing to mostly HODL rather than fucking around with trading, then sure, maybe this person will not even have had been able to keep up with even a very small regular investment into bitcoin.

So you might well be able to describe what the current allocations are since we would have most of the other relevant details in regards to how much is the income.  Maybe the main categories in terms of relevance to this thread would be bitcoin, cash, other assets, and shitcoins.  What would be the percentages of each of those, and why diversify?  You mentioned property and gold, but there is also equities, other commodities and perhaps some business investments.   Some kinds of investments are more liquid than others, so there are questions regarding how to value these assets in terms of your quasi-liquid investment portfolio assets and/or questions regarding whether to just mostly let them ride if they already exist as investments (or to move them around in a reallocation way) or to mostly just increase allocations (or add new assets) by using new income as it comes in.. and of course, these practices don't necessarily need to be all or nothing, even though it would be helpful .

So maybe the punchline ends up being that hypothetical person already has fucked up allocations that might have to do with the way that he had been historically treating his bitcoin, or if there are concerns that the bitcoin allocation is way too much value as compared to the other allocations, then surely I can understand that the remaining allocations might need to be able to stand on their own, because it is good to be as aggressive as you can in regards to bitcoin without necessarily ONLY having your eggs in one basket such as bitcoin, and sure maybe you want to go beyond bitcoin, cash and shitcoins, too...

I don't know about your end but from my end, Bitcoin is enjoying the greatest popularity ever...

I already addressed this.

it is talk about in schools, markets, and different gatherings within my neighborhood.

It's talked about?  So fucking what.

Are they buying?  Sure, I can concede that if bitcoin is being talked about then it makes it easier to buy, but I still would not use the term "popular" for the reasons that I already went into, which largely relate to buying.

In part, we might be arguing over semantics.

Social media platforms is no exception to this because Bitcoin have remained consistent as a trending topic in my Twitter day in day out especially as we entered the second half of the year. I can assure you that Bitcoin awareness have gone deeper than you can imagine even among the unbanked population.

Don't be trying to suggest that I cannot see the "trending" matters, yet where is the buying?  do you have the metrics to show the buying or increased ownership that is actually based on facts rather than "a lot of people talking about it" but not doing shit.  hahahaha

Where's the beef?

Lest I forget, Bitcoin dominated the discussion of a Human Resources Manager Town Hall Meeting of the company where I work; they were deliberating on alternative source of income for the staff to augment the salary that they refused to increased amidst daunting economic challenges.

In the end, did anyone buy any BTC?  Yeah, sure it is difficult to measure, but if people were actually buying, it would show in the price.  

And, by the way, I consider that a lot of the hype and discussion about BTC is likely going to contribute towards upwards BTC price movements in the next couple of years, but I doubt that many of these folks are buying right now.. even if they are talking a big game and there is a lot of bitcoin buzz out there.. as you seem to be appreciating (noticing/wanting to see).

I intend to make a thread for this to seek the inputs from other members of the forum as I was given a role to play in this regard.

That would be great.  I look forward to your thread, and I would like to see an invite, if I don't end up coming across it on my own... or a link here or wherever you believe it would be good to drop such link, once you make the thread or maybe after it has been live for a while.

Sure.  No problem with the conclusion that increased sentiment is likely going to result in increases in buying actions and upwards BTC price pressures, even if we might not see it so much in BTC's price performance data at this particular time.

Maybe you want to suggest that people are buying but, their buying is just not showing in BTC's price data, but the fact that they are buying brought us up from $15,479 in November to our current $29k-ish prices.. perhaps? perhaps? but it is not easy to make a lot of those kinds of claims, and surely if we end up getting price pumps that largely have been falling in 4-year cycles and are likely to continue in 4-year cycles, then it is like that there are more buyers than sellers during the period that the BTC prices are going up...

Trying to narrow down why the BTC price is doing what it is doing, where it has been and what it is going to do are not easy kinds of claims, but surely beyond just having the 4-year cycle ideas that also relates to stock to flow, we also have a kind of dynamics that relates to a confluence of adoption/network effects factors that can be labelled as s-curve adoption based on network effects and Metcalfe principles... and when I am referring to network effects, I am thinking in terms of seven outlined by Trace Mayer in 2014/2015 or so.

Directionally, I am not disagreeing with you, even though I stick by my earlier assertions about what I believe to be a poor and likely misfitting use of the assertion that "bitcoin is becoming more and more popular" blah blah blah... which is maybe asserting the obvious without saying anything, but the crux of my push back on the matter likely has to do with it as being a vague (and perhaps shitty measurement) even though sure, no problem you can talk about it all that you like and try to show that you have measures of it, but when push comes to shove, we likely need harder data than the mere fact that "a lot of people are talking about it."  Who cares?  let them talk, but are they actually doing the more concrete things of taking some kind of an allocation into bitcoin?  and what are their other actions in that direction, setting up accounts, wallets, running a node, sending and receiving transactions,  if they are buying into third-party accounts (to get BTC exposure) in which they don't own the keys then can we see that data "on chain" or are there a lot of third-party custodied accounts that are going to end up either rug pulling again, not having the BTC that they claim or other kinds of shenanigans?

Sure, bitcoin might never reach all time highs again, yet we have already seen historically that a lot of folks sell way too many of their BTC too soon, merely because they fail/refuse to recognize/appreciate both the value and the upwards price potentials of the asset that they hold (namely BTC).
It's all about the taste at the beginning, keep trying, then we will be sure that this is true, and it is very relevant to the current situation, many are still waiting and seeing and even selling it. even though his little heart says hold on and inversely so that we have not been able to take advantage of this change, not only survive through this big and historic moment.

Yes. The price of Bitcoin decreased in mid-June 2023 and history has become authentic proof and for me BTC is a good investment.

Overall, it tends to be very difficult for normies to take action that results in a kind of incrementalist and ongoing investment into something like BTC, so if they invest into it, then they are expecting results in a relatively short-period of time so that they can feel material benefits from their investment action - which largely likely means that they end up buying too much right at the beginning.. and then failing to consistently keep buying, and sure if they end up getting lucky in regards to the BTC price moving up, then they may well end up selling too much too soon or just failing/refusing to stay convicted into their maintaining their position and perhaps even building on their position - which also might require them to spend some time learning about what they invested in, whether through a forum like this or some other various sources that might have decently good (rather than misleading) information.. and sometimes if they are not really informed about what they bought and they do not engage in critical thinking to be able to sort the good and bad information, then it also might be more difficult for them to both consider bitcoin as a longer term investment of 4-10 years or more and to act upon such longer term conviction.

~snip~
Do you mean bitcoin and real estate are closely related? I don't think so and can you point out their relevance? As I said in my previous comment, once we have invested in bitcoin and want to diversify, we should choose assets unrelated to bitcoin and crypto, such as real estate, stock, etc. Honestly, I don't see any connection between them. The only connection I see is that they are all part of the world economy, other than that, there is no close relationship between them like bitcoin and altcoins.

It seems to me that Wind_FURY's comment had to do with the close relationship between bitcoin and shitcoins, and not bitcoin and real estate.. even though he put that comment right in the context of your talking about real estate as possible way of diversifying or lessening bitcoin exposure or getting another possible cashflow source... but yeah, when I looked at Wind_FURY's comment again it does seem ambiguous regarding what he is referring to, and maybe he should explain himself a wee bit more better.

[edited out]
I don't know what to say to that in the context of my post. You're taking it out of context. Haha.

Well don't say anything then.   Tongue Tongue

[edited out]
I neither said, nor suggested, that diversification will allow your investment to make greater returns. In fact, I said it wouldn't, and actually discouraged the other poster from doing it especially if his/her capital is very small.

I guess we are on the same page, then.

We are not asset managers who manage billions.

Well yeah.. so we do not have fiduciary requirements or other state-imposed requirements either.  In other words, we likely have more flexibility to figure out how to go about our accumulation phases and also our maintenance stages, and there may well be points in which diversification makes sense depending on what we are wanting to achieve and if we are both designing and carrying out our strategies in ways that work towards accomplishing what we are wanting to achieve.

That kind of money needs diversification to reduce volatility and protect their capital against losses. We plebs should actually want more volatility. Although, it will increase risk, it will also increase our probability to make life-changing money. IE the early Bitcoin investors who had the conviction to HODL only Bitcoin.

This is bordering upon making sense because sure volatility to the upside (or number go up) is beneficial, and sure the ups and downs of the price can help in terms of being able to buy dips at various points in time in which cash is still coming in, and there can be some advantages to saving up and buying on dips to the extent that DCA is not completely employed.. but probably even DCA can be advantaged from volatility - at least in bitcoin's history since there have been long and drawn out periods of down and then explosive steps upwards in the BTC price and overall the trend has been up, even if normies might end up getting reckt as fuck if they try to play the volatility to their advantage and it does not work.. one of the ongoing risks of buying on dips in terms of making sure that buying is not delayed too much that it causes panic if the BTC price does not dip enough for the buys to happen how the normie BTC accumulator (you refer to as pleb) expected it to take place.

In contrast, if a pleb who has cash savings of $10,000 uses the same diversification strategy, it would profit only $3,000 for the year, which is also not bad, BUT barely life-changing. It's obviously better to HODL all in Bitcoin and make more than an average of 50% per year, and that's conservative.
Oh gawd.. the more you explain, the worse it gets... even though I do like that you are using something like $10k as a kind of example of how much value that a pleb might have to work with,

but I probably would like it even better if you describe income too.. because a normie/pleb might have $10k at one snap shot in time, and maybe your thinking about it as a snapshot value gets you to try to figure out whether to use all of it to buy bitcoin right now, or what are the various bitcoin price dipping points that you would want to deploy such cash (presuming that it is all available right now)..

so if we are assuming no other investments, and we are presuming that the money is completely available for bitcoin, we still might need to figure out some aspect of what is the anticipated cashflow in the next 6 months?  and even that it is important to know what is the annual income?  Is it $10k or is it $20k or is it $30k?  or some other amount?

At some point, the amount invested may well justify some needs to start to diversify into other investments, even though the greedy lil bastard pleb is focusing on "getting rich quick" right?

Anyhow, is any more money coming in that might be available for bitcoin, or maybe you are presuming that the income stream for this particular pleb/normie is irrelevant because that income stream merely goes towards living expenses and the normie/pleb is just going to otherwise be living his life in the normie/pleb ways because he has already decided that he was ONLY going to be allocating $10k to bitcoin... and yeah a bit vague, but still I can somewhat work with you on it, including our agreement that it is just a matter of starting out with bitcoin, and then figuring out at what point the investment into bitcoin might start to reach a value in which some diversification might start to be justified, and if the $10k invested into bitcoin starts to grow, and maybe does a 3x (which would be $90k per BTC) or maybe a 10x (which would be $300k per BTC), then there might be some point that the person might want to start to diversify, which may or may not mean that selling coins would be the best option, but it might just mean that new cash is used to invest into other things other than bitcoin, since the bitcoin stash seems to be doing sufficiently well, even if maybe overall it is continuing to ongoingly fluctuate in value quite a bit.
Out of context. I was merely making an example for simplicity.

I was making some examples in order to flesh out possible scenarios that might be considered, but you seem to want to refuse to engage with actual (or hypothetical) facts that involve details to better help to understand what is being weighed and perhaps various ways that any normie/pleb might consider going forward.

So far as we know gold is a high-value investment for most people, when someone has a lot of money from selling land then most of them will turn it into gold.

That choice has not tended to work out very well for those gold holders in the past 10-20 years, and gold has barely kept up with inflation (at least in comparison to the dollar), and sure likely other countries gold has performed better in regard to the other various local currencies.

And then in regards to bitcoin, I doubt that gold is going to fare very well in the future, just like it has not fared very well relative to bitcoin in the past 10 years or so (and maybe it is not fair to go completely back to the very beginning of bitcoin, so we could cut out the first 3-4 years of bitcoin's price history and start from around 2013 - even if we start at top of BTC's price performance in 2013 (around $1,163) bitcoin has still greatly out-performed gold in that period, which seems quite likely to continue into the future, even if there are not any guarantees.. but surely gold does not seem to be a place to be putting much if any value.. especially if you know about bitcoin, and sure, if you want to put 10% of the value of your bitcoin holdings into gold, then even though that seems too much, it is not necessarily going to kill you, even though that gold portion of your investment portfolio does not seem to have good chances of doing very well, relative to bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Odohu

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2023, 05:54:36 PM

Sure.  No problem with the conclusion that increased sentiment is likely going to result in increases in buying actions and upwards BTC price pressures, even if we might not see it so much in BTC's price performance data at this particular time.
The is all I am saying. Many of them may not be buying Bitcoin at the moment but just knowing about Bitcoin is good for the future. I actually know a handful of them who do but then, they are not whales and are low income earner like me. I have Bitcoin but the quantity is insignificant when it comes to moving the price.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Sim_card

Activity: 420
Merit: 365

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2023, 08:33:15 PM

And then in regards to bitcoin, I doubt that gold is going to fare very well in the future, just like it has not fared very well relative to bitcoin in the past 10 years or so (and maybe it is not fair to go completely back to the very beginning of bitcoin, so we could cut out the first 3-4 years of bitcoin's price history and start from around 2013 - even if we start at top of BTC's price performance in 2013 (around $1,163) bitcoin has still greatly out-performed gold in that period, which seems quite likely to continue into the future, even if there are not any guarantees.. but surely gold does not seem to be a place to be putting much if any value.. especially if you know about bitcoin, and sure, if you want to put 10% of the value of your bitcoin holdings into gold, then even though that seems too much, it is not necessarily going to kill you, even though that gold portion of your investment portfolio does not seem to have good chances of doing very well, relative to bitcoin.
You are correct sir and there is no doubt about it because the number of years that gold has existed,assuming bitcoin has existed with the same number years like gold, bitcoin would have been very expensive and the people that are bitcoin holders will the wealthiest people in the world because of the high volatile nature of bitcoin. Gold has its value no doubt but it can't be compared to bitcoin because bitcoin halving makes the difference in both commodities. The halving makes the number of bitcoin to be mined to reduce in quantity gradually which with time the demand of bitcoin will be higher than the supply. Another thing is that only the rich can buy gold because it is expensive but bitcoin can be bought by everyone both the rich and the poor because one can buy in any fraction base on your income as long as you have made up your mind. All these shows that bitcoin in value will do better than gold in whatever way you present it because it is not how long that something has been existing but the nature of that thing is what matters with demand and supply.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DanWalker

Activity: 1918
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 02:13:48 AM

~snip~

It seems to me that Wind_FURY's comment had to do with the close relationship between bitcoin and shitcoins, and not bitcoin and real estate.. even though he put that comment right in the context of your talking about real estate as possible way of diversifying or lessening bitcoin exposure or getting another possible cashflow source... but yeah, when I looked at Wind_FURY's comment again it does seem ambiguous regarding what he is referring to, and maybe he should explain himself a wee bit more better.

He also confused me because I was talking about non-bitcoin related assets, and I also emphasized that investing in shitcoins does not diversify in the previous comment Grin Grin. That's not even called investing, it's gambling when we talk about shitcoins.

But I really like his point about diversification. If someone doesn't have a lot of money and diversification really only dilutes their investment. Instead, they should research carefully and focus on only one asset. From there can bring the maximum profit if they choose the right assets to invest.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 08:48:38 AM

There is no point that might be convincing to talk about diversification for anything else because here we only believe in BTC and nothing else, so our unanimous decision is only for BITCOIN. But know we're in the middle of Q3 where we've done a lot of buying periods and I hope you guys don't get tired of applying DCA throughout your target stages.

There is a good bit of blurb out of this article to add strong leverage for someone to hold BTC long term through DCA.
https://dailyhodl.com/2023/08/12/microstrategy-marks-three-years-of-holding-bitcoin-with-4530000000-in-btc-and-company-stock-thats-up-210/

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Odusko

Activity: 882
Merit: 507

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2023, 10:06:58 AM

Another supporting point is that if you consider bitcoin to be a kind of hedge against the whole system in the context of history in which gold was serving that purpose, then bitcoin has largely taken that use case for gold and is about 1,000x better than gold in terms of its verifiability, divisibility, transportability, securability (and cost of security) and even scarcity.

Your arguments in favour of Bitcoin's superiority as store of value, hedge against inflation and growth potential are truly very convincing. Since Bitcoin emerged onto the global financial stage, its unique attributes have cast shadow over the effectiveness of other assets that traditionally held these roles. The gradual diminishing effectiveness of these assets can be attributed to the profound impact Bitcoin has had on the landscape of global financial system.
Bitcoin should be given priority in our investment goal and higher percentage should be allocated to Bitcoin,  the best possible position is to also have a limit diversification in investment even though you have large capital,  let say since bitcoin is the new digital gold that has replaced gold as the most sort after investment within the short period of Bitcoin existence compared to gold which have been around for several decades and ages,  but Bitcoin since 2009 till date have played the role of the best alternative to traditional forms of investment.
So for me when it comes to investment,  I try as much as possible not to get overly involved in one direction I diversify my portfolio but not with multiple portfolios but just a single which is Bitcoin + one other asset such as gold and real estate

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 10:18:28 AM

This is where you and I that know more will come in... we can help in expanding the knowledge starting from our immediate families, friends and associates. It requires a concerted effort and I feel one way of demonstrating love to humanity is by teaching them about Bitcoin, which undoubtedly, is the future.
This is what I want to say to everyone, if someone wants to contribute to the popularity of bitcoin happening faster. I mean, instead we find ways or solutions to spread bitcoin on social media or do big things to make bitcoin popular. What we need to do is share bitcoins with our loved ones, the closest people around us. If we all do that simple thing, I believe bitcoin will become more popular than we can imagine. Don't think we have to do something monumental and big to be effective, let's do things that are simple and within our capabilities.

...So to say that bitcoin is gaining in popularity is neither entirely true nor entirely false.
There is a saying that "bad publicity is better than no publicity". I am not saying that there is bad publicity for Bitcoin rather I am saying that even though many people, like you said, just know about Bitcoin without knowing how it can be beneficial to them outside seeing it as investment opportunity, such awareness a lone is good for Bitcoin. Imagine how excited they will become knowing that beyond the returns on investment aspect of Bitcoin, there is so much more they can do with it. Imagine how relieved many of them will be knowing that they can save a fortune for their children by just buying and keeping Bitcoin for them instead of real estate that would have become obsolete before the children even grow up?

I know about bitcoin and participate in bitcoin investment because I want to make money, I want to make profit. But when I started to dig deeper into bitcoin, I also realized that the features like decentralization, privacy, and full control of assets that bitcoin offers are just what I need. It can be said that people will care about profit then they will care about bitcoin, but then they will also love bitcoin in different ways knowing that bitcoin is more than just an investment.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dictator69

Activity: 109
Merit: 70

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 11:49:51 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Wind_FURY (1)

The is all I am saying. Many of them may not be buying Bitcoin at the moment but just knowing about Bitcoin is good for the future. I actually know a handful of them who do but then, they are not whales and are low income earner like me. I have Bitcoin but the quantity is insignificant when it comes to moving the price.
That's because newbies or even the one having some knolwedge of crypto sphere like what is halving and how it will make the future of BTC a good one. But still they do not try to enter market. I think they just doubt the theory of Halving and that it will increase the BTC price. but still, i think the best practise for them or for us is to at least invest some of our money that we do not afraid to lose because if we have a money that we do not afraid to lose and still keeping that money in fiat or local currency and decided to speculate the market only for taking the idea like wheater the market will go up after halving or not. Because they mostly think that if the price go up then they will take entry which is the 2nd big mistake first one is not taking small entries now.

I am not saying that anyone should take entry right now after reading my reply all i am saying if someone have some free money although there is not a single country whose citizens will have free money because money do have value all i am saying is use only that money that could not affect your life if you ever lost it.
Rabata

Activity: 742
Merit: 170

View Profile
August 14, 2023, 12:27:41 PM

~snip~

He also confused me because I was talking about non-bitcoin related assets, and I also emphasized that investing in shitcoins does not diversify in the previous comment Grin Grin. That's not even called investing, it's gambling when we talk about shitcoins.
Every human being needs sustainable wealth. If a person has fixed assets then he will be financially independent as long as he lives. If we talk about the digital world then there is no alternative to Bitcoin as a fixed asset. In any other investment out of Bitcoin you may get temporary profit but it is never permanent. At any time your market position can get down.

All other coins except Bitcoin are gambling to me which can turn from rich to beggar at any time. There is no way to do anything in life with those temporary possessions.

I personally believe that $200 worth of bitcoins is more valuable to me than having $2000 worth of shitcoins. Because shitcoins will disappear one day but bitcoins will be my wealth. As long as I have bitcoins I am valuable. So there is definitely no alternative to holding bitcoins to establish oneself as valuable.

Bitcoin_people

Activity: 490
Merit: 309

Bitcoin Halving Year 🎗️🎭

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2023, 01:30:09 PM

Every human being needs sustainable wealth. If a person has fixed assets then he will be financially independent as long as he lives. If we talk about the digital world then there is no alternative to Bitcoin as a fixed asset. In any other investment out of Bitcoin you may get temporary profit but it is never permanent. At any time your market position can get down.

All other coins except Bitcoin are gambling to me which can turn from rich to beggar at any time. There is no way to do anything in life with those temporary possessions.

I personally believe that $200 worth of bitcoins is more valuable to me than having $2000 worth of shitcoins. Because shitcoins will disappear one day but bitcoins will be my wealth. As long as I have bitcoins I am valuable. So there is definitely no alternative to holding bitcoins to establish oneself as valuable.

We have always preferred Bitcoin as a digital asset because it is an asset that a person has as a permanent asset. Investing in any other currency in the crypto world except Bitcoin may bring profit for a short period of time, but if its value goes down later, then we know that currency never grows again. But if we invest in Bitcoin then of course it will rally again and profit again in any situation. As we all know it doesn't take long to get rich if the money is gambled away as a temporary asset, so it is better to hold Bitcoin as a permanent asset. If you have a small amount of fractional bitcoins I would argue that it is most valuable to you because sheetcoins often turn out to be scams. So I think to be successful in future and to be a good trader it must be wise to invest in Bitcoin and Bitcoin is a valuable asset of a person's future.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: