Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76207 times)
Ruttoshi

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

Baba God Noni

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 09:34:13 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Whether we suggest that the rich people (institutions) are buying all of the bitcoin or if we might have some other reason(s) about why the BTC price is going up, historically, there have been several instances in which the BTC price moved upwardly out of an historical range that it had been, but then thereafter, never did return to that previous price range, and people who had been delaying in their buying of BTC, or waiting for lower BTC prices prior to buying, ended up looking foolish in retrospect.  So yeah, we have had right around 18 months to be buying BTC below $35k... so how much longer is it going to last?  We cannot be sure.  Are there going to be further dips below $30k?  We cannot be sure.

What a substantial move we have witnessed in Bitcoin price which was worth $5000 in a single trading session Cool. Nobody was expecting such an impressive increase while stocks are falling. Bitcoin has shown its real color after a long time of uncertainty, and I was glad to see that Bitcoin is finally showing its independence from stock markets, and Bitcoin's prior correlation with other risky markets seems unrealistic, as it is hedge against inflation and dependable store of value.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-btc-price-breaks-34000-etf-excitement-grows
It is people that don't understand the potential of bitcoin that will think that inesting in bitcoin for a long term is a waste of time. I am having more confident on bitcoin now as I am seeing how the price of bitcoin is increasing within the twinkle of an eye and this makes me to be proud that I took a bold step to start my bitcoin investment when the price was 25k+.

I am coming up with a new strategy that I can use to accumulate bitcoin because my regular DCA method is still what I am using, but is like I might consider to stop and hodli, when the price surges higher than 35k with the 10% that I am using or maybe reduce it. This is my first experience in the market and I am learning a lot from it.

Bitcoin must outperform stock because of its volatine nature and the price of bitcoin will keep pumping till infinity, unlike stock.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 01:11:29 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2023, 02:35:58 PM by JayJuanGee

Whether we suggest that the rich people (institutions) are buying all of the bitcoin or if we might have some other reason(s) about why the BTC price is going up, historically, there have been several instances in which the BTC price moved upwardly out of an historical range that it had been, but then thereafter, never did return to that previous price range, and people who had been delaying in their buying of BTC, or waiting for lower BTC prices prior to buying, ended up looking foolish in retrospect.  So yeah, we have had right around 18 months to be buying BTC below $35k... so how much longer is it going to last?  We cannot be sure.  Are there going to be further dips below $30k?  We cannot be sure.
What a substantial move we have witnessed in Bitcoin price which was worth $5000 in a single trading session Cool. Nobody was expecting such an impressive increase while stocks are falling. Bitcoin has shown its real color after a long time of uncertainty, and I was glad to see that Bitcoin is finally showing its independence from stock markets, and Bitcoin's prior correlation with other risky markets seems unrealistic, as it is hedge against inflation and dependable store of value.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-btc-price-breaks-34000-etf-excitement-grows

Bitcoin has never been correlated with stocks or any other assets, so the extent to which you and/or anyone else believed that bullshit is upon you, and this latest move did not prove anything that was not already (or should have been) more than apparent and clear if you look back at bitcoin's price history.  

So, yeah, a  lot of people like to talk about dumb shit in regards to bitcoin's correlation and/or bitcoin is (was) not performing well enough and a bunch of baloney and sure sometimes they can take clips of time and show proof of their arguments - but the mere fact that they are able to show proof that is convincing still does not mean you should believe it, especially if you have your own eyes, you should be able to spend about 5-10 minutes looking at charts to see that there may well be short term correlation at various periods, but surely hard to argue if looking at the longer period, and yeah, maybe it could take longer than 5-10 minutes to actually better understand some of the underlying reasons why bitcoin is different and what pushes its price such  as 1) the stock to flow model, 2) the 4-year fractal and 3) exponential s-curve adoption based on metcalfe principles and network effects (in the school of thought of [ur=https://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/the-seven-network-effects-of-bitcoin/]trace mayer's seven network effects[/url])

Our most recent price move of around $5k in a day, or even $10k in a month or so, does seem to show what many of us already suspected, even though we can never really know when or how much the UPpity bursts are going to play out.

Congratulations to those who are still consistent with DCA and see how exciting it will be when our portfolio increases. So when we are consistent we will see temporary results, and honestly this is a matter of pride for ourselves because what we maintain and fight for produces positive results. I believe this price will continue, Blackrock ETF is getting closer. The position where we should be but still realistic.

The question for those who do DCA consistently is whether the current price requires us to wait for a slight correction? Or still buy it at the current highest price? I just want to know how to choose and make the right timing decisions when faced with the Bitcoin bullish phenomenon.
Your suggestions are very valuable because telling each situation will have a positive effect and make me not alone in holding Bitcoin. (where I live, I'm the only one holding Bitcoin).

For sure no one can really tell you the extent to which you should temper your BTC buying in terms of always striving to prepare yourself for BTC price moves of either direction, and you should have some clues regarding how close you might be to your own personal fuck you status and/or how many BTC you have accumulated up until this point in light of your other personal circumstances.  Looking at the BTC price movements remains ONLY one relatively small part of the whole formula regarding what to do, even though so many folks seem to like to place a lot of emphasis on BTC price movements.

So you have to assess where are you at exactly:

BTC Accumulation stage

early, mid  or late

BTC portfolio Maintenance stage

early, mid  or late

BTC liquidation stage

shaving off some here and there, or wanting to get rid of most of it or all of it

Many members here are likely in one of the stages of BTC accumulation.. but surely some of us have progressed into maintenance stage, so surely we are much better off when we are in maintenance stage.. and each of us has to figure out when we get to each of these stages, which will also assist us in terms of figuring out how we might want to manage our bitcoin strategy according to where we are at.

The earliest stages of BTC accumulation likely need to mostly focus on DCA and just buy no matter what.. which might include lump sum buying and even front loading the investment a bit in order to get some skin in the tame, but after you start to develop somewhat of a BTC stash, you can start to attempt to be a bit more selective in your strategy and maybe lower the DCA amount and start to hold some fiat in reserves for buying on dips.

When we get these kinds of big price moves, many of us should likely realize that we are advantaged by having already gotten in, and being in BTC we are kind of resting on our past accumulation and our past aggressiveness in having had accumulated.. so whether you start to hone back on some of your DCA buys is not necessarily easy to answer.. because sometimes momentum like this just keeps going up, so we cannot be sure when it will stop going up and/or how much the correction will be once it stops going up. and so it becomes possible that the BTC price will not correct back down below current prices.. Surely I am not going to claim to know things like that, and some people are more than willing to tell you what they think BTC prices are going to do, yet our own critical thinking skills should help to inform us that there are likely decent odds that they might not be correct in whatever they are saying are the various scenario and sometimes the extent which they put a lot of certainty upon their scenario might cause you to question how they can know with such supposed certainty... is it squiggly lines or what?  

Surely it is true when the price goes up quickly it cannot really sustain itself, but still that does not necessarily mean that it won't continue to go up even further, at least for a while.. remember in April to June 2019, BTC prices went up 3.5x in 3 months, but then ended up correcting back most of that over a month or so. and then resumed up and had a few bounces, before we got to our abnormal March 2020 crash which also just ended up being a kind of fluke.. but we could not really completely know at the time of the March 2020 fluke that it was actually a bit of a fluke.

It is people that don't understand the potential of bitcoin that will think that inesting in bitcoin for a long term is a waste of time. I am having more confident on bitcoin now as I am seeing how the price of bitcoin is increasing within the twinkle of an eye and this makes me to be proud that I took a bold step to start my bitcoin investment when the price was 25k+.

I am coming up with a new strategy that I can use to accumulate bitcoin because my regular DCA method is still what I am using, but is like I might consider to stop and hodli, when the price surges higher than 35k with the 10% that I am using or maybe reduce it. This is my first experience in the market and I am learning a lot from it.

Bitcoin must outperform stock because of its volatine nature and the price of bitcoin will keep pumping till infinity, unlike stock.

Of course, you have to decide for yourself what you are going to do, including if you think that there might be some value to lessen your DCA or to just keep your DCA in place.. and so maybe part of the question might be how far along are you in your investment journey. .. remember it frequently will take people close to 10 years to build up to 1 years of their income, that is presuming that they are putting away 10% of their investment income, and generally, you likely need in the range of 20-30 years worth of income to reach entry-level fuck you status.. that is a stage in which you don't have to worry about working anymore and that you can have some assurance that your investments can sustain you.

I cannot exactly tell you at what point that you feel that you need to get with your bitcoin holdings (and surely what else that you have) to suggest that cutting back might be a good idea. and surely we always should have some money (dry powder) available for buying on dips.. so will the BTC price dip or not. and is it worth it to make those kinds of adjustments at this stage.. BTC accumulators are going to decide differently in their attempts to balance these kinds of matters.. and some will end up being more correct than others, but are the correct for a reason or did they just get lucky?  

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2023, 01:40:43 PM

That is Bitcoin for you... always pulling surprises. The only people in panic mode are short term traders who would have sold since.

During the time of dip, there are those that bought around $26k - $29k, by now the short term traders would have sold around $30k to $33k and have their money in stable coin. If Bitcoin continues this move, I can only imagine the level of pain they will feel seeing that they sold too early. Whereas those holding for long are happily riding the wave and waiting for the real bull run to start.

No matter how we twist it, long term investment in Bitcoin is the sure way to maximize the opportunities of Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 05:09:10 PM

In other words, from time to time we will analyze our position and our assets and we might even start to determine that we can change our strategy because we have accumulated enough BTC... whether that happens in 1-2 years or maybe it takes 15 years to 20 years, this will vary from person to person regarding how long it might take for the person to start to consider that s/he has enough and s/he can transition from accumulation stage to maintenance stage. and sure maybe the transition will not be 100% clear because even if someone is in maintenance stage they still might accumulate BTC from time to time, but not be so concerned about accumulation because overall such person has determined that s/he has gotten enough bitcoin.
Am being inquisitive right now. So your saying that there might be a time when one feels he has accumulated enough bitcoin and would decide to only maintain the Bitcoin  he has accumulated. I am aware of people saying that accumulating Bitcoin has been an obsession to them irrespective of the amount of Bitcoin they have they still accumulate as much of it as possible since they have the money to put it in. Assuming someone is obsessed is it something that is wrong or it is good especially in this present time?
If only I could Pm so you teach me your ways  Smiley
Yes, that is what he is telling there. It's interesting but it's true that Bitcoin can make someone obsessed with it. I've seen threads like that here in the forum. It was only a bad thing because it is not different from being addicted on to some other thing/s. This might be one of the disadvantages caused by investing (not only limited to BTC) so we shouldn't worry.

I understand on why people are being greedy with it, it is because the more asset they have the more money they can get once they sell it at its peak price. We should start to set limits. Not only that it can cut the risk but it can also help our mental health stable and free from issues.
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2023, 08:37:59 PM

That is Bitcoin for you... always pulling surprises. The only people in panic mode are short term traders who would have sold since.
This is one of things I like about Bitcoin it can surprise you overnight just like what the price did this week, this is actually the reason why it is advised to keep accumulating for long time holding instead of chasing the Bitcoin price, so just like you said those short holders who buys and sell immediately after seeing a little move on Bitcoin price, I believe they will seriously be regretting why didn't hold.

So perhaps they have learned there lesson about Bitcoin price movement and is not actually late to change your strategy by holding instead of chasing the price.

ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 09:16:24 PM

This is one of things I like about Bitcoin it can surprise you overnight just like what the price did this week, this is actually the reason why it is advised to keep accumulating for long time holding instead of chasing the Bitcoin price, so just like you said those short holders who buys and sell immediately after seeing a little move on Bitcoin price, I believe they will seriously be regretting why didn't hold.

So perhaps they have learned there lesson about Bitcoin price movement and is not actually late to change your strategy by holding instead of chasing the price.
The rise is always a pretty sight if you have Bitcoin in your portfolio but if you don't have BTC in your portfolio then the rise that occurs will not mean anything to you. Previously we have seen the price of BTC drop quite significantly where the price of btc touched $15k. And what you saw today where bitcoin crossed $30k and reached $35k today.

So in this thread we just buy and hold which is what we have been doing from before. DCA was our choice and we also thank JJG because he is always our mentor in this forum where he always provides sensible advice in discussions in this thread. We will continue to hold and buy with the DCA strategy.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Wiwo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 673

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2023, 09:31:35 PM

I cannot exactly tell you at what point that you feel that you need to get with your bitcoin holdings (and surely what else that you have) to suggest that cutting back might be a good idea. and surely we always should have some money (dry powder) available for buying on dips.. so will the BTC price dip or not. and is it worth it to make those kinds of adjustments at this stage.. BTC accumulators are going to decide differently in their attempts to balance these kinds of matters.. and some will end up being more correct than others, but are the correct for a reason or did they just get lucky?  
I agree with you on this so because having such laying around money to buy Bitcoin with will give us the best chances to take advantage of Bitcoin's short-term price movements in uptrend directions just like in the current Bitcoin market movement behaviour, taking chances to grab some few Bitcoin when the market present us with the discount price is one of the best DCA mechanisms that helped many Bitcoin investors to be able to lay they hands on some Bitcoin within a short period if they do follow the right principles by setting aside a steady cash flow that put them in the position to always take advantage of the Bitcoin market at all time.

The current bitcoin price outcome is not something that is not familiar to us,  and in fact, most of the bitcoin investors who have spent at least a year in the market would already have experienced this and learned how to approach the current bitcoin market value to take the right advantages using their previous plans and engagements.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
October 24, 2023, 09:56:38 PM

The rise is always a pretty sight if you have Bitcoin in your portfolio but if you don't have BTC in your portfolio then the rise that occurs will not mean anything to you. Previously we have seen the price of BTC drop quite significantly where the price of btc touched $15k. And what you saw today where bitcoin crossed $30k and reached $35k today.

So in this thread we just buy and hold which is what we have been doing from before. DCA was our choice and we also thank JJG because he is always our mentor in this forum where he always provides sensible advice in discussions in this thread. We will continue to hold and buy with the DCA strategy.
But I was sure that nobody buys crypto without having Bitcoin first because if that is so, then I would say it is a big mistake. While seeing the current situation of Bitcoin, we can also think that bull season is coming soon and before it comes, we must be sure that we are already filling our bags with Bitcoin and some potential altcoins. Those people knowns how to hold and wait for the bull season got their rewards which is why we should practice doing this otherwise, regrets it.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 01:49:51 AM

We can witness many times in history that bitcoin ends up going into a kind of punishment mode, so those folks trying to trade it or even wait for the dip are continuously waiting, and maybe even those persons who are shorting are continuously getting reckt because they keep betting on BTC to go down and then it continues to go up.. and sure, we don't have any guarantees that bitcoin will continue to go up from here, but it is not unheard of that bitcoin does end up going into punishment mode.

I agree with you on this so because having such laying around money to buy Bitcoin with will give us the best chances to take advantage of Bitcoin's short-term price movements in uptrend directions just like in the current Bitcoin market movement behaviour, taking chances to grab some few Bitcoin when the market present us with the discount price is one of the best DCA mechanisms that helped many Bitcoin investors to be able to lay they hands on some Bitcoin within a short period if they do follow the right principles by setting aside a steady cash flow that put them in the position to always take advantage of the Bitcoin market at all time.

The current bitcoin price outcome is not something that is not familiar to us,  and in fact, most of the bitcoin investors who have spent at least a year in the market would already have experienced this and learned how to approach the current bitcoin market value to take the right advantages using their previous plans and engagements.

Ultimately the thrust of Ruttoshi's question (or the point that he is making) does seem difficult to answer because he points out that he has a kind of plan to cut back on some of his DCA amount based on the BTC price going up so much in such a short period of time (which may or may not end up being a great idea because we cannot necessarily have high levels of confidence that the BTC price is going to correct back down from here).  And sometimes if someone fairly new to bitcoin is getting into bitcoin, they might well just be better off to just continue buying and trying NOT to predict whether the price is going to go up or down..
 and they may well just be better off continuing to buy more BTC, even if they have to pay more for it now as compared to the last 18 months of relatively discounted prices.  

Maybe the correct answer has to do when they started buying BTC and how much they had been buying... if someone comes into bitcoin and had been buying quite aggressively over the last 18 months maybe they could rest on their laurels (how much they bought already), but Ruttoshi seemed to have been saying that he just started buying at $25k, which might even assume that he has not really been buying for much longer than 6 months.. so yeah, it seems to be unclear if he would have had even been able to accumulate even close to enough BTC in such a short period of time through simple DCA based on cashflow, but if he had some circumstances in which he had reallocated some funds from some other decently sized investment portfolio, then maybe he would be in a better position to cut back some of his DCA amounts.. and yet ultimately there is no real easy answer without really knowing more of the underlying individual factors.

But I was sure that nobody buys crypto without having Bitcoin first

That is a pretty BIG assumption.   There are all kinds of ways that individuals pass through their journey to get to bitcoin, and a decent number of them either have not arrived or do not arrive because they end up getting too distracted and/or sucked into shitcoins.  

because if that is so, then I would say it is a big mistake. While seeing the current situation of Bitcoin, we can also think that bull season is coming soon and before it comes, we must be sure that we are already filling our bags with Bitcoin and some potential altcoins.

I doubt that it is necessary to buy shitcoins.. and probably not a good idea.. and even if it might be an o.k. idea, we are in a bitcoin thread, so we are generally not talking about shitcoins, except maybe to bash them, here and there along the way.

Those people knowns how to hold and wait for the bull season got their rewards which is why we should practice doing this otherwise, regrets it.

As long as we are talking about bitcoin rather than shitcoins, I agree with you.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 280
Merit: 159

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 07:46:40 AM

I agree with you on this mate, people who sold their Bitcoin because there was a drop in Bitcoin price and they could not get rich within the time frame they gave themselves on Bitcoin will regret their actions now because Bitcoin has increased in price in the past few days. That is why it is always good to have a good understanding of Bitcoin so that you will know that Bitcoin is not a get-rich-quick scheme so that whenever you are ready to invest in Bitcoin you will know you are in for a long term hodl before the real profit will come. The knowledge you gain in Bitcoin will guide you to adopt a DCA strategy in accumulating your Bitcoin, and will also protect you from the volatility part of Bitcoin.

barisbilgili

Activity: 854
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 09:36:43 AM

I agree with you on this mate, people who sold their Bitcoin because there was a drop in Bitcoin price and they could not get rich within the time frame they gave themselves on Bitcoin will regret their actions now because Bitcoin has increased in price in the past few days. That is why it is always good to have a good understanding of Bitcoin so that you will know that Bitcoin is not a get-rich-quick scheme so that whenever you are ready to invest in Bitcoin you will know you are in for a long term hodl before the real profit will come. The knowledge you gain in Bitcoin will guide you to adopt a DCA strategy in accumulating your Bitcoin, and will also protect you from the volatility part of Bitcoin.
For some people who sell their Bitcoin because they panic about the falling price, of course they don't know very well how to make a profit from Bitcoin. By having a good understanding of Bitcoin, of course they will be able to benefit from Bitcoin and of course they have an understanding of how to get it and how to profit from Bitcoin. Yes, the DCA strategy is very good for those who have the desire to be able to collect Bitcoins slowly and of course they do it consistently so they can enjoy the profits from what they do.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
jcojci

Activity: 667
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 09:59:55 AM

For some people who sell their Bitcoin because they panic about the falling price, of course they don't know very well how to make a profit from Bitcoin. By having a good understanding of Bitcoin, of course they will be able to benefit from Bitcoin and of course they have an understanding of how to get it and how to profit from Bitcoin. Yes, the DCA strategy is very good for those who have the desire to be able to collect Bitcoins slowly and of course they do it consistently so they can enjoy the profits from what they do.
Just let people sell their Bitcoins out of panic. They must regret that they sold Bitcoin too early and only panicked when they saw the price decrease. Now is a good time to continue the DCA strategy because Bitcoin is still not rising too high.

But you have to be careful because from now on, Bitcoin's journey will be more extreme. That will make many people panic again. So prepare yourself mentally for Bitcoin's next move.
terrific

Activity: 2114
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 11:09:20 AM

Just let people sell their Bitcoins out of panic. They must regret that they sold Bitcoin too early and only panicked when they saw the price decrease. Now is a good time to continue the DCA strategy because Bitcoin is still not rising too high.
I don't want people to experience the panic that I've made before and that's why giving them some advice on what they should do about holding is like a responsibility if you know that they're making a mistake.
But that should stop there because once you already told them your advice, they're on their own already and it's up to them if they're going to follow what you have said or not.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 11:17:41 AM

But for some people, even though they have a very good understanding of Bitcoin, its value proposition, how it works technically, its incentive structure, its ETHOS, they STILL sell in panic. Why? Human Emotions. To tell everyone the truth, I almost sold in panic a few times too. But my cold-storage set up stops me everytime.

Cool

I literally have an offline computer storing all of my Bitcoins purchased from 2018 and 2019, and moving them them gets very, complicated. It stops me from making an impulsive decision. Plus if you want real cold-storage don't use a hardware wallet.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
bitLeap

Activity: 1162
Merit: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 11:40:58 AM

I don't want people to experience the panic that I've made before and that's why giving them some advice on what they should do about holding is like a responsibility if you know that they're making a mistake.
But that should stop there because once you already told them your advice, they're on their own already and it's up to them if they're going to follow what you have said or not.
Yes, that's how it should be, we as one of the people who strongly believe in the potential of bitcoin must give advice to those who still have doubts about this bitcoin investment. Because I also became what I am today at first also full of doubts, but over time the doubts slowly disappeared and created me as I am today.
I also had a moment where I was very panicked and ended up doing something I shouldn't have done, namely selling bitcoin. I did that at the beginning of my introduction to bitcoin, and of course it became a regret.
Now I don't want to see other people regret what I experienced, and one of them is always giving good news about bitcoin (not forgetting to educate about the risks too). If I have done that then for the next they determine, I only give advice without coercion.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Juse14

Activity: 910
Merit: 355

Duelbits

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 12:46:10 PM

Yes, that's how it should be, we as one of the people who strongly believe in the potential of bitcoin must give advice to those who still have doubts about this bitcoin investment. Because I also became what I am today at first also full of doubts, but over time the doubts slowly disappeared and created me as I am today.
I also had a moment where I was very panicked and ended up doing something I shouldn't have done, namely selling bitcoin. I did that at the beginning of my introduction to bitcoin, and of course it became a regret.
Now I don't want to see other people regret what I experienced, and one of them is always giving good news about bitcoin (not forgetting to educate about the risks too). If I have done that then for the next they determine, I only give advice without coercion.
You have great empathy for people who have problems with strategies for holding bitcoin, which is a good job in my opinion, because people don't have the same sense of responsibility that you do.

But I need to underline your statement about "it is mandatory to give advice to those who are still in doubt", you need to know that every person is different and many bitcoin holders keep it a secret that they invest in bitcoin, but that is possible in real life with your environment , but in an anonymous forum like this, talking about investment strategies in bitcoin, strengthening each other's minds sharing buying strategy thoughts, I think that we need to do it.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
terrific

Activity: 2114
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 01:19:18 PM

If they learn, better. If they not then they will still learn at the end of it. We all panicked before and the lesson was there for everybody.
If you're not that strong in heart, you'll get out of this market too early and you'll lose your optimism on it.
Learning when to sell and if you're decided to do so, you're the only one to dictate yourself to do such and if they listen to us, good for them and if they don't, not our loss.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 02:43:05 PM

Sure there is a problem with people who sold on the way down, but that does not seem to be the crux of the main kinds of problems that are likely to afflict people who are fucking around with either selling too much bitcoin too soon as BTC prices are going up and even sometimes either failing to continue to DCA, stopping their DCA or cutting back on their DCA because they are trying to play UP and down waves that may well not end up taking place in such amounts that allow them to get a sufficient amount of advantage from those kinds of plays to make them worth their efforts when maybe they just need to continue accumulating BTC without trying to play the waves.

Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2023, 07:17:48 PM

But you have to be careful because from now on, Bitcoin's journey will be more extreme. That will make many people panic again. So prepare yourself mentally for Bitcoin's next move.
One of the factors that affect most investors is always consistently watching the Bitcoin price movement, however in most cases no matter your intentions of holding watching the price all the time could affect your psychology or emotions that could make you to panic and if not careful it could lead you by selling of your accumulated Bitcoin.

For beginners who just started accumulating Bitcoin using the DCA strategy should be aware of Bitcoin price movement so that they will not be influence to start trading the market because with the potential of Bitcoin this few days price movement will be nothing compared to what is coming.

So let's get started and keep on accumulating with our DCA strategy.

ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
October 25, 2023, 09:18:10 PM

Sure there is a problem with people who sold on the way down, but that does not seem to be the crux of the main kinds of problems that are likely to afflict people who are fucking around with either selling too much bitcoin too soon as BTC prices are going up and even sometimes either failing to continue to DCA, stopping their DCA or cutting back on their DCA because they are trying to play UP and down waves that may well not end up taking place in such amounts that allow them to get a sufficient amount of advantage from those kinds of plays to make them worth their efforts when maybe they just need to continue accumulating BTC without trying to play the waves.
Maybe it's quite difficult to explain because those who sell Bitcoin at low prices definitely have problems in the investment they make, such as fear that the price will fall further and there is also no confidence for them to hold it for the long term. If we look at the period last year where the price of BTC fell quite significantly to the $15k price level. Of course we see many people selling their BTC at that time and of course we don't know the reason they sold BTC at such a low price.

However, we as holder, we think they made a mistake by selling at a low price because if they waited a little longer, maybe they could get a better profit from the decision they made. Apart from that, if they play in the waves, the risk they take may be greater if the plans they have made end in failure.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: