Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:05:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77407 times)
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2023, 05:02:58 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), fillippone (1)

I think that it is difficult to proclaim what people should do merely based on expectations of BTC price performance, especially if they had been in bitcoin for a longer period of time, then they may well have already set up some practices and/or parameters for selling their BTC, so largely both of us are attempting to respond to a longer-term scenario where kingvirtus09 had presented a somewhat vague scenario in which s/he seemed to be suggesting that a longer term BTC holder might have had sold many or most of his/her BTC during various past BTC price upswings, and I was merely off-setting such proclamation in a way to suggest that there could be scenarios that a longer term BTC holder might just be selling BTC at any price and at various points of BTC price appreciation with ONLY small attention to the extent to whether we might be in a bull market or a bear market, but at the same time, personally, I am with the idea of selling on the way up rather than either selling on the way down or even overly selling BTC with expectations of abilities to be able to buy back.
It is natural that not all investors will hold their investments up front but it is also true that not all investors will sell their investments up front. The market is in a good condition now and in such a condition some investors will sell their investments because they have noticed bad market conditions in the past and they may not be brave enough to hold on to their investments. You can be sure that those who are not brave enough to hold on to their investments now and those who sell their investments now will regret selling their investments at some point. I have a lot of faith in the Bitcoin market and that faith gives me so much courage. 

To be honest, if the Bitcoin market goes down a lot now, I won't think for a second why I didn't sell my investment because I'm used to it. Since I have developed a confidence in holding my investment deeply and since I am not very excited about market changes, I am sure and confident in myself that I can hold 100% of the investment even in the current market conditions.

The Bitcoin market moved around $38K today but from there the market has rebounded to around $36.5K. The market has changed so much in such a short period of time that many may have started thinking that they should have sold their investments at that time. People with such ideas will be more worry free when selling their investments. I think people who overthink their investments should sell their investments because overthinking is harmful to one's health. I will sell my investments at market highs and wait as long as I have to.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
November 09, 2023, 09:03:58 PM

It is natural that not all investors will hold their investments up front but it is also true that not all investors will sell their investments up front. The market is in a good condition now and in such a condition some investors will sell their investments because they have noticed bad market conditions in the past and they may not be brave enough to hold on to their investments. You can be sure that those who are not brave enough to hold on to their investments now and those who sell their investments now will regret selling their investments at some point. I have a lot of faith in the Bitcoin market and that faith gives me so much courage. 

To be honest, if the Bitcoin market goes down a lot now, I won't think for a second why I didn't sell my investment because I'm used to it. Since I have developed a confidence in holding my investment deeply and since I am not very excited about market changes, I am sure and confident in myself that I can hold 100% of the investment even in the current market conditions.

The Bitcoin market moved around $38K today but from there the market has rebounded to around $36.5K. The market has changed so much in such a short period of time that many may have started thinking that they should have sold their investments at that time. People with such ideas will be more worry free when selling their investments. I think people who overthink their investments should sell their investments because overthinking is harmful to one's health. I will sell my investments at market highs and wait as long as I have to.
I think you are comparing two performances carried out by investors where they exercise options for the short term and for the long term and make repurchases when they make the decision to sell some of their holdings. This is of course a part of investment that may be implemented by large investors where they play scenarios at two levels for the short term and the long term. But for beginners like us, of course, with relatively small capital, it is better for us to choose the long-term option and accumulate Bitcoin gradually.

I think we need to maintain a balance in our investments, I mean if we have the intention to buy regularly then make a special note for each purchasing period so that we don't miss it. Because balance in making purchases will make the planning we do run successfully until the target we want is achieved.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Sim_card

Activity: 434
Merit: 371

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2023, 09:18:19 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), DubemIfedigbo001 (1)

Yes it is a good thing to invest, I will take courage like you and invest too, maybe from now on till the whole of next year there will be a good surprise from Bitcoin price all through, I have never invest before in Bitcoin
Mate what are you waiting for that you have not started your bitcoin journey? Are you waiting to have big finds before you will invest in bitcoin. NO, you can invest with any amount of money for as low as the amount you can afford to buy as long as that will not affect your monthly expenses. Don't let this opportunity pass you buy because you will regret that you didn't start now when the time comes. Bitcoin price is still at the favorable time for newbies to buy and set aside a certain amount that they can use to DCA regularly to increase their bitcoin portfolio, since you have just few sats in your bitcoin portfolio. As you can see that bitcoin price is going high and we are also expecting the halving so it is better you start now that waiting because nobody knows the next price that we will see. Procastination is a delay to success and not an excusing for missing out this great opportunity. It is only if you don't believe in bitcoin that you will have a meaningless reason for not investing now. If you don't have a job because it is needful to invest in bitcoin, get a job and if your income is little that you cannot invest from it, then look for another means of income. Who knows if your bitcoin investment will be a game changer for you in future.

Perhaps the market is now at 38 thousand dollars, those who are new investors and plan to hold for a long time will not be impatient, you can invest from 38 thousand dollars if you want. Two to three thousand dollars isn't much of a difference to the amount of profit you're likely to make on your investment if you invest now and hold it for a long time. Invest now and try to hold onto that investment deeply. Overcoming hundreds of hurdles, when you keep this investment for a long time, you will not regret but will be much more excited about your investment.
A newbie should not only invest now and hodli but to also thinking of how they can make plans on how much they will be using to buy bitcoin regularly, maybe weekly, monthly, or quarterly through DCA because you are a low coiner, so that in 4-10yrs time they will be able to have a goof amount of bitcoin in their portfolio. This is because investment should keep on growing in size and in value to show that there is progress in that investment. If your bitcoin portfolio is stagnant, it means that you will not benefit from it that much even though bitcoin price hits 100k. This is because the profit from your bitcoin investment will be directly proportional to the size of your bitcoin portfolio with timeline and vice versa.

Similarly, another challenge of buying and HODLING is speculation as due to the fact that a lot of experts are making predictions of the price falling due to unforseen circumstances might make a beginner to pause before accumulating and it the quest of waiting for the the price to dip it now increases instead, so no matter the price of bitcoin as a beginner what you need do is keep buying and hodling and possibly apply the use of the dca method.
Yeah I agree with you that speculation is one of the major challenges most Bigginers normally face due to lack of much knowledge about it but however as a newbie who has a basic knowledge about Bitcoin and from those knowledge he discovered the potential of Bitcoin and as such decided to take part on investing on Bitcoin with the belief of holding the Bitcoin for years, so perhaps as a newbie or regular investors I see no reason why speculation could affect your investment decisions which your intention is buying and holding for long time, so speculation or not shouldn't be your concern because you have an investment goal to achieve.

So perhaps is only people or newbies whom there main intentions is to buy the dip and sell when the price increases so those are the sets of investor that normally got influenced by speculation.
I don't see bitcoin price speculation as a problem for a newbie who has set a long term goal for himself and has a bitcoin target that he needs to reach. This is because the basic knowledge of bitcoin says invest in a long term goal to lower the risk of short term and be safe from worries of bitcoin price fluctuation. It is only a newbie that has the plan to invest in a short term that can get himself distracted with bitcoin price speculation and get himself stuck at the middle and either ends up missing out of using DCA strategy to increase his bitcoin or will make wrong decisions that will cost him a lot. DCA has solved the problem of price speculations and discouragementt and fears if you are in a long term investment

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JoyMarsha

Activity: 812
Merit: 351

View Profile
November 09, 2023, 09:55:56 PM

I know that what gives you the courage and confidence not to worry about your crypto investment is that you invested in bitcoin, not an altcoin. If you have invested in altcoin, you will know that altcoin investments are not good to be held for so long in bad market conditions without making haste to sell them off asap because of loss of profits.

Needless to this, it is good that many crypto investors have known that the best investment one could have is bitcoin. Having it as a long-term investment plan gives them profits. Whether the price of bitcoin declines badly in price, it will surely increase back in price with time. It is all about them being able to hodl it safely in their portfolio and not on exchange. Every other price decrease in bitcoin will be a thing of the past once the bull run kicks in

Ladies.de███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LadiesStars
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2023, 10:23:53 PM

I think we need to maintain a balance in our investments, I mean if we have the intention to buy regularly then make a special note for each purchasing period so that we don't miss it. Because balance in making purchases will make the planning we do run successfully until the target we want is achieved.
You are correct but perhaps having a note to take down the date which you intend to regularly accumulate may not really be necessary because so long as investment on Bitcoin is concerned there is every tendency that the possibility of always meeting up with your weekly accumulation process may be hampered based on other urgent needs, so in that case as a good investor you should be able adjust your investment levels the way it will suit your accumulation at that moment.

So perhaps in that scenario if your accumulation patterns are on weekly basis you could adjust it by making it two weeks instead of weekly in other to sorts out the urgent needs and before you could go back to the normal weekly accumulation.

Fauderz

Activity: 28
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 09, 2023, 10:39:31 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Actually in this case when talking about investment it is a choice and indeed if we can do it then why not.
Regardless of whether or not fiat is safe at this time we must realize that fiat is the greatest power but investment can indeed be a necessity without leaving fiat because after all for everyday life fiat is still very much needed.
I will not leave fiat in this case because it is also impossible because fiat still has full power, especially to support life but for investment, especially in bitcoin, it is a different story. Do not merely when you are in bitcoin you forget and consider fiat bad because in the end when looking at the situation in everyday life fiat is still a primary factor if categorized as a necessity.

In this part of your post, your ideas sound a little lost Fauderz, even though I think that I understand what you are saying in regards to making sure to keep some feet in the fiat world, even while investing into BTC, and even on a personal level, I don't have any problem with the idea of keeping a foot in both worlds, but your comment's seeming attachment to fiat seems like it could be a bit problematic, as if you don't really understand what bitcoin is offering..... but from the rest of your post, I can see that you do seem to understand that bitcoin is a potentially powerful investment.. so what is it?   Do you consider that there is anything wrong with establishing a bitcoin position and continuing to operate in the fiat world, so it is not like your choice to invest into bitcoin would result in your having to have to give up fiat?   You seem to understand that, so why be so lovey-dovey in the way that you describe fiat?  Sure fiat exists, but we don't need to be lovely-dovey about fiat, since fiat has a lot of problems and hopefully our investment into bitcoin allows us to have some non-correlated exposure to money that is not so controlled and manipulated by state actors, who might not even have bad intentions but the system that they are working within has gotten away from them, so they have to engage in deceptions, lies and desperations to try to keep normies trapped into such a controlling system.. especially ways that fiat is currently being manipulated to control people, which maybe had always been somewhat true and the powers that be do not really like normies using cash, either.
No, my point in this is that we don't have to hate fiat and not be in it because we still need it for our daily needs and indeed until now I still have a dependency on fiat (to support my daily life) so there is no need to feel that fiat is a mistake and btc is right because at the end of the day their concepts are opposite but it's not a search about the truth because I think both are right but their functions are different for me.
Bitcoin I use as an investment tool for my future but fiat I use to support today's needs. As long as both are still useful then I will continue to use both so there is no concept of wrong and right between bitcoin and fiat and they are also made not to blame each other.

Therefore, we must have a careful strategy from the beginning so that in the future the needs we need and the ongoing investment (DCA) are not disturbed. 20 percent is not the initial benchmark because if in the end if we are not able to be consistent in the future, why force something that is difficult for us to guarantee so that initial management of finances and planning in investment must be decided carefully from the start.
If we set too much from the beginning, for example 30 percent or 20 percent but are not able to be consistent, it will also be not optimal so it needs further emphasis on whether we are able to invest with an amount of 30 or 20 percent for the long term or not. If in the end this is burdensome then reduce it so that you are able to be consistent but on the other hand you are also able to support the needs of the life you live.

I agree with everything you say here Fauderz, and I would just add that it is likely better to find an amount that is sustainable that is lower than to pick too high an amount, but at the same time, if someone is really on top of their cashflow situation (and they have an emergency fund in place and have even projected out their cashflows for 6-18 months), they may well have enough information about their situation to really be aggressive and to push their DCA to its maximum amount every time they get paid or every month or however they have it set up and decide to fluctuate every paycheck between 10% and 30%, so it is not like they have to be exactly consistent, and just because exchanges allow people to set up automatic DCAs, I am not really much of a fan of the automatic DCA, yet at the same time, many times in the real world, people don't want to have to manually make their BTC buys on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis.
This is a good point and I like the addition that you gave and thank you for this because I will probably add this also as a strategy that I do for my support when investing because what you said makes a lot of sense and I can still do it.
Because indeed I still feel for now rather than we force trying to buy too high but instead it interferes with other needs it will actually make ourselves not be optimal and will actually mess up the initial plan so it doesn't matter if the DCA is lowered a little like 10-20 percent but it can guarantee you are able to do it well rather than forcing the will with 30 percent as a benchmark but instead it ruins the scheme that you will make for the future.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 01:35:56 AM

You are correct because there are no reasons to wait for the dip because a lot of weeks or months might pass and Bitcoin might not dip and one can use the money he/she was planning to buy the dip when it dipped to do something else. Most times when Bitcoin dips, those that are waiting for the dip might not even have the money to buy it anymore, rather than waiting till they have the money, but nevertheless, the dip will not wait for such a person, because Bitcoin has a destination that it is heading to, so the best strategy is DCA and not waiting for the dip.
To those of us who say we are waiting for opportunities to invest, I want to say that we are missing opportunities every moment. We take it one day at a time and miss one opportunity at a time. We will actually think that this is the best time to invest at what point is the price of Bitcoin? Those who wait for time and don't invest may not know themselves which is the best time to invest. I'm sure those who are biding their time are waiting for the bitcoin market to reach $30k ie they will invest when the bitcoin price reaches $30k. They only think that they will invest 30000 dollars, but when the market comes to 30000 dollars, they will wait for it to come down a little more. If the market goes down again, they will come down a little more, so they can't invest. 

We have seen the Bitcoin market hovering at $35,000 for a few days, but those who were planning to buy dips would have seen something positive at the beginning of their investment if they had invested in Bitcoin when it was at $35,000.

Perhaps the market is now at 38 thousand dollars, those who are new investors and plan to hold for a long time will not be impatient, you can invest from 38 thousand dollars if you want. Two to three thousand dollars isn't much of a difference to the amount of profit you're likely to make on your investment if you invest now and hold it for a long time. Invest now and try to hold onto that investment deeply. Overcoming hundreds of hurdles, when you keep this investment for a long time, you will not regret but will be much more excited about your investment.

It is a bit crazy and ridiculous that you are talking in terms of buying a whole bitcoin, when the overwhelming majority of the world's population and those who are able to get into bitcoin are not going to be able to buy a whole bitcoin at one time, and so you are talking about real minority (and even elite kinds of scenarios), and even people who might decide to invest $10k in bitcoin might well not do it in one lump sum.. but instead spread the buys out over a week or two. 

Yeah, there are some folks who have that amount of capital, or even 100s of thousands of dollars in their investment portfolio, and they may well be willing to allocate the quantity of a whole bitcoin at once, but still seems like a pretty small minority of people and likely NOT the kinds of people coming to this thread as newbie bitcoiners...

Sure you have some decent points, but you are still framing the whole hypothetical in kind of dumb-ass ways. .including a kind of presumption that there is a necessity of getting a whole coin or a whole coin at once.  Yeah, some people are dumb like that (and maybe quite a few people who do not know about bitcoin are thinking in those kinds of terms) , but there is no need to be enforcing those kinds of dumb ideas, even if a lot of people think about them and even don't really realize the power of the satoshi... which likely just means ongoingly cheaper sats for those of us who better understand ideas of divisibility.

I think that it is difficult to proclaim what people should do merely based on expectations of BTC price performance, especially if they had been in bitcoin for a longer period of time, then they may well have already set up some practices and/or parameters for selling their BTC, so largely both of us are attempting to respond to a longer-term scenario where kingvirtus09 had presented a somewhat vague scenario in which s/he seemed to be suggesting that a longer term BTC holder might have had sold many or most of his/her BTC during various past BTC price upswings, and I was merely off-setting such proclamation in a way to suggest that there could be scenarios that a longer term BTC holder might just be selling BTC at any price and at various points of BTC price appreciation with ONLY small attention to the extent to whether we might be in a bull market or a bear market, but at the same time, personally, I am with the idea of selling on the way up rather than either selling on the way down or even overly selling BTC with expectations of abilities to be able to buy back.

If you have a system in place that both provides you comfort but also that you have various plans for a variety of scenarios, then surely you are likely to be more prepared when those scenarios play out and even sometimes more prepared when the BTC price might go beyond some of your anticipated scenarios. which does happen from time to time, and so we likely do not need to necessarily agree upon the various ways to structure the plan in order to recognize and appreciate the various problematic natures to attempt to play the shorter waves which is selling on the way up and expecting to be able to buy back.  Surely, I am not personally against the idea of selling on the way up, but I think that it is quite problematic if any of us are selling on the way up and expecting to be able to buy back.. that just does not seem like a good mindset and/or a good framework, even though many normies do get sucked into trying to play the market in those kinds of directions and likely an overwhelming majority of the ones playing those kinds fo games would have had been much better off to just focus upon various ongoing buying techniques and/or buying on the way down techniques..

but at the same time, any of us might be able to recognize and appreciate that some people might have goals in which they do want to cash out some BTC at various points in time, and hopefully they do not end up having regrets in terms of selling too much too soon.. which surely does end up happening quite frequently in bitcoin's history, and really there is no reason to speculate that these kind of tendencies to sell too much too soon are not going to continue to take place.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
barisbilgili

Activity: 868
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 04:22:58 AM

I think you are comparing two performances carried out by investors where they exercise options for the short term and for the long term and make repurchases when they make the decision to sell some of their holdings. This is of course a part of investment that may be implemented by large investors where they play scenarios at two levels for the short term and the long term. But for beginners like us, of course, with relatively small capital, it is better for us to choose the long-term option and accumulate Bitcoin gradually.

Everyone can invest using Bitcoin to be able to get a profit from the investment they make and also if we choose to buy it in stages it would be better for us to use the method as you said. We can make a note when we make a purchase and buy it regularly of course. we will achieve the targets we want from the investments we make.

I know that what gives you the courage and confidence not to worry about your crypto investment is that you invested in bitcoin, not an altcoin. If you have invested in altcoin, you will know that altcoin investments are not good to be held for so long in bad market conditions without making haste to sell them off asap because of loss of profits.
Yes you are right, if we invest in crypto of course we will choose Bitcoin as the investment we choose because it is very leveraged that we can get profits from Bitcoin if we can collect it with the strategy we choose, choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 04:37:50 AM

If we invest in crypto of course we will choose Bitcoin as the investment we choose because it is very leveraged that we can get profits from Bitcoin if we can collect it with the strategy we choose, choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.
Many investors still prefer alts instead of Bitcoin because of the possibility to gain huge in a short period (especially if you invest on the current hype like meme coins) that's what they thought. But not realizing that investing solely to Bitcoin is way safer and less risky. It might take time to gain but at least it's much wiser compared to investing in altcoins.

Therefore, buy Bitcoin and keep holding because it's the best choice.

Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 04:57:17 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), fillippone (1)

I don't believe that you need to have a lot of money to keep your investment for a long time. I believe that financial support is not a big thing, but the big thing is the mentality of keeping your investment for a long time. If there was a certain amount of money mentioned in terms of making your own investment and keeping that investment for a long time, then I would have given importance to having more financial support, but since there is no fixed level in the case of investment, any investor can keep his investment for a long time. 

You have made a right point here that an easy thing for investors like us is to gradually increase the investment amount as per our financial condition after starting investment, I think it is a very good idea. If we can increase our investment amount every week or every month and continue this growth trend then in the long run our investment amount will be seen much higher.

I see two positive aspects in holding investments in long-term plans every week or every month, one is that an investor continues his investment trend and also an investor can control spending his extra money every week or every month.

I think from my side I can say if man has intention he can definitely invest and he can definitely keep his investment for long time. Deeply holding your investments requires only a mindset of holding. One who has the mindset to hold his investment for a long time will surely hold his investment deeply.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Salahmu

Activity: 406
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 07:56:15 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Many investors still prefer alts instead of Bitcoin because of the possibility to gain huge in a short period (especially if you invest on the current hype like meme coins) that's what they thought. But not realizing that investing solely to Bitcoin is way safer and less risky. It might take time to gain but at least it's much wiser compared to investing in altcoins.

In as much as every investors is entitled to his decision on investment shouldn't give them the mindset of believing that altcoins is good for investment, come to even think of it which investors will clearly see how good, potential and profitable Bitcoin is and they would ignore it to go for altcoins which there potentials are unknown.

Sometimes most of the failure on investment is as a result of bad investment decisions because in times investment only profits making should not be considered perhaps aside from profits the legibility and potential should also be considered because is better making a little profits but consistently than making a huge profits at a time and lose everything tomorrow.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Fuso.hp

Activity: 448
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 08:49:04 AM

In as much as every investors is entitled to his decision on investment shouldn't give them the mindset of believing that altcoins is good for investment, come to even think of it which investors will clearly see how good, potential and profitable Bitcoin is and they would ignore it to go for altcoins which there potentials are unknown.

Sometimes most of the failure on investment is as a result of bad investment decisions because in times investment only profits making should not be considered perhaps aside from profits the legibility and potential should also be considered because is better making a little profits but consistently than making a huge profits at a time and lose everything tomorrow.
If we expect good things by investing in the wrong places, it will be like cleaning a mirror with dirt on our face. Investing in the wrong place means making a mistake in the beginning, and how can those who make such mistakes in the beginning expect anything good from the investment.  

ALT coin is never a perfect coin to invest and I think it would be a wrong decision for an investor if he decides to hold the investment in such coin for a long time. If an investor is planning to invest and if his plan is long term then he should accept Bitcoin for investment without thinking anything. Bitcoin offers an investor as much financial security as any other coin in the market, but not as much. Holding the investment is the next thing but the first and foremost thing for an investor is to invest in the right coin.  

One thing I always don't understand is why some investors invest in other coins instead of Bitcoin. Where other coins in the market are directly dependent on Bitcoin, it makes no sense to keep Bitcoin and invest in other coins.  
I have always put Bitcoin first in my long-term investment plan since the beginning.  

A long time ago I started my first investment and I have been able to hold my investment till now. The amount of investment that I started with in the beginning has increased today and my investment amount will increase more in the coming days which means that I can definitely hold my investment for a long time.

Many investors still prefer alts instead of Bitcoin because of the possibility to gain huge in a short period (especially if you invest on the current hype like meme coins) that's what they thought.
Those who invest in ALT coins to get rich in a short period of time should remember to never be in a hurry to change their position. Maybe he will invest in ALT coins to get rich for a short time but if he never gets any return on his money then he will become a poorer person instead of a rich person.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
cryptoWODL

Activity: 238
Merit: 216

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 09:28:13 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2023, 09:41:52 AM by cryptoWODL
Merited by fillippone (1)

If we invest in crypto of course we will choose Bitcoin as the investment we choose because it is very leveraged that we can get profits from Bitcoin if we can collect it with the strategy we choose, choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.

Investing in Bitcoin is much safer and less risky than alt coins.The topic of Bitcoin is not relatively new. Because of this, Bitcoin is often considered an emergency investment.

In my opinion, investing in Bitcoin now has the potential to yield huge returns in the near future. Needless to say, there is a lot of profit potential in a short period of time. But you need to have the ability to wait in time.
So I say to those who want to invest in altcoins, don't just focus on altcoins, it's better to invest in bitcoins when the bitcoin pump starts, because in this case, the profit is more. And investing in Bitcoin is already very safe because no matter how much Bitcoin gets dumped, it recovers very quickly. And now Bitcoin is in a long dump from ATH so now is the time for Bitcoin to pump again. So I think investing in Bitcoin now can be very profitable in the future.

A long time ago I started my first investment and I have been able to hold my investment till now. The amount of investment that I started with in the beginning has increased today and my investment amount will increase more in the coming days which means that I can definitely hold my investment for a long time.
You are right in your place I think people investing in alt coins instead of Bitcoin are fooling themselves.Speaking as an investor I have invested in many alt coins before with no success.
But currently I am investing in altcoins in small amount that is on ENG token that's why its market value is almost bullish now.But I am currently more interested in investing in Bitcoin because I made a good profit in a short period of time investing in Bitcoin which I have done the most important work of my life.
People who are interested or want to invest should not only invest in alt coins but also invest in Bitcoin.

Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 09:59:17 AM

But as a knowledgeable investor who may have had long-term experience in the market,  it will be a wise DCA approach to accumulate more bitcoin only when the price is at the discounted level and to avoid DCA when the price is high because a high price should be best used for cashing out profits, and not to open any buy position.
The question is how do you know when the price is low? Ok... Maybe a certain price below the last ATH right? But any price below the last ATH is certainly experiencing a dip so any point in time is good for buying.
Still from what you said, talking about the discounted level when do  you predict Bitcoin will experience a dip for you to enter the market. I should believe doing the DCA is good and better because their is every conviction that you must make profits from every funds you invest in Bitcoin , ones your initiative is for the long term and buying very bountiful when you see the Dip.

Hatchy

Merit: 461

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 11:12:19 AM

choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.

Bullshit mate. You cannot really know anything about altcoins they are more unpredictable compared to Bitcoin. It will be a total waste of your time, trying to studying more about a coin that will not yield you any profit. If you want to study or know more about Bitcoin, it will be a much better choice for you. At least you have this certainty that you are investing your money and time in something that will yield you profit on the long run.

Investors who struggle to make wise decisions often experience frequent losses. I recall a specific instance when Dogecoin reached its alltime high due to influential figures like Elon Musk and some large investors. Many people bought in, expecting higher profits. However, today, Dogecoin's value is less than a dollar. Those who hastily invested are likely regretting it, holding onto coins with little to no value. If they had chosen to invest wisely in Bitcoin at that time, their profits would likely be much higher now. It's important for all of us to make wise decisions when it comes to investing.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Lidger

Activity: 63
Merit: 54

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 12:57:07 PM

But I am currently more interested in investing in Bitcoin because I made a good profit in a short period of time investing in Bitcoin which I have done the most important work of my life.
The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary. I think you are planning to hold your investment for short term rather than long term. An investor who invests in a long-term plan does not care much about small changes in the market because his plan is to deeply hold his investment. 

If you were asked to find the difference between a long drive and a short drive, you would surely be able to find the difference between a long drive and a short drive. When we go for a long drive, our car or bike takes more fuel, we have to wait longer and we have to go through more challenges in the long drive than in the short drive. More fuel, longer wait after all these but we can reach our desired destination. But this is not the case with short drives, short drives have limited destinations and not much fun. 

Investments are like long drives and short drives. Just as investing for the long drive gives us a different kind of peace of mind, holding our investments for a longer period of time also gives us a lot of upside from our investments. We should hold the investment deeply even if it is to get something good from the investment.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 01:35:09 PM
Merited by jrrsparkles (1)

I don't believe that you need to have a lot of money to keep your investment for a long time. I believe that financial support is not a big thing, but the big thing is the mentality of keeping your investment for a long time. If there was a certain amount of money mentioned in terms of making your own investment and keeping that investment for a long time, then I would have given importance to having more financial support, but since there is no fixed level in the case of investment, any investor can keep his investment for a long time. 

You have made a right point here that an easy thing for investors like us is to gradually increase the investment amount as per our financial condition after starting investment, I think it is a very good idea. If we can increase our investment amount every week or every month and continue this growth trend then in the long run our investment amount will be seen much higher.

I see two positive aspects in holding investments in long-term plans every week or every month, one is that an investor continues his investment trend and also an investor can control spending his extra money every week or every month.

I think from my side I can say if man has intention he can definitely invest and he can definitely keep his investment for long time. Deeply holding your investments requires only a mindset of holding. One who has the mindset to hold his investment for a long time will surely hold his investment deeply.

You are correct Litzki1990 in pointing out how so many members seem to get caught up in wrong ideas about the various ways that rich people are advantaged over poor people, and sure, rich people likely have more disposable income, but it surely does not mean that the rich people are going to end up taking advantage of opportunities to invest into bitcoin, and it could well end up happening that many poor people are able to surpass the advantages of rich people merely because they both know about bitcoin and they consistently invest into bitcoin.

With bitcoin knowledge and action have the potential to contribute towards the advancement of many poor people, and surely any poor people can figure out ways to make sure that they have disposable income by either increasing their income and/or cutting their expenses, then surely the first 4-10 years might be somewhat painful because they might start out by only being able to invest $10 per week, but maybe they figure out ways to increase that investment amount to $100 per week or perhaps more.. and even if they are not able to increase their ongoing investment amount by very much, if they figure out ways to be persistent, consistent and prudent with their bitcoin approach, they may well start to perceive concrete advantages that they have built from their actively involving themselves in bitcoin investing.. and of course, it is not guaranteed, and of course, they may well need to learn a variety of ways of protecting their bitcoin investment along the way, such as getting some kinds of private wallets and learning how to use them and how to protect their bitcoin.

The rich person could well be have greater opportunities because s/he has potential for greater disposable income, but the richer person still has to recognize bitcoin as a place to consistently put his/her value in order to be advantaged by it, and some times rich people are too blinded by their own situations to see the value of bitcoin or to see value outside of fiat systems... so the mere fact that they are richer does not necessarily automatically give them long term advantages if they fail/refuse  to recognize bitcoin as a place to put value and to actually act responsibly in regards to that knowledge by consistently, persistently and prudently accumulating bitcoin.

But as a knowledgeable investor who may have had long-term experience in the market,  it will be a wise DCA approach to accumulate more bitcoin only when the price is at the discounted level and to avoid DCA when the price is high because a high price should be best used for cashing out profits, and not to open any buy position.
The question is how do you know when the price is low? Ok... Maybe a certain price below the last ATH right? But any price below the last ATH is certainly experiencing a dip so any point in time is good for buying.
Still from what you said, talking about the discounted level when do  you predict Bitcoin will experience a dip for you to enter the market. I should believe doing the DCA is good and better because their is every conviction that you must make profits from every funds you invest in Bitcoin , ones your initiative is for the long term and buying very bountiful when you see the Dip.

It seems to me that sure it is better to buy the dip when possible, but if you don't have any bitcoin or ONLY a small amount of bitcoin, you may well end up buying BTC at times in which the BTC price is going up and there still are decisions whether to buy or to wait, because sometimes when the BTC price ends up going up it might not dip back to previous prices, even if it is in the process of making new ATHs.  Is this time different?   We cannot be sure.  Here are some examples:

1) The early 2013 ATH of $263 did end up getting surpassed in around September 2013, and then when BTC prices dipped in 2014, did end up getting breached again in late 2014 and even stayed around and below it through quite a bit of 2015, but after October 2015, sub $300 BTC prices were never experienced again.

2) The late 2013 ATH of $1,163 did end up getting surpassed in around December 2016, and then did end up getting breached again in early 2016, but after March 2017 sub $3,000 BTC prices were never experienced again.

3) The late 2017 ATH of $19,666 did end up getting surpassed in around December 2020, and then did end up getting breached again in June 2022, and so far after January 2023, the $19,666 has not been materially breached even though it was very shortly touched upon in March 2023.   It does seem pretty doubtful that $19,666 will be breached again, but surely not guaranteed.

4) We will have to see about our current ATH of $69k.  Will have to see when (and if) it is surpassed and then if it is going to be breached again and if so for how long, yet at the same time, we should question any tactic that expects that the BTC price has to drop back below the previous ATH after the previous ATH ends up getting surpassed again.. Maybe my examples are contributing to a potential change in my considerations regarding how likely BTC prices might end up dipping back down to (or below) $69k once (and if) it gets surpassed.  I surely don't like the idea of waiting because we cannot necessarily know where the BTC price is going to go, yet maybe at some point in the future, it might become more advisable and prudent to wait rather than buy - once the BTC price surpasses certain UPpity levels including when (and if) it starts making new ATHs.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Odohu

Activity: 378
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 02:10:07 PM

The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary.
It is quite exciting seeing some gains in the market but I think it is too early to conclude that we are in a bullish market. There still chances of this being a bull trap. A lot of theories have been postulated as to why the market is rising, some believe it is rumors of Bitcoin ETF approval while some believe it is as a result of Ordinals, that is NFTs on the Bitcoin Network. If the former is true and Bitcoin ETF did not see the light of day at least for now, the market might dropped drastically even though we don't know the extent to which the drop will be but surely the market will respond accordingly. This will confirm that we are really still far from being in a bull market as many things are still hanging in the balance. As we approach Q1 of 2024, a lot of things will become clear.

Nevertheless, the wise thing to do now is to continue to collect Bitcoin with whatever method you are using because the bull market will eventually come even though we are not certain when it will happen. In line with the topic of the thread, "Buy the DIP, and HODL"

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 02:52:41 PM

The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary.
It is quite exciting seeing some gains in the market but I think it is too early to conclude that we are in a bullish market. There still chances of this being a bull trap. A lot of theories have been postulated as to why the market is rising, some believe it is rumors of Bitcoin ETF approval while some believe it is as a result of Ordinals, that is NFTs on the Bitcoin Network. If the former is true and Bitcoin ETF did not see the light of day at least for now, the market might dropped drastically even though we don't know the extent to which the drop will be but surely the market will respond accordingly. This will confirm that we are really still far from being in a bull market as many things are still hanging in the balance. As we approach Q1 of 2024, a lot of things will become clear.

Nevertheless, the wise thing to do now is to continue to collect Bitcoin with whatever method you are using because the bull market will eventually come even though we are not certain when it will happen. In line with the topic of the thread, "Buy the DIP, and HODL"

I don't really like the idea of flip-flopping back and forth from we are in a bear market or we are in a bull market, and so sure, you may be correct Odohu that the bull market has not been confirmed yet, but I doubt that you are correct that we are not in a bull market.   Almost always there are corrections along the way, but that does not take us out of the bull market, unless maybe we go back to test the bottom such as $15,479 or maybe even getting below $20k or something like that.

Sure, you are free to talk about these markets as if they are flip flopping, but I doubt it brings vary much clarity to frame them in that kind of way. 

So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978, it does seem to appear that we could have some pretty severe corrections from here that could even go back down to the local low and maybe even lower, but surely a decent amount of space has been created between the two, and perhaps it will be difficult to get back down to that September low of $24,920, and maybe getting back below $30k might also be difficult, even though we surely are not very far away from $30k.. but even having had said all of that, sometimes in bitcoin's historical price performance, it does not go back to those previous prices, so if we end up getting more UP before down, then it could contribute to some difficulties in getting back to those kinds of lower prices such as either below $30k or below or touching upon the 200-week moving average which currently is at $28,622.

Yes, we know that the BTC price can go either way, and the BTC price is especially vulnerable to a deep correction when it has gone up quite a bit in a short period of time, but I doubt that means that we would be flip flopping from bear to bull and then back to bear.. when maybe we might be getting caught into semantics a bit in terms of trying to describe where we are at and what is the current trend.

Salahmu

Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 02:59:44 PM

One thing I always don't understand is why some investors invest in other coins instead of Bitcoin. Where other coins in the market are directly dependent on Bitcoin, it makes no sense to keep Bitcoin and invest in other coins.  
I have always put Bitcoin first in my long-term investment plan since the beginning.  

Perhaps most investors are looking for an easy way they could invest and be making money on a regular basis, so however seeing Altcoins as the only alternative of reaching to there goals, and most of the investors normally prefers altcoins because they uses a strategy of following some crypto influencials to know when they would give a call to purchase a particular altcoins so that they could buy and sell immediately, which is a very bad investment plan because an investor could easily be cut off by the market price and lose almost everything.

I don't know why most investors seem not to be bothered about the likely challenges and the risk of putting there money on altcoins because the earlier they realize themselves the better for them because on a daily basis that's how most altcoins investors are becoming victims, because I even had the experience when I started investment, so I was encouraged by a friend to invest on altcoin and did, so up till now i have not realized my capital and the altcoin has been dumped, so that's were I learnt my lesson so I can never invest my money on altcoin.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: