Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:05:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 409 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 78173 times)
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 03:03:02 PM

So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978,

Considering the current market price compared with the Lowest low of this run which is around 15K and the Highest high which we are now, we haven't even crossed the quarter region to its next ATH.

So anyone who wants to buy Bitcoin for the long term still has time to buy at the discounted price but the price can move either way in short term and its always been the case so focusing on its long-term pattern will give better clarity for anyone who looks at what price to invest/buy bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 03:11:42 PM

So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978,

Considering the current market price compared with the Lowest low of this run which is around 15K and the Highest high which we are now, we haven't even crossed the quarter region to its next ATH.

So anyone who wants to buy Bitcoin for the long term still has time to buy at the discounted price but the price can move either way in short term and its always been the case so focusing on its long-term pattern will give better clarity for anyone who looks at what price to invest/buy bitcoin.

I agree that its still early in the -bull run- to buy now and look to the future to make profits if
thats the goal but after the surge up to todays market price of over $37,000 I would say that
there are a good few people holding out now for "the Dip" because inevitably it will happen eventhough
the sentiment ATM is that it could rise further . . . abd keep going!

Personally, I have FIAT now but I'm holding out for the "correction" - so yea I'm waiting for the
"Buy the Dip, and HODL" moment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Erumo

Activity: 549
Merit: 42

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 03:15:58 PM

Personally, I have FIAT now but I'm holding out for the "correction" - so yea I'm waiting for the

You've already had a million and one opportunity to buy during correction, so why wait now? You think next correction would be any different from correction we had before? Come one man, dont be so greedy. Take some of your holding and make a test purchase. You wont lose much, and would have tested the market. Who knows, maybe today is the best time to jump in and you would thank me in half a year.

You mess with the meow meow
You get the peow peow
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 03:35:07 PM

You are correct Litzki1990 in pointing out how so many members seem to get caught up in wrong ideas about the various ways that rich people are advantaged over poor people, and sure, rich people likely have more disposable income, but it surely does not mean that the rich people are going to end up taking advantage of opportunities to invest into bitcoin, and it could well end up happening that many poor people are able to surpass the advantages of rich people merely because they both know about bitcoin and they consistently invest into bitcoin.
Just as a rich person does not take time to become poor, so a poor person does not take time to become rich. Changing the position of people is only a matter of time. There are many poor people who have changed their fortunes by investing. 

Your profit or loss will not depend on how much money you have, but your profit or loss will depend on how much knowledge you have to invest. 
If a rich person invests a large amount of money in the wrong place and if he does not get a return due to the large amount of money invested in the wrong place, he will lose only a part of his total money, thereby reducing his wealth. 
On the other hand, a poor person who invests in the right place and holds his investment for a certain period of time, but that poor person can increase his money by investing. That is, a rich person's money goes down due to investing in the wrong place and a poor person's money goes up due to investing in the right place. How much money you have is not important but what matters is whether you are using your money properly. Investing in Bitcoin is investing in the right place, and investing in the right place can transform an investor's position if deeply held. 

When I started investing I was not financially sound but my full focus was on my investments. I was committed to hold my investment for long term and I have continued to do so till now and that is why I am getting the success I expected due to my holding this investment for long term.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Sim_card

Activity: 434
Merit: 378

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 04:35:44 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

there is a lot of profit potential in a short period of time.
I don't see any nig profit in bitcoin when you invest in a short period, because it is better that you focis on a long term goal and pit your mentality on a long term goal so that you will be able to hodli for long while you increase your portgolio with regulat DCA method. It is only traders that soimds the way that you are sounding. and that is why when they see a little increase in price all their body is in panic to sell. Don't focis more on this short term change of price because, it can tempt to to se;; and when you cam't overcome it, you might sell and miss out bigger profit that is upfront waiting for you. This is why you shoulf have a bitcoin target and make a plan on how much you will be buying regularly so that you can reach your butcoin target in the long run.

So I say to those who want to invest in altcoins, don't just focus on altcoins
It is better not to even think of altcoins as part of an investment because it is like gambling and not investment, since you will not be able to hodli for long. Infact just forget about them as they are distractions.

it's better to invest in bitcoins when the bitcoin pump starts, because in this case, the profit is more.
No mate, you are getting evertthing some how wrong. You can invest in bitcoin anytime whether when the market id pimping or dumping but what matters is that you should continue buying with DCA weekly or monthly do that you have more advantage over the market. This is because your bitcoin portfolio is increasing gradually and after a long tern like 4-10yrs and above, you will have a good amount that you have accumulated and the price of bitcoin will have passed when you started buying initially. I will say that the best time to buy bitcoin is at the bottom line of the dip buy do you want to start waiting for the bottom line when you don't know when it will come. That is why regular DCA saves from those regrets that you will make when waiting for the dip because you might end up missing out. Also it is better to increase your bitcoin investment gradually as that is how the nature of life is.

When you buy at when bitcoin price is why, it means that you are buying out of FOMO and you might get discouraged when the price dips below your entry point and stays there for a while. Don't buy because of quick profit but buy because you want to compound the profit over a long period of time.

But currently I am investing in altcoins in small amount that is on ENG token that's why its market value is almost bullish now.But I am currently more interested in investing in Bitcoin because I made a good profit in a short period of time investing in Bitcoin which I have done the most important work of my life
I can see that you are a beginner in your bitcoin journey and you are still a low coiner, why are you fucking around with altcoins when you do not have much bitcoin in your bag. It will be better for you to sell those shitcoins of yours and use the money to buy bitcoin, because as a newbie you need to stay more focus on one investment which is bitcoin since it is the ultimate of all. You will only end up distracting yourself with those shitcoins of your and it will hinder your progress in your bitcoin journey because your mind will be divided.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 05:20:22 PM

I agree that its still early in the -bull run- to buy now and look to the future to make profits if
thats the goal but after the surge up to todays market price of over $37,000 I would say that
there are a good few people holding out now for "the Dip" because inevitably it will happen eventhough
the sentiment ATM is that it could rise further . . . abd keep going!

It is not "inevitable" that a dip will happen from here.  Sure, the odds for a dip become higher "most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978" (which is right around a 50% price appreciation in two months).. but remember (or look at the charts), we experienced a 3.5x appreciation in 3 months in 2019 from April 1 to June 30... so none of us can tell very much regarding how high the odds for a correction are, but surely a correction not inevitable and even if a correction does end up happening, it does not mean that the correction is going to even come back down to the prices that we currently are at.

Personally, I do have a sense that there might be some resistance in the $50-$55k range.. but who knows?  Sometimes corrections come earlier than the anticipated resistance, and sometimes they will go past the anticipated area of resistance before correcting.. yet at the same time, many of us likely realize when the BTC price goes up fast, then there is a need for demand to keep up so sometimes the demand will peter out when the price goes up quickly and when it continues to go up without having some corrections in there in order to give some time for demand to catch up... yet none of that really means anything if we cannot exactly figure out where the demand is coming, and sure sometimes there are clues in terms of being able to see some of the places in which transactions are happening... but sometimes, it can be difficult to figure out where the demand is and if it might be Over the counter(OTC) which largely means off exchanges and behind the scenes rather than in places that are measurable.

You might be talking your book when you are talking about the "inevitable" dip.  And, yeah, no problem waiting for a dip, but hopefully you are prepared for the fact that a dip might not happen to meet your satisfaction.  In other words, frequently it is preferable to prepare for both UP and down, and if you end up getting your prediction (or anticipation) wrong then at least you are sufficiently prepared to ride out the BTC price when it goes opposite the direction that you had most expected.  These preparations for both directions are ongoing issues in bitcoin, even though sure traders play those directional anticpations in BIG ways, and that's why an overwhelming majority of traders cannot beat a straight forward DCA approach, especially if we might look a trader in bitcoin and over a cycle or two..

You've already had a million and one opportunity to buy during correction, so why wait now? You think next correction would be any different from correction we had before? Come one man, dont be so greedy. Take some of your holding and make a test purchase. You wont lose much, and would have tested the market. Who knows, maybe today is the best time to jump in and you would thank me in half a year.

That's part of the problem with fucking around with trying to wait for downity or something like that.  The guys waiting for downity will sometimes end up getting caught in a kind of loop of psychological trauma because if the price keeps moving up they may well end up getting more and more bitter about their situation of having had not sufficiently prepared by betting too much in a direction that may or may not end up happening, especially if they might have had played their hand too BIGgedly.. .and then as the price keeps moving up..  .just like it is 50% up from the low from 2 months ago, they believe that this is not a good time to buy (and they are probably right), but they either should have been buying all along or they should not have been fucking around with either trading or refusing to buy with too BIG of plays.

One of the main solutions is to have an ongoing buying practice so that there would not be any need to buy on the way up, unless it is merely part of a DCA plan... rather than an attempt to chase the price (no body wants to be in a position of chasing the price, but what are we going to do if the BTC price keeps moving up but we continue to fail/refuse to buy and at the same time we had failed/refused to stock up sufficiently on dee cornz.

Your suggestion for aoluain to buy on the way up might not really work so well because it could well be the case that aoluain had already gotten himself into a pretty BIG pickle (a bad situation by either failing/refusing to buy or selling too much too soon - ie. trading)...

And, yeah the point about having a lot of opportunties, there has been a little more than a year and a half in which the BTC price has been quite a bit lower than current prices. and yeah, especially we had a lot of opportunties in the low $20ks and even below $20k for right around 7 months mostly in late 2022.

Another thing is that aoluain has been in bitcoin since early 2017.. which is another reason that he should have had been able to stock up on quite a few cheap cornz, even though sometimes it can take a while for guys to figure out that stacking up is the key, but even from late 2018 there were a lot of opportunities to buy BTC for quite a bit less than $10k, but there also were quite a few times of pretty scary price moves that could have had caused confusion for those who are trying to play the waves rather than mostly accumulating.

Let's look.  A guy buying $100 per week of BTC since the beginning of 2017 until now would have had investedd right around $36k, and would have accumulated right around 5.3125 BTC (with a current market price of nearly $200k - which would be right around a 5.5x appreciation in the amount invested), and that surely would not be a bad place to be.

You are correct Litzki1990 in pointing out how so many members seem to get caught up in wrong ideas about the various ways that rich people are advantaged over poor people, and sure, rich people likely have more disposable income, but it surely does not mean that the rich people are going to end up taking advantage of opportunities to invest into bitcoin, and it could well end up happening that many poor people are able to surpass the advantages of rich people merely because they both know about bitcoin and they consistently invest into bitcoin.
Just as a rich person does not take time to become poor, so a poor person does not take time to become rich. Changing the position of people is only a matter of time. There are many poor people who have changed their fortunes by investing. 

Your profit or loss will not depend on how much money you have, but your profit or loss will depend on how much knowledge you have to invest. 
If a rich person invests a large amount of money in the wrong place and if he does not get a return due to the large amount of money invested in the wrong place, he will lose only a part of his total money, thereby reducing his wealth. 
On the other hand, a poor person who invests in the right place and holds his investment for a certain period of time, but that poor person can increase his money by investing. That is, a rich person's money goes down due to investing in the wrong place and a poor person's money goes up due to investing in the right place. How much money you have is not important but what matters is whether you are using your money properly. Investing in Bitcoin is investing in the right place, and investing in the right place can transform an investor's position if deeply held. 

When I started investing I was not financially sound but my full focus was on my investments. I was committed to hold my investment for long term and I have continued to do so till now and that is why I am getting the success I expected due to my holding this investment for long term.

I doubt that it is a very helpful practice to compare a rich person investing in the wrong place and a poor person investing in the right place, and yeah, sure, that happens, but it is just not very realistic to boil it down to something like that, even though I get your point that if a poor person puts effort into making sure that he is invested in the right place, then he will have advantages over rich people and also that bitcoin is the right place to invest, and I agree with that too.. but at the same time, we are not going to really know if some place happens to be the right place or the wrong place, and that is part of the reason that we need to allocate our investment in such a way that we are not using money that we need in the short-to-medium term and that we can take the chance that either the investment will go to zero or at least that we may well not be able (or want to) access the invested money for 10-20 years or longer - whatever our investment timeline might happen to be.. of course, frequently we end up speaking here about investment timelines needing to be at least one cycle - so at least 4 years, yet many of us have likely already come to appreciate that there are several likely compounding advantages that might well end up coming if we are able to let our BTC investment ride a couple of cycles or more...

and sure I am a big talker, but so far, I have ONLY been through 2.5 cycles, and we cannot really know with any high level of conviction what might happen in the upcoming cycles as compared to the past, even though there are some expectations that some of the upside  may well have had good chances of not being as great, but I surely consider bitcoin's addressable market to likely be close to if not north of $1 quadrillion dollars, which makes bitcoin right around 2,000x of todays price.. but at the same time, it could take 50 to 200 years for something like that to end up playing out.. so many of us have way shorter investing cycles that might well be 4 years to 40 years.. depending where we are at and our age... so yeah, there could be some folks in their teens and/or early 20s who are just getting started in bitcoin and may well have the potential for a longer than 40 year investment cycle, even though there could be some hope that they might not have to continue to work until they are 60 or older if they invest well while they are young then maybe they could expect to get to fuck you status right around in their 40s.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
rachael9385

Activity: 448
Merit: 300

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 05:42:39 PM

You are correct because there are no reasons to wait for the dip because a lot of weeks or months might pass and Bitcoin might not dip and one can use the money he/she was planning to buy the dip when it dipped to do something else. Most times when Bitcoin dips, those that are waiting for the dip might not even have the money to buy it anymore, rather than waiting till they have the money, but nevertheless, the dip will not wait for such a person, because Bitcoin has a destination that it is heading to, so the best strategy is DCA and not waiting for the dip.
To those of us who say we are waiting for opportunities to invest, I want to say that we are missing opportunities every moment. We take it one day at a time and miss one opportunity at a time. We will actually think that this is the best time to invest at what point is the price of Bitcoin? Those who wait for time and don't invest may not know themselves which is the best time to invest. I'm sure those who are biding their time are waiting for the bitcoin market to reach $30k ie they will invest when the bitcoin price reaches $30k. They only think that they will invest 30000 dollars, but when the market comes to 30000 dollars, they will wait for it to come down a little more. If the market goes down again, they will come down a little more, so they can't invest. 

We have seen the Bitcoin market hovering at $35,000 for a few days, but those who were planning to buy dips would have seen something positive at the beginning of their investment if they had invested in Bitcoin when it was at $35,000.

Perhaps the market is now at 38 thousand dollars, those who are new investors and plan to hold for a long time will not be impatient, you can invest from 38 thousand dollars if you want. Two to three thousand dollars isn't much of a difference to the amount of profit you're likely to make on your investment if you invest now and hold it for a long time. Invest now and try to hold onto that investment deeply. Overcoming hundreds of hurdles, when you keep this investment for a long time, you will not regret but will be much more excited about your investment.

It is a bit crazy and ridiculous that you are talking in terms of buying a whole bitcoin, when the overwhelming majority of the world's population and those who are able to get into bitcoin are not going to be able to buy a whole bitcoin at one time, and so you are talking about real minority (and even elite kinds of scenarios), and even people who might decide to invest $10k in bitcoin might well not do it in one lump sum.. but instead spread the buys out over a week or two. 
However, Bitcoin newbie can't buy a whole Bitcoin just when they want to start, even if they do it is not going to be at one time but multiple times (×10 ×20), it might even take some of them UpTo 8 months, 1 Year or more.
For instance, many people from my region can't buy a whole Bitcoin (1 BTC) just in one time, it is not because they done have the money to buy it but because they are new to it and some of them can't just believe BTC to the extent of using about 41 million naira to buy Bitcoin when they are not well educated.
Yeah, there are some folks who have that amount of capital, or even 100s of thousands of dollars in their investment portfolio, and they may well be willing to allocate the quantity of a whole bitcoin at once, but still seems like a pretty small minority of people and likely NOT the kinds of people coming to this thread as newbie bitcoiners...
Yes it is true.. some Bitcoin newbies have the money but still most of them can't afford such risk.
Sure you have some decent points, but you are still framing the whole hypothetical in kind of dumb-ass ways. .including a kind of presumption that there is a necessity of getting a whole coin or a whole coin at once.  Yeah, some people are dumb like that (and maybe quite a few people who do not know about bitcoin are thinking in those kinds of terms) , but there is no need to be enforcing those kinds of dumb ideas, even if a lot of people think about them and even don't really realize the power of the satoshi... which likely just means ongoingly cheaper sats for those of us who better understand ideas of divisibility.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 06:00:07 PM
Merited by Dickiy (1)

You are correct because there are no reasons to wait for the dip because a lot of weeks or months might pass and Bitcoin might not dip and one can use the money he/she was planning to buy the dip when it dipped to do something else. Most times when Bitcoin dips, those that are waiting for the dip might not even have the money to buy it anymore, rather than waiting till they have the money, but nevertheless, the dip will not wait for such a person, because Bitcoin has a destination that it is heading to, so the best strategy is DCA and not waiting for the dip.
To those of us who say we are waiting for opportunities to invest, I want to say that we are missing opportunities every moment. We take it one day at a time and miss one opportunity at a time. We will actually think that this is the best time to invest at what point is the price of Bitcoin? Those who wait for time and don't invest may not know themselves which is the best time to invest. I'm sure those who are biding their time are waiting for the bitcoin market to reach $30k ie they will invest when the bitcoin price reaches $30k. They only think that they will invest 30000 dollars, but when the market comes to 30000 dollars, they will wait for it to come down a little more. If the market goes down again, they will come down a little more, so they can't invest. 

We have seen the Bitcoin market hovering at $35,000 for a few days, but those who were planning to buy dips would have seen something positive at the beginning of their investment if they had invested in Bitcoin when it was at $35,000.

Perhaps the market is now at 38 thousand dollars, those who are new investors and plan to hold for a long time will not be impatient, you can invest from 38 thousand dollars if you want. Two to three thousand dollars isn't much of a difference to the amount of profit you're likely to make on your investment if you invest now and hold it for a long time. Invest now and try to hold onto that investment deeply. Overcoming hundreds of hurdles, when you keep this investment for a long time, you will not regret but will be much more excited about your investment.
It is a bit crazy and ridiculous that you are talking in terms of buying a whole bitcoin, when the overwhelming majority of the world's population and those who are able to get into bitcoin are not going to be able to buy a whole bitcoin at one time, and so you are talking about real minority (and even elite kinds of scenarios), and even people who might decide to invest $10k in bitcoin might well not do it in one lump sum.. but instead spread the buys out over a week or two. 
However, Bitcoin newbie can't buy a whole Bitcoin just when they want to start, even if they do it is not going to be at one time but multiple times (×10 ×20), it might even take some of them UpTo 8 months, 1 Year or more.
For instance, many people from my region can't buy a whole Bitcoin (1 BTC) just in one time, it is not because they done have the money to buy it but because they are new to it and some of them can't just believe BTC to the extent of using about 41 million naira to buy Bitcoin when they are not well educated.

You don't seem to be saying anything different than me in terms the unlikelihood that someone would buy a whole BTC at once, and even an aggressive DCA strategy in the ballpark of $100 per week is going to take 6 years just to invest up to $31k, so it may well not even be fast enough to get 1 BTC in 10 years at that $100 per week level of DCA...

But yeah there are some people who can be more aggressive than that.. but usually not regular folks.

Level of financial wealth is one thing and level of education is another, and they are not always correlated, so there could be ways that someone is not very well educated and has a lot of wealth or someone without a lot of wealthy who is well educated, and so if we are talking about the topic of bitcoin then the kind of education that is needed might be about personal financial management which can be gotten through experience rather than formal education, but sometimes formal education does help people to be able to learn how to learn because if someone is lacking in structure or learning how to learn, they might not have good ways of structuring their learning or even building good habits around what to learn and then how to reinforce it or to put the learnings to practice in order to potentially experience more learnings by putting the learnings into practice.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 09:19:37 PM

You don't seem to be saying anything different than me in terms the unlikelihood that someone would buy a whole BTC at once, and even an aggressive DCA strategy in the ballpark of $100 per week is going to take 6 years just to invest up to $31k, so it may well not even be fast enough to get 1 BTC in 10 years at that $100 per week level of DCA...

But yeah there are some people who can be more aggressive than that.. but usually not regular folks.
Sometimes $100 a week is too heavy for the regular person and even more so if they live in a country that has lower wages compared to other countries. Moreover, for those who are young and don't have a permanent job, of course they might not be too focused on investing $100 every week in Bitcoin. But time is not a problem in long-term investing because time passes so quickly and the $10 or $20 they invest regularly will not feel they can reach 1 BTC someday.

I think in long term investments we don't have to check price to stabilize our purchases, I mean the price today will be different in the next day. So buying regularly and not caring about the price will give you the perception of accumulating Bitcoin regardless of the current Bitcoin price. We only focus on 0.1 0.2 and so on until we reach 1 BTC in our last stage. 10 years or 20 years is quite a long time if you imagine it, but if we take it easy in investing, of course time will pass very quickly.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 10:36:10 PM

Sometimes $100 a week is too heavy for the regular person and even more so if they live in a country that has lower wages compared to other countries. Moreover, for those who are young and don't have a permanent job, of course they might not be too focused on investing $100 every week in Bitcoin. But time is not a problem in long-term investing because time passes so quickly and the $10 or $20 they invest regularly will not feel they can reach 1 BTC someday.
Yeah that's true because in times of investment is better accumulating with the little amount you can afford on a regular basis than investing or accumulating using a higher amount that could possibly affect the investors financial strength.

And one of the things that should also be considered in times of accumulation is being able to adjust the accumulation process if the need arise, perhaps while accumulating using a specific amount if in some time in the future you have a lot of cash flow coming from different source you could then adjust your accumulation amount more higher.

Fara Chan

Activity: 1302
Merit: 516

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 11:00:03 PM
Merited by ginsan (1)

The next ATH is actually not that far away if we compare it to the last ATH that occurred on Bitcoin. Now let's take a very small example of the next ATH range which is more logical and also more probable, which was at $70K and now the price is almost close to $40K. So it can be concluded that now we are almost approaching half of the ATH that previously occurred in Bitcoin.

For those who like to focus on long-term investment patterns, I don't think there is a need to focus on discount prices in the short term except to continue buying at discount prices for more profits in the future. Because investors who apply long-term investment patterns more often hold Bitcoin for the long term than people who focus on the short term.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Jaycoinz

Activity: 308
Merit: 152

God is All

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2023, 11:15:58 PM

If we invest in crypto of course we will choose Bitcoin as the investment we choose because it is very leveraged that we can get profits from Bitcoin if we can collect it with the strategy we choose, choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.
Many investors still prefer alts instead of Bitcoin because of the possibility to gain huge in a short period (especially if you invest on the current hype like meme coins) that's what they thought. But not realizing that investing solely to Bitcoin is way safer and less risky. It might take time to gain but at least it's much wiser compared to investing in altcoins.

Therefore, buy Bitcoin and keep holding because it's the best choice.
From my readings and learning here, I have come to notice that altcoins are not particularly people option when it comes to an investment and this from an angle is true but many other people in the crypto space seem to think diversifying your portfolio during bull season is probably the best type of investment especially when some altcoins too tend to follow the upward trend of Bitcoin although I come to the understanding that in order to do this, it has to be in done in a short term investment because altcoins do tend to dump at any time but that doesn't remove the fact they are still possiblity of some investor getting some profits out of an investment in some altcoins although there's still the problem of actually knowing the right one to invest in, but I would like to know your take on this thought, sir JayJuanGee as you seem to be well inclined in field of economical statistics like investment in Bitcoin.

Although I don't to think am ready to take such risk with having an investment in some shitcoins as some do call it here and I believe my planning to holding my coins would solely be related to Bitcoin only, but for now that the finance isn't there am not in any hurry to make an investment as I have also learnt that one should actually invest what they know won't affect their activities with money concerning their basic needs, so am drafting a good plan to my DCA STRATEGY as soon as possible since the market is looking friendly, I believe I don't need to wait for the DIP to comes because there's no certainty on when that will occur again so starting now isn't actually a bad idea right?.

Winterfrost

Activity: 586
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 11:28:35 PM

Level of financial wealth is one thing and level of education is another, and they are not always correlated, so there could be ways that someone is not very well educated and has a lot of wealth or someone without a lot of wealthy who is well educated, and so if we are talking about the topic of bitcoin then the kind of education that is needed might be about personal financial management which can be gotten through experience rather than formal education, but sometimes formal education does help people to be able to learn how to learn because if someone is lacking in structure or learning how to learn, they might not have good ways of structuring their learning or even building good habits around what to learn and then how to reinforce it or to put the learnings to practice in order to potentially experience more learnings by putting the learnings into practice.
A well detailed explanation you have done well JJG. But on the other side of the spectrum there are people that were early adopters with no financial wealth or level of education and got bitcoin for less than $0.1. But most of them sold at $1 because it surely can't go higher than that and some were lucky to sell during the previous bull run. Those people lost a loot by selling. I can totally understand that those persons lack the knowledge and advantages of holding long. Everybody has their own experiences which might influence their life one way or the other.

IMO you financial wealth and formal education is not really important to an investor. I see it as plus and something that could be achieved as time goes by.

Zigabel

Activity: 252
Merit: 152

Duelbits.com

View Profile
November 11, 2023, 12:17:51 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

For those who like to focus on long-term investment patterns, I don't think there is a need to focus on discount prices in the short term except to continue buying at discount prices for more profits in the future. Because investors who apply long-term investment patterns more often hold Bitcoin for the long term than people who focus on the short term.
Long term investment in Bitcoin would require you buy lowered or cheeper and hodl for a long term which may Spam across years in some cases before you take profit, and that's why discount prices can't be over looked regardless of the timing. Discounting is good for both long and short term as either ways still turns out profitable able except the short term is below months then space of days or weeks sometime wouldn't be effective enough to yield good profits.

Litzki1990

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2023, 12:52:07 AM

Long term investment in Bitcoin would require you buy lowered or cheeper and hodl for a long term which may Spam across years in some cases before you take profit, and that's why discount prices can't be over looked regardless of the timing. Discounting is good for both long and short term as either ways still turns out profitable able except the short term is below months then space of days or weeks sometime wouldn't be effective enough to yield good profits.
All types of investment are good but if the investment is planned to be held for a long time I think the right decision like that cannot be the second one. One thing we who believe in short term investment should understand is that when you invest in short term plan you will sell your investment after short term and after selling you will invest again. Since once you buy an investment and sell it and sell it and buy it again, why can't you hold your investment for a long time? If it was the case that once you invest in bitcoins and get some profit from that investment you won't invest in bitcoins again then I wouldn't tell you anything about holding the investment for a long time. But since you are selling one investment and then making another investment, I think as an investor you should hold your investment for a long time. 

Hold is Gold It's true, and I believe it deeply. A search will find many such investors who have held their investments even before 2017. There's also plenty of fun in holding your own investments. As long as you hold your investment, you will have a different incentive and you can at least think that this investment will change your position at some point. 

The market is in a very good condition now so if we can be patient with this condition of the market then I believe the market will take us to a better condition.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Out of mind

Activity: 448
Merit: 218

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
November 11, 2023, 03:32:32 AM

Now if you plan to invest then you must watch the market position. And if you are planning for long term investment then you should not see how much Bitcoin price increase in the market. When planning to invest for the long term, you must first eliminate the idea of buying when the market goes down. The current position of the market is that we can say the highest ATH of this year, BTC has the potential to increase further by the end of the year. It is not possible to say for sure which way the market will move in the current pattern of Bitcoin. But it's probably more likely to go higher than most people predicted. But it is never possible to make that much profit by short term investment, so it is best to plan for long term investment it will be profitable.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2023, 04:13:00 AM

Sometimes $100 a week is too heavy for the regular person and even more so if they live in a country that has lower wages compared to other countries.

You are not really making any point that I had not already made, including that frequently we are bouncing between ideas of $10 per week and $100 per week as mere guides for what normal people might be able to afford, and of course if you are ONLY making $300 to $500 per month, then you likely more on the $10 per week side of the scale rather than someone who might be making a couple thousand per month might be more able to afford $100 per week, but even if a person can afford whatever level that they choose to afford, they likely still need to make sure the rest of their cashflow is in place if they want to be somewhat aggressive in their savings/investment rate as compared to their budget, and yeah for someone making $300 to $500 per month, $10 per week might already be aggressive and might not even work if the person does not have a decently good handle on his/her cashflow including having an emergency fund.

The other point that I was making is that even if a person might be able to invest $100 per week  (the higher end of the "normal person" range), it could still take such person 10 years or more to get towards the accumulation of 1 whole bitcoin, depending on what the BTC price does from here on out and in the next 10 years - which bitcoin's price in the coming 10 years surely is a bit of an unknown, even though many of us expect BTC prices to continue to go up and even to go up faster than the rate of inflation, which is part of the rational behind sound money and bitcoin serving as a good investment relative to other possible assets that might be considered as possible competitors or at least alternative possible investments.

Moreover, for those who are young and don't have a permanent job, of course they might not be too focused on investing $100 every week in Bitcoin. But time is not a problem in long-term investing because time passes so quickly and the $10 or $20 they invest regularly will not feel they can reach 1 BTC someday.

Well yeah, the odds do not seem to be very high that they will be able to reach a whole bitcoin in their lifetime at that rate, even in 40 to 50 years, but who knows, and who the fuck needs to reach a whole bitcoin anyhow?  that was another one of my points regarding the supposed need to reach 1 bitcoin if someone might have a budget that is allowing ONLY less than the accumulation of less than $100 per week of bitcoin, and they still may well be able to profit stupendously from bitcoin from their mere investment into bitcoin, whatever happens to be their sustainable rate and even if they may or may not end up getting to fuck you status.. but surely the amount that is needed for fuck you status will also vary from region to region and person to person in terms of whether they feel that they need (in today's dollars) $200k (which is around $666 per month in passive income), $1million(which is around $3,333 per month in passive income), $2 million or some other amount (which is around $6,666 per month in passive income).

I think in long term investments we don't have to check price to stabilize our purchases, I mean the price today will be different in the next day. So buying regularly and not caring about the price will give you the perception of accumulating Bitcoin regardless of the current Bitcoin price. We only focus on 0.1 0.2 and so on until we reach 1 BTC in our last stage. 10 years or 20 years is quite a long time if you imagine it, but if we take it easy in investing, of course time will pass very quickly.

Frequently people, who invest/save, invest/save over 30, 40 or 50 years before the might stop working, but if Bitcoin is able to help them to short cut their working progress, then it has helped them to achieve meaningful goals, and sometimes actually being able to stop working is a pretty BIG achievement, even if someone might reach 60 years or older by the time it is achieved, so any years that are further shaved off of the need to work or even being able to choose types of work (more leisure work rather than difficult work) may well be considered as another kind of benefits that could come through bitcoin, even though surely not guaranteed to be able to accomplish such and/or not screwing it up somewhere along the way.

If we invest in crypto of course we will choose Bitcoin as the investment we choose because it is very leveraged that we can get profits from Bitcoin if we can collect it with the strategy we choose, choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.
Many investors still prefer alts instead of Bitcoin because of the possibility to gain huge in a short period (especially if you invest on the current hype like meme coins) that's what they thought. But not realizing that investing solely to Bitcoin is way safer and less risky. It might take time to gain but at least it's much wiser compared to investing in altcoins.

Therefore, buy Bitcoin and keep holding because it's the best choice.
From my readings and learning here, I have come to notice that altcoins are not particularly people option when it comes to an investment and this from an angle is true but many other people in the crypto space seem to think diversifying your portfolio during bull season is probably the best type of investment especially when some altcoins too tend to follow the upward trend of Bitcoin although I come to the understanding that in order to do this, it has to be in done in a short term investment because altcoins do tend to dump at any time but that doesn't remove the fact they are still possiblity of some investor getting some profits out of an investment in some altcoins although there's still the problem of actually knowing the right one to invest in, but I would like to know your take on this thought, sir JayJuanGee as you seem to be well inclined in field of economical statistics like investment in Bitcoin.

We have already talked quite a bit about this topic in this thread, and probably too much in this thread since first of all the topic of shitcoins is not on topic in this thread.

Another thing that I frequently say is don't be fucking around with shitcoins.  Get your bitcoin investment plan and practice in place first, and then if for some reason you are a gambling fuck and cannot resist wasting your time, money and energies in shitcoins, then hopefully you are not so dumb as to invest any more than 10% of your total crypto portfolio (meaning bitcoin is at least 90% of that) on shitcoins.

Regarding your point about correlation, yeah of course, shitcoins are correlated to bitcoin, so why are you going to waste your time adding extra risk when they are already correlated to bitcoin.. the reason is that you are either a greedy fuck or that you do not sufficiently understand bitcoin.

In the end, do what you want. No one is going to stop you from wasting, time, energy and money to fuck around with shitcoins, but hopefully you at least have enough will power to stop at no more than 10% of your total crypto size, and yeah of course you are going to feel that it is not enough because there are thousands of worthless shitcoins that make it appear that they are worthy of investment for one reason or another.. but largely just bullshit... even if some of them may well have short periods of outperforming bitcoin and sometimes their outperformance of bitcoin might last a long time, but I doubt that the possibility that they might be able to outperform bitcoin is a strong enough reason to waste time, money and energy ojn them... especially if you actually account for both upside potentials and dowside risks.

Again, do what you like.  And the mere fact that you are asking about them, in this thread, while presuming that you are asking something important, shows that you are either likely already distracted or that you are trolling the thread with disingenuine off-topic bullshit.

Although I don't to think am ready to take such risk with having an investment in some shitcoins as some do call it here and I believe my planning to holding my coins would solely be related to Bitcoin only, but for now that the finance isn't there am not in any hurry to make an investment as I have also learnt that one should actually invest what they know won't affect their activities with money concerning their basic needs, so am drafting a good plan to my DCA STRATEGY as soon as possible since the market is looking friendly, I believe I don't need to wait for the DIP to comes because there's no certainty on when that will occur again so starting now isn't actually a bad idea right?.

From this part of your post, it appears you understand not to fuck around with shitcoins, but you are still wondering about it.  I would think that if you invest in bitcoin for 3-5 years or longer, and you get your shit together in regards to your bitcoin strategy, then you will likely be in a better to reassess the extent to which you might want to add shitcoins to your investment portfolio... and probably even if you spent several years investing into bitcoin and you do decide to add some shitcoins,. you will likely come to realize to keep your investment into shitcoins down to a pretty small amount, otherwise you may well end up either drawing from your bitcoin investment, diluting your bitcoin investment and/or finding that there are quite a few ways to be creative with your bitcoin without having to devolve into fucking around with shitcoins.

[edited out]
A well detailed explanation you have done well JJG. But on the other side of the spectrum there are people that were early adopters with no financial wealth or level of education and got bitcoin for less than $0.1. But most of them sold at $1 because it surely can't go higher than that and some were lucky to sell during the previous bull run. Those people lost a loot by selling. I can totally understand that those persons lack the knowledge and advantages of holding long. Everybody has their own experiences which might influence their life one way or the other.

Of course, there are going to be quite a few examples of people who got into bitcoin early and sold way too many too soon, and so I am not sure exactly what we can learn from them, except maybe to try NOT to make similar kinds of mistakes (especially if we can recognize the mistakes).  Frequently, there are going to be ways that we actually have to apply our learnings in very concrete kinds of action ways and even go through some of the waves of the cycle in order to feel some of the compelling aspects of employing various strategies through such waves, whether it might be some variation of ongoing buying, or maybe some shaving off of some BTC holdings at various points (hopefully not selling all of them), and if we try to learn from our mistakes, we also likely will learn about ourselves, including seeing that sometimes we might have tendencies to make similar kinds of mistakes over and over, and we might not exactly know how to resolve our own mistakes without actually employing actions and various kinds of ongoing reflections regarding what we did and what were the effects of our actions.

IMO you financial wealth and formal education is not really important to an investor. I see it as plus and something that could be achieved as time goes by.

Experience does tend to be a good teacher, but sometimes formal education does help us to learn how to learn... and sometimes we might not even realize that some of the things that we had not been learning through formal education might have been a result of our not figuring out how to try to put some of the training into action or to figure out its relevance in our lives and/or in connection with some topic that might be of interest to us.

Frequently we are going to need several cycles in something like bitcoin in order to hopefully experience the exponential aspects of the compounding effects, and sure some folks might be completely happy with 50% profits or even 3x to 5x profits, but sometimes with a bit of patience the 3x to 5x may well end up turning into 20x or more.. but those kinds of compoundings do not necessarily happen within one cycle and may take several cycles to play out.

MusaPk

Activity: 644
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2023, 05:05:25 AM

Make investment a habit rather then waiting for right time and huge money. Even if you have 10$ spare then start investing with it. Of course we can increase it with time, as with time our earnings are suppose to increased. If you can invest 100$ per week then it's ideal but if you can't invest 100$ per week then invest as much as you have in bitcoin.
There are people who invested small money in Bitcoin and finds that it has increased enormously over a period of time,Man buys $27 of bitcoin, forgets about them, finds they’re now worth $886k.
There is clear evidence available that price of bitcoin goes up with time. So invest for long term if you want a good return on your investment.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 11, 2023, 08:08:58 AM

you must first eliminate the idea of buying when the market goes down.

This isn't contradicting the idea of this thread and the basic principle of being successful as an investor.

Or did I get your point in the wrong way?

Bitcoin may go down in the coming days which I agree with but as per my analysis we are still 1/4th range of its next ATH and we can expect the next ATH in a year so this is the best time if people want to buy Bitcoin waiting for the further correction maybe tricky in my opinion.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Litzki1990

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2023, 08:59:26 AM

you must first eliminate the idea of buying when the market goes down.

This isn't contradicting the idea of this thread and the basic principle of being successful as an investor.

Or did I get your point in the wrong way?

Bitcoin may go down in the coming days which I agree with but as per my analysis we are still 1/4th range of its next ATH and we can expect the next ATH in a year so this is the best time if people want to buy Bitcoin waiting for the further correction maybe tricky in my opinion.
Not only can the price of Bitcoin go down in the future, but the price of Bitcoin can go up a lot in the future. But no one has control over the market so you can't say with certainty that the price of Bitcoin will decrease in the future.  

You think now is the best time to invest in Bitcoin but every time is the best to invest in Bitcoin. You might think now is the best time to invest because the market is positive and the market is bullish, but if you consider the times when the price of Bitcoin was down, you will agree that the past was the best time to invest. Don't always wait for an opportunity to invest in Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin is going down.  Sometimes we don't know what we want, when the price of Bitcoin goes up positively, we think that since the market is going up, it can go down from here. Again when the price of Bitcoin comes down a lot, we think the market will go down further and should not invest now. If we think like this, we will never invest.  

Someone who has enough knowledge about investing and who can accept risk in investing will never think that now the price of bitcoin is increasing, after some time the market will come down or that now the price of bitcoin is decreasing, from this position, bitcoin can go down further.  

Most investors plan to hold their investment for a long period of time, I don't think a small change in the price of Bitcoin will have much of a negative impact on an investor's investment. By investing with the risk of investment we only have to wait for the future, without thinking so much if we can wait for the future then long term investment always gives an investor something good.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 409 »
  Print  

Jump to: