Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:09:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 407 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77730 times)
ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
November 28, 2023, 09:45:45 PM

Inasmuch as bitcoin is concerned at this particular time, there is no need waiting for it to dip before buying and hodling. At this time what a good investor can to is to keeping buying bitcoin now irrespective of the fluctuations in the price of stocks in the market as bitcoin price may not dip lesser than this till the bull run begins. This is more reason why the DCA method is applicable at this material time as it will help an investor to be investing the same amount at difference period not withstanding the state of the price at that particular time.

Often times the problems we encounter while investing is impatient and fear of losing if peradventure the price of bitcoin dips after we've bought bitcoin and again due to this fear most time make investors to sell off their bitcoin earlier than it ought to have stayed. Investing in bitcoin requires patient to wait for a very long time before the investment can be matured for trading so in situation where an investor isn't patient enough to monitor the activities of stocks in the market it might actually lead to incurring losses.
Talking about prices, of course prices will fall unexpectedly and prices will rise unexpectedly. So in investing you need a lot of precise judgment to take advantage of the multilevel accumulation point when you have the opportunity to do so. I have studied the Lump Sum strategy, buy and hold and also act aggressively when the market situation turns red. As for all of that, in fact you have to be able to divide the funds you have into several stages to be able to take advantage of the market situation. Long term planning does require patience, sometimes we can buy aggressively or we can buy with DCA.

In that context, I believe people will accumulate Bitcoin when the market is down and they will buy aggressively at that time.  That's quite a good thing if you have a bigger budget. But as beginners, maybe we will start investing with varying levels of our financial strength to our goals in 1 year or 2 years. Patience is the key and playing buying and selling and buying and holding tactics is up to each individual.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sim_card

Activity: 434
Merit: 373

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2023, 10:37:48 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

You might be right, but sometimes the "retracement" does not end up coming, and so maybe it is no BIG deal if you were already prepared for UP at the end of September when BTC prices were in the $26ks and $27ks, but then if you  think about it, we have largely had Upwards BTC price moves and no significant and/or meaningful retracement, so far.. and whether such retracement comes or not is not exactly high odds.  Maybe it is 50/50?  And how BIG of a retracement would you like to see?  10% or more?.. 10% only gets you down into the $33ks .. so would that be good?
When we get to a new high that has not been recorded for long time, like we moved from $33k to 38k I would wait for a retracement in the region of $35k before I add to my holding. But if we don't get back to $35k and move from $38k to $42k I would wait for retracement in the region of $39k It has been a strategy I have been using for long and it has been helpful to me. You know we cannot rule out a possible retracement. What I don't like is buy the top of the month.

If what i use here as a technique is good by me alone as from what i can see and it all works for me the better, i only invest using DCA, this helps me getting my portfolio pilling up till i see that I've gotten enough that is so close to the last all time high of $69,000 then i many decided to wait and hold onto the ones I've Invested, waiting for the bullrun to come and i make my profits then also reinvested.

Selling and taking profit during the bull run is not ideal because after selling, you might not be able to buy back at the price that you bought before and this will make you have less bitcoin that the initial amount that you had before selling. Meaning that you don't have a bitcoin target and you are not focus on accumulating bitcoin on a long term investment. Another reason why this strategy is not the best is that you will miss out the compounding interest that your bitcoin investment will accumulate for you if you only keep on accumulating till 10yrs time or more. Try and see your bitcoin investment as your life savings and not for profit alone because nobody knows if at the long run it is your bitcoin investment will be the one to take your to the next level in future because there is high possibility that bitcoin price might keep on increasing with timeline. It is better to save for the future than saving to sell and take profit and buy back again. All bitcoin sold can not be bought back easily because of the change in price towards the upside. It is also a bad idea to sell all your bitcoin investment and hold fiat. What is things didn't work out as you planned it after selling, that is when you will regret your action.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JoyMarsha

Activity: 812
Merit: 351

View Profile
November 28, 2023, 10:40:04 PM

In that context, I believe people will accumulate Bitcoin when the market is down and they will buy aggressively at that time.  That's quite a good thing if you have a bigger budget. But as beginners, maybe we will start investing with varying levels of our financial strength to our goals in 1 year or 2 years. Patience is the key and playing buying and selling and buying and holding tactics is up to each individual.
For sure, people would invest in Bitcoin aggressively when the crypto market is down but are they going to wait until that time comes before they invest, even when we don't know whether the $35k is the limit price bitcoin can fall to before it moves higher in price before the bull run season.
Thank goodness, for I am not among those who want to wait when the market is down before they invest. For me, I am investing the little money I have in a DCA approach

Ladies.de███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LadiesStars
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 169

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 02:33:19 AM

Yes, you can try to figure out which shitcoins are less shitty. 

Seriously  I don't really think it easy to figure how shitty a shit coin can or would be it's just a 50-50 hope of rise to fall even if there's a high tendency for it to appreciate we all know it will get dumped and abandoned forever. Sometimes,  I wonder if this so called shit coins are used for money laundering as there will be  a big pump all of a sudden and all becomes shitty Tongue in just a hour or less.... just saying though . The best choice is to just stay away from it or just consider it as pure gambling, a win good for the winner  Smiley a loss acceptance of fate Cheesy

There is no need to stress ourselves looking for shitcoins that are less shitty because investing in shitcoins is like saving your Bitcoin in a centralized exchange where you don't have access to the private key and you can lose your Bitcoin anytime with a cock and bull story. The best thing to do is to stay away from investing our money in shitcoins so that we will not lose our money, you can use the money you intend to invest in shitcoins and accumulate more Bitcoin and hold for the long term.

Publictalk792

Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 03:23:00 AM

Yes... selling depends on your personal goals, and really if people invest into bitcoin for the long term, such as 4-10 years or even longer, then they can still be advantaged by having value in bitcoin, even if they are not selling it and even if they are going through various drastic ups and downs along the way... So a fairly BIG question might be how much BTC are you trying to accumulate, and if you reach your target and you sell it all, then you weren't really wanting to accumulate bitcoin, but instead you were wanting to accumulate dollars.. so are you in a better place if you sell out of bitcoin and get into dollars, or would you be more likely to be better off if you either completely stay in bitcoin and maybe just sell small amounts from time to time to the extent that you might no longer be in an accumulation mode.   

Some of those selling strategies are going to become more clear as you accumulate BTC, but people do frequently get distracted and they sell too much BTC too soon, and then they have to rethink their whole perspective including that they might have ended up psyching themselves out of having a BTC buying and/or HODLing strategy rather than devolving into trading and gambling kinds of thinking about their stash.
Basically Bitcoin needs plan. And in my point of view anyone has Bitcoin or he is buying with DCA method so I think he should never sell all the Bitcoins at once. He always hold some amount of Bitcoins. And if anyone will believe on Bitcoin and will Hold for 4-10 years or even more so definitely Bitcoin will give benifits of his/her believing.

And selling too much earlier is also the personal decision of anyone. But in my point of view if anyone will sell all Bitcoins to soon so he has less knowledge and he needs to learn more about Bitcoin. And definitely he will regret on his decision if he will sell Bitcoin to soon.

And Accumulation and selling are two opposite words. If anyone thought that he will accumulate Bitcoin and he selling so definitely he is not accumulating.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 04:41:22 AM

You should not send all your money to buy Bitcoin, you need to start with a comfortable amount so that it does not create any inconvenience for you. And even if you wanted to increase the amount you set aside for a purchase, this should not be the last one you have, you should think about the fact that for some reason your investments may become inaccessible to you. What will you do in this case?

Make sure that you always have savings that you can use if necessary, I prefer it to be cash that you will always have access to. Even if you always have access to your investments, this money will be useful to you if some kind of collapse occurs in the market, you will be able to buy more if you want.

Invest only that you can afford easily. Don't made yourself uneasy with your investment capital and go for things like borrowing money. Investment must be for larger duration and you can afford that only if you make things easy for your self. You can reduce or increase investing money based on your income.
I do agree that we must have two type of savings one is for bitcoin that is for long term and second one is for daily life necessities. For second one you can  spare cash or invest in things like buying a health insurance for the family and more. Saving money won't be of any use but investing them for a long duration will definitely increase them.
I only believe in investing in Bitcoin, if I have a Bitcoin investment I don't feel the need to insure it because the longer I hold the Bitcoin investment the more likely it is that I will get a much higher return than I would by holding the money in insurance. I don't really think anything else by investing in Bitcoin because investing in Bitcoin and its long time hold definitely gives an investor everything. While I don't agree with you about having to insure, your point that we can increase our investment if we want to is 100% true. As we hold our investments for a long time, we should think that our investment amount never decreases but that we can increase the amount of investment. 

Investing in Bitcoin is a reliable investment platform so we don't have to worry by investing in this platform. Investing is easy but investment is hard to hold but those who invest in Bitcoin can hold it for long time through hundreds of challenges but they will have the last laugh. Those who have investments must hold your investment and those who are thinking of investing afresh, decide to invest now and plan to hold that investment for a long time.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Richbased

Merit: 161

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 08:33:09 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2023, 11:17:26 AM by Richbased

Selling and taking profit during the bull run is not ideal because after selling, you might not be able to buy back at the price that you bought before and this will make you have less bitcoin that the initial amount that you had before selling. Meaning that you don't have a bitcoin target and you are not focus on accumulating bitcoin on a long term investment. Another reason why this strategy is not the best is that you will miss out the compounding interest that your bitcoin investment will accumulate for you if you only keep on accumulating till 10yrs time or more. Try and see your bitcoin investment as your life savings and not for profit alone because nobody knows if at the long run it is your bitcoin investment will be the one to take your to the next level in future because there is high possibility that bitcoin price might keep on increasing with timeline. It is better to save for the future than saving to sell and take profit and buy back again. All bitcoin sold can not be bought back easily because of the change in price towards the upside. It is also a bad idea to sell all your bitcoin investment and hold fiat. What is things didn't work out as you planned it after selling, that is when you will regret your action.

I don't agree to your assertion that it's not ideal to take off profits within the bull run like what's the essence of investing? Isn't it to make profits? So in a situation whereby an investor have achieved his major aim of investing which is to make profits so after selling off his bitcoins the next for him to do is to pause investing for sometime until the price begins to dip then he can start buying and holdling again till he aquires a reasonable amount or better still he apply the DCA till the price skyrockets again so that's what an experienced investor does.

In trading, making profits is not guaranteed all the time so accumulating for a very long period like 10 years as you stated may not really be an obtainable idea as the future is unpredictable no one knows how the fate of the coin might turn out due to some uncertainty that surrounds the stock coin market. Making accumulation for a very long period of time might even lead to losses because in the quest of hoping that the price will skyrocket then it suddenly starts dipping so it's really not ideal to accumulate for too long as no one can speculate or predict what it's future holds.

Moreno233

Activity: 322
Merit: 180

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 08:49:28 AM

I was having this mindset before, thinking that it was never a good practice to sell Bitcoin. But when I join this discussion, I realized there were actually people that sold around the peak of 2021 bull run and started building back their portfolio during the following bear market even up this moment many of them are still buying. How they got such information about the market cycle and how they developed such level of discipline to follow it is what one need to study. The key point is that, there should be a way of selling that will not harm the entire portfolio especially when you sell not because you want to use the money for other things or waste it away but because you are being strategic and poised to maximizing profits.

On a second thought, selling does not harm Bitcoin all the time because without buying and selling, what is the use of Bitcoin? Indeed, it is through selling and buying that liquidity is created so we should not demonize selling. Just that one should be be able to plan the selling in such a way that it align with your visions and your motivation for investing in Bitcoin in the first place.

Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 09:30:40 AM

You have a point because that has been the challenges most investors normally face because most of them always feel that selling there Bitcoin on a bull Run will give them some sorts of advantage to achieve two things at a time by selling there Bitcoin with the plans of buying back immediately if the price drops down without knowing that it could sometimes be the worst mistake they will ever do because the chances of the price dropping down from the level they sell there Bitcoin may not really be possible were as it could lead them to miss a great opportunity they should have utilized.

So irrespective of the profits an investor should have made on a bull Run shouldn't influence there judgement in times of risking it  because is not worth it, so holding should always be taking note of.

Frankolala

Activity: 700
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 09:38:14 AM

I don't agree to your assertion that it's not ideal to take off profits within the bull run like what's the essence of investing? Isn't it to make profits? So in a situation whereby an investor have achieved his major aim of investing which is to make profits so after selling off his bitcoins the next for him to do is to pause investing for sometime until the price begins to dip then he can start buying and holdling again till he aquires a reasonable amount or better still he apply the DCA till the price skyrockets again so that's what an experienced investor does.
You are not to sell all your bitcoin because you want to take profit and fill that you have arrived. Instead, you should sell part of it, if you have reached your bitcoin target so that you can diversify into another investment like property, stock, bond. Why do you stress yourself to accumulate for a long period of time just because you want to sell all your investment. What if after selling all and you are holding fiat and the price of bitcoin didn't dip to the price that you expected ot means that you will only buy little amount of bitcoin and you should not forget that they more you are waiting for bitcoin price to dip, your fiat currency is depreciating. Why do you want to start from the scratch again by starting as a newbie that just started his bitcoin journey. It means that you didn't realize the potential of bitcoin during your period of accumulation and the compound interest is what makes it more of a better investment than any other investment.

How long do you think that it will take you to build up your new butcoin portfolio that you just started, it might take even double of the years that you used to build the first one because one thing I guess that you have not considered is that for every circle bitcoin dip price is always higher than the new circle and the amount that you used to buy lets say 0.003btc in the first circle will be higher than the amount that you will use to buy 0,003btc in the second circle. There is what id called a maintenance stage as explained by JJG, if you have reached your bitcoin target, you can start maintaining your bitcoin investmnet by limiting buying regularly and buy once a while either by lump sum or you buy at the dip. Umagine that you accumulate 1btc for 10yrs based on your regular DCA approach and you sold off all of it after ten years because you feel that you have reached your bitcoin target, and you fo back to square one and start accumulating again to reach 1btc again. It means that your bitcoin portfolio is not increasing more than one level and wouldn't get tired of accumulating over and over again, mate I must tell you that a time will cime that you will never be able to continue with your accumulation because we don't know some unforeseen challenges that we befall on you and you will also be getting old and this shows that you will never reach that fuck you status that you don't need to work for anyone again but only depending on your bitcoin investment to take care of you in your entire life.

investments should be there for as long as we are leaving so that when we are old and can no longer work, our investment will take care of us and out children. A successful investor don't start deom the scratch if not you will never be successful. If you have reaced your bitcoin target, you can sell like 20% of it and keep 80%, so that as time passes by your compounding profit will also be increasing, than you starting all over again like a newbie. This means that you have nothing to show that you are an OG investor in bitcoin and you will gave little profit like all those beginners.

In trading, making profits is not guaranteed all the time so accumulating for a very long period like 10 years as you stated may not really be an obtainable idea as the future is unpredictable no one knows how the fate of the coin might turn out due to some uncertainty that surrounds the stock market. Making accumulation for a very long period of time might even lead to losses because in the quest of hoping that the price will skyrocket then it suddenly starts dipping so it's really not ideal to accumulate for too long as no one can speculate or predict what it's future holds.
This is where you got it wrong because bitcoin is not stock, so you don't use the stock market to judge bitcoin.  There is a high probability that bitcoin future will be brighter than been dull. It is because no one can predict the future that should also make you not think that selling all your bitcoin and start all over again to invest is the best instead of to keep on hodli and maintaining your bitcoin portfolio by buying once in a while and diversify to other investment. Growth is what matters a lot and not the opposite. There are some mistakes that when you have made it, you will regret it throughout your lifetime because they cannot be corrected.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Agbamoni

Activity: 322
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 10:11:21 AM

What you should understand @Richbased is that the topic has no word of sell. The ideal investment approach hear is to buy the dip and hodl. You can agree with me that the best way to have a fruitful investment in Bitcoin is when you buy and continue to buy more. Taking the advantage of people who wants to sell. We don't talk about selling because selling means holding fiat that could lose value. The odds of selling your Bitcoin aren't good. However, there are various reasons why people invest in Bitcoin that can lead them to some decisions they will make in the future especially when the Bull run comes. I got into Bitcoin with the intention of running away from FIAT so why would i go back into the FIAT market again.

In trading, making profits is not guaranteed all the time so accumulating for a very long period like 10 years as you stated may not really be an obtainable idea as the future is unpredictable no one knows how the fate of the coin might turn out due to some uncertainty that surrounds the stock market. Making accumulation for a very long period of time might even lead to losses because in the quest of hoping that the price will skyrocket then it suddenly starts dipping so it's really not ideal to accumulate for too long as no one can speculate or predict what it's future holds.
There is no point bringing in the stock market into our discussion. This is entirely Bitcoin discussion, fuck the stock market it is centralised and still been controlled by the companies. Stock exchanges, brokers and companies are all heavily regulated through various government agencies. And it should not be a topic of discussion. Funny how you mix things up, trading and stock

However, accumulating and holding Bitcoin for a very long time, for a decade or two is pretty one of the best ways to into Bitcoin. The potential of Bitcoin can be seen only when you hold for long. Short term holders will only get a quick gain and be happy. But there are more in the future that Bitcoin can give, even more than we expected. I just feel so.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Richbased

Merit: 161

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 11:12:25 AM

What you should understand @Richbased is that the topic has no word of sell. The ideal investment approach hear is to buy the dip and hodl. You can agree with me that the best way to have a fruitful investment in Bitcoin is when you buy and continue to buy more. Taking the advantage of people who wants to sell. We don't talk about selling because selling means holding fiat that could lose value. The odds of selling your Bitcoin aren't good. However, there are various reasons why people invest in Bitcoin that can lead them to some decisions they will make in the future especially when the Bull run comes. I got into Bitcoin with the intention of running away from FIAT so why would i go back into the FIAT market again.

There is no point bringing in the stock market into our discussion. This is entirely Bitcoin discussion, fuck the stock market it is centralised and still been controlled by the companies. Stock exchanges, brokers and companies are all heavily regulated through various government agencies. And it should not be a topic of discussion. Funny how you mix things up, trading and stock

Sorry the stock was a keyboard error as I wanted to type coin market rather so pardon me on that as all my interest and concentration are geared towards Bitcoin, definitely fuck stock market and stock exchanges as they all all controlled by fiat of which Bitcoin has come to counter fiat.

However, accumulating and holding Bitcoin for a very long time, for a decade or two is pretty one of the best ways to into Bitcoin. The potential of Bitcoin can be seen only when you hold for long. Short term holders will only get a quick gain and be happy. But there are more in the future that Bitcoin can give, even more than we expected. I just feel so.

I still stand on the ground that when an investor has recorded some reasonable amount of profits then he can sell some of his bitcoins but not necessarily that he must sell all of it because despite the volatility of bitcoins I still believe that it's future is unpredictable as everything we all are saying are mere speculations. So instead of hodling Bitcoin after recording some profits is rather one sell it off and invest on other alternative assets that will yield good profit in the future rather than stagnating the coins in a personal wallet of which it will be of no value if it isn't exchanged or used to perform monetary transactions. A good investor doesn't depends all his earnings on a single project as it requires versatility in other to record obtainable results.

Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 588
Merit: 409

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 01:27:53 PM

Selling and taking profit during the bull run is not ideal because after selling, you might not be able to buy back at the price that you bought before and this will make you have less bitcoin that the initial amount that you had before selling.

Even that said time you would have entered the market could be a late one to other investors because they would have done theirs along time ago, there's a need for us to understand that bitcoin can always serve us the opportunity of an invest each time we think we are ready to invest as long as there's going to be enough time to hold, investing and selling after taking your profit is not a bad idea, as long as you're going to reinvest on bitcoin, what may be also required is for another season of holding, that's why you can enter the market at any time provided that you're willing and able to hodl.

Meaning that you don't have a bitcoin target and you are not focus on accumulating bitcoin on a long term investment.

For the benefit of those that may not be able to hodl for long, they may engage into making trades on a short range intervals, making an investment should be done at ease and will always be profitable as long as we are not rushing to invest or to sell either, we also can make use of any strategy to make the necessary preparation towards the intended duration we want to go through, just to have the best experience when we hodl.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Salahmu

Activity: 406
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 01:29:54 PM

I still stand on the ground that when an investor has recorded some reasonable amount of profits then he can sell some of his bitcoins but not necessarily that he must sell all of it because despite the volatility of bitcoins I still believe that it's future is unpredictable as everything we all are saying are mere speculations. So instead of hodling Bitcoin after recording some profits is rather one sell it off and invest on other alternative assets that will yield good profit in the future rather than stagnating the coins in a personal wallet of which it will be of no value if it isn't exchanged or used to perform monetary transactions. A good investor doesn't depends all his earnings on a single project as it requires versatility in other to record obtainable results.
In as much as you may feel that is good by selling off some of your Bitcoin when the price increases could also affect you negatively because you could hardly know what the next move of Bitcoin could be so however it could happen that at that time you feel is good for you to remove or sell some of your Bitcoin that could be when the price will continue to skyrocket and you will be left with know option but to regret to have sold your Bitcoin.

Because the only investors who sells at every increase in Bitcoin price are mostly those panic investors who are always influenced by the price movement of Bitcoin, so if your intentions are for holding just stick to holding and remove the mindset of selling at every peak of Bitcoin price because holding is the only way through the heart of Bitcoin.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
FinePoine0

Activity: 392
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 01:38:37 PM

You have a point because that has been the challenges most investors normally face because most of them always feel that selling there Bitcoin on a bull Run will give them some sorts of advantage to achieve two things at a time by selling there Bitcoin with the plans of buying back immediately if the price drops down without knowing that it could sometimes be the worst mistake they will ever do because the chances of the price dropping down from the level they sell there Bitcoin may not really be possible were as it could lead them to miss a great opportunity they should have utilized.

So irrespective of the profits an investor should have made on a bull Run shouldn't influence there judgement in times of risking it  because is not worth it, so holding should always be taking note of.

The main goal of long-term investing in Bitcoin is to accumulate Bitcoins. This DCA method is best for many people who want to deposit bitcoins but fail to deposit. And a lot of people sell bitcoins because of the short bullrun, which is a complete mistake, because if I hold bitcoins, I must hold them for a long time, then I can accumulate more asset.

Mayor of ogba

Merit: 169

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 04:14:32 PM

You might be right, but sometimes the "retracement" does not end up coming, and so maybe it is no BIG deal if you were already prepared for UP at the end of September when BTC prices were in the $26ks and $27ks, but then if you  think about it, we have largely had Upwards BTC price moves and no significant and/or meaningful retracement, so far.. and whether such retracement comes or not is not exactly high odds.  Maybe it is 50/50?  And how BIG of a retracement would you like to see?  10% or more?.. 10% only gets you down into the $33ks .. so would that be good?
When we get to a new high that has not been recorded for long time, like we moved from $33k to 38k I would wait for a retracement in the region of $35k before I add to my holding. But if we don't get back to $35k and move from $38k to $42k I would wait for retracement in the region of $39k It has been a strategy I have been using for long and it has been helpful to me. You know we cannot rule out a possible retracement. What I don't like is buy the top of the month.

If what i use here as a technique is good by me alone as from what i can see and it all works for me the better, i only invest using DCA, this helps me getting my portfolio pilling up till i see that I've gotten enough that is so close to the last all time high of $69,000 then i many decided to wait and hold onto the ones I've Invested, waiting for the bullrun to come and i make my profits then also reinvested.

Those people who are selling their Bitcoin and making a profit during the bull run are short-term traders who want to make money by holding Bitcoin for the short term. This strategy might cause them to miss out on accumulating Bitcoin because after they have sold their Bitcoin at a high price they will wait for a retracement on the Bitcoin price before they can buy Bitcoin again, and if there is no Bitcoin price retracement they will miss out on accumulating Bitcoin. It is always better to buy Bitcoin and hold it than to keep money in the bank because the money will lose its purchasing power at the time of use, due to inflation.

Justbillywitt

Activity: 238
Merit: 174

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 04:25:09 PM

Fair enough, but if you are fairly new to bitcoin (as your forum registration date is not even two months), then it can take years and years and years to build your bitcoin position and/or to get your bitcoin stake to a high enough status that you might be able to become less focused on BTC accumulation.

You could end up screwing yourself if you are waiting around too much rather than just buying and letting the chips fall where they will, even if you end up having a higher cost per BTC, but if you plan on staying in BTC for 4-10 years or more than it may end up doing you better to get your mindset correct in terms of buying BTC ongoingly and persistently until you reach a certain stash level..

Buying on dips can surely supplement a DCA strategy, and buying on dips becomes even better of a strategy the loinger that you have been in bitcoin, such if you have been in bitcoin for a whole cycle or a cycle and a half..  Then maybe at some point you might convert to ONLY buying on dips, but in the beginning many folks do not have enough bitcoin, and surely I cannot tell you how much you need.. and sometimes if you are new to bitcoin, you don't realize how many that you need.

Also, if you are just planning on selling after the price doubles or triples, then sure you may well be thinking about your approach to BTC differently as compared with a lot of the members participating in this thread.
I understand what you want to say about how long it could take to get a lot of Bitcoin and how much important to start buying it EARLIER not later.It is true  buying and keep Bitcoin over time can be a good strategy especially if you plan to keep it for many years.

Buy the Bitcoin when go down can also be a GOOD STRATEGY. But when you are just starting and don't have a lot of Bitcoin it is better to focus on buying it REGULARLY instead of waiting for the price to go down.

When we should sell Bitcoin depend on what we want to ACHIEVE and how much risk we can take easily. Some people want to sell it when the price go up like doubles or triples. But Mostly "Hold" tight because they think Bitcoin is the name HODL(or think the word HODL unique for Bitcoin). That is important for everyone to think about their own strategy when it comes to Bitcoin.

Yes... selling depends on your personal goals, and really if people invest into bitcoin for the long term, such as 4-10 years or even longer, then they can still be advantaged by having value in bitcoin, even if they are not selling it and even if they are going through various drastic ups and downs along the way... So a fairly BIG question might be how much BTC are you trying to accumulate, and if you reach your target and you sell it all, then you weren't really wanting to accumulate bitcoin, but instead you were wanting to accumulate dollars.. so are you in a better place if you sell out of bitcoin and get into dollars, or would you be more likely to be better off if you either completely stay in bitcoin and maybe just sell small amounts from time to time to the extent that you might no longer be in an accumulation mode.  

Some of those selling strategies are going to become more clear as you accumulate BTC, but people do frequently get distracted and they sell too much BTC too soon, and then they have to rethink their whole perspective including that they might have ended up psyching themselves out of having a BTC buying and/or HODLing strategy rather than devolving into trading and gambling kinds of thinking about their stash.

What if there is no retracement to $39k? and the price of Bitcoin keeps on gaining, you might miss out on accumulating your Bitcoin because you are waiting for a retracement. I could suggest if you have enough money divide it into three parts that you will use to buy the Bitcoin dip, buy when the Bitcoin price is at peaks, and buy Bitcoin with the DCA strategy, instead of waiting for the Bitcoin price retracement and miss out on holding a Bitcoin. Just as @JayJuanGee mentioned to you if you are staying in BTC for 4-10 years it might end up doing you good because the BTC price will be above your buying price in those years.
You can't say ''what if there is no retracement'', because surely there will always be retracement.

Yeah but what good does it do you if the BTC price goes up to $55k and ONLY ends up retracing back down to $42k?

Sure, your retracement scenarios might play out, but if you are a newbie to investing, you may well be overly prepared for DOWNity, and hardly at all prepared for UPpity.  In that case, you are likely being too smart for your own good... even if you might end up being correct... but then if you are not, then what?

We have witnessed these kinds of BTC UPpity price moves several times in BTC's history, and surely it does not mean that they are guaranteed, just like you are not guaranteed a retracement that is going to be significantly large enough to put you in a place that you should have had been in August and September when BTC spent around 2 months between the upper $24ks and the lower $27ks and people were waiting for further down, and we have not had much retracements since early October, especially for those too greedy in term of their retracement expectations.

Following the law of economics when supply exceeds demand there is bound to be retracement.

We don't have that in bitcoin.

Have you heard of bitcoin?

It is called scarcity.

Because there more willing sellers than willing buyers and even @JayJuanGee knows this.

Yes.. I know that if there are more willing sellers than willing buyers then the price is going to go down, yet that is not really telling us anything to presume that there are more willing sellers in these price zones, when the opposite may well could be the case.  Yeah, none of us really know, and that is why JJG suggest to always prepare for either direction, but to always make sure that you are more prepared for UP than you are for down since we are investing into bitcoin for a reason. .which is that it is amongst the best of assets available for normies around the world to invest into, if not the best.

Bitcoin is not a stablecoin and saying what if there is no retracement doesn't go well.

I doubt anyone is saying that there won't be retracements, but they might not happen at points that you expect.

Sometimes bitcoin goes into punishment mode, and that really sucks for guys who either shorted bitcoin or did not get enough coins.

But you have to live with your own choices in regards to how much you are prepared for either price direction... of course the third option is that we could go flat from here, but that would be pretty rare.. .. but there can be some periods of sticking at the top for a while prior to the retracement, but sometimes the retracement does not come until much later, and then the retracement, even though technically correct, does not really benefit those who should have been buying all along and/or probably should not have shorted.

Yes DCA strategy is very good and I'm not disputing that fact, but what I am saying is I don't accumulate bitcoin due to FOMO because of the knowledge I have gathered on bitcoin investment even though my forum accounts says otherwise.

Well if your forum account says that you have ONLY been here for 2 months, would you like to give us a longer history regarding your BTC accumulation.

On my own personal level I was accumulating bitcoin about three months prior to my forum registration, and I was referred to the forum (specifically to the WO thread) by someone in another bitcoin-related thread in another forum... so I started in bitcoin in late 2013, but I had already had about 20 years in vesting in other kinds of things, so I kind of had a specific agenda, including that I wanted to diversify some aspects of my then holdings away from the dollar.. and so that is part of why bitcoin seemed to make sense for me to establish an investment budget for bitcoin for 6 months, and then at the end of the first 6 months, I extended an investment budget for another 6 months, so maybe I had a year in bitcoin that I was engaged in mostly accumulating BTC and also studying the space and forming my opinions and even tweaking some of my strategies (and my thinking) at various points along the way..

Yes I am into bitcoin as as a long term hodler and I am not disputing the fact that we are yet to see the full potentials in bitcoin investment. So since am going to be around and holding for a long term what's the rush of always buying the top.

right now we are right around 30% above the 200-week moving average, so it is not really seeming to be any kind of meaningful/significant top in terms of attempting to measure BTC value in terms of bitcoin itself rather than getting caught up in potentially irrelevant and/or meaningless technical analysis of bitcoin as if it were a mature asset, when it is not, and from the chart you can see that we are currently at $28,988 which and that we have tended to be quite a bit above the 200-week moving average rather than close to it or even below it (which the last year and a half) might have given you some perverted ideas about where bitcoin is at in terms of its historical tops and bottoms...and also if you don't really understand what bitcoin is or if you might happen to believe that it is some kind of a mature asset class or that it is like other assets. blah blah blah.. you might not get it.

I feel more comfortable buying when there is a 5 to 10% dip in price from high of the week or month.

No problem.

Hopefully you already have enough BTC so that it does not matter to you either way, even if we go up to $55k without a 5% to 10% dip... I personally have no clue if the BTC price will dip or not but my own holdings are prepared for either direction.  if the price goes up I sell and if it goes down I buy.. but if you don't have enough BTC, then you should skip the selling part and only do the buying part, and also don't be concerned about which way the price is going, just buy regularly, and sure maybe hold some extra to buy on dips, but the main thing should be ongoing buying until getting to some kind of a stage that your BTC holdings tell you that you can modify your strategy, and sure if you have been buying for several years and/or you lump summed into bitcoin in the last year and a half, then maybe you already have enough BTC, but from the contents of you posts, it seems that you probably missed out on buying enough in August/September when BTC prices were between $24k and $27k and you have missed the last two months waiting for dips that have not happened, yet.. and now we are above $38k.. so maybe you might get a dip to $39k after the price goes above $42k? or sure, maybe it will dip from here?  I am not going to claim to know much of anything, but I would not be putting too much stock into a buying on dip strategy if I was already in a position of not having enough BTC.. which seems to be your situation.

Attention please give me an ideas about accumulate bitcoin.

I believe with bitcoin price potential in the future will raise to higher price and buy the dip keep hold until for longer time will much profitable as investment or spot trading, but how your ideas if accumulate bitcoin trough future trading long position opening and hold it for longer time until price up. Leverage under x10 and did you think my ideas is crazy or hold it as unusual investment with spot trading. I think will be faster to earn much profit when accumulating bitcoin trough future trading but keep long position, will it profitable due my bitcoin accumulate weekly around $100 and how risk it regarding future trading with leverage under x10.

I am confuse to earn as much possible with holding bitcoin and accumulate on weekly around $100, give me an ideas which one more secure when investing in bitcoin as spot or future trading?

It should be pretty obvious that we are not talking about those kinds of trading, leveraging and futures topics in this thread.  Sure once you have the basics you can add more sophisticated techniques in order that you can lose everything that you worked to gain over the years.  Another thing, just keep those fucking arounds with trading, leverage, futures, shitcoins and other kinds of gambling less than 10% of you bitcoin holdings.. and don't be sloppy with it.. don't be injecting new money into your degenerate gambling after you lose the whole 10% and then take another 10%.. you probably need to have systems in place to punish yourself and to earn back your  losses prior to being authorizing yourself to employ such tools in the future.. but of course that's up to you how you want to do those things, but it should be clear that those strategies are not on topic in this thread.
I have learned so much from you and others who has contributed. I must say I have a great respect for you. It is only a man that is not willing to grow that will not take correction when he/she is going the wrong way. Clearly from your explanations I have now realized that my approach in my bitcoin accumulation was wrong and I have to make adjustment towards and make use of DCA while I continue my bitcoin accumulation.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
SmartGold01

Activity: 686
Merit: 731

Don't joke with my Daughter

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 06:01:45 PM
Merited by BIT-BENDER (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I have learned so much from you and others who has contributed. I must say I have a great respect for you. It is only a man that is not willing to grow that will not take correction when he/she is going the wrong way. Clearly from your explanations I have now realized that my approach in my bitcoin accumulation was wrong and I have to make adjustment towards and make use of DCA while I continue my bitcoin accumulation.

I still think most people don't understand the sole purpose of DCA, You can involved in DCA if you don't have that much funds for instantaneously buying a very large volume of bitcoin, DCA is also play in when you seems not to be too sure about the market maybe price is going low or going high but you don't want to miss any given opportunity because you might be left behind or leave to regret why you bought huge amount of bitcoin without Buying it within some period of space or interval.

Further more, It could be that your money in quest doesn't regularly flows maybe it comes one in a week/Bi-week or monthly it could be in every 3 months to 6 months provided that money is coming along this period you can involved yourself with doing DCA by buying when the money comes and before that you need to have some spare cash at hand whereby you won't keeps reducing the amount of bitcoin you hold and that is in your possession this process can be called the accumulation period or process. So don't know the narration of how people are seeing the DCA strategy maybe there is other things you are seeing and taking this DCA to be.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 10:24:14 PM

[edited out]
Basically Bitcoin needs plan. And in my point of view anyone has Bitcoin or he is buying with DCA method so I think he should never sell all the Bitcoins at once. He always hold some amount of Bitcoins. And if anyone will believe on Bitcoin and will Hold for 4-10 years or even more so definitely Bitcoin will give benifits of his/her believing.

Even if you hold bitcoin for 4-10 years it is not definitive that you are going to profit from investing in bitcoin or holding bitcoin for that amount of time.

Time does not cause bitcoin to become a guaranteed investment.

Time should probably anyone in terms of their approach to their investment in terms of if they are thinking about 4-10 years or more into the future before they need their bitcoin, then they might choose to use money that they are not going to need in the next 4-10 years or more.  So that means that the money has to be extra money that is beyond expenses and beyond emergency funds.

Another concept that people suggest is to not invest any money that you can afford to lose, and be willing to ride your investment into bitcoin to zero if that is what ends up happening.

Surely some people are investing money that they cannot afford to lose, and that is why they panic if the BTC price moves against them, and surely if you come to bitcoin and you have a price at which you are going to sell all your bitcoin, then that is your choice, even though it does not seem to be a very good idea, because it is probably better to just invest an amount that you would be willing to lose all of it if BTC prices were to go to zero or to go below $20k or whatever lower amount.

Of course all of these kinds of hypothetical and psychological matters are easier to deal with if BTC prices end up going up rather than down, and if you get into profits rather than losses then probably those are "better problems to have."

The problem when the BTC price goes up is that frequently people start selling too much too soon and then they end up not advantaging from the compounding effects as much as they could have... but sometimes it still could be practical to take some value off the table at certain price points, depending on the finances and the psychology of the person if they cannot figure out other ways of dealing with the BTC price going up (and thus the price of their BTC holdings going up).

And selling too much earlier is also the personal decision of anyone. But in my point of view if anyone will sell all Bitcoins to soon so he has less knowledge and he needs to learn more about Bitcoin. And definitely he will regret on his decision if he will sell Bitcoin to soon.

Sure.  Knowledge might help.  But frequently there might be ways that various kinds of finances are in order so that if BTC prices go up, then you have other investments too.. and other places upon which you can draw cash if the BTC price later comes back down.  It is not easy to blanketly attempt to judge why any particular person might not be able to tolerate holding BTC as they are going up in price.

And Accumulation and selling are two opposite words. If anyone thought that he will accumulate Bitcoin and he selling so definitely he is not accumulating.

Well yes.. but people think that.  They think that they are going to sell and then buy back lower, and maybe it works many times, until it doesn't and then maybe they end up in a situation in which they psychologically having difficulties getting back in at BTC prices higher than the price that they sold.. so they might wait longer and longer and longer and then pretty soon turn into a bitter no coiner who used to own bitcoin.  Seen quite a few of those kinds of bitter folks over the years.

[edited out]
I don't agree to your assertion that it's not ideal to take off profits within the bull run like what's the essence of investing? Isn't it to make profits?

We are not talking about trading and/or short term investing in this thread... So you are wrong.  Short term profits is not what is the essence of investing.

You are likely correct that long term profits is the essence of investing .. or even having options by having had invested over the long term and presumably being in profits based on being a long term investor.

So in a situation whereby an investor have achieved his major aim of investing which is to make profits so after selling off his bitcoins the next for him to do is to pause investing for sometime until the price begins to dip then he can start buying and holdling again till he aquires a reasonable amount or better still he apply the DCA till the price skyrockets again so that's what an experienced investor does.

You are still mixing up ideas.. and assuming a lot of things.. that seems to mix up trading and investing... an experienced investor does not automatically convert into a trader merely because he has experience.. it is likely that any investor has to figure out how much BTC that he wants to acquire prior to figuring out that he has enough that he is able to sell some of them.  If he has not reached his accumulation goals, then he could fuck up his accumulation strategies in a lot of ways if he prematurely tries to trade before he has even gotten close to his BTC accumulation goals.

Another thing you are presuming is an ability to sell the top and buy the bottom, which truly is not easy to accomplish even from someone who is supposedly expierenced.

In trading, making profits is not guaranteed all the time so accumulating for a very long period like 10 years as you stated may not really be an obtainable idea as the future is unpredictable no one knows how the fate of the coin might turn out due to some uncertainty that surrounds the stock coin market.

We are ONLY talking about bitcoin in this thread.. so you can use the term bitcoin.  and there is no reason to talk about a coin. .because the ideas around coins (meaning shitcoins) is not really applicable to long term investing.. so fuck shitcoins and let's just talk about bitcoin.

Of course, the future is not knowable, and so part of the reason that anyone might start buying bitcoin and had a plan to buy bitcoin for the next 10 years is to potentially have some chances of bringing some certainty and/or hedge to the world as he sees it today as compared with a possible future world... and bitcoin seems to be a good investment and/or hedge and part of the way to hedge is to choose a position size that you believe to be suitable based on your own financial and psychological circumstances... including considering these 9 individual factors.

These principle individual factors that influence your decision whether to invest into bitcoin and how to invest into bitcoin have financial, skills and psychological components that include:

1)   your cashflow,

2)   how much bitcoin you have already accumulated,

3)   your other investments (including cash reserves),

4)   your view of bitcoin as compared with other investments,

5)   your timeline,

6)   your risk tolerance,

7)   your time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets, which includes figuring out the extent that you are in BTC accumulation, maintenance or liquidation stage),

8 )   your abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time,

9)   your considering your time, your abilities and whether to trade, reallocate from time to time, to use of leverage and/or to use financial instruments... (and for sure the use of financial instruments, leverage and margin trading involve higher level skills and are not even necessary to still become richie in bitcoin's already existing asymmetric bet.)

Making accumulation for a very long period of time might even lead to losses because in the quest of hoping that the price will skyrocket then it suddenly starts dipping so it's really not ideal to accumulate for too long as no one can speculate or predict what it's future holds.

You sound like you are not capable of long-term investing.

Maybe if you consider position size, then that might help you to get over the hump of longterm investing versus feeling that you need to cash out merely because you have some profits.

Yes.. we do not know what the future holds, but that does not necessarily mean that we should not invest, or that we should consume instead.

Maybe an example is necessary, and let's try to go by your forum registration date of less than 5 months ago.. or maybe we can presume you been into bitcoin for a year, so if you had been accumulating bitcoin for a year at $100 per week, and so after a year you got up to $5,200 invested into bitcoin.  and let's say that you had some bad luck and your average cost per BTC is around $30k.  So let's say that there is a bull run and the BTC price goes to $90k with the next 9 months, and so then you have 3x the amount that you started with or maybe 200% profits (So you have $15,600).  You are going to sell?  and buy back lower.. or you will buy back lower 1/2 and use the other half for some kind of fun vacation or a car.  Or do you have some other plans for your proceeds? 

I am having some trouble understanding the idea how you are better off because you sold your $30k BTC at $90k and then you actually have to figure out what you are going to do with it. .. wait to buy back and then you are a no coiner?  or maybe you only sell half of it for the purpose of buying back?  What's your advice as a newbie who should be trying to accumulate BTC and if you merely have less than 0.2 BTC, then it can be difficult to see how you would be advantaged to either become a low coiner or even a no coiner merely because you worship fiat or some consumption goods since you never know about the future, right?.. would not want to hold onto that less than 0.2BTC until 2033

[edited out]
I was having this mindset before, thinking that it was never a good practice to sell Bitcoin. But when I join this discussion, I realized there were actually people that sold around the peak of 2021 bull run and started building back their portfolio during the following bear market even up this moment many of them are still buying. How they got such information about the market cycle and how they developed such level of discipline to follow it is what one need to study. The key point is that, there should be a way of selling that will not harm the entire portfolio especially when you sell not because you want to use the money for other things or waste it away but because you are being strategic and poised to maximizing profits.

On a second thought, selling does not harm Bitcoin all the time because without buying and selling, what is the use of Bitcoin? Indeed, it is through selling and buying that liquidity is created so we should not demonize selling. Just that one should be be able to plan the selling in such a way that it align with your visions and your motivation for investing in Bitcoin in the first place.

We are not really talking about that here.

If you are saying that your goal is to accumulation, you want to proclaim that selling is the way that you do it, but that is not the topic of this thread.  Maybe you should take your ideas to another thread so at least you will be on topic in your planning of a strategy for the upcoming anticipated bullmarket.

According to your forum registration, you have been a member for more than 2 years.  So have you been accumulating BTC more than 2 years?

you think that you are going to help your BTC holdings by selling rather than buying and then you are going to figure out how to do that and then how to buy back during a supposed dip that will follow some time after you sell your coins.

[edited out]

Really?  It will be interesting to hear what your revisions might become once you make them.  In the end, each of needs to try to tailor to our circumstances to our own finances and psychology, so hopefully, you are in a better position to be able to do that.. and to put yourself in a stronger financial/psychological situation because of your actions.  So ultimately if you fuck it up, don't come crying to me about it, because whatever you do, ultimately, it is your decision and your responsibility for whatever changes, if any, you end up making.

I still think most people don't understand the sole purpose of DCA, You can involved in DCA if you don't have that much funds for instantaneously buying a very large volume of bitcoin, DCA is also play in when you seems not to be too sure about the market maybe price is going low or going high but you don't want to miss any given opportunity because you might be left behind or leave to regret why you bought huge amount of bitcoin without Buying it within some period of space or interval.

Further more, It could be that your money in quest doesn't regularly flows maybe it comes one in a week/Bi-week or monthly it could be in every 3 months to 6 months provided that money is coming along this period you can involved yourself with doing DCA by buying when the money comes and before that you need to have some spare cash at hand whereby you won't keeps reducing the amount of bitcoin you hold and that is in your possession this process can be called the accumulation period or process. So don't know the narration of how people are seeing the DCA strategy maybe there is other things you are seeing and taking this DCA to be.

For sure, you are correct in your characterization of DCA as a kind of way to tailor the amount that you are buying bitcoin in accordance with your own budgetary matters (how much extra cash flow that you have), and not so much about whatever the BTC price might be, and sure DCA will excel even more if you don't really know which direction the BTC price might go as compared  to if you believe that the BTC price might be in a dip or in a high period, then you might decide to move away from DCA, even though DCA could still work in those situations too because even when you think you know, you might not really know, so it ends up being better to just continue following DCA until you figure out some other target and goal matters that might be more appropriate triggers to cause you to modify your DCA rather than trying to figure out whether the BTC price is going to go up or down.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Churchillvv

Activity: 392
Merit: 166

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 10:45:56 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

You may have gotten alot of response on this but I will make some point clear to you, though the goal for some people on getting involved with Bitcoin might be for profit making but it is not ideal to sell off one's Bitcoin during the bull run as sim_card have said.
To buttress selling Bitcoin during bull run may not be a bad idea only if you have accumulated enough bitcoin, if you have enough bitcoin in your portfolio and you decide to buy on dips and sell during bull run it is more ideal so create a specific portfolio aside your original holding for the so called purpose of selling on bull run. for example if you DCA with a minimum of $50 monthly or weekly you can make and extra portfolio where you can buy on dips and sell during bull season with another $50 dollars that at any cost wouldn't affect you if lost in the process to buy as you have asserted but it will be completely wrong if you don't have a good portfolio and you practice the gambling of Bitcoin (buying on dips and selling when it skyrockets).
On this same vain it can't be advisable for any one to practice the method which you are suggesting that anyone should pause buying of Bitcoin if after selling and the market keep appreciating because of preventing loses, that is why it is always advisable to practice the DCA method that wait for a time which may probably come or may not come for you to buy again in the dips. Time waist for nobody that is the most reason why DCA is practically the best method because it prepares you for but the uppity or the dips at the same time.

In trading, making profits is not guaranteed all the time so accumulating for a very long period like 10 years as you stated may not really be an obtainable idea as the future is unpredictable no one knows how the fate of the coin might turn out due to some uncertainty that surrounds the stock coin market. Making accumulation for a very long period of time might even lead to losses because in the quest of hoping that the price will skyrocket then it suddenly starts dipping so it's really not ideal to accumulate for too long as no one can speculate or predict what it's future holds.
I might understand your point but I put it to you (Richbased) that you are completely wrong. Trading is a 50-50 game and/or gambling that is never advisable to anyone expect you are so good at it as a professional trader even as that it's still not advisable, you do not have a solid claim for disputing the fact that long term holding is not good.
Bitcoin as predicted has not reached it speculated price and as such you may be lucky enough to be among those who will be favoured with the uppity of the Bitcoin price as a result of long term holding. There is more chance of profiting with long-term holding that short term, infact a 99.99 chance of success for long term holding because after accumulating Bitcoin you will be prepared for but the upward movement of Bitcoin price and the dips at the same time. when you have a good portfolio or have accumulated enough bitcoin you cannot be affected by the price of Bitcoin at anytime because for sure Bitcoin can't go less than it has gone before and it has a guarantee that it will bounce back to a good price at any give time.

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 407 »
  Print  

Jump to: