Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77148 times)
Moreno233

Activity: 322
Merit: 180

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 02:27:26 PM
Merited by Miles2006 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I understand what you are saying, but it's not always easy for newbies to stop watching the daily movement of Bitcoin price, or constantly asking for what's the price of Bitcoin today. I think this is necessary in preparing them to also understand the process. You know a child will start crawl before he/she can walk and run. Even if you advise them not to do so they won't listen, at some point every investors went through such emotional problems that's associated with monitoring the daily price of Bitcoin.
The best thing you can do for a newbie is to advice them to use the DCA method. I know the amount of anxiety, time wastage and money it cost me when I was glued to the screen monitoring Bitcoin price when I started my journey of Bitcoin. The DCA method eliminates all these because the moment you start using the DCA method, you subconsciously know you are in for a long ride. The anxiety and eager to see your assets in profits will be gone. Any newbie who adopt this method of investing will truly do very well in managing the portfolio. 

Since the price of bitcoin has down from $44,000 to $41,000, so I think a buy on dip strategy is worth considering now. I don't think such a correction will last long, especially since the halving and ETF have been the reason for the big rally. Personally, DCA isn't really needed right now, lump sum seems to be the best option.
Do you think that $41,000 is the bottom of the retracement? What if price continue dropping down to $38,000 and more down to $36,000? There is always this difficulty associated with buying the dip which is knowing what the real bottom is. Only way buying the dip makes sense if the target is for long term investment. The retracement can continue all through the festive period because it is expected that many people will sell their Bitcoin to enjoy the holidays. Therefore, anyone in a hurry to buy the dip, on a $3,000 correction, for fast profits might have to wait throughout the festive season. It is also possible that the correction will not be deeper than expected.

Considering how emotional determining the dips can be, using the DCA method together with it can offer more efficient way of handling the Bitcoin accumulation process.

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 09:57:12 PM

You are correct sir

From the market direction it has proven and broken all indications that we are no longer in bear or having to say from Odohu that we are going to witnessed any dip currently, even though there will be, it could just be a market correct which I know won't go below $29k if at all it would go... This is not possible even though we can say that BTC is highly volatile but that doesn't mean that is a flip flop, there could be a little sideways movements but this won't entirely affect or effects the entire direction of bitcoin price to start dipping down in a way to go against its principle as they said " That we have the Bull and Bear season" Which we are currently on the bull run compared to where the price was right in the beginning of this year or do I say last year yet the market didn't disobey its principle.

It can be tempting for the price but there isn't a way the price would go against how its designed and configured, even though there are any kind of news that may hit the market so hard but that doesn't mean it would instantaneously changes its direction to bear sign or having to go below $29k although any thing is possible over here but with the fate and believe I have so far in bitcoin progression and the history never seized to repeat itself.
Take advantage of the opportunity if the market changes quickly like what happened in the past two days when from $44k it fell to $41k. Enter gradually at every price that you think will be touched because the market is difficult to predict because it may rise suddenly and fall suddenly. I'm not good at reading charts, so I don't care about prices when accumulating Bitcoin because with DCA we will get a price that is cheaper than our planned target.

Why wait for the news because it will make you regret it later because if you expect something to happen with the news then it will disappoint you. Just enjoy every dips in buying and Holding for assets for your old age. Arrange your investment planning as best as possible and hopefully we can hold the BTC that we have purchased through DCA for long term.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 10:10:31 PM

-snip-
Take advantage of the opportunity if the market changes quickly like what happened in the past two days when from $44k it fell to $41k. Enter gradually at every price that you think will be touched because the market is difficult to predict because it may rise suddenly and fall suddenly. I'm not good at reading charts, so I don't care about prices when accumulating Bitcoin because with DCA we will get a price that is cheaper than our planned target.
Buying every dip between -2% to -8% is a good choice if you want to accumulate. Of course, it's still a good idea to do DCA rather than all at once - but the best option of course depends on the amount of budget you have. If you have $50 in your account and at that time the price of bitcoin falls by -7% - then don't do DCA, but buy it lump sum.

There's no point buying with DCA if you have a low budget - say $50, I mean the bitcoins you get won't be significant. So consider decisions wisely and be wise in making decisions even if you are not good at analyzing.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Queentoshi

Activity: 742
Merit: 308

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 11:03:14 PM

From my observation not all investors will end up making profit for example the ones that never get satisfied with their investment they always want more using the money meant for food stuffs etc to accumulate more they will always end up selling without a target to settle family needs,
If there is a feeling of unsatisfaction with the amount used in investing, that feeling of unsatisfaction and hunger for more should be used in search of more ways to make more money so as to be able to have more to be able to invest in bitcoins with. The unsatisfaction should not make you disrupt the allocations in your budget and make reductions where you should not, just to have more for bitcoins. Only comfortable holders can keep bitcoins for as long as possible.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
FinePoine0

Activity: 378
Merit: 122

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 11:18:14 PM

-snip-
Buying every dip between -2% to -8% is a good choice if you want to accumulate. Of course, it's still a good idea to do DCA rather than all at once - but the best option of course depends on the amount of budget you have. If you have $50 in your account and at that time the price of bitcoin falls by -7% - then don't do DCA, but buy it lump sum.

There's no point buying with DCA if you have a low budget - say $50, I mean the bitcoins you get won't be significant. So consider decisions wisely and be wise in making decisions even if you are not good at analyzing.

Investing in Bitcoin and a strategy if you follow the DCA method you can definitely hold for the long term properly. Usually in DIP case, many people directly earn and BUY Bitcoin. But many people spend their income at home, using the extra money they don't spend and investing weekly or monthly bitcoins following the DCA method. I myself invest 5% to 10% of my income every 15 days ($15-$20). I just started investing recently. I use a solid wallet for long-term investments.

Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 11:31:50 PM

I keep regressing on what you said, of course a decline in price of - 2% to - 8% is good enough to accumulate Bitcoin. I would speak on my own understanding, it depends on the price at which the price drops, we should be able to differentiate when Bitcoin is being volatile and when experiencing a dip. So we can know when to apply our strategies, for maximum profits.

Who on earth would want to set a budget of such a little amount, those who invest this little are those who always wait to buy the  DIP but those Dcaing will need to invest large amount cause they keep buying at different prices, bit by bit base on the budget they have in mind.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 12, 2023, 11:32:59 PM

Some people do not have any choice regarding lump sum.   If they have $2,400 coming in per month, and they have between $50 and $100 per week that they are able to spend on Bitcoin, then maybe they are choosing to buy BTC every week, but surely if they save some extra on the side for buying on dips, maybe they don't have a lot that is set aside, so they still might not have much choice but to invest whatever extra cash flow that they are able to generate by increasing their income and/or by reducing their expenses, and maybe once in a while they might be able to get some extra cash coming in that they would have the ability to decide the extent to which lump sum and buying on dips might be preferable to just continuing with their ongoing practice of DCA.
I understand that some people don't have a choice when it come to investing a large amount of money at once. If someone has  fix income and not have much extra money... they may not be able to save a lot for buy investments when the prices are low. In these cases they may have to keep investing a little bit of money regularly. But it is important to think about ways to make more money or spend less so they can save more for investing. It's about finding the right balance between regular investing and taking advantage of good opportunities in the market. And this is only Bitcoin where they can believe in.

So yeah, let's take the person with some level of cashflow and expenses, and sometimes the cashflow might vary, so they can try to account for variance in terms of keeping and emergency fund and/or just preparing in advance for how much they might be able to spend on BTC and/or any other investment that they are considering each month.   So if their monthly income is $2,400, yet by the time the calculate all of their expenses, they see that their extra cashflow is ONLY around $120 to $400 per month, so there are going to be some months where they are able to invest $100 per week into bitcoin and there are other months that they are able to invest only $30 per week into bitcoin, and so if they are averaging around $240 per month invested into bitcoin, then that would be 10% of their income going into bitcoin, and frequently it is difficult for people to save/invest more than 10% of their salary into bitcoin and/or anything else, but if they are seriously wanting to be aggressive in their BTC investment they might be able to figure out ways to have more discretionary income to be able to invest more, yet at the same time, they also might question if they might want to diversify into other assets (and I am not necessarily referring to shitcoins), but there still can questions about how effective it would be to diversify any investment prior to really building up the investment size, and even if we take an example of someone who is consistently investing 10% of his/her income into bitcoin or anything else, it is still going to take around 10 years, to build up to the size of 1 years income and/or expenses, so if some one is wanting to get to having between 20 and 30 years of income saved up (invested), then there could be some expectations that the investment grows, whether it is over 10 years time, or maybe it takes 20-30 years to get to a point in which it might be getting large enough to serve as a passive income within that size of a value that is 20-30 years of income/expenses.

The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary.
It is quite exciting seeing some gains in the market but I think it is too early to conclude that we are in a bullish market. There still chances of this being a bull trap. A lot of theories have been postulated as to why the market is rising, some believe it is rumors of Bitcoin ETF approval while some believe it is as a result of Ordinals, that is NFTs on the Bitcoin Network. If the former is true and Bitcoin ETF did not see the light of day at least for now, the market might dropped drastically even though we don't know the extent to which the drop will be but surely the market will respond accordingly. This will confirm that we are really still far from being in a bull market as many things are still hanging in the balance. As we approach Q1 of 2024, a lot of things will become clear.

Nevertheless, the wise thing to do now is to continue to collect Bitcoin with whatever method you are using because the bull market will eventually come even though we are not certain when it will happen. In line with the topic of the thread, "Buy the DIP, and HODL"
I don't really like the idea of flip-flopping back and forth from we are in a bear market or we are in a bull market, and so sure, you may be correct Odohu that the bull market has not been confirmed yet, but I doubt that you are correct that we are not in a bull market.   Almost always there are corrections along the way, but that does not take us out of the bull market, unless maybe we go back to test the bottom such as $15,479 or maybe even getting below $20k or something like that.

Sure, you are free to talk about these markets as if they are flip flopping, but I doubt it brings vary much clarity to frame them in that kind of way.  

So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978, it does seem to appear that we could have some pretty severe corrections from here that could even go back down to the local low and maybe even lower, but surely a decent amount of space has been created between the two, and perhaps it will be difficult to get back down to that September low of $24,920, and maybe getting back below $30k might also be difficult, even though we surely are not very far away from $30k.. but even having had said all of that, sometimes in bitcoin's historical price performance, it does not go back to those previous prices, so if we end up getting more UP before down, then it could contribute to some difficulties in getting back to those kinds of lower prices such as either below $30k or below or touching upon the 200-week moving average which currently is at $28,622.

Yes, we know that the BTC price can go either way, and the BTC price is especially vulnerable to a deep correction when it has gone up quite a bit in a short period of time, but I doubt that means that we would be flip flopping from bear to bull and then back to bear.. when maybe we might be getting caught into semantics a bit in terms of trying to describe where we are at and what is the current trend.
You are correct sir

From the market direction it has proven and broken all indications that we are no longer in bear or having to say from Odohu that we are going to witnessed any dip currently, even though there will be, it could just be a market correct which I know won't go below $29k if at all it would go... This is not possible even though we can say that BTC is highly volatile but that doesn't mean that is a flip flop, there could be a little sideways movements but this won't entirely affect or effects the entire direction of bitcoin price to start dipping down in a way to go against its principle as they said " That we have the Bull and Bear season" Which we are currently on the bull run compared to where the price was right in the beginning of this year or do I say last year yet the market didn't disobey its principle.

It can be tempting for the price but there isn't a way the price would go against how its designed and configured, even though there are any kind of news that may hit the market so hard but that doesn't mean it would instantaneously changes its direction to bear sign or having to go below $29k although any thing is possible over here but with the fate and believe I have so far in bitcoin progression and the history never seized to repeat itself.

I still think that whether we are in a bear market or a bull market might not be known until several months after we convert over from one to the other, so there is a bit of a lagging indication regarding where we might be, and people like to switch their tunes based on corrections or even temporary price runs, when the overall trend might be more difficult to really figure out until we are kind of far enough that we can say that "the top is in" or "the bottom is in."

And, with our current bottom of $15,479 in November 2022, it might have taken a bit of time to start to get confidence that "the bottom is in," and you can recall that we toyed with $28k to $32k for several times, before finally breaking through $32k in mid-October, but still at the same time, we might have already gotten confidence that "the bottom was in" by the time we had already started to spend quite a bit of time in the mid-to-upper $20ks and even the last time that we had BTC prices go below $20k was for a short correction in early March 2023.. so after that time the BTC price never really got below $24,500.. so we might have started to feel confidence that the $15,479 bottom of November 2022 was in, ven though we still got a dipping of the BTC price below $25k as late as mid-September 2023... so sometimes we cannot really be sure whether we are in a bear market or a bullmarket even though we start to have confidence that the bear market was over, which seems to be more clear to be attempting to describe those kind of uncertainties rather than flip flopping by saying that we are in a bull and then a bear and then a bull and then a bear .. all within less than a calendar year, and i have never really seen it to be convincing in bitcoin regarding when we might be able to call that a bull market or a bear market is in place... which largely just attempt to reflect on larger trends rather than re-describing where we are at based on smaller movements within the seemingly larger trends.  

I am also not very excited when folks say that bitcoin has been in a bull market since it started, and even though that is technically true, it tends to gloss over what seems to be a so far historical pattern of a couple years up, then a couple years down or sideways and then a couple years up and then repeat repeat repeat..  

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
liuka

Activity: 813
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 01:25:14 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), BABY SHOES (1)

I still think that whether we are in a bear market or a bull market might not be known until several months after we convert over from one to the other, so there is a bit of a lagging indication regarding where we might be, and people like to switch their tunes based on corrections or even temporary price runs, when the overall trend might be more difficult to really figure out until we are kind of far enough that we can say that "the top is in" or "the bottom is in."

And, with our current bottom of $15,479 in November 2022, it might have taken a bit of time to start to get confidence that "the bottom is in," and you can recall that we toyed with $28k to $32k for several times, before finally breaking through $32k in mid-October, but still at the same time, we might have already gotten confidence that "the bottom was in" by the time we had already started to spend quite a bit of time in the mid-to-upper $20ks and even the last time that we had BTC prices go below $20k was for a short correction in early March 2023.. so after that time the BTC price never really got below $24,500.. so we might have started to feel confidence that the $15,479 bottom of November 2022 was in, ven though we still got a dipping of the BTC price below $25k as late as mid-September 2023... so sometimes we cannot really be sure whether we are in a bear market or a bullmarket even though we start to have confidence that the bear market was over, which seems to be more clear to be attempting to describe those kind of uncertainties rather than flip flopping by saying that we are in a bull and then a bear and then a bull and then a bear .. all within less than a calendar year, and i have never really seen it to be convincing in bitcoin regarding when we might be able to call that a bull market or a bear market is in place... which largely just attempt to reflect on larger trends rather than re-describing where we are at based on smaller movements within the seemingly larger trends.  

I am also not very excited when folks say that bitcoin has been in a bull market since it started, and even though that is technically true, it tends to gloss over what seems to be a so far historical pattern of a couple years up, then a couple years down or sideways and then a couple years up and then repeat repeat repeat..  
That's right sir, we are in an uncertain situation between bearish and bullish because the movements that have occurred have changed so quickly if you look at it in the last two days. I agree with you it may take a few more months to see a real bull market. By looking at the price of bitcoin at the previous ATH of $69k of course at today's price we are still below the highest price which is good enough to buy bitcoin gradually.

I think some people have a different opinion because they refer to the bitcoin spot etf which is believed to be approved so they say we have entered the bullish season. Even though that's not true, I think the increase in volume really confirms that bullishness will actually occur next year. Happy to see prices continue to rise and also being able to hold on in this rising situation will be enough motivation to be able to hold longer.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 02:01:02 AM

That's right sir, we are in an uncertain situation between bearish and bullish because the movements that have occurred have changed so quickly if you look at it in the last two days.

That seems to be exactly the opposite of what I was saying.  

So largely we were in a bull market starting from the late 2018 bottom until the late 2021 top, but the bull market may not have been confirmed until around May or so 2019.. and then the bear market of 2022 was not really confirmed until about May of 2022. .and so then that bear market went until the end of 2022, and it was not confirmed that we were out of the bear market and back in a bull market until somewhere in mid-2023 - even though we may have had doubts with the September bottoming below $25k.. so mostly it is likely confirmed that we are in a bull market right now and we are not going to be sure how long it is going to last or what it might take to get us out of the bull market.. Do we even need to attempt to describe it?  I doubt it, and surely the last 2 days does not tell us diddly squat about anything except maybe a bit of a rest of the uppity or maybe a correction that could go down to $35k or to $30k and maybe even lower.. but i doubt that we are going to be out of the current bull market, even if we might experience some sub $30k dips.. and i am not even saying that any dip is necessary beyond the current dip that we had down to $40,181 (so far).. there is no need for any further dip, but there is also no way of knowing (beyond guessing.. or drawing some silly squigglie lines that are likely similar to guesses) whether any further dip is going to happen or not..  

I agree with you it may take a few more months to see a real bull market. By looking at the price of bitcoin at the previous ATH of $69k of course at today's price we are still below the highest price which is good enough to buy bitcoin gradually.

Well do whatever you think in regards to buying, and if you are just getting into bitcoin, you might be in a very uncomfortable spot, to be buying from here.. but it might be you ONLY choice, if you are just getting into bitcoin and if you have low coins or no coins, you may well just need to suck it up and buy what you can and continue to buy for the next 4 years or more and then see where you are at.

If you have been around for a while (like your forum registration date suggests that you have been around since mid-2015, so you would have had more time to accumulate bitcoin so your already having had accumulated bitcoin may well give you more luxuries in regards to how you might play the current correction or if you just continue to regularly buy in the event that you had not figured out that you should be preparing for UPpity.. especially in the last year and a half or so.. if you had not been accumulating BTC in the period between mid-to late 2018 and late 2020.. and also if you had not been accumulating BTC in 2015, 2016 and even early 2017..

So yeah, your own journey should help to better inform you about what specifically to do.

I think some people have a different opinion because they refer to the bitcoin spot etf which is believed to be approved so they say we have entered the bullish season. Even though that's not true, I think the increase in volume really confirms that bullishness will actually occur next year. Happy to see prices continue to rise and also being able to hold on in this rising situation will be enough motivation to be able to hold longer.

It surely can be uncomfortable for anyone who is fairly new to BTC accumulation to be able to feel that they have enough time to accumulate BTC, especially if they are planning to hold for the long term.. but there still can be dilemmas regarding what to do... and so these are likely one of those times that there are advantages to have already been accumulating BTC for a while. versus someone who are newer on the BTC investment journey.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Litzki1990

Activity: 1190
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2023, 04:31:52 AM
Merited by Patrol69 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Some people do not have any choice regarding lump sum.   If they have $2,400 coming in per month, and they have between $50 and $100 per week that they are able to spend on Bitcoin, then maybe they are choosing to buy BTC every week, but surely if they save some extra on the side for buying on dips, maybe they don't have a lot that is set aside, so they still might not have much choice but to invest whatever extra cash flow that they are able to generate by increasing their income and/or by reducing their expenses, and maybe once in a while they might be able to get some extra cash coming in that they would have the ability to decide the extent to which lump sum and buying on dips might be preferable to just continuing with their ongoing practice of DCA.
I understand that some people don't have a choice when it come to investing a large amount of money at once. If someone has  fix income and not have much extra money... they may not be able to save a lot for buy investments when the prices are low. In these cases they may have to keep investing a little bit of money regularly. But it is important to think about ways to make more money or spend less so they can save more for investing. It's about finding the right balance between regular investing and taking advantage of good opportunities in the market. And this is only Bitcoin where they can believe in.
I believe in investing in Bitcoin but I don't believe that an investor should invest a lot of money at the beginning of the investment. Suppose a person pooled his one year's income and invested in Bitcoin and I started investing with him. The difference between my investment with that person is that I invested the entire amount in bitcoins instead of saving money every month and also that person saved his money every month to invest more money in this case I would say I invested earlier than that person and my investment is more profitable. Having invested in Bitcoin before means that I have a better chance, since I can only afford to invest a certain amount of money every month, so why should I wait a long time to accumulate more money and then invest in Bitcoin?

If we delay our decision, we may change our decision. Maybe now I have enough interest to invest in Bitcoin and I don't have any financial need, I can invest in Bitcoin as easily now as I can in a year but I won't be able to invest in Bitcoin as easily. Maybe within this year I may face some financial problem due to which the money I am trying to save for investment will have to be spent on something else. If I can invest $200 every month then the price of bitcoin is changing every month and I can invest every time the price of bitcoin changes but the risk in my investment is reduced.  

Suppose this month the price of bitcoin is 40 thousand dollars, this month I invested 200 dollars, the next month the price of bitcoin is 42000 dollars, then I invested 200 dollars, that is, the price of bitcoin is pumping and dumping at every stage, but my investment remains. On the other hand, if I invest all the money together, I don't get the opportunity to invest in every stage of Bitcoin price change.  
I believe so much that if I can invest consistently then that investment is for me and I will definitely get something good out of that investment.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
FinePoine0

Activity: 378
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 07:15:20 AM

I keep regressing on what you said, of course a decline in price of - 2% to - 8% is good enough to accumulate Bitcoin. I would speak on my own understanding, it depends on the price at which the price drops, we should be able to differentiate when Bitcoin is being volatile and when experiencing a dip. So we can know when to apply our strategies, for maximum profits.

You can never invest in Bitcoin long-term DCA method with profit loss. One such strategy is investing in the DCA method that helps an investor raise money and encourage them to invest in Bitcoin. Investing in DCA method is on average how much % you will invest. Currently 41k bitcoin price if you invest 5% percent of your wealth now and invest 5% again the next day. If you invest in this way then success will surely be achieved. Never invest your entire wealth in one step, invest in different stages, then calculate the average amount of your purchased bitcoins.

Who on earth would want to set a budget of such a little amount, those who invest this little are those who always wait to buy the  DIP but those Dcaing will need to invest large amount cause they keep buying at different prices, bit by bit base on the budget they have in mind.

Investors who invest in DCA method invest small amount of assets regularly in weekly or monthly DCA method. DCA method is definitely successful for those who invest small amount regularly if you invest properly. So no one ever keeps all their eggs in one basket, you can store bitcoins in multiple solid wallets then properly planned investments. If you want you can invest 5 to 10 dollars per week it is totally up to you.

Justbillywitt

Merit: 166

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 07:25:33 AM

So largely we were in a bull market starting from the late 2018 bottom until the late 2021 top, but the bull market may not have been confirmed until around May or so 2019.. and then the bear market of 2022 was not really confirmed until about May of 2022. .and so then that bear market went until the end of 2022, and it was not confirmed that we were out of the bear market and back in a bull market until somewhere in mid-2023 - even though we may have had doubts with the September bottoming below $25k.. so mostly it is likely confirmed that we are in a bull market right now and we are not going to be sure how long it is going to last or what it might take to get us out of the bull market.. Do we even need to attempt to describe it?  I doubt it, and surely the last 2 days does not tell us diddly squat about anything except maybe a bit of a rest of the uppity or maybe a correction that could go down to $35k or to $30k and maybe even lower.. but i doubt that we are going to be out of the current bull market, even if we might experience some sub $30k dips.. and i am not even saying that any dip is necessary beyond the current dip that we had down to $40,181 (so far).. there is no need for any further dip, but there is also no way of knowing (beyond guessing.. or drawing some silly squigglie lines that are likely similar to guesses) whether any further dip is going to happen or not..  
There are speculations that we might get to $35k to $30k, but It is just a speculations which I don't really care much about. There will always be speculations in the market, which will make some paper hands sell off their Bitcoin they bought around the high of the current run that got to $45k. But someone who has been around for so long will understand that this is a perfect time to acquire more. Most newbies are most likely to empty their bags with the hope that when we get to $35k or $30k they will buy which I don't even see happening. But for me I will act according to the name of the group. Buy the dip and hodl!!

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Publictalk792

Activity: 280
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2023, 07:29:27 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

So yeah, let's take the person with some level of cashflow and expenses, and sometimes the cashflow might vary, so they can try to account for variance in terms of keeping and emergency fund and/or just preparing in advance for how much they might be able to spend on BTC and/or any other investment that they are considering each month.   So if their monthly income is $2,400, yet by the time the calculate all of their expenses, they see that their extra cashflow is ONLY around $120 to $400 per month, so there are going to be some months where they are able to invest $100 per week into bitcoin and there are other months that they are able to invest only $30 per week into bitcoin, and so if they are averaging around $240 per month invested into bitcoin, then that would be 10% of their income going into bitcoin, and frequently it is difficult for people to save/invest more than 10% of their salary into bitcoin and/or anything else, but if they are seriously wanting to be aggressive in their BTC investment they might be able to figure out ways to have more discretionary income to be able to invest more, yet at the same time, they also might question if they might want to diversify into other assets (and I am not necessarily referring to shitcoins), but there still can questions about how effective it would be to diversify any investment prior to really building up the investment size, and even if we take an example of someone who is consistently investing 10% of his/her income into bitcoin or anything else, it is still going to take around 10 years, to build up to the size of 1 years income and/or expenses, so if some one is wanting to get to having between 20 and 30 years of income saved up (invested), then there could be some expectations that the investment grows, whether it is over 10 years time, or maybe it takes 20-30 years to get to a point in which it might be getting large enough to serve as a passive income within that size of a value that is 20-30 years of income/expenses.
It is important to account for any variance in your income and expenses to ensure you have enough to invest each month. It is understandable that there will months where you invest more and others where you invest less. As long as you are consistently investing a percentage of your income like 10% into Bitcoin you are on the right track. It is important to build up the size of your investments before doing so. It take time but with consistent investing you can respectively build up your investment size and potentially create a passive income stream.

I believe in investing in Bitcoin but I don't believe that an investor should invest a lot of money at the beginning of the investment. Suppose a person pooled his one year's income and invested in Bitcoin and I started investing with him. The difference between my investment with that person is that I invested the entire amount in bitcoins instead of saving money every month and also that person saved his money every month to invest more money in this case I would say I invested earlier than that person and my investment is more profitable. Having invested in Bitcoin before means that I have a better chance, since I can only afford to invest a certain amount of money every month, so why should I wait a long time to accumulate more money and then invest in Bitcoin?

If we delay our decision, we may change our decision. Maybe now I have enough interest to invest in Bitcoin and I don't have any financial need, I can invest in Bitcoin as easily now as I can in a year but I won't be able to invest in Bitcoin as easily. Maybe within this year I may face some financial problem due to which the money I am trying to save for investment will have to be spent on something else. If I can invest $200 every month then the price of bitcoin is changing every month and I can invest every time the price of bitcoin changes but the risk in my investment is reduced.  

Suppose this month the price of bitcoin is 40 thousand dollars, this month I invested 200 dollars, the next month the price of bitcoin is 42000 dollars, then I invested 200 dollars, that is, the price of bitcoin is pumping and dumping at every stage, but my investment remains. On the other hand, if I invest all the money together, I don't get the opportunity to invest in every stage of Bitcoin price change.  
I believe so much that if I can invest consistently then that investment is for me and I will definitely get something good out of that investment.
Investing consistently help reduce the risk of investing a lot of money at once. By investing a same amount every month we can take advantage of price changes and buying Bitcoin at different prices. This will help balance out your investment and make it low affected by sudden change in the market.

It is also important to consider that investing a larger amount at once can have its benefits. If you have a lot of money available investing it all at once can let you take advantage of immediate opportunities or price changes. It's important to think about the pros and cons and your own comfort with risk before deciding how to invest. Because this is the method which is for traders and they have the risk management. And they know the market behaviour so and DCA method is for everyone. Who can use for better investment.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
YUriy1991

Activity: 896
Merit: 217

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 08:35:10 AM

And they know the market behaviour so and DCA method is for everyone.

I agree with the statement above that what is needed is full control over emotional reactions to market pressure when investing even though you have used the DCA technique and the referee in BTC transactions is a miner as an intermediary.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Obim34

Merit: 202

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 09:31:39 AM

There are speculations that we might get to $35k to $30k, but It is just a speculations which I don't really care much about. There will always be speculations in the market, which will make some paper hands sell off their Bitcoin they bought around the high of the current run that got to $45k. But someone who has been around for so long will understand that this is a perfect time to acquire more. Most newbies are most likely to empty their bags with the hope that when we get to $35k or $30k they will buy which I don't even see happening. But for me I will act according to the name of the group. Buy the dip and hodl!!
Most people will fail to read and learn the ways of accumulating Bitcoin and you see them making drastic decision that will completely ruin their investment. Selling your Bitcoin now to collect profit because you initially bought at a price lesser than this and due to the market experiencing a little down trend decide to sell off, where else predicting the price to fall more and more so as to get another entry price.
This we need to know that our planning on investing should not be based on speculations and sentiments, face the market currently in a way if what you predict happens you benefit and if it doesn't you also benefit as well.

You can never invest in Bitcoin long-term DCA method with profit loss. One such strategy is investing in the DCA method that helps an investor raise money and encourage them to invest in Bitcoin. Investing in DCA method is on average how much % you will invest. Currently 41k bitcoin price if you invest 5% percent of your wealth now and invest 5% again the next day. If you invest in this way then success will surely be achieved. Never invest your entire wealth in one step, invest in different stages, then calculate the average amount of your purchased bitcoins.
I believe the first thing you should do before starting your DCAing is to first set a budget for yourself(it may be a specific amount of dollar to be hold in Bitcoin or any amount of Bitcoin) and in what time interval you would accomplish it.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 159

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 11:33:21 AM

Since the price of bitcoin has down from $44,000 to $41,000, so I think a buy on dip strategy is worth considering now. I don't think such a correction will last long, especially since the halving and ETF have been the reason for the big rally. Personally, DCA isn't really needed right now, lump sum seems to be the best option.
Buying Bitcoin with a lump sum is never a bad strategy, but if you know too well that buying with a lump sum will stop you from taking care of your financial needs, don't buy with a lump sum strategy, because you think Bitcoin will never dump again, and you will see your Bitcoin even when you at a loss to solve your financial challenges. You can continue with the DCA strategy in accumulating your Bitcoin which allows you to solve your financial challenges easily while you are on your Bitcoin accumulation journey.

Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 02:24:08 PM

Buying Bitcoin with a lump sum is never a bad strategy, but if you know too well that buying with a lump sum will stop you from taking care of your financial needs, don't buy with a lump sum strategy, because you think Bitcoin will never dump again, and you will see your Bitcoin even when you at a loss to solve your financial challenges. You can continue with the DCA strategy in accumulating your Bitcoin which allows you to solve your financial challenges easily while you are on your Bitcoin accumulation journey.

You're not wrong, but the point of the debate between "Buy the DIP" with a lump sum and DCA is not because of a person's financial situation, it's to find what's the more efficient/more profitable strategy. But for plebs like us who don't manage billions, I believe the difference in profit would not be that large that it wouldn't really matter. Cool

What's probably more important is to purchase how much you can today, and front-run BlackRock, the other billionaires, and possibly also front-run nation-states.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
SmartGold01

Activity: 686
Merit: 726

Don't joke with my Daughter

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2023, 03:55:27 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2023, 04:08:46 PM by SmartGold01

You are correct sir

I'm not good at reading charts, so I don't care about prices when accumulating Bitcoin because with DCA we will get a price that is cheaper than our planned target.
There is no different between that wish you said to a trade called scalping, although I have heard about scalping.
From a little research I found something related to what you said and I quote

"Scalping in Trading: The fastest trading method is “Scalping” or “Scalp Trading”, which has the lowest time span between opening and closing a position. In this strategy, profit is gained through small changes in price.

Scalp trading takes from several seconds to several minutes. In this method, trades are taken place in small time frames such as tick charts, which are the 1-second time frame chart. As a scalper, you should determine the suitable time frame before trading."

So like you said taking every little opportunity of the market make you a scalper then if you must apply DCA this doesn't meant you can't do that but more like scalping. DCA is depending on your income or salary per say it could come weekly, Bi-weekly or even monthly then you can take some percentage to buy BTC at the given price at hands but if the finance sufficient or sufficiently enough then doing DCA is just like wanting to miss a very huge opportunity in this bull run, don't get it twisted but bear is mostly fitted for DCA I might be right or wrong at your own point of views.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
Frankolala

Activity: 700
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 04:20:43 PM

There is nothing like maximum profit in bitcoin, the only way you can get good amount of profit is by investing in a long term, using DCA strategy to buy weekly or monthly irrespective of the price of bitcoin at that moment to reach your bitcoin target as long as you have your emergency funds available and you have taken care of other expenses. This is where you can enjoy the compounding profit because for every circle, you profit will compound based on the size of your portfolio. So if an investor understand this and hodli with regular buying for let's say 8-16yrs. If investor A invested a certain amount in bitcoin for 8yrs, his profit will be smaller compare to investor B that could invest same amount for 8yrs and hodli for 16yrs, even if he didn't buy during the additional period of eight years.

Why do you make it look as if it is only people that have $100 as extra money to invest in bitcoin can do that weekly or monthly. DCA method is open for everyone to adopt, all that matters is that you shouldn't use the amount that will affect your monthly expenses or that will be a burden to you to invest. If you can use $50 or $20 or $10 to buy weekly or monthly, it doesn't matter as long as you are consistent with buying regular, gradually, your portfolio will grow. It is lump sum that needs a reasonable amount of money and not DCA. It is better to be a lower coiner, than a no coiner because you have less than $100 to invest. No amount is too small, it is better to get started early with small amount than waiting to start in a bigger way that you don't know when.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2023, 07:20:48 PM

Some people do not have any choice regarding lump sum.   If they have $2,400 coming in per month, and they have between $50 and $100 per week that they are able to spend on Bitcoin, then maybe they are choosing to buy BTC every week, but surely if they save some extra on the side for buying on dips, maybe they don't have a lot that is set aside, so they still might not have much choice but to invest whatever extra cash flow that they are able to generate by increasing their income and/or by reducing their expenses, and maybe once in a while they might be able to get some extra cash coming in that they would have the ability to decide the extent to which lump sum and buying on dips might be preferable to just continuing with their ongoing practice of DCA.
I understand that some people don't have a choice when it come to investing a large amount of money at once. If someone has  fix income and not have much extra money... they may not be able to save a lot for buy investments when the prices are low. In these cases they may have to keep investing a little bit of money regularly. But it is important to think about ways to make more money or spend less so they can save more for investing. It's about finding the right balance between regular investing and taking advantage of good opportunities in the market. And this is only Bitcoin where they can believe in.

You don't seem to be thinking sufficiently broadly about different kinds of people and different kinds of situations, and so sometimes when someone has an option to either front-load (and/or lump sum) into their investment, they may well be way better off than someone who scatters out their investment.. so it also depends upon where the BTC price is going from the point of the investment, and part of the point, is that we do not know which way the BTC price is going to go, so if someone already has a $100k investment portfolio (maybe it took him 10 years to establish such an investment portfolio), and he plans to get a 10% position in bitcoin over the next year or so (or even a 25% position in bitcoin over the next year and a half or two years), he may well be better off to front load some if not all of his value to get into his BTC position, depending partly on how he might choose to get into bitcoin quickly and if some of held assets might already be liquid.  As a practical matter, there are a lot of folks who prefer not to sell assets when reallocating (or when adding a new asset to their portfolio), so there can be some dilemmas regarding how to get into a position quickly, and surely when BTC is in its current posture, there can be a lot of advantages to front loading rather than diddly daddling around and taking 1 or 2 years to establish your BTC position.

There is no straight forward rule, and DCA is not always the best when someone has other options... even while part of the problem (or the confusion) is that a lot of normies do not have options, so they need not even think about whether they should lump sum or front load their investment because they do not have that option in front of them, but even if they do not have that option to lump sum or to front load their investment into bitcoin, it still might be the best option that they happen to have available to them to DCA into bitcoin...and if they do not DCA and get started in their investment, they might just have regrets for many and many years if they know about bitcoin, but they fail/refuse to take actions to establish as good as a stake that they are able to establish based on their own financial and psychological circumstances.

Of course, everything that you are saying in regards to difficulties to keep cash on the side is correct, and so if a person had invested aggressively into bitcoin, and had not maintained enough of an emergency fund, then surely there could be problems in regards to how to deal with such emergency, but of course, at the same time, as the money regularly goes into bitcoin, it may well be less of a temptation to tap into it because it is already channeled into an investment that you may well do not want to touch for quite a long time, perhaps 4-10 years or longer..

I agree with your overall point about it is likely better to be investing sooner rather than later rather than holding money back to be able to invest in dips that might not end up happening... so there surely can be variance regarding what anyone is going to want to do in terms of considering how many BTC he has accumulated and for how long has he been accumulating... so then a guy who might have been accumulating bitcoin for 6-7 years at $200 per month may still not feel that he has enough bitcoin in order to slow down in his BTC accumulation, but it still might be difficult to justify how much of a difference a continued $200 per month is making.. but at the same time, maybe he started out at $50 per month in 2017 but he has worked himself up to $200 per month, so he is increasing the amount that he is able to invest into bitcoin, and still not even yet to a point of having had invested a years salary into bitcoin. 

Even if the guy has gotten to be more aggressive in his  BTC investment over the years, and maybe he started out by investing 10% of his salary into bitcoin, but over the years he has gotten up to 20% of his salary being invested into bitcoin, so instead of taking 10 years to get to one year's salary invested into bitcoin, he has gotten to a point in which he has been able to get 1 years income into bitcoin in around 5 years, and maybe even the appreciation of BTC price has put him even further down the road of having several years of salary already saved up and in bitcoin.  That is a good place to be, and it starts to become more and more difficult to figure out how much to continue to put into bitcoin.  Does a guy continue to be aggressive with his bitcoin investment or maybe let off a bit and start to invest into other things, too?  (I am not referring to investing into shitcoins, unless it is less than 10% of the size of the bitcoin holdings) I would not say that the answer is clear.

There are speculations that we might get to $35k to $30k, but It is just a speculations which I don't really care much about. There will always be speculations in the market, which will make some paper hands sell off their Bitcoin they bought around the high of the current run that got to $45k.

It is still good to be prepared for a variety of scenarios that could end up playing out, even extreme scenarios... and surely one of the advantages of just buying a regular amount on a weekly or monthly basis, then you likely have that kind of a cashflow that you can just pull from it and keep buying no matter which direction the BTC price goes... but if you had already been buying BTC for several years, you may or may not want to follow a strict DCA approach, even if a strict DCA approach still might be the better of the approaches - apart from someone who might be way further along in their BTC accumulation journey, then they might be starting to think about matters differently... even though there are so many bullish things going on with bitcoin that makes it difficult to justify very many other approaches for anyone who even might have been accumulating BTC for more than 4 years.

But someone who has been around for so long will understand that this is a perfect time to acquire more.

The previous 16-17 months between about May 2022 and October 2023, were even more perfect to be accumulating BTC, but I would argue that anyone who had not come to bitcoin with an already decently large investment portfolio (in other words the person who had been DCAing into bitcoin since early to mid-2022  or even going back to 2020, that person still might not have had stacked close to enough BTC, even though they may well be in a decent position to have been accumulating BTC for anywhere between 18 months and 4 years..

Most newbies are most likely to empty their bags with the hope that when we get to $35k or $30k they will buy which I don't even see happening. But for me I will act according to the name of the group. Buy the dip and hodl!!

Selling to buy cheaper is a really bad practice, especially for newbies.  Newbies should be almost exclusively be considering how to strategize and to plan their various ways to buy... but hey there are always going to be people who don't really know and they let gambling tendencies get in the way of sound accumulation practices that likely take many many years to really get to a point of getting rich (or well to do), and when there are attempts to get rich quicker, those kinds of efforts are frequently not as productive as ongoing, persistent and consistent accumulation strategies that might even involve figuring out ways to increase your discretionary income in ways that increase your cash coming in and/or decrease your expenses.

It is better to be a lower coiner, than a no coiner because you have less than $100 to invest. No amount is too small, it is better to get started early with small amount than waiting to start in a bigger way that you don't know when.

Personally, I would not define a person as a "low coiner" merely based on his being poor and his NOT being able to buy very much BTC because he has a low budget.

In other words, I personally consider a "low coiner" to be a whimpy investor.  Someone who could easily be able to buy $500 per week in bitcoin, but only buys $10 per week. 

I would not consider a person to be a low coiner ONLY because he is able to invest $10 per week if that is all that he is able to invest, and if he is being as aggressive as he can in his investment into bitcoin (without over doing it) then he is not a low coiner.. not from my personal perspective. 

Let's say that the person who invests $10 per week for a year, and then has $520 in bitcoin, yeah that is a small amount of coin, but he is still not a low coiner, because he is doing as much as he is able to do... That person is as much of a genuine coiner as anyone else, even similar to someone who owns 100s and thousands of bitcoin... and maybe the person who has been buying bitcoin at $10 per week for a year might be struggling to get to 1,000,000 satoshis.. but he is still working his way within his capacity.. and hopefully taking care not to lose any of the satoshis that he has accumulated.  One of the difficult things with anyone investing such a small amount into bitcoin does happen to do with the fees, so it may take a while to accumulate enough bitcoin in order for it to make sense to transfer the bitcoin to another location.. so there is frequently going to be concerns about ways to save fees.. and maybe sometimes having to store those coins with a third party until they reach a certain amount of value in which it makes sense to transfer them to a private wallet.  Another problem with the  person who is ONLY able to buy small amounts at a time is not wanting to have a bunch of BTC addresses with ONLY small amounts of bitcoin (like $10 in each address) because then it could become very expensive to combine the addresses... or even to spend from each address with a small amount of bitcoin in the future.

Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: