Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77228 times)
Gallar

Activity: 616
Merit: 291

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 03:10:22 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

and HOLD BTC is the action you should choose
As believers of bitcoin, the most important lesson we were all given was how to become long-term holders of bitcoin in order to become profitable investors. If we can accomplish that, our bitcoin holdings should have generated returns for us in the future, depending on the duration of our bitcoin hodling decision(months, or years). 
If you invest in Bitcoin for the long term, you will benefit the most. Because the only long-term hold on Bitcoin is the investor will be successful. So if a person wants to be successful in life, he should invest in Bitcoin for long term. Because I am waiting to get my success full from Bitcoin.

In Bitcoin you will find success in life if you can make a long term investment with difficulty in the beginning. Only the beginning has to have the ability to take such risks.
Investing in bitcoin in the long term will indeed be very profitable. Because it's not just a story or fantasy, but a lot of real evidence, that bitcoin investors who managed to control their emotions and managed to hold bitcoin until the price was high, were ultimately able to reap huge profits. Therefore, investing in Bitcoin in the long term is indeed the right thing to achieve maximum profits.

Currently, many of us definitely hold bitcoin, maybe some have a goal of holding it for a period of 1 year, 4 years, or even 10 years. But I assume there are many bitcoin investors who will quit (sell) in the next bull market. Due to bitcoin's 4-year cycle (halving) and subsequent bull market, it has become something of a transit point for many bitcoin investors to change paths and set new goals. The point is to take profit, then wait for the bitcoin market price to fall again, then buy bitcoin and hold it again.

Because I personally also plan to sell my bitcoin assets in the upcoming bull market, but of course at the price I was aiming for from the start.

Just because you are planning to sell your bitcoin with hopes of buying back cheaper, that does not necessarily mean that your plan is a good idea, to the extent that we are even talking about those selling on the way up ideas, especially your insinuation of both selling a large quantity of your coins and also your suggesting that you can buy it back on the way down, supposedly.

Even if you find that others are thinking in the similar kinds of ways as you, that does not necessarily mean that those kinds of ideas are good or even in line with the theme of this thread, which surely is referring to holding BTC in the long term, rather than perhaps your 2-3 year plan or your plan that is less than 4 years, since you seem to be wanting to play the waves of the cycle, which does not even seem to be the kinds of things that many of us are talking about in this thread.  

So yeah, if you have been in bitcoin for maybe a bit more than a year as your forum registration shows, that may well indicate that you don't really appreciate the value of bitcoin as a longer term investment like someone who has been in bitcoin longer and who have held bitcoin longer and who have ended up benefiting quite stupendously from a compounding effect that comes from holding BTC over more than one cycle.. and yeah, sometimes you could end up getting some compounding effects from holding BTC within one cycle, yet how you going to know when to sell and when are you going to know when to buy back?  Your plan of selling most if not all of your BTC at some point (or maybe various points on the way up - supposedly at or near the top) does not really sound that great, even if we might try to suggest that the ideas of your plan could be in line with some of the ideas of this thread, which is questionable at best.
~Snip
That's right, it seems I still don't understand the actual concept of HODLing bitcoin. Because my thinking is still stuck in the four-year bitcoin cycle (halving) and also the bull market. However, in reality, long-term investors in bitcoin, who are HODLing bitcoin, do not seem to necessarily follow this cycle to sell their bitcoin assets. However, the main direction and goal is more towards the more distant future.

So basically long term bitcoin investors will probably continue buying bitcoin via DCA and HODL for a longer period of time. Apart from that, I was also reminded a little by you that investing in Bitcoin for the long term is not just about looking for profits. However, another important point is to maintain the value of the assets we own so that they are not eroded by inflation.

Then talking about my plans to sell bitcoin in the upcoming bull market, you could say I'm not a long-term investor. Because it's true that I bought bitcoin more or less a year ago. So, if for example I sell it in the upcoming bull market (2024-2025), that means I will only HODL bitcoin for approximately 2-3 years. This means that I am not a long-term investor, but a medium-term investor or I could also say a short-term investor. Because after I researched and studied again, it turns out that long-term investors always HODL their assets (bitcoin) for more than five years. So it looks like I have a lot to learn and understand more deeply about this. Because I don't understand the context of HODL bitcoin well.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2023, 03:14:45 AM

DCA approach can only be applied to bitcoin, this is because bitcoin has great potential and is likely to be more valuable with the timeline as long as you are in a long term investment. Another thing you should know is that DCA approach can be done by both the pleb and the rich which any amount even as low as $10. It depends on how much your income is and how you feel is best for you to start investing with.

Shitcoins are useless and don't even deserve investing in because they are more like gamble and beginners don't need to distract themselves, talk more of DCAing on shitcoins. You don't need to look for any coin with big market capital, just invest in only bitcoin and DCA regularly with the amount that would be at ease with you after you have taken care of your monthly expenses and have made available your emergency funds.
If it comes to investing for long term and if it comes to coin selection and I am asked about it then Bitcoin would be the best choice for me without a second thought. Since we have bitcoins to invest in long term plans, we don't need to check any other coins. There is no need to waste time on choosing which coin for long-term investment, instead of wasting time, we have to close our eyes and trust Bitcoin.  In case of long-term investing, when an investor is new to investing, he usually starts his investment journey with a relatively small amount of money at that time. 

DCA method has the advantage of investing with minimum amount of money so it is very good for those who follow DCA method to invest in a good direction. If a person is involved in any other work resource then that person can easily build a good support for his investment by buying bitcoins in different steps. 

It becomes easier for an investor to buy Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin is at different stages. When the investor invests a certain amount of money consistently every month or every week, at the end of the specified period, it will be seen that his investment amount has increased. 

When an investor has the idea that he has to deposit a certain amount of money at the end of every month or week, that investor will not waste money and will always try to spend within a limited range. We always hear about a problem that if we have money in hand we spend it without thinking much but if we have the thought of investment in our mind then we forget the extra cost and this is a very positive aspect for us.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Publictalk792

Activity: 294
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2023, 05:59:56 AM

If it comes to investing for long term and if it comes to coin selection and I am asked about it then Bitcoin would be the best choice for me without a second thought. Since we have bitcoins to invest in long term plans, we don't need to check any other coins. There is no need to waste time on choosing which coin for long-term investment, instead of wasting time, we have to close our eyes and trust Bitcoin.  In case of long-term investing, when an investor is new to investing, he usually starts his investment journey with a relatively small amount of money at that time. 

DCA method has the advantage of investing with minimum amount of money so it is very good for those who follow DCA method to invest in a good direction. If a person is involved in any other work resource then that person can easily build a good support for his investment by buying bitcoins in different steps. 

It becomes easier for an investor to buy Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin is at different stages. When the investor invests a certain amount of money consistently every month or every week, at the end of the specified period, it will be seen that his investment amount has increased. 

When an investor has the idea that he has to deposit a certain amount of money at the end of every month or week, that investor will not waste money and will always try to spend within a limited range. We always hear about a problem that if we have money in hand we spend it without thinking much but if we have the thought of investment in our mind then we forget the extra cost and this is a very positive aspect for us.
Exactly many people have found success with Bitcoin as an investment. It has the potential to grow and be stable which makes it a good choice for long term investing.
And the DCA method is really a great strategy for investing with a small amount of money. By investing the same amount regularly on daily weekly or monthly basis can give advantage of Bitcoin price changes and potentially make more money over time.
Having a set amount to invest regularly can also help you be more disciplined with your spending. It helps you focus on your investment goals and avoid unnecessary expenses.
Like a person who is investing in Bitcoin from 5 to 6 years I am sure he/s will be in profit at this time if he/s using the DCA method and still doing that. Or if he/s will continue for more 5 to 6 years so he/s will be in more profit.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bloodseekers

Activity: 769
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 06:01:10 AM

Investing in Bitcoin DCA method allows you to gradually increase your investment with a small amount of capital. Investing in DCA method is best for those who do not have a lot of dollars. If I consider from my side I would say DCA method is the best investment method for me. I have no other source of investment I am investing 70% of my weekly earnings using DCA method. If I invest in the steps I have taken then one time it will be seen that my investment has increased a lot. Currently I have accumulated 0.00926166 bitcoins using DCA method to invest. Which is $392.97 at the current Bitcoin market price.

Using the DCA method in investment will indeed be very profitable and we can invest according to the income we have after meeting the needs we need and it is also very profitable if we can do it consistently to be able to enjoy profits if we feel sufficient for the investment we have made we do.
I am very interested in trying to invest like you have done, but at the moment I do not have the income to be able to invest because the income I have is only enough to be able to meet the needs I need and I will continue to work to be able to do what I have done, you do that.
2Pizza410000BTC

Activity: 364
Merit: 190

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 06:14:22 AM

Investing in Bitcoin DCA method allows you to gradually increase your investment with a small amount of capital. Investing in DCA method is best for those who do not have a lot of dollars. If I consider from my side I would say DCA method is the best investment method for me. I have no other source of investment I am investing 70% of my weekly earnings using DCA method. If I invest in the steps I have taken then one time it will be seen that my investment has increased a lot. Currently I have accumulated 0.00926166 bitcoins using DCA method to invest. Which is $392.97 at the current Bitcoin market price.

Using the DCA method in investment will indeed be very profitable and we can invest according to the income we have after meeting the needs we need and it is also very profitable if we can do it consistently to be able to enjoy profits if we feel sufficient for the investment we have made we do.
I am very interested in trying to invest like you have done, but at the moment I do not have the income to be able to invest because the income I have is only enough to be able to meet the needs I need and I will continue to work to be able to do what I have done, you do that.
At a time when I also had no means of income, I got into Bitcoin forums through a friend of mine. By entering here and creating a good position, I continue to support my family by earning weekly. Currently I am able to do something physically besides this income. I can support my family with the money I earn from the out site and invest 70% of my weekly earnings from bitcoin forums using the DCA method. But I will also tell you to try and start earning something physically from outside so you can invest using DCA method like me.

Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 06:48:59 AM
Merited by Litzki1990 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

First of all you don't need any money to plan investment you think you don't have money now but you will definitely have money in future and then you can invest in Bitcoin for long term. Even if you don't have money now, you can try to get an idea about investing now. You try to get an idea in advance about how strong you need to be mentally or how much financial risk you have to take when investing in long-term plans. 
Investing will be much easier for you when you know about such things in advance when it comes to keeping your investment for a long time. 

As you said that you don't have enough money to invest and the amount of money you have is for running your family but I will tell you that you need to accumulate a lot of money to invest but not talking. You can start investing in your long-term plans with the money left over from household expenses. You may think that investing a small amount of money can be profitable, but when you invest this small amount for a long time, your idea will change. 

From the way you describe your finances, I assume you have at least $10 left over at the end of the month after family expenses, which is enough to invest. If minimum 10 dollars can be invested regularly then after five to seven years your total investment amount will be much higher and I believe when you start investing you will not invest 10 dollars every month but you can invest more amount then.

People's financial condition is not always the same, maybe your financial condition may be bad now but your financial condition will be better in future so start investing from now and keep doing consistently when you have more money you can increase your investment amount.
Bd officer

Activity: 378
Merit: 220

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2023, 07:56:05 AM

Yes you are right, those who invest have a thought in their mind I have to invest. I have seen proof myself, one of my cousins ​​used to spend a lot of money before he invested in Bitcoin, from gambling to hanging out with other friends. I told him about Bitcoin a few months ago when Bitcoin was 26k. Ever since the price of Bitcoin was 30k, he has been investing a certain amount every week in the DCA method. I see that my cousin has changed a lot, now he doesn't hang out with any friends and doesn't spend money on any bad things. He does not spend anything other than household expenses. My cousin's goal is how to increase the amount of investment.

In fact Bitcoin has become very popular day by day. I have seen that people who get the first idea about Bitcoin, become interested in investing. There are some people who know about bitcoin but don't invest in bitcoin, they will regret sometime in the future, why didn't they invest then. There are some people who are unable to invest due to lack of money. They are interested in investing but don't have enough money. Those who don't have enough money to invest in Bitcoin. They should find a source of income and invest some amount of money in bitcoins after meeting household expenses.

AirtelBuzz

Activity: 210
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2023, 08:08:53 AM

I think Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA), method is the most recommended strategy for beginners because it is a systematic, progressive, and passive investment strategy.
Dollar-cost averaging (DCA) is a type of strategy in which investors regularly buy small amounts over a period of time as prices fluctuate. This type of approach will help traders to take entries at the right time, at the right price. Every time you invest using this (DCA) strategy, your dollar cost will be the same but the value of your invested tokens will always change.

Investing in the DCA method can be a valuable investment strategy for Bitcoin, but investing in the DCA method also has some drawbacks.
It is important for you to carefully weigh the pros and cons and decide which one works best for your own investment goals and risk tolerance

Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 08:19:04 AM

DCA approach can only be applied to bitcoin, this is because bitcoin has great potential and is likely to be more valuable with the timeline as long as you are in a long term investment. Another thing you should know is that DCA approach can be done by both the pleb and the rich which any amount even as low as $10. It depends on how much your income is and how you feel is best for you to start investing with.
So crazy how I see most people on the urge to DCA in shitcoins. I'm not impressed when I see such person as I feel they never bring out their time to learn more. Dcaing in shitcoins can be the worst investment strategy, questions needs to be asked if those shitcoins has a long continuity span in the market? If the project should Dip like that of Bitcoin is it possible to return back profits reaching a new All Time High?
And we should also ask ourselves if truly shitcoins is a long or short term investment, whereas I know shitcoins are for short term and DCAing is absolutely the ideal strategy for long term investment.

Shitcoins are useless and don't even deserve investing in because they are more like gamble and beginners don't need to distract themselves, talk more of DCAing on shitcoins. You don't need to look for any coin with big market capital, just invest in only bitcoin and DCA regularly with the amount that would be at ease with you after you have taken care of your monthly expenses and have made available your emergency funds.
Most people will find it much better to gamble with their portfolio as they feel they get better return than just doing the usual Buy and Hold or DCAing in Bitcoin. Not that they are afraid Bitcoin will crash someday but they lack patience and always look for quick profit. It is advisable to know which fits you before deciding to invest as more risked are involved with investing in shitcoins.

Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 786

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 01:35:43 PM

Just because you are planning to sell your bitcoin with hopes of buying back cheaper, that does not necessarily mean that your plan is a good idea, to the extent that we are even talking about those selling on the way up ideas, especially your insinuation of both selling a large quantity of your coins and also your suggesting that you can buy it back on the way down, supposedly.

Even if you find that others are thinking in the similar kinds of ways as you, that does not necessarily mean that those kinds of ideas are good or even in line with the theme of this thread, which surely is referring to holding BTC in the long term, rather than perhaps your 2-3 year plan or your plan that is less than 4 years, since you seem to be wanting to play the waves of the cycle, which does not even seem to be the kinds of things that many of us are talking about in this thread.  

So yeah, if you have been in bitcoin for maybe a bit more than a year as your forum registration shows, that may well indicate that you don't really appreciate the value of bitcoin as a longer term investment like someone who has been in bitcoin longer and who have held bitcoin longer and who have ended up benefiting quite stupendously from a compounding effect that comes from holding BTC over more than one cycle.. and yeah, sometimes you could end up getting some compounding effects from holding BTC within one cycle, yet how you going to know when to sell and when are you going to know when to buy back?  Your plan of selling most if not all of your BTC at some point (or maybe various points on the way up - supposedly at or near the top) does not really sound that great, even if we might try to suggest that the ideas of your plan could be in line with some of the ideas of this thread, which is questionable at best.
~Snip
That's right, it seems I still don't understand the actual concept of HODLing bitcoin. Because my thinking is still stuck in the four-year bitcoin cycle (halving) and also the bull market. However, in reality, long-term investors in bitcoin, who are HODLing bitcoin, do not seem to necessarily follow this cycle to sell their bitcoin assets. However, the main direction and goal is more towards the more distant future.

So basically long term bitcoin investors will probably continue buying bitcoin via DCA and HODL for a longer period of time. Apart from that, I was also reminded a little by you that investing in Bitcoin for the long term is not just about looking for profits. However, another important point is to maintain the value of the assets we own so that they are not eroded by inflation.

Then talking about my plans to sell bitcoin in the upcoming bull market, you could say I'm not a long-term investor. Because it's true that I bought bitcoin more or less a year ago. So, if for example I sell it in the upcoming bull market (2024-2025), that means I will only HODL bitcoin for approximately 2-3 years. This means that I am not a long-term investor, but a medium-term investor or I could also say a short-term investor. Because after I researched and studied again, it turns out that long-term investors always HODL their assets (bitcoin) for more than five years. So it looks like I have a lot to learn and understand more deeply about this. Because I don't understand the context of HODL bitcoin well.

What's important thing there is do what you want for your money since if you think you can't afford to hodl for a decade then maybe DCA is best for you but try to consider to save up some amount to test out what will be the result if you save up some amount intended for long years. If you want to ride with Bull and Bear then nothing is wrong with it since actually that's what other investor do they only speculate with bitcoin 4 year cycle since they just aim to earn when bullrun came and another ATH has been recorded on history of its existence.

For sure by consistent dealing up any market activities we are participating for sure we can figure out how to hodl and how to do other things that can possibly give us good result so much better if you continue what you do but don't forget to learn new things everyday since this could really help us became more better investor. And  we should not forget to have separate balance saved since remember that bitcoin has limited supply so we provably can see a huge increase if massive bitcoin adoption will happen since we could expect that demand will increase more higher.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
MusaPk

Activity: 630
Merit: 196

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2023, 04:41:36 PM

There is a famous saying "give a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.". Likewise, if we start thinking from our own brain then it might take some time to develop good critical thinking skills but once they are developed they will be with us for life. There is no use of following other advice or signalling group.
One need time and dedication to validate information that is at his disposal. Since there is lots of information floating around, we need to separate the real one from the garbage.
All this will help in developing skills that can judge whether the logic presented in the source (news) is valid or not. May be in start we get no good results but with time this approach will mature.
I heard what you said differently.  An older brother of mine used to say this saying, his morning was like helping with deeds rather than with money. If someone is helped with money, he will spend the money for a time and he will need money again and he will ask for help again. If he can be helped with an action, the action will earn money so that the person giving the advice will not need to be helped a second time. Although the word is short, this word has been used enough in every case. A new person expressed interest to know about investment or wanted to know about investment but we only discussed with him the positive aspects of investment only to weaken him towards investment so that he will enter into investment with wrong information or wrong idea.  

Before investing with an investor, one should discuss the financial situation after the investment. The new investor should be given a fair idea about the investment and although time consuming, the investment should be explained to him in such a way that he does not have to ask about it again later.

There is a government run program in my country (Pakistan) with name BISP. In that scheme government only give money to people who live beyond poverty line. Its now largely criticised that rather giving money to people, government must spend same amount on running training centres where people will learn some skills that will help them in the long run. That scheme so far was not successful in improving financial condition of people since they spend that money every month and wait for next month instalment.
In case of Bitcoin, its necessary to teach person how to rightly invest. If a person understand that what Bitcoin investment is and how to do it rightly then it will help him in the long term. Of course it will take time but once a person mind is matured then he can do it on its own without anyone assistance.
Every picture has two sides and you rightly said that we must tell both sides of Bitcoin to anyone we advising about. 

AirtelBuzz

Activity: 210
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2023, 05:54:26 PM

In case of Bitcoin, its necessary to teach person how to rightly invest. If a person understand that what Bitcoin investment is and how to do it rightly then it will help him in the long term. Of course it will take time but once a person mind is matured then he can do it on its own without anyone assistance.
Every picture has two sides and you rightly said that we must tell both sides of Bitcoin to anyone we advising about.  
Investing in Bitcoin is completely dependent on the investor.I think investing is by no means an easy matter. Those who are new to investing should have a clear understanding of several things.

For example, acquiring knowledge about investments.
If a newbie wants to invest in Bitcoin then first of all an investor needs to gain knowledge about this investment. An investor cannot be completely dependent on others. Investing in Bitcoin is, as always, a very sensitive matter.

Investing at the right time.
When we invest, many of us are in a hurry to invest, which may not be good for us at all. Again, many of us change investments frequently. But according to wise investors, it is better to invest with thought and time before investing.

Investment plan:
How much dollar amount are you looking to invest?
Where and how you invest,
What do you do if the investment goes down?
When do you withdraw money from investments, etc.
These are very simple and important points for new investors. But there are investors who ignore them and invest because they end up losing their investment.

If you understand the investment in this way, maybe the newbies can clearly understand and learn about the investment.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 08:35:52 PM

[edited out]

There can be accounting difficulties, tax consequences, third-party exposure and also just risk to not knowing when the top is in or knowing when to buy back, and many times we talked in this thread about putting yourself in a mentality in which you are not accumulating BTC and/or not seeing the value of accumulating BTC..

So yeah, you can try to play the waves, and maybe you will end up getting it kind of right.. but you might not, and sure part of the transformation of seeing value in bitcoin is to continue to hold it rather than considering how many hookers, lambo and blow you might get.. if we are referring consumption, or on the other hand if we are referring to investment to consider whether there actually are better places to put your value.

Sure, if you ONLY have bitcoin, then you would be more justified to be diversified into other assets when the bitcoin goes up in value, especially a if you have a lot of bitcoin relative to anything else that you might own...

and maybe you actually do not appreciate the UPward potential for bitcoin that would end up locking you out of being able to get as many bitcoin, if you are not sufficiently and/or adequately prepared... so in that sense, it could be dangerous to trade out of bitcoin, when it is amongst the best and most pristine assets of the world, if not the best.

Almost every asset has the problem of being eroded by inflation, even property and even gold, and part of the reason that gold is subject to the same inflation is because it has many paper forms in which it is difficult to take actual and immediate possession, as can be done with bitcoin, if you have not contracted away your rights to possess your bitcoin by leaving them with a third party custodian.

Then talking about my plans to sell bitcoin in the upcoming bull market, you could say I'm not a long-term investor.

It seems "long term" investor would have to be at least a whole cycle, which is 4 years, and most likely even longer than that, but there are some goals not to be overly exclusive in terms of trying to make such definitions... and think about it, if you are just trying to play the wave within any particular cycle, then how could you really be defining yourself as a "long term investor."

Because it's true that I bought bitcoin more or less a year ago. So, if for example I sell it in the upcoming bull market (2024-2025), that means I will only HODL bitcoin for approximately 2-3 years. This means that I am not a long-term investor, but a medium-term investor or I could also say a short-term investor.

Whatever you call yourself, you seem to be striving to be successful to play the wave within a cycle.

Because after I researched and studied again, it turns out that long-term investors always HODL their assets (bitcoin) for more than five years. So it looks like I have a lot to learn and understand more deeply about this. Because I don't understand the context of HODL bitcoin well.

Another aspect could be to plan to play the cycle with a certain percentage of your BTC stash, perhaps 50%, or less, and then let the other part of your BTC stash ride (in a lon- term investor kind of way), and yeah, if you are tempted by wanting to sell everything, then you might not even want to hold onto half of it, and so no one can really stop you from doing whatever you think is better for yourself and for your situation. .and you can see how well it plays out for you to get into a practice of trading rather than holding, or even getting into a mindset in which you feel that you need to do all or nothing rather than figuring out some kind of incremental way to attempt to build your BTC stash, if that might be what you are ultimately trying to achieve.  

Yeah, you might be thinking about bitcoin in terms of its dollar value, so you get nervous about losing dollar value when the BTC price goes into a correction, yet there are still meaningful and even valuable ways to consider modification of your approach so that you might still be able to shave off some of your profits, while letting the other portion ride.  Some longer term BTC HODLers got into such HODLing mindset because they had previously gotten burned by selling too much of the BTC stash too soon, and then they either did not know when to get back in after the BTC price dropped, or the BTC price did not end up dropping as they expected, and it became too stressful to be in and out of BTC rather than just choosing a position size that is comfortable and then just making sure to stay in bitcoin, which ends up being more comfortable, especially once you get used to holding bitcoin and also once you figure out a position size (of BTC hodling) that is sufficiently comfortable for you..

Like a person who is investing in Bitcoin from 5 to 6 years I am sure he/s will be in profit at this time if he/s using the DCA method and still doing that. Or if he/s will continue for more 5 to 6 years so he/s will be in more profit.

Pretty much every time period is now profitable for any person who had been consistently DCAing, an of course, the longer, the better in terms of BTC accumulation.

Sometimes based on personal circumstances, cash flow circumstances or just getting caught up in the BTC (FOMO) hype, people will end up investing more into BTC (in kind of lump sum ways) at certain times, so there could be cases in which a person invested way more into BTC at the top of BTC prices in 2021, so then that person may well end up still being in the negative because they are having to make up for their having had front loaded their BTC investment at times that ended up being higher prices than they are currently.   Those kinds of mistakes do sometimes end up happening, and maybe some of those kinds of persons might end up DCA investing into bitcoin 3-4 years (or even more) before they finally start getting into profits.  Of course, no matter what there are not any guarantees that your BTC portfolio will end up in profits, even though many of us have certain levels of confidence that bitcoin is amongst the best of investments currently available, if not the best investment, and because of our assessment of bitcoin, we continue to buy into it, even if it might take a while for our holdings to get into profits (an might not ever get into profits if something ends up negativing bitcoin's positive investment thesis).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
liuka

Activity: 813
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 08:45:13 PM

Investing in Bitcoin is completely dependent on the investor.I think investing is by no means an easy matter. Those who are new to investing should have a clear understanding of several things.

For example, acquiring knowledge about investments.
If a newbie wants to invest in Bitcoin then first of all an investor needs to gain knowledge about this investment. An investor cannot be completely dependent on others. Investing in Bitcoin is, as always, a very sensitive matter.

Investing at the right time.
When we invest, many of us are in a hurry to invest, which may not be good for us at all. Again, many of us change investments frequently. But according to wise investors, it is better to invest with thought and time before investing.

Investment plan:
How much dollar amount are you looking to invest?
Where and how you invest,
What do you do if the investment goes down?
When do you withdraw money from investments, etc.
These are very simple and important points for new investors. But there are investors who ignore them and invest because they end up losing their investment.

If you understand the investment in this way, maybe the newbies can clearly understand and learn about the investment.
Everyone can easily learn investment practices because they can buy Bitcoin and hold it for a long period. I see the points that you have listed and all of them really need to be thought about by newcomers to investing in Bitcoin because they need to organize every plan in making an investment. At the level of profit taking maybe it's not something that should be thought about early because it will bother them when the price rises a few percent.

Another point that may be quite interesting is the financial management stage involved in investing in bitcoin. They must organize well for the smooth running of the investments they make. On this principle they must continue to make purchases by allocating a few percent of their money each month because if they are consistent in managing purchases then they can focus on holding in the long term.
JoyMarsha

Activity: 812
Merit: 351

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 09:20:15 PM
Merited by Ruttoshi (3)

Given that some shitcoin has a large market capitalization, why would someone find himself DCAing on shitcoin because of that? Are they intending to benefit handsomely from shitcoin that is unable to withstand the bear market that drives the majority of them out of the crypto space? It is regrettable that some investors still think investing in shitcoin is a better option than bitcoin due to its high cost and lack of short-term profit potential.

Ladies.de███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LadiesStars
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 09:40:35 PM

Everyone can easily learn investment practices because they can buy Bitcoin and hold it for a long period. I see the points that you have listed and all of them really need to be thought about by newcomers to investing in Bitcoin because they need to organize every plan in making an investment. At the level of profit taking maybe it's not something that should be thought about early because it will bother them when the price rises a few percent.

Another point that may be quite interesting is the financial management stage involved in investing in bitcoin. They must organize well for the smooth running of the investments they make. On this principle they must continue to make purchases by allocating a few percent of their money each month because if they are consistent in managing purchases then they can focus on holding in the long term.
Not only just on crypto investment but also into those traditional investment as well if we do speak about being organized and well searched and having those plans that had been set out. You cant really just that simply dive in without having those preparations on which we know that it is something that cant really be that easily attained in short time. This is why it would be always best that you should come up with a plan whenever you do have that interest on dealing up with these things in the first place. Now going back into Bitcoin investment then it would be just that normal that people would really be having those kind of approach on securing out their profits even on small % gains on which i dont see anything wrong with that, if you do know on how to scalp or hedge with these movements in the market then its good but
only a few do really be able to know or capable on doing so.In overall in regarding about buying low and selling high thing then it would be just basing on what are your goals and targets.

Thing here is that you should really know on when to get in and when to get out no matter what condition it would be. It is really just that there are people who are really that optimistic
when it comes to things on which they would really be that anticipating or expecting too much on something that cant easily happen out.
Tons of factors which could affect when we do speak about profitability.

ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
December 20, 2023, 10:01:34 PM

Pretty much every time period is now profitable for any person who had been consistently DCAing, an of course, the longer, the better in terms of BTC accumulation..
That's quite right, sir, because the longer we stay in Bitcoin, the more confidence we have in continuing to hold Bitcoin. Those who continue to procrastinate will regret it later as we have seen in many threads where the regrets are about those who are not able to hold on to Bitcoin ownership for long and also the regrets they express for always delaying buying Bitcoin. Time flies so fast and unexpectedly we are already at the end of 2023 and for those who have continued to accumulate bitcoins from the beginning of the year, of course this is the annual closure of their portfolio in 1 year.

In this way, the opportunity can be utilized as best as possible to continue buying dips and holding in the long term.
Of course we are all waiting for Bitcoin prices to fall further to be able to accumulate bitcoin more aggressively. And being able to do it regularly with DCA is the best way we can accumulate Bitcoins. Don't underestimate Bitcoin because Bitcoin is an asset that performs quite well and interest in it continues to increase and it will be one of the goals of all people to own Bitcoin someday. The earlier the better, so that time is quite valuable and can be utilized by people who are really serious about carrying out their investments.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Churchillvv

Activity: 392
Merit: 166

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2023, 01:31:37 AM

Given that some shitcoin has a large market capitalization, why would someone find himself DCAing on shitcoin because of that? Are they intending to benefit handsomely from shitcoin that is unable to withstand the bear market that drives the majority of them out of the crypto space? It is regrettable that some investors still think investing in shitcoin is a better option than bitcoin due to its high cost and lack of short-term profit potential.
Bitcoin itself is already enough stress why would someone want to multiple the stress by venturing into shitcoins that are mostly sponsored by some pump and dump group in order to reap off and crash the coin.

Is there any investor that still thinks any of the shitcoins is better than bitcoin? may be it's just a joke that shitcoin is better than bitcoin because I don't see anyone who really is into crypto that doesn't know what Bitcoin is, hence comparing with shitcoins. Even people who don't know much about cryptocurrencies in general still knows that Bitcoin is the real deal.

I'm still trying to find that Altcoin that is worth DCAing into because absolutely I see only Bitcoin both in price and performance as the coin that can be accumulated with DCA properly. how much does this shitcoins worth that anyone will be DCAing into them or how long does this shitcoins last?

Well, I wouldn't stop an adult from making his or her decision but in whatsoever you (the so called person) do, don't come back regretting or crying out how you lost your money. based on my little know one can buy this shitcoins when you have a certain amount of Bitcoin accumulated and at least it should be less that 1% or your investment in Bitcoin.

Gallar

Activity: 616
Merit: 291

View Profile
December 21, 2023, 03:48:53 AM

~Snip

What's important thing there is do what you want for your money since if you think you can't afford to hodl for a decade then maybe DCA is best for you but try to consider to save up some amount to test out what will be the result if you save up some amount intended for long years. If you want to ride with Bull and Bear then nothing is wrong with it since actually that's what other investor do they only speculate with bitcoin 4 year cycle since they just aim to earn when bullrun came and another ATH has been recorded on history of its existence.

For sure by consistent dealing up any market activities we are participating for sure we can figure out how to hodl and how to do other things that can possibly give us good result so much better if you continue what you do but don't forget to learn new things everyday since this could really help us became more better investor. And  we should not forget to have separate balance saved since remember that bitcoin has limited supply so we provably can see a huge increase if massive bitcoin adoption will happen since we could expect that demand will increase more higher.

Persisting and remaining consistent with what I want regarding Bitcoin investment results, will definitely be my priority. Because after all, I already had intentions and plans regarding this since I decided to buy bitcoin. However, it is not impossible for me to change plans for certain reasons. Because perhaps my initial intentions and goals when investing in Bitcoin were less effective or less than optimal. However, for now I will definitely continue to do DCA on bitcoin, before the bull market arrives and when the bull market is underway, I will most likely pause the DCA that I usually do. Because if the market is bullish, I think it is very likely that the price of bitcoin will definitely be above. So I decided to pause DCA. Although basically what I do is different from the DCA scheme which doesn't really prioritize the rise and fall of prices when entering and buying. But in my opinion, this decision is not too bad to consider.

Because if you look at the history of the bitcoin halving and bullish market in the last few years, after bitcoin reached its ATH, after that the bitcoin price experienced a correction first. Well, maybe during the halving period or more precisely in the upcoming bull market, I will take a break from DCA and will start again after Bitcoin experiences a correction. Although I don't know yet whether the correction will go down much or not. However, when Bitcoin experiences a correction, I will definitely decide to DCA again, even though the correction is not too far, or even doesn't go down at all.

And if in the next bull market, bitcoin reaches a high price(ATH), I will most likely sell 50% of my bitcoin to take some profit. Initially I wanted to sell 100% of the bitcoin assets I owned. However, from this discussion I gained a new understanding and perspective regarding HODLing bitcoin. Therefore I will not do that. Because it would be a shame if all the bitcoin assets I have collected so far (DCA) are completely sold and I will start from zero again.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2023, 04:20:09 AM

First of all you don't need any money to plan investment you think you don't have money now but you will definitely have money in future and then you can invest in Bitcoin for long term. Even if you don't have money now, you can try to get an idea about investing now. You try to get an idea in advance about how strong you need to be mentally or how much financial risk you have to take when investing in long-term plans.  
Investing will be much easier for you when you know about such things in advance when it comes to keeping your investment for a long time.  
People plan about something when they have money to accomplish it. Before building a house when we have enough money to build a house but we plan how to build a house but if we don't have enough money but it is our dream that one day we will build a house. Planning about something and getting ideas about something are two different things. An investor will plan to invest only when he has money to invest. If he doesn't have money to invest, if he dreams of investing then he can get idea about investment which will help him in later investment. The more a person knows about any subject, the more it benefits him because there is no end to knowledge, the more people know, the more people will master that subject.

As you said that you don't have enough money to invest and the amount of money you have is for running your family but I will tell you that you need to accumulate a lot of money to invest but not talking. You can start investing in your long-term plans with the money left over from household expenses. You may think that investing a small amount of money can be profitable, but when you invest this small amount for a long time, your idea will change.  
It can definitely be a good idea for new investors. You have made it easy for the new investor where a new investor thinks he needs to manage enough money to invest. Here you have explained well how a new investor should start investing. If an investor is able to initiate the investment, then investing later on will act as a responsibility for him. Just as he considers it his responsibility to manage the family, once he starts investing, he also considers it his responsibility to consistently increase his investment. Nothing should be done in a hurry, it is better to do it slowly.

From the way you describe your finances, I assume you have at least $10 left over at the end of the month after family expenses, which is enough to invest. If minimum 10 dollars can be invested regularly then after five to seven years your total investment amount will be much higher and I believe when you start investing you will not invest 10 dollars every month but you can invest more amount then.

People's financial condition is not always the same, maybe your financial condition may be bad now but your financial condition will be better in future so start investing from now and keep doing consistently when you have more money you can increase your investment amount.
For those who earn relatively more money, $10 to $20 may not matter, but if those who work in a tea shop are asked about their need for $10 to $20 at the end of the month, they can very well say that they need $10 to $20 at the end of the month. A tea vendor on the sidewalk sells tea to 10 to 20 people and earns one dollar, it would be wrong to say that he earns one dollar because he sells tea for one dollar and here he has some expenses and a small amount of profit apart from the expenses. If a person who sells tea on the sidewalk is asked to invest $10 to $20 at the end of the month, then this $10 to $20 will be the highest investment for him and he will make this investment with great hope.  
What I feel is that no action is small and no amount to invest is small with any amount an investor can start his investment.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: