Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:59:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 81790 times)
Samlucky O

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2024, 12:20:02 AM

OK, the DIP is coming and it's NOW the time for YOU to PAY ATTENTION. For those who employ a DCA strategy, it's probably a good decision to start making your purchases bigger. For those who employ a Buy the DIP strategy, start placing your bids NOW. Currently, the 200-Weekly Simple Moving Average is at $34,200. Will it touch that line again? Probably not, but near that line has always been a good buying opportunity.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bitcoin bounced back to $56500 today creating a substantial opportunity for Bitcoin investors. As Bitcoin broke the $60,000 line and dropped to the $56,000 line, Bitcoin may fall to $50,000, making it a good time to invest for Bitcoin investors. For those who invest using the Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) method, this is considered a dip market enough to invest in.
This was my anticipation yesterday, i was triggered to invest yesterday when the price dip to $56k because to me that was the only time I could buy such dip again since btc has already hit the ATH of $75k and fall below $60k to about $56k I knowby the time it would reach the ATH again or above, my stash would have increased. Btc is so important that any slighted opportunity should not be left unused otherwise the next minute it becomes something of regret.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10303

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 03:47:33 AM

[edited out]
Diversification can be a tricky idea for newbies making them feel that theu have better luck for progress or to be rich by putting their eggs in several basket but also making them forget that the more you invest the more profit you should expect if eventually the asset does well, when it comes to bitcoint its has become so obvious that if you don't have a good stash or have not accumulated enough bitcoin then you should bother less about any price increase.

I am not sure if you are saying that correctly... because sometimes for newbies diversification is a kind of security blanket of not really knowing what they are investing into, and so yeah, sure most people don't know, and even people who invest into bitcoin, sometimes do not really know, so even though some of us might say to stop fucking around with shitcoins, there can be a perception that the bitcoiners are biased and we are merely pumping our bags.. .. so there is some kind of need to build some kind of a conviction in regards to the asset in which we are investing, so frequently if there is doubt about bitcoin, then there is going to be receptivity to both the shitcoin talking points, but also shitcoiners will also frequently be pushing the benefits of diversifying just in case bitcoin does not work or that some of the shitcoins might perform better than bitcoin and/or various other talking points, which frequently will sound convincing to a newbie.. including the "need to have an open mind".

And what those that think about diversification too early forgets to consider is if they can handle diversification, yeah surely there are some persons that are already well built in terms of finance and have enough money to both funds investing in bitcoin and another asset without cheating his bitcoin investment and there is also another that has only enough for one asset and if he tries to diversify would end up cheating bitcoin, and surely people tend to forget that the game of getting rich is all about concentration in the sence i mean having enough in one asset that would be able to generate profits for you and then you can use that profit to build other asset.

I agree.  It is better for people who are starting out with a relatively small amount to build one first before adding anything else, and there likely is no rush to add anything else, but there may be some need to balance cash amounts with the bitcoin amounts in order to figure out levels of aggressiveness in regards to how fast to attempt to accumulate a sizable bitcoin position... and yeah, some folks might not have options to establish a sizable position in less than 5 years and some of them might take closer to 10 years before they start to feel they start to need to diversify... but yeah, a person can become more informed about himself and his preferences to diversify while he is building his bitcoin investment.. and he might not know exactly in advance when he is going to start to feel needs to spread out his investments a bit more.

IMO while diversification may be good it's not the best for anyone just starting out his bitcoin investment cause he should only focus on having enough bitcoin to prepare for up and then if it goes well he woul ld have enough to build other asset.

Sure.. There are going to be questions (or calculations) regarding how much he puts into the investment and then how much the investment grows (if at all).. so the amount of growth in the investment could also affect his decision in regards to how to treat it or whether to reallocate or to let it ride or even whether to put new cash into bitcoin versus perhaps identifying some other place to put new cash in order to feel more comfortable.

Initially I had a lot of trouble to understand about such investments and DCA investments but after regularly watching the discussions in this section and working according to those discussions, I now understand the concepts of DCA investments very clearly. I am investing in DCA investment method and continue to invest and I hope that in the future I will definitely learn something good from the discussions of JayJuanGee who regularly discuss in this section and my ideas will be more clear.

Sure you might be learning from reading, but if you are actually actively trying to put the DCA and other money management ideas into action including figuring out your own budget and making sure that you do not overly spend your discretionary income, then you are likely going to learn a lot more by putting these kinds of ideas into practice and seeing how it works for you, and surely some folks should be making sure that they start out with small amounts so that they realize that they are not going to have access to that invested money for 4-10 years or longer, and so as they get used to setting aside such money, then they might start to feel more comfortable to increase the amounts and it might not be as shocking if they have already gotten used to the idea of not dipping into their investment and just continuing to add to it, whether it is currently in profits or not.

OK, the DIP is coming and it's NOW the time for YOU to PAY ATTENTION. For those who employ a DCA strategy, it's probably a good decision to start making your purchases bigger. For those who employ a Buy the DIP strategy, start placing your bids NOW. Currently, the 200-Weekly Simple Moving Average is at $34,200. Will it touch that line again? Probably not, but near that line has always been a good buying opportunity.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, the 200-WMA currently is moving up at a pace that is right around 40% per year, and so it can slow down in its appreciation rate or it can go up faster if the BTC price goes up faster, and so for sure the BTC spot price is going to get close to the 200-WMA again and perhaps even go below it, yet it is difficult to expect the BTC spot price to get within 25% above the 200-WMA or lower within the next 12-18 months.. (even though right at this moment, the BTC price is ONLY around 68% higher than the 200-WMA - see here).

Never say never, but we should be careful in terms of any kind of overexpectations in regards to BTC price correction that might not end up going as low as we might expect them to go.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 06:35:24 AM

I've  been following  up the recent posts by investors, I noticed it's  mainly on the  DIP in the market and I come into conclusion  that  most of this investors are short term investors and not to confuse them as holders, they are investing  just to get their short term ROI  probably in hurry to get into the bull run profits.

I've  said this in one of my comments  recently that this current dip is what really separate  short term investors and long-term investors,  one group sees it as a means of getting more opportunities,  the other group see it as a loss, the way you see it judges your category Cheesy.

Thus, this is the main reason we will continue  to experience  dip until  the price is finally corrected (so we cannot really force them to hold we can only advice them to Hold  ) Smiley.

When we finally enter the bull run, we will be having another old+new short-term investors and as well as long term investors (maybe new entries) coming back to the game and the FOMO will definitely increase , it just the tradition  Smiley.

Yes your not far from the truth, same way I evaluate how most of the investor is nagging over the dip majority is short time investors because their main objective is to target the bull run coming soon in the first quarter, because anyone who is long time will not advice investor to buy as much as because if one invest all his money in buying why targeting to hold for Long time it will not work because many life challenges is unforseen there is a limit you need advice investor to buy even at the point of dip weather you have saved emergency fund one should not over invest because it will leads to inability to hold for Long time as you will be running out of cash within a short time below your investment period.

The best is to buy what you can afford at this moment and subsequent time you continue correction will not end only on this but will gradually occur untill ATH is attained , a well planned investor can find a way out to be a cumulating gradually instead of using the dip to spend all your money within a short time you sell of why your target is for Long time holding it's unwise planning.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Barikui1

Activity: 210
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 07:24:29 AM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bitcoin bounced back to $56500 today creating a substantial opportunity for Bitcoin investors. As Bitcoin broke the $60,000 line and dropped to the $56,000 line, Bitcoin may fall to $50,000, making it a good time to invest for Bitcoin investors. For those who invest using the Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) method, this is considered a dip market enough to invest in.

Though it's actually true that the price of Bitcoin can drop even further, considering the market sentiment, but as an investor that we are, I don't really think it's necessary analysing the market before we start buying, because every time is an opportunity to invest in Bitcoin, and as an investor that is accumulating Bitcoin through the DCA accumulating strategy, you are actually going to be the most benefactor because at some point during the accumulate journey, you may buy the lowest part of the deep, and even decide to buy aggressively during that period that the price was very down, as long as it doesn't affect you in financing your your day to day activities, but for those that are waiting only to buy at the deep, they are definitely going to miss a whole lot of buying opportunities, because the kind of deep they may be waiting for may not come again, so it's best to buy now.

And lastly, as a long term investor that we are, it's actually pointless paying too much attention to the price of Bitcoin every now and then, though it's very difficult to do, the best way to hold is for you to focus more on accumulating Bitcoin and stop paying too much attention to your current stash of holding, so that you won't be tempted to temper with it at some point.

Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 07:57:15 AM

Dipppp this is what most of us as been waiting for this is an glorious opportunity to purchase or Stash more Bitcoin in yah portfolio and HODL,  by now alot of folks will be in the state of panicking which won't do any good . While those of us that understand Bitcoin and it's potential will take grab this opportunity to buy more expecially those no coiners and low coiners, this is the time to increase the rate of your accumulation, be as aggressive as you can so that when the bull run begins you will also smile and testify Like others.
You are right that this is a good opportunity to accumulate bitcoin because the price is low at the moment, but we should be careful how we use the word aggressive so that those who are new to bitcoin investment do not aggressively buy bitcoin with all their money. Since I'm accumulating bitcoin for the long term and will not be selling it in the coming bull market, I will stick to my DCA strategy so that I will be able to solve my unforeseen problems whenever they arise. But that doesn't stop the investors, who have enough liquidity, from seizing this opportunity and purchasing more bitcoin at a low price.

If you have savings then you should not invest with full money, as the price of bitcoin is going down a lot in the current market so investing at this time will definitely bring success in investment. Preparing for a bull market now is the best time to grow your investment by investing regularly. As the Dip is currently underway, investing in Bitcoin now should wait.

I wonder why you would suggest for people to stop investing on Bitcoin now just because of the price drop, however it seems you are expecting more serious dip before you can invest, actually is a very wrong idea because this could cost you to miss accumulating Bitcoin while you can also one of the things you should also understand about Bitcoin is that you can hardly predict it movements because right now it may seem bearish but the next moment it will start increasing, so don't misunderstand the Bitcoin price movement now to become more dipper, so the early you start accumulating Bitcoin the better chance you would have.

I think what he mean is all of their money since its not really advisable to do since instead of you will be fine even if the market collapsed you will get panic on situation since all of your money is there and get afraid for certain possibilities that you have a chance to lose. Much advisable to invest only the amount you afford to lose since any situation will occur for sure will be tolerable to the investor since this is just the spare money used for investment and they can focus on their goals since there's nothing to worry about on some situations currently happening in the market.

Right now instead of getting panic on the dump people can continue to accumulate since their aim is for long term and not for short term trades. If they got afraid for sure they will be the loser in the long run.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bestcoins1

Activity: 2226
Merit: 722

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 08:18:07 AM

This was my anticipation yesterday, i was triggered to invest yesterday when the price dip to $56k because to me that was the only time I could buy such dip again since btc has already hit the ATH of $75k and fall below $60k to about $56k I knowby the time it would reach the ATH again or above, my stash would have increased. Btc is so important that any slighted opportunity should not be left unused otherwise the next minute it becomes something of regret.
You have done quite the right thing by buying Bitcoin at that price after seeing the ATH range on Bitcoin this year. This means that you really make quite good decisions and carry them out quite seriously because when you consider Bitcoin it is a very important thing. Of course, it is quite common for you to take advantage of current opportunities which may still be underestimated by some people who don't really know about Bitcoin. Keep buying before Bitcoin returns to $60K this year because ATH on Bitcoin could happen twice this year.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Marvelockg

Activity: 182
Merit: 124

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 08:56:53 AM

Dipppp this is what most of us as been waiting for this is an glorious opportunity to purchase or Stash more Bitcoin in yah portfolio and HODL,  by now alot of folks will be in the state of panicking which won't do any good . While those of us that understand Bitcoin and it's potential will take grab this opportunity to buy more expecially those no coiners and low coiners, this is the time to increase the rate of your accumulation, be as aggressive as you can so that when the bull run begins you will also smile and testify Like others.
You are right that this is a good opportunity to accumulate bitcoin because the price is low at the moment, but we should be careful how we use the word aggressive so that those who are new to bitcoin investment do not aggressively buy bitcoin with all their money. Since I'm accumulating bitcoin for the long term and will not be selling it in the coming bull market, I will stick to my DCA strategy so that I will be able to solve my unforeseen problems whenever they arise. But that doesn't stop the investors, who have enough liquidity, from seizing this opportunity and purchasing more bitcoin at a low price.

If you have savings then you should not invest with full money, as the price of bitcoin is going down a lot in the current market so investing at this time will definitely bring success in investment. Preparing for a bull market now is the best time to grow your investment by investing regularly. As the Dip is currently underway, investing in Bitcoin now should wait.

I wonder why you would suggest for people to stop investing on Bitcoin now just because of the price drop, however it seems you are expecting more serious dip before you can invest, actually is a very wrong idea because this could cost you to miss accumulating Bitcoin while you can also one of the things you should also understand about Bitcoin is that you can hardly predict it movements because right now it may seem bearish but the next moment it will start increasing, so don't misunderstand the Bitcoin price movement now to become more dipper, so the early you start accumulating Bitcoin the better chance you would have.

I think what he mean is all of their money since its not really advisable to do since instead of you will be fine even if the market collapsed you will get panic about the situation since all of your money is there and get afraid of certain possibilities that you have a chance to lose. Much advisable to invest only the amount you afford to lose since any situation that will occur for sure will be tolerable to the investor since this is just the spare money used for investment  and they can focus on their goals since there's nothing to worry about on some situations currently happening in the market.
How will you be able to increase the quantity of your stack when your plan is to invest an amount you can afford to lose? It doesn't sound right that you're buying an asset like Bitcoin with the mindset that you might loose your investment in the process and giving you the idea that it's best you invest so small such that if you loose in the process it wouldn't affect you. That mentality is only going to hinder you from attempting to invest above 5% to 10% of your income and that in itself means you're just gambling and don't understand what's the prospect of Bitcoin. Investing into Bitcoin isn't gambling that's a 50/50 thing and that's why Bitcoin entosiast like micro strategy still buys the amount of Bitcoin they are currently buying. Do you think they are buying at such pace and with such amount because they want to loose as high high $13.6B worth of Bitcoin? Once you're talking about investing with the fear of a possible market collapse  then it goes to show you can't invest inti bitcoin for the long run and that any correction you see with look like a threat that will tend to give you the impression of pulling out your asset.

Right now instead of getting panic on the dump people can continue to accumulate since their aim is for the long term and not for short-term trades. If they got afraid for sure they would be the loser in the long run.
this period is obviously in line with the statement that Everytime is the best time to buy BTC and the DIP is even the better time to buy more. although $57k isn't all that DIP and for most people that are buying there BTC using the DCA methord, it doesn't make a big difference if the market is getting bullish or bearish since you've already set out an amount that will regularly go into your weekly or monthly DCA and would have to continue in your stacking regardless of the market trend but if the resource is available, correction like this presents a perfect opportunity to buy more. But you know that if the amount you're using for your weekly or monthly DCA isn't much, regardless of wether Bitcoin is at $57k or $80k, you aren't really on a big advantage that much since what's really a major factor that determines if you're in profit or that determines if buying at certain DIPs will put you in good profit is that you've bought more BTC at such time.

Jewan420

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 09:33:12 AM

You have done quite the right thing by buying Bitcoin at that price after seeing the ATH range on Bitcoin this year. This means that you really make quite good decisions and carry them out quite seriously because when you consider Bitcoin it is a very important thing. Of course, it is quite common for you to take advantage of current opportunities which may still be underestimated by some people who don't really know about Bitcoin. Keep buying before Bitcoin returns to $60K this year because ATH on Bitcoin could happen twice this year.

This is a very important time to buy Bitcoin for those who are used to buying on the dip. Bitcoin is currently worth $57k+ around $60k. I see an opportunity to buy Bitcoin below $60k. Because, its value is constantly increasing. But it is also a great opportunity for those who deposit Bitcoins with DCA method, because the amount of Bitcoins purchased at $100 a few days ago can be purchased at $100 more than today. That means you will be able to accumulate more bitcoins during this time.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
JiiBs

Activity: 112
Merit: 57

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 10:30:35 AM

You have done quite the right thing by buying Bitcoin at that price after seeing the ATH range on Bitcoin this year. This means that you really make quite good decisions and carry them out quite seriously because when you consider Bitcoin it is a very important thing.
For an asset that had price way up above $73k in about a month ago in which, volatility is known to be a part of its natural occurrences and the idea that these prices are beaten from time to time, I think even nee investors with these ideas have little reason to worry about buying, especially when we find price fall below the $60k price index. While knowledge might affect most of our decision making, there is room to ask questions on the forum, even if you wouldn’t be directly asked to buy as, no one wants to be binned by an idea which could be altered by the supposed investor and then look for whom to lay blames on, you’ve got the forum for enquiry, looking up popular/unpopular used strategies and how users hedge against various situations.

This really should make buying Bitcoin much easier than buying some assets out there.

Note: Just a small piece of information I find to be inaccurate at Samlucky O. Bitcoin haven’t hit the $75k price yet. It’s ATH is around $73k. You can verify that and we could as well try to spread the right information, although $75k isn’t far off but, it’s none existent at this time.
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 10:59:06 AM

Dipppp this is what most of us as been waiting for this is an glorious opportunity to purchase or Stash more Bitcoin in yah portfolio and HODL,  by now alot of folks will be in the state of panicking which won't do any good . While those of us that understand Bitcoin and it's potential will take grab this opportunity to buy more expecially those no coiners and low coiners, this is the time to increase the rate of your accumulation, be as aggressive as you can so that when the bull run begins you will also smile and testify Like others.

I think what he mean is all of their money since its not really advisable to do since instead of you will be fine even if the market collapsed you will get panic about the situation since all of your money is there and get afraid of certain possibilities that you have a chance to lose. Much advisable to invest only the amount you afford to lose since any situation that will occur for sure will be tolerable to the investor since this is just the spare money used for investment   and they can focus on their goals since there's nothing to worry about on some situations currently happening in the market.
How will you be able to increase the quantity of your stack when your plan is to invest an amount you can afford to lose? It doesn't sound right that you're buying an asset like Bitcoin with the mindset that you might loose your investment in the process and giving you the idea that it's best you invest so small such that if you loose in the process it wouldn't affect you. That mentality is only going to hinder you from attempting to invest above 5% to 10% of your income and that in itself means you're just gambling and don't understand what's the prospect of Bitcoin. Investing into Bitcoin isn't gambling that's a 50/50 thing and that's why Bitcoin entosiast like micro strategy still buys the amount of Bitcoin they are currently buying. Do you think they are buying at such pace and with such amount because they want to loose as high high $13.6B worth of Bitcoin? Once you're talking about investing with the fear of a possible market collapse  then it goes to show you can't invest inti bitcoin for the long run and that any correction you see with look like a threat that will tend to give you the impression of pulling out your asset.

It doesn't mean you spend only the amount you can afford to lose is you only spend small amounts on your investment. Remember each of us have different financial capabilities and what maybe big to to you is just small amount for other people. And also remember that even if those people will use small amount still they can increase their balances to grow more if they continue to accumulate on certain period of time. But what I can say here is don't spend all your money because you have a huge chance to get burned and always left something for emergency also for your other needs so everything you want to do will became smooth and you are stress free by doing those things. But if you feel comfortable with your plans then be it. Stick on what plans you set but don't expect that all people will follow you since everyone have different risk management and its important to consider such thing to avoid committing mistakes, since we can able to do some counteractions if there's something unexpected came since we have extra funds to spend compare if put all earlier which can possibly give us some bad effects on long run.

But what's important at the end of the day is we have the same goal on our investment.  Cheesy

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1834

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 11:30:19 AM

My fellow plebs, another indicator that might help give you more confidence in buying the DIP is the Bid/Ask Ratio. I personally haven't seen what the ratio currently is right now, but with the post-halving + post-ETF approval market conditions, the ratio would probably more positive than negative during this DIP. Cool

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, the 200-WMA currently is moving up at a pace that is right around 40% per year, and so it can slow down in its appreciation rate or it can go up faster if the BTC price goes up faster, and so for sure the BTC spot price is going to get close to the 200-WMA again and perhaps even go below it, yet it is difficult to expect the BTC spot price to get within 25% above the 200-WMA or lower within the next 12-18 months.. (even though right at this moment, the BTC price is ONLY around 68% higher than the 200-WMA - see here).

Never say never, but we should be careful in terms of any kind of overexpectations in regards to BTC price correction that might not end up going as low as we might expect them to go.

I was merely mentioning it as a guide for newbies who want to start HODLing. DCA at the current price = Good. But "IF" Bitcoin crashes down to that line or go below it TODAY = throw DCA out of the window and get as much cash as you can and buy Bitcoin.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Troytech

Activity: 168
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 11:43:39 AM

[edited out]
Diversification can be a tricky idea for newbies making them feel that theu have better luck for progress or to be rich by putting their eggs in several basket but also making them forget that the more you invest the more profit you should expect if eventually the asset does well, when it comes to bitcoint its has become so obvious that if you don't have a good stash or have not accumulated enough bitcoin then you should bother less about any price increase.

I am not sure if you are saying that correctly... because sometimes for newbies diversification is a kind of security blanket of not really knowing what they are investing into, and so yeah, sure most people don't know, and even people who invest into bitcoin, sometimes do not really know, so even though some of us might say to stop fucking around with shitcoins, there can be a perception that the bitcoiners are biased and we are merely pumping our bags.. .. so there is some kind of need to build some kind of a conviction in regards to the asset in which we are investing, so frequently if there is doubt about bitcoin, then there is going to be receptivity to both the shitcoin talking points, but also shitcoiners will also frequently be pushing the benefits of diversifying just in case bitcoin does not work or that some of the shitcoins might perform better than bitcoin and/or various other talking points, which frequently will sound convincing to a newbie.. including the "need to have an open mind".

Your very right, ideas of early diversification usually sprout up from uncertainty or disbelief on the asset they are investing into and in this case bitcoin, many people might not even know what bitcoin is or even have a sence of worth for its Value or be able to differentiate it from a shitcoin and approach it likewise so there could be this snece of wanting to diversify into other asset to be safe incase bitcoin doesn't do well or to also use shitcoins as a recovery incase bitcoin doesn't do well.

The best way to fix this kind of mentality If for newbies to come to have a conviction on bitcoin themselves and the vest way is to get started accumulating bitcoin and get to understand how bitcoin works.
Why this is important is cause if theu remain prone to disbelief they would always be open to shity talks about bitcoin and to invest in bitcoin and also they would not not be able to have rest investing in bitcoin cause they would always want safety or even consider using ETF vehicles or if they can't afford diversification they start to panic under small news or keeping close eye on their investment and this could also hinder how much they can invest in bitcoin.
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 224
Merit: 111

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 01:01:52 PM

I was merely mentioning it as a guide for newbies who want to start HODLing. DCA at the current price = Good. But "IF" Bitcoin crashes down to that line or go below it TODAY = throw DCA out of the window and get as much cash as you can and buy Bitcoin.
Basically the DCA is more advisable for anyone that on a salary payroll or your income comes in a specified interval but for anyone that have a lot of money that they have accumulated for long the DCA will not be necessary for them at an intensed DIP but the lump sum is what is needed at that particular time but in subsequent purchase of Bitcoin they can choose to apply the DCA so if the price dips further than this then it will be a very good advantage to buy huge and you can even decide to forget about the DCA yet and use any income you have to settle some real life projects and needs so that on know account will you touch your holdings then watch your investment in Bitcoin grow as time goes.

Spaceman1000$

Activity: 532
Merit: 166

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 01:59:47 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though it's actually true that the price of Bitcoin can drop even further, considering the market sentiment, but as an investor that we are, I don't really think it's necessary analysing the market before we start buying, because every time is an opportunity to invest in Bitcoin, and as an investor that is accumulating Bitcoin through the DCA accumulating strategy, you are actually going to be the most benefactor because at some point during the accumulate journey, you may buy the lowest part of the deep, and even decide to buy aggressively during that period that the price was very down, as long as it doesn't affect you in financing your your day to day activities, but for those that are waiting only to buy at the deep, they are definitely going to miss a whole lot of buying opportunities, because the kind of deep they may be waiting for may not come again, so it's best to buy now.

And lastly, as a long term investor that we are, it's actually pointless paying too much attention to the price of Bitcoin every now and then, though it's very difficult to do, the best way to hold is for you to focus more on accumulating Bitcoin and stop paying too much attention to your current stash of holding, so that you won't be tempted to temper with it at some point.
Funny enough the DCA method is not only for when there is a dip, it's a method that allows you accumulate no matter the price range, There is no doubt about the fact that a dips allows you to buy or accumulator at cheap rate which is an advantage for most investors because they see it as an opportunity, but the DCA method encompasses all of that.

It is hard for investors not to always look at the price of their investment,  it is said that where your treasure lies, there will your heart be. So for me is a normal thing for most investors to regularly check on price fluctuation.

teamsherry

Merit: 52

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 02:22:08 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Quote from: JayJuanGee link=topic=5132720.msg64019953#msg64019953
And what those that think about diversification too early forgets to consider is if they can handle diversification, yeah surely there are some persons that are already well built in terms of finance and have enough money to both funds investing in bitcoin and another asset without cheating his bitcoin investment and there is also another that has only enough for one asset and if he tries to diversify would end up cheating bitcoin, and surely people tend to forget that the game of getting rich is all about concentration in the sence i mean having enough in one asset that would be able to generate profits for you and then you can use that profit to build other asset.

I agree.  It is better for people who are starting out with a relatively small amount to build one first before adding anything else, and there likely is no rush to add anything else, but there may be some need to balance cash amounts with the bitcoin amounts in order to figure out levels of aggressiveness in regards to how fast to attempt to accumulate a sizable bitcoin position... and yeah, some folks might not have options to establish a sizable position in less than 5 years and some of them might take closer to 10 years before they start to feel they start to need to diversify... but yeah, a person can become more informed about himself and his preferences to diversify while he is building his bitcoin investment.. and he might not know exactly in advance when he is going to start to feel needs to spread out his investments a bit more.

Why I personally disagree with early diversification especially if you are not earning high is cause most poor person might already have issues with having an emergency funds available before investing and now they need to also cater for their emergency funds and other cash reserves alongside thier bitcoin investment, now adding diversification to that equation would only mean that s/he needs to either take cash from his emergency funds to build the other asset or woudl have to divide his bitcoin investment into parts to invest in other asset and this in both cases are wrong.

Firstly the idea of having having an emergency fund around is so that we can easily access it when we need it for an emergency and it acts as an insurance for our investment, so in a case where a person might start to consider using this funds to diversify into other asset in the name of having a blanket can in turn be the worst decision ever made, yeah and in your first reply you also talked about how lack of conviction or disbelief can leave room for shitcoiner to give their shity advice.

Secondly if the person consider splitting his cash for bitcoin to other asset then he might end up not ever getting rich out of either of them, cause the only way to prepare for up is to get buying bitcoin as aggressive as one can be, and this question is such person even has any plans of benefiting off bitcoin at all.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
laijsica

Activity: 98
Merit: 26

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 02:58:09 PM

This is a very important time to buy Bitcoin for those who are used to buying on the dip. Bitcoin is currently worth $57k+ around $60k. I see an opportunity to buy Bitcoin below $60k. Because, its value is constantly increasing. But it is also a great opportunity for those who deposit Bitcoins with DCA method, because the amount of Bitcoins purchased at $100 a few days ago can be purchased at $100 more than today. That means you will be able to accumulate more bitcoins during this time.
There is some ambiguity in your words. However, Bitcoin is in a marked downtrend after its record ATH. Of course it looks great that some investors will take this opportunity at the dips price. Market conditions seem quite stable to me and investment should be aggressive. DCA strategy recommends increasing BTC even further to maintain your holdings. Many (contrarians) are trying to say BTC is going from bullish to bearish but I think the bull run has not started yet. The next bull run will push the price to $100k or more within this year. Hence floating money is recommended to keep your holdings safe and risk free. It is better to continue DCA consistently and uninterruptedly and stick to the subtle strategy of depositing BTC.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Troytech

Activity: 168
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 03:07:38 PM

I think what he mean is all of their money since its not really advisable to do since instead of you will be fine even if the market collapsed you will get panic about the situation since all of your money is there and get afraid of certain possibilities that you have a chance to lose. Much advisable to invest only the amount you afford to lose since any situation that will occur for sure will be tolerable to the investor since this is just the spare money used for investment   and they can focus on their goals since there's nothing to worry about on some situations currently happening in the market.
How will you be able to increase the quantity of your stack when your plan is to invest an amount you can afford to lose? It doesn't sound right that you're buying an asset like Bitcoinwith the mindset that you might loose your investment in the process and giving you the idea that it's best you invest so small such that if you loose in the process it wouldn't affect you. That mentality is only going to hinder you from attempting to invest above 5% to 10% of your income and that in itself means you're just gambling and don't understand what's the prospect of Bitcoin. Investing into Bitcoin isn't gambling that's a 50/50 thing and that's why Bitcoin entosiast like micro strategy still buys the amount of Bitcoin they are currently buying. Do you think they are buying at such pace and with such amount because they want to loose as high high $13.6B worth of Bitcoin? Once you're talking about investing with the fear of a possible market collapse  then it goes to show you can't invest inti bitcoin for the long run and that any correction you see with look like a threat that will tend to give you the impression of pulling out your asset.

Your wrong @maverlokg, it's right to invest the amount that you can afford to lose even when investing in an asset like Bitcoin and that does not mean that you are expecting something bad to happen to bitcoin, what this means is that you are aware that they is a possibility of your bitcoin investment to go to zero or not generate any profit throughout your time of investment, yeah no one invests and expect to lose all his investment along the line but when dealing with the future we still try best to retain the fact that anything is possible and to be prepared we must act alike and what you decide to do with the information of that possibility is up to you, if your response to that is to have a more whimpy investment and that's how your risk tolerance allows you then its okay and no one would force you or should tell you that to get more of the other possibility that bitcoin may increase in value and to get more out of it you should also invest more aggressively.

Yeah some people would rather think of a way to diversify into other asset as means that incase their investment in bitcoin doesn't do well then the other may do well. And at times it's better to have a well built investment in bitcoin then you can comdiser diversifying into.other asset at least 80% in bitcoin and 20% in other asset and if something happens you have back up and it still depends on the investor.
Furious 7

Activity: 2870
Merit: 651

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 03:27:57 PM

I dont really agree with this because even though we are long-term investors when talking about market movements and carrying out analysis it should not be omitted because after all it is something that is still quite important to do because with that we can see some what is the possibility of whether it will be purchased directly or in stages later considering that even in DCA we sometimes dont really care about the price when buying but still if we get a price that is lower than the target of what we want to buy of course that is a good thing so even though we are long-term investors, we cannot just let go of analysis .

Because in the end not doing analysis every day and not caring about analysis at all is a very different thing so analysis is still quite important, its just that we dont need to do it every minute or every hour of every day when trying to become an investor.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
teamsherry

Merit: 52

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 02, 2024, 03:36:26 PM

How will you be able to increase the quantity of your stack when your plan is to invest an amount you can afford to lose? It doesn't sound right that you're buying an asset like Bitcoin with the mindset that you might loose your investment in the process and giving you the idea that it's best you invest so small such that if you loose in the process it wouldn't affect you. That mentality is only going to hinder you from attempting to invest above 5% to 10% of your income and that in itself means you're just gambling and don't understand what's the prospect of Bitcoin. Investing into Bitcoin isn't gambling that's a 50/50 thing and that's why Bitcoin entosiast like micro strategy still buys the amount of Bitcoin they are currently buying. Do you think they are buying at such pace and with such amount because they want to loose as high high $13.6B worth of Bitcoin? Once you're talking about investing with the fear of a possible market collapse  then it goes to show you can't invest inti bitcoin for the long run and that any correction you see with look like a threat that will tend to give you the impression of pulling out your asset.

When Investing in any asset it is right that we have a possible set of senerio that can occur and prepare likewise, now in this case everyone is hoping that his bitcoin investment would do well and bring profits which is a possibility than can occur and there is also a possibility for the opposite to happen and you end up losing your investment, and it's also good to take that into account so you don't end up put all your funds into bitcoin, your right that someone might decide to invests only 10% of his income to bitcoin because of this but that is what he thinks its okay to invest despite knowing that bitcoin could also do well and give him profits and another person woudl do the exact opposite and decide to invest more aggressively even knowing this and that is what he can also afford to lose cause he has a higher risk tolerance than the other.

Everyone must have to decide how much he feels comfortable with to invest and this could be a whimy investment or a aggressive investment, yeah you understand that you may think that I you want more out of bitcoin you should also invest more but not everyone would fell comfortable having so much in bitcoin and might think as a safety measure to diversify or have more cash around, IMO it all depends on the risk tolerance of the individual.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Sim_card

Activity: 448
Merit: 401

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2024, 03:42:56 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Su-asa (1), Victorybit1 (1)

I dont really agree with this because even though we are long-term investors when talking about market movements and carrying out analysis it should not be omitted because after all it is something that is still quite important to do because with that we can see some what is the possibility of whether it will be purchased directly or in stages later considering that even in DCA we sometimes dont really care about the price when buying but still if we get a price that is lower than the target of what we want to buy of course that is a good thing so even though we are long-term investors, we cannot just let go of analysis .

Because in the end not doing analysis every day and not caring about analysis at all is a very different thing so analysis is still quite important, its just that we dont need to do it every minute or every hour of every day when trying to become an investor.
Market analysis is mostly done by traders, because they are short term hodlers. A newbie that just started his bitcoin journey does not need to know anything about market analysis because it is stressful and needs time to understand how to analyze the market, which makes me see it as a distraction to beginners who just started accumulating bitcoin. Whether you analyze the market or not that will not increase your bitcoin stash if you don't buy any bitcoin. This is why new beginners or investors in their accumulation phase should only focus more on regular buying weekly or monthly using DCA to build up their bitcoin portfolio overtime.

Analyzing the market can be of a distraction to them since they are new into bitcoin, what they just need to do is to figure out how much is their discretionary income that they can use to buy bitcoin after other important aspect has been taken care of for a healthy bitcoin long term journey. T
It is nvestors who have accumulated up to 50% and above of their bitcoin target that can analyze the market to know when they can buy, because their bitcoin stash have reached a level that if they pause buying, it will not be a bad action. We should also know that no one can predict the next price movement of bitcoin, this is why I don't see market analysis useful for a beginner who just started his bitcoin journey since he is not planning to sell within a shot period of time, but hodli for long. There is no need to stop or pause buying because you feel there will be a dip tomorrow, what if the dip does not come, you will keep on waiting and wasting your precious time that you should have being using to build up your bitcoin stash.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 »
  Print  

Jump to: