Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:36:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76700 times)
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2023, 12:41:45 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The whole point of investment is to get good return. Any investment is of no use if it cant benefit the investor. I have an opinion that don't wait till your 60's to start using your funds. Use them when you have energy in your body.
What will be use of a million dollar in your 60's when you can't move freely and have different odds with your health. Try to use your investment when you are young and have energies. Driving lamborgani is your 30's or 40's is more
Of course there are exceptions and have people in 60's and 70's that have good health, they can take the chance of using funds in later part of age.
Just my opinion.
Perhaps you are right but however each individuals or rather an investors has there objective, purpose and plans on why they intend to invest on Bitcoin because there people who are very wealthy that they can be able to acquire more than 20 Bitcoin without being affected on there financial state and perhaps such a person could decide to invest that much on Bitcoin and not because he intend to use the investment to buy one big stuff or the other but instead they invest the money for there family to have a better life when he is no more, so perhaps we cannot advise somebody with that motive to sell his investment all because of pleasure.

I think it will do more good for investors if they remove there mindset of channeling there possibilities of becoming rich through there investment on Bitcoin, actually I no that the purpose of every investment is the profits but that shouldn't give most investors the mindset that the only way for them to become wealthy is through there investment on Bitcoin because we no how volatile Bitcoin price can be and also the possibility of the price getting to a particular amounts is not certain but however there is every chances that the price will skyrocket in the future but we don't no when.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moreno233

Activity: 308
Merit: 180

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 01:08:41 PM
Merited by Miles2006 (3), JayJuanGee (1)

That is the main goal of a person's income, the extra money after excluding household expenses should be invested in Bitcoin. If you don't accumulate wealth for the future, you may find yourself in dire straits in old age. I think that if Bitcoin can be invested in the present, this investment can be tripled in future generations to make my life comfortable. This could be the main tool to protect against Bitcoin shortages. So it is better to invest in Bitcoin monthly or weekly by following the DCA method.

Every conscious citizen must plan his future. We should learn from the mistakes we have made in the past so that we don't repeat them in the future, but we have to plan for the future now. With the change of time, the way of thinking of people has changed considerably. Once people used to think of savings as banks or gold ornaments but now people are trying to make their investments in a modern and smart way.  

Now those who are aware of Bitcoin are not thinking about saving their money by depositing it in the bank but they are investing and saving simultaneously by converting their money to Bitcoin. I think investing in bitcoins is saving because investing in bitcoins keeps the money safe.  
Yes! This should explain the reason behind many banking policy that is being implemented in my country as we speak. Many people do not save money in the bank anymore rather they invest it to make more money. No wonder they have place serious limitations on cash withdrawals in my country with many of the banks facing liquidation. 

I never knew a time will come when people will be so investment conscious that the banks will feel threatened. The invention of the DCA method actually changed the game for me and I think a lot of people are also using it. Why will I keep my money in the bank to face inflation when I can just invest it in Bitcoin where it will grow for me and will never lose value. This is the reality on ground that is motivating people to go the direction of Bitcoin.

Those still sitting on the fence due to fear or doubt, might be missing a life-changing opportunity to be part of something great. Bitcoin has come to stay and the reasonable option is to own it and not fight it.

Bloodseekers

Activity: 769
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 02:16:02 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Because Bitcoin investment is not done under compelling circumstances. There are basic needs that must be prioritized apart from investment needs. Therefore, whoever is consistent with their financial management will have maximum results.
Of course we cannot force ourselves to invest in Bitcoin, because it takes a long time to be able to get a profit from the investment and if we still force ourselves to invest, of course when we experience a need that we didn't expect, of course we have to sell it in the current situation if the situation is necessary. Of course we can still make a profit and if it is the other way around, of course we will bear the losses from the investment.

It is indeed very important to be able to manage finances well so that we can invest without interference from unexpected funding needs, so we will be able to hold on until it is profitable for us to invest.
adultcrypto

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 02:36:56 PM

Perhaps you were inspired by CZ who quit his job, sold his house to invest in Bitcoin. Remember he advised that getting another job would not have been difficult for him. So, I guess you figured out how to survive without a job and still hold Bitcoin.

So tell me, since you were all in in crypto, how were you paying your bills? Were you selling part of your portfolio to feed and pay bills? What method did you adopt in accumulating your assets? I am asking as the time the price of Bitcoin was not up to the $45k where you sold, meaning you were selling in parts to feed and also pay your bills.

Your approach is not perfect for me because I don't believe in selling all my Bitcoin holding at once. You will definitely lose a good portion of the profits you would have made. Imagine you sold at $45k yet the price went higher to $69k. If I am not mistaken, most of the funds you realized from selling your Bitcoin have been channeled to shitcoins or other things.

The best would have been to sustain your  job and invest in Bitcoin gradually and not with all you've got only to sell them all off at once.
Basically iam salesman but iam full time in crypto. one of my service is facilitated people who want cash out crypto into fiat below exchange rate.
At first i accumulating my crypto from bounty program and I usually pay my bill with credit, maybe i spend alot thats why
I don't know how you run a sustainable business exchanging crypto to fiat below the exchange rate, perhaps you might be taking advantage of some form of government unfriendly policy in your country to take their Bitcoin below the exchange rate. Because in a country like mine where everyone have access to Bitcoin and can easily use p2p services, it will difficult running such business.

After collecting their Bitcoin and giving them fiat, what do you do with the Bitcoin? Do you collect and sell and a higher exchange rate for profits? I know this question is a little personal and may seems I'm prying into your privacy but the answer will help us remain in line with the title of this thread.

jcojci

Activity: 674
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 03:00:26 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

Because Bitcoin investment is not done under compelling circumstances. There are basic needs that must be prioritized apart from investment needs. Therefore, whoever is consistent with their financial management will have maximum results.
Of course we cannot force ourselves to invest in Bitcoin, because it takes a long time to be able to get a profit from the investment and if we still force ourselves to invest, of course when we experience a need that we didn't expect, of course we have to sell it in the current situation if the situation is necessary. Of course we can still make a profit and if it is the other way around, of course we will bear the losses from the investment.

It is indeed very important to be able to manage finances well so that we can invest without interference from unexpected funding needs, so we will be able to hold on until it is profitable for us to invest.
If he decides to invest in bitcoin, he can allocate a certain amount of money for his investment and meet his living needs. It's not a compulsion but he realizes that he needs an investment in bitcoin so he will try to fulfill it. Maybe he will even try to reduce unnecessary expenses to increase the amount of his bitcoin investment. People who have learned much about bitcoin investment from various sources will find out how they allocate their money. And it will not interfere with the allocation of funds for other needs.

And even though investing in bitcoin takes a long time to get benefits, he is willing to do it because he has seen the potential profits he can get from bitcoin. They must also have predicted if there would be a loss and determined what to do. But as a long-term investment, Bitcoin has never disappointed its investors.
AirtelBuzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 210

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2023, 03:04:26 PM

I first started with a very small amount of money to invest in Bitcoin. I once decided to borrow $1000 from my family to invest in Bitcoin but later changed my mind.I changed that decision to the fact that I am connected to a job and get a certain amount of money from it every week I invest a day of money from it in bitcoins. I do masonry work from which I get fixed amount money every week. I take one day's worth of money I get every week from this masonry job and invest it in bitcoins. That is 5 dollars worth of bitcoins, that is 20 dollars worth of bitcoins per month. I am trying to invest in dollar cost averaging (DCA) method every month.

I have been accumulating bitcoins like this for about nine months. But I have decided that when my source of income increases I will invest more in Bitcoins. I intend to extend this investment method up to four years and will do so. People who don't have much money to invest in Bitcoin can invest in Bitcoin using Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) method. I hope that if I invest in Bitcoin for the long term, I will never be disappointed.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 04:43:07 PM

Well if you started in 2017, and then maybe you started with only $10 per week, and then every year you increased it by $10 or $15 per week, then you would be getting close to $100 per week. 

No one can ever tell anyone how aggressive that they should be or maybe if they are being too aggressive without having some details of the circumstances, and even with details, the person should be in the best position to figure out these kinds of matters, even if sometimes they might share ideas with others (for example in this thread) to figure out the extent to which they might be able to think about their matter of discretionary income or even how much BTC to try to buy per week in different kinds of ways.
Some details of circumstances are compulsory but I will add one more point that is:
Aggressiveness should be there but not much which affect on the personal life. Let's think if anyone is aggressive and want to invest $100 in Bitcoin every week but he is not caring about his personal life and separating $100 per week. He is not taking care physically himself. So this will not good. Separate that amount to invest which is really separate. In aggressiveness never forget you have your life and your family. Aggressive on that amount which is separate you have.

Well if I suggest that you should be as aggressive as you can without being overly aggressive as to take too many risks with your health and/or putting yourself into a panic mode, etc etc etc..

It should already be understood that there are limits, and surely sometimes people might be doing damage to themselves without realizing the damage that they are doing, so it could not always be understood where someone is going to draw the line.

In my earlier example of starting out at buying BTC at $10 per week and then increasing $10-$15 every year, and then after nearly 7 years getting to $100 per week, there still likely would be needs for the budget to be able to absorb a 10x increase in the amount per week of the DCA, and there is a bit of an assumption that the person is analyzing his situation well enough that he is being aggressive without being overly-aggressive... Yeah, if someone had a $400 per month salary at the beginning of the 7 years, and still has a $400 per month salary, then such a plan likely would not work because he starts out at 10% and works his way to 100% of his income being invested into bitcoin.

Spo maybe there is a bit of an assumption that the guy is either starting with a higher income or is able to cut expenses along the way or is able to increase income along the way.

Also, a person who starts out in his investment very whimpily, and maybe he earns $4k per month, so starting out at $10 and working his way to $400 per week has merely increased his DCA from 1% of his income to 10%, which is still a 10x increase over the 7 years.

[edited out]
That is the main goal of a person's income, the extra money after excluding household expenses should be invested in Bitcoin.

I am not sure if the goal would be or should be to invest 100% of your discretionary income into bitcoin, but surely it is possible to do that, and that would be quite aggressive, but not overly aggressive because you are not going over 100%, and yet we probably would be assuming that any such person who is investing 100% of his discretionary income into bitcoin, would have a pretty robust emergency fund, and maybe even one that is funded for 6 months of his expenses.

By the way, part of the reason that I am so concerned about the idea of investing 100% of your discretionary income into bitcoin is because on a practical basis, there is likely to be a bit of a float (or a cushion), because even when people might have really strict rules and structure there is likely to be variance... but the over all idea of being as aggressive as you can is not a bad one, especially when it comes to the earliest days of BTC accumulation.

If you don't accumulate wealth for the future, you may find yourself in dire straits in old age.

That still does not mean that you have to be so aggressive as to invest 100% of your discretionary income into bitcoin.

Even a person who is quite whimpy in his bitcoin investment still might put himself into a much better position in order that he does not end up in "dire straits" in his old age.  Part of the matter has to do with time, so if you consider old age to potentially start around early 60s, then if a person is in his early 20s, he has nearly 40 years to prepare for old age, so even if he was saving pretty whimpily at $10 per week for 40 years, he would have had saved more than $20k after 4 years, and potentially that investment could have doubled in value very 10 years or so, and so he would have a bit of a cushion to be able to use that money.. and yeah in an example like that we do have to kind of assume that the person may well have had increased his investment amount (even with a relatively whimpy investment) with the passage of time because the currency would have likely lost a lot of value during that time.

If the person is in his late 40s or even into his 50s, and he has not really saved/invested a lot, and if he is just getting started in saving/investing, then he might need to be more in a panic mode, especially if he might be expecting that he might not be able to (or want to) work as much once he gets into his 60s... or at least whatever work that he does, he would like it to be completely voluntary.. or things that he chooses rather than he is forced to do for financial reasons.

I think that if Bitcoin can be invested in the present, this investment can be tripled in future generations to make my life comfortable. This could be the main tool to protect against Bitcoin shortages. So it is better to invest in Bitcoin monthly or weekly by following the DCA method.

Sure investing in bitcoin is good, but you are not being very specific in this part of your commentary and you seem to largely just throwing out empty platitudes.

To be specific,  what are the risk factors of Bitcoin? Losing your money to hacks and mistakes or Bitcoin price dropping to zero? I have heard so much about the risk of Bitcoin, so much that we need to put it into context so others will understand and take caution. Unfortunately, a lot of people singing about the risk of Bitcoin cannot specifically say what the risks are and the highest they will say is that Bitcoin is volatile and therefore risky.
Maybe most of them will say bitcoin is not real, we can't touch it we can't see it and it's probably money game

People say that, but so what?  It is hardly worth even repeating without saying that it is really dumb in terms of not understanding that if whole industries are built around bitcoin, then there is quite a bit of concreteness and real world connectedness, even if bitcoin is ultimately an intangible kind of property... that happens to be one of the most powerful kinds of technology invented (or discovered).

Perhaps you were inspired by CZ who quit his job, sold his house to invest in Bitcoin. Remember he advised that getting another job would not have been difficult for him. So, I guess you figured out how to survive without a job and still hold Bitcoin.

So tell me, since you were all in in crypto, how were you paying your bills? Were you selling part of your portfolio to feed and pay bills? What method did you adopt in accumulating your assets? I am asking as the time the price of Bitcoin was not up to the $45k where you sold, meaning you were selling in parts to feed and also pay your bills.

Your approach is not perfect for me because I don't believe in selling all my Bitcoin holding at once. You will definitely lose a good portion of the profits you would have made. Imagine you sold at $45k yet the price went higher to $69k. If I am not mistaken, most of the funds you realized from selling your Bitcoin have been channeled to shitcoins or other things.

The best would have been to sustain your  job and invest in Bitcoin gradually and not with all you've got only to sell them all off at once.
Basically iam salesman but iam full time in crypto. one of my service is facilitated people who want cash out crypto into fiat below exchange rate.
At first i accumulating my crypto from bounty program and I usually pay my bill with credit, maybe i spend alot thats why

Yeah, but do you realize that you are in a bitcoin thread?

Do you know what bitcoin is?  Fuck crypto.  We could hardly give any shits to talk about shitcoins in this thread or to use such ambiguous language that you don't seem to know what you are talking about.  If you are talking about bitcoin, then use the word and describe what you mean in terms of bitcoin, since that is what we are talking about bitcoin here.

If you want to talk about shitcoins, then at least say why you think that it is relevant, because there is no such thing as "being in crypto."  It is dumb to even think it, and probably you are lost if you are "in crypto" and you are unable to state exactly what it is in relation to bitcoin, and if you hardly own any bitcoin and you own a bunch of shitcoins, then you likely do not really know what you are in or what you are doing, unless you are just gambling or playing the roulette table... which surely is not what we are talking about in this thread. 

And, perhaps if you are getting in and out of "crypto" then you are trading/gambling and/or trying to get some fiat gains, which is also not what we are talking about in this thread.

Maybe if you rethink your post and try to frame it in terms of bitcoin, then at least you will better state what it is that you are talking about and how it might relate to this thread.

[edited out]
The whole point of investment is to get good return. Any investment is of no use if it cant benefit the investor. I have an opinion that don't wait till your 60's to start using your funds. Use them when you have energy in your body.
What will be use of a million dollar in your 60's when you can't move freely and have different odds with your health. Try to use your investment when you are young and have energies. Driving lamborgani is your 30's or 40's is more
Of course there are exceptions and have people in 60's and 70's that have good health, they can take the chance of using funds in later part of age.
Just my opinion.

I doubt that anyone had been saying that you have to wait before you start to spend your funds, but you still might want to consider whether you are in accumulation stage, maintenance stage or liquidation stage, and so each of those stages is going to affect the way that you treat your BTC stash, and you may well overlap stages, but at least if you know where you are at, then you are in a better place to figure out what you might want to do in terms of spending.  it is possible that you could get through your accumulation quite quickly, and then once you are in maintenance stage then there would not be any needs to accumulate more bitcoin, and so you would have that extra cash to consume or to buy toys or whatever it is that you want to do, so the mere fact that you are no longer in your BTC accumulation phase does not necessarily mean that you are all of a sudden spending from your bitcoin stash rather than either spending from other areas or spending from the extra cash that you might have from not buying bitcoin with it... also being in maintenance stage might end up causing you to strategize both BTC buys and sells in such a way that you are selling on the way up and buying on the way down, which generates cash, but you still are not really engaging in any kind of depletion of you BTC stash size and/or its value.. and in fact its value is likely to be increasing while you are such a stage if you structure your sells in ways that are meaningful, and like I suggest in my two different styles of sustainable withdrawal (time based and price based).

Why will I keep my money in the bank to face inflation when I can just invest it in Bitcoin where it will grow for me and will never lose value. This is the reality on ground that is motivating people to go the direction of Bitcoin.

You keep some of your money in the bank in order to be able to manage your monthly cashflow and expenses.. so you may well even have a kind of cushion that is 1/2 of a months expenses or maybe even more than that that you continuously keep in the bank, so if you might have salary coming in and out, then you may well have periods in which you have a lot of money in the bank and other periods that you are paying bills from your bank, but if you plan ahead, you might have systems in place in which the bank account never goes below whatever you had set your cushion to be whether it is 1/2 months expenses or some other amount. 

When I was really young (including in my early 20s) my cushion was always between $300 and $500, and so I slowly realized that $500 is better than $300, because it gave me more to work with, but then as my income and/or expenses got more complicated, I slowly gravitated up to $1k and then $2k and then $3k, and recently I had tried to go back down from $3k to $2k, and after about 3-6 months, I just found that it caused me too much stress to have my cushion at $2k because of situations that sometimes might happen, so I feel way better maintaining $3k as my current cushion... so even with a $3k cushion, there still might be times in which the cushion gets breached and the amount in the account is less than $2k and even getting down close to $1k, which surely makes me nervous, but if I know that I have sources in which I can fairly quickly draw upon, if the cushion is getting close to $1k and it is ONLY for a few days, then I won't panic, and since I project my income and my expenses in advance, I tend to be able to see quite a bit in advance if my cushion is going to be low in the future, and if the projection out 2-3 months is showing a cushion of less than $3k, that gets fixed within a fairly planned out way so that I know what I have to do by when in order that the account (further out) gets down to those sub $3k amounts, but if there is some kind of an immediate expense or something that I might be considering doing that will cause my cushion to go from $3k to close to $1k, then I might not panic if there might be cash already expected to come in so that the deficit will only last a few days at most.

By the way, my above numbers might be real or not, and I am largely trying to make the point, that it is good to have a cash cushion, and you may or may not be using your bank for these kinds of cashflow matters, even though it is not always the case that people have electronic forms of receiving cash and paying their bills, and maybe if someone is dealing a lot more in cash, then there might be less reasons to manage cashflows through a bank, even though it does not seem that banks are disappearing any time soon or that it would necessarily wise to give up on ways in which they might be able to be used to your advantage.

Of course we cannot force ourselves to invest in Bitcoin, because it takes a long time to be able to get a profit from the investment

The level of profits that you expect and how you calculate them depends on you.  If you purposefully go into bitcoin as a long term investment, then you may well not be considering short term profits because you are already in for the longer term, which may well be 4-10 years or longer.

and if we still force ourselves to invest,

Hopefully you are not forcing yourself.

yeah of course there are delayed gratification concerns, even if you pick $10 per week rather than $100 per week, because maybe you could spend that weekly amount, but instead if you actually are investing longer term, then you are buying bitcoin and locking it up for 4-10 years or longer.

of course when we experience a need that we didn't expect, of course we have to sell it in the current situation if the situation is necessary.

That means that you 1) over invested into bitcoin, 2) you failed/refused to sufficiently adequately considered to establish a sufficient emergency fund of 3-6 months and/or 3) you are engaging in gambling rather than investing

Of course we can still make a profit and if it is the other way around, of course we will bear the losses from the investment.

It sounds like you are mixing up the ideas of investing and gambling.  In other words, you don't know the difference, and if you do know the difference, your behaviors are not reflecting investing rather than gambling behaviors.

That is dumb.  there is no need to build up cash in order to strategically wait for when to invest.  Instead what you are doing, is that you are failing/refusing to establish an emergency fund, and so you therefore build up your cash (which would be your emergency fund) and then you are using part or all of that to buy bitcoin in order to gamble it with the expectation that its price will move in your favor rather than not by the time that you need the money, but you have not really planned very well, so you are largely just winging it and hoping for the best.

I would not call those kinds of practices investing... but hey if you are trying to learn, then maybe you can fix your seemingly dumb and ill-advised way of saying that you are investing when you are not, and if you really want to invest, then there are probably ways to fix your ways so that you never have to sell any BTC except at a time of your own choosing.. which may well be many years into the future.. once your investment has grown and perhaps even compounded a few times... perhaps there is hope for you?  perhaps?  I am not holding my breath, because people do all kinds of dumb stuff and then don't necessarily learn from why it is not working.. so I am not going to presume that you are ready, willing and/or able to either get our of your trap and/or to start investing rather than gambling.  That's on you.

By the way, think about it.  You have been registered on the forum for more than 6 years, and if you had been investing in bitcoin $25 per week into bitcoin for those 6 years, you would have invested $7,825 and you would have accumulated 0.68 BTC (which is an average cost per BTC of $11,500 and currently worth about $29k) and so that would be right around 3.7x increase in value from the amount invested.  Hopefully whatever you have been doing in connection with bitcoin the past 6 years comes somewhat close to that - otherwise you might want to consider some kind of a DCA approach from here forward, since BTC's investment thesis is not really getting any weaker.

....But as a long-term investment, so far Bitcoin has never disappointed its investors.

FTFY

Yes.  So far, bitcoin had never disappointed its long-term investors.

I first started with a very small amount of money to invest in Bitcoin. I once decided to borrow $1000 from my family to invest in Bitcoin but later changed my mind.I changed that decision to the fact that I am connected to a job and get a certain amount of money from it every week I invest a day of money from it in bitcoins. I do masonry work from which I get fixed amount money every week. I take one day's worth of money I get every week from this masonry job and invest it in bitcoins. That is 5 dollars worth of bitcoins, that is 20 dollars worth of bitcoins per month. I am trying to invest in dollar cost averaging (DCA) method every month.

I have been accumulating bitcoins like this for about nine months. But I have decided that when my source of income increases I will invest more in Bitcoins. I intend to extend this investment method up to four years and will do so. People who don't have much money to invest in Bitcoin can invest in Bitcoin using Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) method. I hope that if I invest in Bitcoin for the long term, I will never be disappointed.

Why would you limit it to 4 years?  Even if you increase your investment to $50 per month that would be right around $600 per year and $2,400 in 4 years.  It does not seem to be a place to be stopping.  And let's say you extent that to 20 years, and then you have right around $12k invested, so now you might start to be getting somewhere in the event that your disposable income does not go up.. but there can be ongoing adding of value and then at some point it might start to become more clear if you should be changing your strategy or at what point you might be getting to be out of accumulation phase and into either maintenance stage or liquidation stage.. and surely from my own thinking it does not seem clear to transition from accumulation stage to liquidation stage without first going through a period of maintenance stage... but hey, each of us have our ways of thinking about these kinds of bitcoin investment related matters.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
salad daging

Activity: 1638
Merit: 796

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2023, 05:55:02 PM

Yes, it must be in us as investors where consistency and persistence are very important to invest in bitcoin for a long time especially with the amount that is input into bitcoin is not relatively large enough, if we are as government employees then $70 will be very capable for them but with persistence he can do it for 8 years so he deserves success by investing in bitcoin and being able to buy his future dream items.

Actually we can do the same thing as this person, how do we manage the aggressive level with the higher the greater the portfolio that will be owned in the long run, I am sure as an employee of the government job it will be enough with the cash flow owned so that some are willing to be spent on bitcoin, we must also have the same thoughts when there is side income then it must be completely diverted to bitcoin, if the monthly salary still covers life for a month.

I myself want an aggressive target of $100 per week for bitcoin.
Well if you started in 2017, and then maybe you started with only $10 per week, and then every year you increased it by $10 or $15 per week, then you would be getting close to $100 per week. 

No one can ever tell anyone how aggressive that they should be or maybe if they are being too aggressive without having some details of the circumstances, and even with details, the person should be in the best position to figure out these kinds of matters, even if sometimes they might share ideas with others (for example in this thread) to figure out the extent to which they might be able to think about their matter of discretionary income or even how much BTC to try to buy per week in different kinds of ways.
Although I was here in 2017, I did not immediately invest in bitcoin, I was too immersed in shitcoin first to ignore bitcoin with its DCA method, after feeling not quite satisfied with shitcoin, I threw it away and started with bitcoin gradually.

At the first start it was small $10 then it could be increased again to $30 the addition was from side money focused on bitcoin, then I ran a business that could increase the aggressive level even though it didn't go straight to $100, but gradually, what I put into bitcoin was not always stable sometimes up sometimes down the dollars entered, yes maybe because of other needs and urges so that it had to be less into BTC, but now I maintain what I can with $50 per week.

We never talk in detail the level of aggression we are doing, just say what has increased then it will be considered aggressive.
Yes we have to be able to manage our cash flow including additional income then this will usually be greater to bitcoin as a purchase every week or month.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2023, 05:56:55 PM

Perhaps your target as a beginner in times of Bitcoin investment shouldn't be for the profits for now instead the main focus should be on how well you can strategize yourself in other to have a good amount of Bitcoin in your portfolio because in every successful investors there are planning, sacrifices and risk he or she took in other to be were he is now and also they are not Propelled by a little profits they could make from there Bitcoin investment at the long run but instead they think about the future of there investment and the likely outcome of it.

So however having a proper planning on Bitcoin investment I see no reason why other needs will pulled your Bitcoin investment down although sometimes there could be some unforseen circumstances but however there should be some reservations kept for those purposes while your investment keeps running.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 06:58:44 PM

[edited out]
Although I was here in 2017, I did not immediately invest in bitcoin, I was too immersed in shitcoin first to ignore bitcoin with its DCA method, after feeling not quite satisfied with shitcoin, I threw it away and started with bitcoin gradually.

At the first start it was small $10 then it could be increased again to $30 the addition was from side money focused on bitcoin, then I ran a business that could increase the aggressive level even though it didn't go straight to $100, but gradually, what I put into bitcoin was not always stable sometimes up sometimes down the dollars entered, yes maybe because of other needs and urges so that it had to be less into BTC, but now I maintain what I can with $50 per week.

We never talk in detail the level of aggression we are doing, just say what has increased then it will be considered aggressive.

Sure comparing details can sometimes be helpful, and they do not even have to be your own details, so for example, just like you already did, you can describe some of the details, but those might not be exactly your details, but they work for the sense of illustrative purposes in which you would like to show that 1) you had been more into shitcoins, 2) that you started out more whimpy with your bitcoin investment 3) you have some regrets about your level of whimpiness and 4) you are considering ways in which you might be able to be more aggressive in the future.

When you give some details then there seems to be more likelihood that guys might be able to relate to those details, and the more I think about it, we do sometimes talk about levels-of aggressiveness in this thread, it is just that the details are framed in a variety of ways in which we may more may not realize that we are touching upon that topic regarding how aggressive that we might try to be without necessarily going overboard with it.

And, hopefully, salad daging, you are also working on building your emergency fund if you have not already established it in a strong way, because the stronger your emergency fund then the more aggressive that you can be.

Another problem with trying to temper levels of aggressiveness, frequently, it can be difficult to know if there is going to be a greater dip, so we can talk about aggressiveness in terms of DCA, but also in terms of having some extra funds available for buying on dips.. and so sometimes it can be unclear about how many reserves we want to continue to have built up for buying on dips, especially in recent times when the price does not really seem to be dipping, and we cannot really know or tell if it is actually going to dip any further than it already has dipped, prior to resuming UPwardly.

Oh and by the way, we had Popkon6 mentioning that he was suggesting that it would be a good idea to spend 100% of his discretionary on bitcoin, and I responded to that post within the same post that you responded to... so that is pretty aggressive and a pretty aggressive way of framing what he was considering to be a good approach to BTC investing... which may or may not be correct, but it seems to be on the side of aggressiveness that is within the boundaries of acceptability, especially for anyone who already had a strong emergency cash fund, even if that approach of a planning to spend all of ones discretionary income on bitcoin seems a bit much (aggressive, in other words).

Yes we have to be able to manage our cash flow including additional income then this will usually be greater to bitcoin as a purchase every week or month.

There is likely individual variance.  Some guys might be willing to decide every week how much they are able to spend on bitcoin, and others might wait until the end of the month and then invest into bitcoin based on the price cushion that had already been established the previous month... . so there could be some ways that how a guy decides varies depending on how he is paid and how sure that he might be that the money is coming in on the date that is it supposed to come and it is for the amount that it is supposed to be., and we already discussed some of the variance in income amounts and expense amounts, and so some of those kind of particulars might be known or knowable, and others might not be knowable, and there could be discretionary amounts (whether income and/or expenses) and some of them might not be discretionary (meaning that they are more fixed and they cannot be easily changed in terms of time or quantity).

Perhaps your target as a beginner in times of Bitcoin investment shouldn't be for the profits for now instead the main focus should be on how well you can strategize yourself in other to have a good amount of Bitcoin in your portfolio because in every successful investors there are planning, sacrifices and risk he or she took in other to be were he is now and also they are not Propelled by a little profits they could make from there Bitcoin investment at the long run but instead they think about the future of there investment and the likely outcome of it.

That is exactly true - especially since the changes in wealth or value of a guys portfolio could become really stupendous.

Let's say for example a guy bought 10 BTC 2015/2016, and so yeah he fucked up and he ended up paying more than the 2015 price, and so his average cost per BTC is around $500, so that means he has $5k invested.

So in 2017 the price of those coins went up to $19,666 each (which means close to $200k for all of them) and then dropped back down to between $3k and $8k - which is $30k to $80k for the whole portfolio, and so then in 2021, they went up to $69k, which is $690k in value and then dropped back down to around $16k $160k and currently floating around $42.4k.. which is $424k for all of them, so there can be a lot of variation in the value based on price for someone who had made the whole investment for $5k, and so even in a day if the BTC price goes up or down by $5k, then the value of his total holdings goes up or down by $50k.. which is 10x the amount that he had invested into BTC.

So, I am using that example because it is somewhat easy to calculate and to show realistically how some longer term HODLers could be tempted to sell based on changes in price (or value of the total holdings), and even if many of us might continue to buy BTC and to stack BTC, so the numbers will sometimes become more complicated in terms of if we want to calculate the value of some of our coins different than others, even if we might also want to attempt to assess our overall average cost per BTC for all of our holdings too.

There are also a lot of ways that we could end up overly complicating matters or to be overly thinking what we should do or not do, yet if our overall goal is holding most if not all of our BTC, it likely becomes easier to just consider what we might do in terms of mostly holding onto our BTC and not getting so worked up about the paper value of our holdings and how it changes over time, even if we still might have the option to actually pull the trigger and to realize the paper values into real money in our pockets, but there still may well be questions if we are better off by making those kinds of plays rather than just riding out the various cycles and trying to consider what to do, when to do it and/or under what circumstances to do it from a broader framework that may well involve the passage of certain price points, or the passage of certain time points or maybe some other criteria that helps us to plan whether there may be any value in cashing out  some or just keeping with holding and/or buying more BTC from time to time.

So however having a proper planning on Bitcoin investment I see no reason why other needs will pulled your Bitcoin investment down although sometimes there could be some unforseen circumstances but however there should be some reservations kept for those purposes while your investment keeps running.

Getting through a whole first cycle is probably amongst the most challenging - especially for guys who likely overinvest and they did not have a plan that was strong enough and/or strict enough to get them through their whole first cycle.  

Making it through a whole cycle does not necessarily automatically make it easier to not have emotional issues in relation to your BTC stash and its price volatility, but it does seem more likely that ongoing preparation or buying or even other ways of dealing with your stash does make it more likely that each of us will have better abilities to know how we want to manage our BTC stash once we make it through a whole cycle (that is if we are able to survive a whole cycle.. what would be the odds?  Maybe way less than 50%?  I am not sure).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Fara Chan

Activity: 1288
Merit: 516

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 11:53:32 PM

The core point of this topic is actually not just discussing investment, but rather how to understand how everyone is able to Buy the DIP, and HODL without being forced and also more readily without having to sell it when there are daily needs which can be considered as a urge for him. So that's what you have to understand because whatever we want to do, of course there must be preparation at the beginning so it is highly recommended to make as thorough a consideration as possible before doing it with a desire that is already quite established.

If you are targeting profit, I think investment is not the only way to make a profit, although there are many people who do that to get better profits. However, in many ways, you can actually do several other things besides investing if you are pursuing profits from one of the cryptocurrencies, a close example is trading and also opening a business service that can bring you profits.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Litzki1990

Activity: 1190
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2023, 04:34:15 AM

You initially decide to borrow $1000 from your family for investment but later you change your decision and decide to invest based on your income. It was the right decision for you because investment should never be done by borrowing money from others. 

Investing in the future is very uncertain because if you invest here you cannot say for sure that you will get profit after some time but your investment may have both profit and loss. You invest in Bitcoin with a loan of 1000 dollars and after a few days of investment you suffer a bit and at that time your family needs 1000 dollars but you don't want to sell your investment and pay off your family's loan.

You are a mason and you earn 5 to 7 dollars daily but at the end of the month you earn 150 to 200 dollars. If you have an income of $150 to $200, the maximum cost for your family may be $100. Spending $100 a month still leaves you with $50 to $100 left over. Between $50 and $100, you might want to spend some money on other things, and some cash you might want to keep with you for future needs, and with the remaining money, you can easily manage your investments. Since you are a mason, I think that mason is always in demand and your job is permanent, since your job is permanent, you can invest in bitcoin regularly for nine to ten years if you want. 

If you think about investing this way, it is actually much easier to hold the investment for a long time. New investors can definitely follow this investment method of yours.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Gallar

Activity: 602
Merit: 291

View Profile
December 31, 2023, 04:52:52 AM

Just my opinion.
Perhaps you are right but however each individuals or rather an investors has there objective, purpose and plans on why they intend to invest on Bitcoin because there people who are very wealthy that they can be able to acquire more than 20 Bitcoin without being affected on there financial state and perhaps such a person could decide to invest that much on Bitcoin and not because he intend to use the investment to buy one big stuff or the other but instead they invest the money for there family to have a better life when he is no more, so perhaps we cannot advise somebody with that motive to sell his investment all because of pleasure.
~Snip
I personally also agree that investment results (bitcoin/or other assets) will be better if enjoyed when you are still young and your body is in good health. But returning to each person, all bitcoin investors definitely have different investment intentions. It may be true, some people are able to buy 20 bitcoins without disrupting their assets. So it makes sense if these assets are planned for their children or grandchildren. Because rich people have personal finances that are very sufficient for themselves, without having to touch the profits from the bitcoin investment.

However, it's a different story if those who invest in Bitcoin are people who are not very rich (middle/lower middle class). Certainly more or less of these people want to feel the benefits of their investment. Because from the start the investment was planned to be felt and enjoyed by himself and his family. So in general it is not intended to be inherited.

Therefore, when talking about investors (bitcoin) the answers will definitely be different. Because all investors definitely have different intentions, different desires, and different goals in carrying out their investments. So basically all bitcoin investors have personal rights and opinions.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
AirtelBuzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 210

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2023, 06:01:45 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), michellee (1)

Why would you limit it to 4 years?  Even if you increase your investment to $50 per month that would be right around $600 per year and $2,400 in 4 years.  It does not seem to be a place to be stopping.  And let's say you extent that to 20 years, and then you have right around $12k invested, so now you might start to be getting somewhere in the event that your disposable income does not go up.. but there can be ongoing adding of value and then at some point it might start to become more clear if you should be changing your strategy or at what point you might be getting to be out of accumulation phase and into either maintenance stage or liquidation stage.. and surely from my own thinking it does not seem clear to transition from accumulation stage to liquidation stage without first going through a period of maintenance stage... but hey, each of us have our ways of thinking about these kinds of bitcoin investment related matters.
Actually I earn about 180 dollars per month doing masonry work. I put aside a day's worth of my paycheck at the end of this work week to invest in Bitcoin and my wife puts about $25 of my monthly income into insurance. We have done this insurance for about 10 years.Where we have to deposit 25 dollars amount money every month.

JayJuanGee After reading the post you quoted me I explained to my wife that if we invest the money in the insurance we are collecting into bitcoins our bitcoins will increase. We will even get more money if we invest in bitcoins than if we put money in insurance.

My wife is literate which didn't take me long to convince her but she already had a little idea about cryptocurrencies and even Bitcoin. But he didn't understand well about bitcoin investment after I explained him well he asked me to invest that amount in bitcoin instead of saving the money in insurance. We have decided to start our new bitcoin investment journey from next month i.e. January and invest $45 per month in bitcoins and its duration will be ten years. In future we have decided to increase the amount of investment but we will try to increase it according to the cost of our family.

michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

🐺Spinarium.com🐺 - iGaming casino

View Profile
December 31, 2023, 06:10:06 AM

Actually I earn about 180 dollars per month doing masonry work.I put aside a day's worth of my paycheck at the end of this work week to invest in Bitcoin, and my wife puts about $25 of my monthly income into insurance. We have done this insurance for about 10 years.Where we have to deposit 25 dollars amount money every month.

@Jaygungee After reading the post you quoted me, I explained to my wife that if we invest the money in the insurance we are collecting into bitcoins, our bitcoins will increase.We can even get more profit by collecting money in insurance than by investing in Bitcoin.

My wife is literate which didn't take me long to convince her but she already had a little idea about cryptocurrencies and even Bitcoin.But he didn't understand well about bitcoin investment after I explained him well he asked me to invest that amount in bitcoin instead of saving the money in insurance.We have decided to start our new bitcoin investment journey from next month i.e. January and invest $45 per month in bitcoins and its duration will be ten years.
It is a good idea to include Bitcoin in your investment list. You've done a good thing by putting $25 into insurance, which should continue as usual.

Meanwhile, you can put other free money into Bitcoin investments. As for the amount, it can be adjusted to your financial management.
That is called DCA, where you invest regularly in Bitcoin every week or month.

With $25 for insurance and $20 monthly to invest in Bitcoin, it can start whenever you are ready. But if you intend to allocate $45 monthly into Bitcoin, it's also worth doing. The important thing is that you can allocate the money well and not interfere with your daily needs. And don't forget to have savings in preparation if you encounter sudden needs that those savings can cover.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 31, 2023, 06:29:55 AM

We never magnify the small things that cause us to get frustrated before we slow down. We think that if we invest 20 dollars or 50 dollars every week or every month, what will happen to us with this investment and we will not get any profit from this investment, but whenever we calculate this small amount to a much bigger one, but we see that. By investing little by little, the amount of investment at one time has become a lot. 

Crops on the farmer's land but not so easily. To grow crops on the land, the farmer has to work hard, take care and be patient. The farmer first plants the seeds in the land and then starts the farmer maintenance by giving regular watering and various spraying to protect the crop from harmful insects. In addition to spraying, the land should be monitored regularly so that the crop grows slowly and after a long period of growth, the farmer can harvest the crop from his land. 

In addition to the cultivation of crops on the farmer's land, here we can draw another example where many bees gather together to collect a small amount of honey from a flower and at a time they fill the bucket with honey. We can follow the honey bee collecting bit by bit in investing. By investing little by little like a bee, one time your investment will fill up like a bee hive, only we need to be patient and invest consistently.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2023, 10:03:06 AM

~Snip
I personally also agree that investment results (bitcoin/or other assets) will be better if enjoyed when you are still young and your body is in good health. But returning to each person, all bitcoin investors definitely have different investment intentions. It may be true, some people are able to buy 20 bitcoins without disrupting their assets. So it makes sense if these assets are planned for their children or grandchildren. Because rich people have personal finances that are very sufficient for themselves, without having to touch the profits from the bitcoin investment.

However, it's a different story if those who invest in Bitcoin are people who are not very rich (middle/lower middle class). Certainly more or less of these people want to feel the benefits of their investment. Because from the start the investment was planned to be felt and enjoyed by himself and his family. So in general it is not intended to be inherited.

Therefore, when talking about investors (bitcoin) the answers will definitely be different. Because all investors definitely have different intentions, different desires, and different goals in carrying out their investments. So basically all bitcoin investors have personal rights and opinions.
Actually I'm not disputing the fact that is of a great importance for investors to enjoy there investment while they are still young and healthy but however the points I'm trying to make is that in as much as most investors believe that they can easily make huge return from there Bitcoin investment within a certain period of time shouldn't give them the mindset that they should channel all there aspirations, goals through there Bitcoin investment because is not a get rich quick and the possibility of getting to your expected points may not be certain and perhaps it could also get to your expected points but nothing is certain because we cannot predict the price of Bitcoin and perhaps just like those that invested on Bitcoin when the price was still $3k they never put all there aspirations through there Bitcoin investment but however the potential they saw on Bitcoin was there propelling factor that motivates them to invest on Bitcoin with the believe that some day Bitcoin Will be worth so much, and however within number of years Bitcoin price was able to hit $50k. So perhaps the points I'm trying to make is that seeing how Bitcoin price skyrocketed in years ago shouldn't give most investors the mindset that immediately they invest on Bitcoin is going to make same move again, so is better to keep investing and leave the rest for Bitcoin price.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Lidger

Activity: 61
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 31, 2023, 12:12:33 PM

You've proven that investing can be done if you have the mindset to invest, and that you don't have to have a big job or a big business to invest.  

You are a mason and you say your monthly income is $180. By earning $180 every month, you are investing some amount of money regularly, besides taking care of your family. Many people can't take care of their family by earning 500 to 600 dollars every month, where you are taking care of your family and investing well with only 180 dollars income. This type of investment looks like you don't have enough money to invest but your own willpower is enough.

Your life is regular and you spend your money regularly which is why you are thinking about your future and investing for it. My advice for you is that since you have started investing, you should continue this investment and also try to work a little harder so that more money will be your income at the end of the month. The rest of the money you earn can be invested in Bitcoin if you want. If you can continue this investment consistently for a long time, your investment amount should not be less than that of a large investment. Investing every month will complete your step by step investment and it is positive for your investment.
Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 31, 2023, 06:20:04 PM

Closing 2023 and into a new year, I'd like to appreciate this forum for its contribution to our lives. I've learnt a lot this 2023 from this forum that I can now add to my new year resolutions as a beginner. This thread BUY THE DIP AND HOLD has really given me a better mindset on how to approach investment in Bitcoin, before now I was very careless in investing, but now I can say I'm quite matured and I would love to really thank everyone that has contributed to this thread being alive and has shared important information to me and everyone.

I've known  about DCA and lump sum strategy in accumulating bitcoin before now . But this this thread has opened my eyes to their strengths and weakness, I'm more confident about my bitcoin goals and I know I would make it there with all of your help.

A big thank you to everyone. And happy new year

Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2023, 06:39:24 PM

Why would you limit it to 4 years?  Even if you increase your investment to $50 per month that would be right around $600 per year and $2,400 in 4 years.  It does not seem to be a place to be stopping.  And let's say you extent that to 20 years, and then you have right around $12k invested, so now you might start to be getting somewhere in the event that your disposable income does not go up.. but there can be ongoing adding of value and then at some point it might start to become more clear if you should be changing your strategy or at what point you might be getting to be out of accumulation phase and into either maintenance stage or liquidation stage.. and surely from my own thinking it does not seem clear to transition from accumulation stage to liquidation stage without first going through a period of maintenance stage... but hey, each of us have our ways of thinking about these kinds of bitcoin investment related matters.
Actually I earn about 180 dollars per month doing masonry work. I put aside a day's worth of my paycheck at the end of this work week to invest in Bitcoin and my wife puts about $25 of my monthly income into insurance. We have done this insurance for about 10 years. Where we have to deposit 25 dollars amount money every month.
Perhaps you have figured out your finances to know that setting aside a day pay to invest in Bitcoin will not put you under financial pressures. I say this because it is one thing to buy Bitcoin and another to hold because holding require that basic needs are met and plans also put in place for little reserve funds in case of unforeseen events that may arise. If you get distracted by the excitement of being a Bitcoin investor and holder without making adequate preparations, a little change of events may force you to sell some or all your Bitcoin and this will discourage or demoralize you a lot. Therefore, inasmuch as it feels good knowing that you are saving for the future via Bitcoin investment

JayJuanGee After reading the post you quoted me I explained to my wife that if we invest the money in the insurance we are collecting into bitcoins our bitcoins will increase. We will even get more money if we invest in bitcoins than if we put money in insurance.
I feel there is a little challenge with this. Insurance serve its purpose which mitigates risk to your physical assets; have you thought about how it will be when you stop paying for the insurance and accident happens? Don't you think if this happens you will be forced to sell the Bitcoin you accumulated? We are not praying for accidents but we must always prepare for things that are not within our control.

Insurance is very important that is why many companies have even been studying how to insure digital assets such as Bitcoin even though they have not made much progress. I was fortunate to read about some of those companies that tried venturing into insurance of digital assets and I feel it is still an ongoing project.

I think insurance qualify as basic needs that should be prioritized therefore the money should not be channeled into Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: