Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:13:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 404 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76979 times)
salad daging

Activity: 1638
Merit: 796

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2024, 04:14:36 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ginsan (1)

Actually, there is no harm in doing analysis before buying bitcoin. However, if the analysis takes too long to make you hesitate when making a purchase, I think the action is a bit excessive. Because for example the analysis is good and thorough, but in the end you hesitate when making a purchase (procrastinate), most likely the end result will not be good. So the solution is just to analyze Bitcoin well, then after that make a purchase with the money that has been prepared (cold money) and don't think too much which makes your mind anxious.

Besides, I think having a habit like that is also a bit bad. Because I am of the view that if bitcoin investors have a habit of delaying purchases, there are several factors surrounding these investors.

• It could be because the person is too greedy in seeking profit
  • Using hot money
  • Short term investors
  • or also beginners who are just starting to invest.

But basically I also don't blame people like that. Because after all it is their money, their decisions and every decision that comes out is their right. But this is a lesson for me as well as for anyone who doesn't understand this yet. In fact, delaying purchases when investing in bitcoin is not a good thing.

And DCA is indeed a good solution to this problem. Because if I buy bitcoin with the DCA strategy, what I experience is that I enjoy the investment process more. Because I don't need to be confused about when to buy bitcoin (because it has been determined from the start) and I'm not afraid of missing out on cheap prices (because the goal is not for a short time). So if you invest in Bitcoin with a DCA strategy, everything becomes more focused and directed very neatly.
Too much analysis for me he is doing trading not buy bitcoin for investment.

I quite agree with your points: I think it is indeed to be excessive because the goal of investing is even hampered by the analysis that is made but instead it becomes doubt and anxiety in the end to delay the purchase of bitcoin because it is still in doubt and the rest.

1. Just do the analysis, if the price corrects/discounts then buy in a lumpsum way.
2. If you are not good at analysis, just invest with the DCA method you don't need to think about the price up / down on its basis, just keep buying with continuous accumulation.

Do not forget about cash flow adjustments, set aside how many percent for bitcoin does not need to be too large a percentage, enough you take every month from the salary received the rest maybe 70% can be used according to your needs.

DCA is indeed the right way, I have been doing it all the time until now, I don't see the price going up / down and keep buying regardless of anything, see what is shown I previously had an average purchase of $28K because DCA is already profitable of course but I will continue DCA.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ruttoshi

Activity: 308
Merit: 271

Baba God Noni

View Profile
January 08, 2024, 04:34:31 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I completely agree that each of the newbie accumulators need to mostly focus on DCA, and if they want to try to wait and time dips, they also should be putting deadlines on themselves, so for example, if they have a weekly DCA, and they want to try to time the dip within each week, then they try to time their BTC buy for when the price seems to be most dipped within the week, but if the price is only going  up, then they are going to have to have a deadline.. such as Saturday at noon or whatever time in which their definition of the week ends and the new week begins, so they make themselves buy by the deadline if they had not bought earlier in the week.
This is a good strategy to use to see if you can buy at the low price from the initial price during the week and I haven't thought of this since I started my DCA approach. I am also looking at it from this way that since I am a newbie who has already made up my mind to hodli for a long term and at the same time increase my bitcoin portfolio. Looking for the dip wouldn't be necessary as it might even make you ignore the opportunity to buy at that moment that the funds is available at the available price and when you don't, you might be unlucky that the price will then move above the price that you were suppose to buy. Looking for the dip during the week might not be helpful, buy immediately you have the money since you are on a long term drive, because the price different wouldn't be much. Where this will be very helpful will be for investors that are buying once in a month, they can have the opportunity to take their time to look for the dip price of bitcoin within the month to take advantage of and also have a time limit like you said. Accumulating persistently is what really matters.

On the other hand if an investor wants to take advantage of the dip, then he should always save some unwanted and unexpected funds to buy at dip.

I am not sure if I would call it lack of knowledge or even lack of experience, but some kind of lack of confidence and appreciation of the value of acting rather than fucking around trying to figure out which way the BTC price is going to go in the short term..
I will also say that it is lack of determination and zeal to get started. Also I think that such people are more of short term mindset.

So I just clear that for some Bitcoin is all about and for some others altcoins matter.
It like you are a shitcoin investor, this one that you are coming here to hype shitcoin. If it is true, you should better sell those shitcoin of your and invest the money on bitcoin, if not you will regret it. You cannot compare superior to inferior. Like @JJG said if you can't do without shitcoin, let it be below 10% of your investment portfolio. Whatever, you have your own decision to make.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Promocodeudo

Activity: 378
Merit: 182

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2024, 05:40:30 PM

Bitcoin is the best because those who are smart investors must invest in Bitcoin. And investors who are ready to invest for a short period of time and are prepared to lose money will prefer unique coins. But the risk is very less when investing in Bitcoin, that's why people are more inclined towards Bitcoin investment. Because investing in Bitcoin must be a long-term investment because only Bitcoin can help economically in the future.
Wether investment is for the short term or long time, Bitcoin investment should be the goal and not any compromise. No investor invest with the sole purpose of losing money, sometimes it could be that they lack the right knowledge and understanding about Bitcoin and possible consequences that their actions will result to. It could be that those who do this are people who were recently introduced into crypto currency trading and investment without proper guidance or adequate knowledge. Some people just want to dive into something because they heard that it's profitable without knowing the underlying risks.
I actually agree with @Popkon6 that Bitcoin is the best asset for investment with the right approach being long term. People start investment through different motivations with the common denominator being to make money at the end. Like you rightly said, the sole reason for investing is to make profits but care must be taken if we must achieve this purpose and also be able to sustain the money.

You said something about knowledge of Bitcoin, I think it is only basic knowledge of Bitcoin you need to start already because complete knowledge of Bitcoin is still something that is unfolding. That is why we have Bitcoin devs, they are constantly improving the Bitcoin network to add better security and ease of use. To buttress this, you can see that the Bitcoin network is yet to overcome the ordinal attack that was launched on it using vulnerability some people noticed. This was not seen years ago and is a result of continuous study of the Bitcoin protocol. So the knowledge aspect is not something that should be the decider for investment even though it is important.

What you said is true, there are still part of Bitcoin people don't know, where one stop marks the beginning of others, we never can tell if people get to know about it, this might lead to reluctance by individuals who are ready to invest, in the aspect of bitcoin knowledge before investing in it, the knowledge of Bitcoin is a continuous process, once you have the knowledge of how the system works and the secured wallet to use in storing your Bitcoin at this point, I think that you are good to go, other process of learning follows later once you are fully into the business.

Know doubt every investor wants a profit-oriented business and also want to make money in any investment they are into, but such investor should also know that loss in a business settings is inevitable and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it from happening, that's why it is advisable for one to chose the plan that fits him or her in other to avoid self blame.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10193

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 08, 2024, 08:41:38 PM
Merited by jrrsparkles (1)

snip-
i see, Thank you sir, as someone who is new to bitcoin investment, I am still learning about many things, of course the input you provide will be very useful for me in the future.

To be honest, I don't know much about the "shitcoin" you mean sir, but there is a possibility that I will learn about some things like that too, In my opinion, new things like that are always interesting to learn. That doesn't mean I went into investing without knowing first. Because there are many things I need to know and I need to find out first before i start to invest. 😁

As long as you pick a position size that is reasonable, even if you are ONLY able to buy $10 of bitcoin per week, you can invest and learn as you go, and so the longer that you are buying bitcoin and studying it, the more you will learn along the way.... so having a bit of stake in bitcoin can be helpful to learning, and if you feel that you don't know enough, then just make sure that you keep your investment amount on the lower end until you start to feel more comfortable with it.

Another thing is that people sometimes will get mixed up with exchanges versus holding their own bitcoin, so if you keep your coins on exchanges, there are some risks with that, yet personally, I am o.k. with beginners keeping coins on exchanges until they start to get to higher numbers, such as $500, $1k or even more, and then once you get to those higher amounts, then you should be figuring out ways to move some or all of the BTC that you have on exchanges to private wallets.   In recent times, it can be expensive to move a bunch of small BTC transactions.

Some of my friends think that my step is the wrong step because I am considered late, But I think that it is better late than never.

People who believe that they are late to bitcoin don't understand bitcoin, and in 4 to 10 years or longer, some of those fence sitters and/or no coiners are going to feel that they have to change their mind and either end up getting into bitcoin or putting off their investment into bitcoin even further, and some of them may well end up dying without any bitcoin, and in the mean time, the folks who have been ongoingly accumulating bitcoin, even the ones just getting into bitcoin now, are going to have very decent chances to be way better off than those folks (including having more options in life). 

So there are likely going to continue to be a lot of folks who fail to get in or delay getting in or deny that bitcoin is still in its early stages, and those people are likely to be the ones who are disadvantaged by their ongoing failure/refusal to either study more into bitcoin and/or to take action, even if they are still studying and trying to figure out what bitcoin is.

It is difficult to to know exactly how early we are, but it does seem that a lot of us are still ahead of institutional and government investors - which is not usually something that we are able to invest into.. because usually normal people are not able to front run institutional and governmental investors... which also seems to be a sign that we are still very early in the BTC adoption process.

Some people just want to dive into something because they heard that it's profitable without knowing the underlying risks.

With bitcoin it is good to dive in and get the fuck started.

With bitcoin an overwhelming number of people wait too damned long, and they better get started rather than sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

One of the ways to deal with supposed "risks" is with position size and DCA.. and maybe a little bit of front-loading of the investment.

So there is a need to get enough of a stake into bitcoin so that you have enough that you feel comfortable if the price goes shooting up, so you do not run the risk of FOMO.. 

and another issue is to be able to have enough money to invest in case the BTC price goes down or sideways rather than UP, and in that case there is a need to be able to either to establish a DCA plan and/or to buy on dips.

Another issue is figuring out your own finances, but you can learn a lot of that as you go.. so the initial investment should not take a whole hell of a lot of work.. to merely figure out whether you have $10 or $100 or whatever available to get started.. and then figure out the other details as you go, including getting your finances in order (if they are out of order) and creating and maintaining an emergency fund (if you don't already have one).

[edited out]
You said something about knowledge of Bitcoin, I think it is only basic knowledge of Bitcoin you need to start already because complete knowledge of Bitcoin is still something that is unfolding. That is why we have Bitcoin devs, they are constantly improving the Bitcoin network to add better security and ease of use. To buttress this, you can see that the Bitcoin network is yet to overcome the ordinal attack that was launched on it using vulnerability some people noticed. This was not seen years ago and is a result of continuous study of the Bitcoin protocol. So the knowledge aspect is not something that should be the decider for investment even though it is important.

Exactly.  In bitcoin there are people from all walks of life.  Smart people, dumb people, people who have specific specialty areas and who are smart in those specialty areas, and some know things about bitcoin and some do not.  So knowing specifically about aspects of bitcoin is a learning process, and there may be a lot of areas that you may or may not know or be able to figure out, yet even just learning about your own financial and psychological management attributes can be something that you can improve upon through investing in bitcoin, even though people will have a variety of different levels of knowledge in regards to their own financial and psychological management, even though you can also learn and get better at those matters as you go forward in your investment in bitcoin, too.

Wether investment is for the short term or long time, Bitcoin investment should be the goal and not any compromise. No investor invest with the sole purpose of losing money, sometimes it could be that they lack the right knowledge and understanding about Bitcoin and possible consequences that their actions will result to. It could be that those who do this are people who were recently introduced into crypto currency trading and investment without proper guidance or adequate knowledge. Some people just want to dive into something because they heard that it's profitable without knowing the underlying risks.
Before people start investing in Bitcoin, they should learn about it first. They don't need to immediately decide to invest in Bitcoin, especially if they don't know how. Most people rush into investing in Bitcoin, so many of them panic when things don't go according to their wishes.

Although investing in Bitcoin can be used for the short term, many people realize they can make huge profits if they hold for a long time. The profits will be greater than in the short term and they can also use their time to accumulate more Bitcoins.

But whatever time they choose, make sure they study it first so they don't make the wrong move. And only use money they can afford to invest in Bitcoin. Many people use the all-in method, which is not recommended due to a lack of knowledge about investing in Bitcoin.

I agree with you that an "all in" method is not a good starting method; however, getting started as soon as possible is a good method, and it does not even matter the BTC price, as long as you are invested for the longer term 4-10 years or longer, you can start at any time... and perhaps front load a bit, but just do not go "all in" as that is not a good way to go forward, even though the intuition to lump sum is not a bad one, as long as you are able to supplement with DCA and buying on dips.. and sticking out your investment for 4-10 years or longer.

For plebs like us who don't have millions upon millions in capital, long term/low time preference/HODL is the only way to invest in Bitcoin.

That does not sound right.  DCA works for everyone, whether plebs or not.

In order to prepare for UP, you have to get a stake in the game, and if you have no stake in the game, then you run the risk of FOMOing when the BTC price is going up.. so sometimes a bit of front-load lump summing can be a good thing, and just planning to buy for the next 4-10 years or longer, and reassess at various points along the way.

Not all cryptocurrencies are worth investing in and not all of them are doing better than other forms of investment. I keep telling people that if you must invest in a digital asset it must be Bitcoin. Anything other than Bitcoin you are on your own as your investment is not guaranteed. For me, it is either Bitcoin or nothing else.
We know for investment we chose Bitcoin because it provides us with a good return but this wait is needed because Bitcoin does not go up and down rapidly.
I disagree with this statement. We did not invest in bitcoin because it gives us great returns from our investments, we invest in bitcoin because it gives us total control over our money, no third party will decide how and when we will do our transactions in bitcoin, it helps to overcome inflation, and our bitcoin investment is safer because bitcoin is not a pump and dump coin.

I think that it can be and maybe should be both.

Bitcoin is both number go up technology and it also possesses various financial sovereignty attributes that are beneficial to holders and even beneficial to system-wide aspect of the unfairness of the current money system that privileges insiders (and various persons closer to the money).  

By the way, bitcoin also benefits various persons closer to the money in the sense that those who get in first are likely benefitted quite more than those who get in later... even though some of the unfairnesses of the status quo system can still be transferred into bitcoin, since status quo rich persons, institutions and governments will advantage more than status quo poor persons, institutions and governments, yet those of the same class who get in first are likely to benefit more than those who get in later..   Bitcoin does not resolve all unfairness problems in the world, but it does seem to bring a lot of correcting mechanisms into the mix to take out quite a few of the middleman rent seekers who are in the current problematic systems that are in place.

DCA is indeed the right way, I have been doing it all the time until now, I don't see the price going up / down and keep buying regardless of anything, see what is shown I previously had an average purchase of $28K because DCA is already profitable of course but I will continue DCA.

You surely must have started late with your DCA strategy, because if I look at your registration date, if you had been strictly and consistently DCA'ing since March 2017, you should have had an average cost per BTC of right around $8,700.  

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 08, 2024, 08:53:46 PM

Another thing is that people sometimes will get mixed up with exchanges versus holding their own bitcoin, so if you keep your coins on exchanges, there are some risks with that, yet personally, I am o.k. with beginners keeping coins on exchanges until they start to get to higher numbers, such as $500, $1k or even more, and then once you get to those higher amounts, then you should be figuring out ways to move some or all of the BTC that you have on exchanges to private wallets.   In recent times, it can be expensive to move a bunch of small BTC transactions.

I agree, anyone who is buying Bitcoin on a small scale should kept their BTC in the exchange itself because withdrawal fees are insane due to market congestion which is an ongoing issue since Nov so obviously the withdrawal fee on most exchanges are around $40 so I wouldn't withdraw unless I have around $500 or let's say once in a couple of months for someone who is been investing using DCA every week.

Withdrawing via LN is an option but definitely I won't recommend it for a beginner because they could mess up with opening LN channel and lose their BTC, so the good choice is keeping funds in exchanges but not for too long as well.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 280
Merit: 159

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 06:03:16 AM

Not all crypto currencies are worth investing on and not all of them are doing better than other forms of investment. I keep telling people that if you must invest in digital asset it must be Bitcoin. Anything other than Bitcoin you are on your own as your investment is not guaranteed. For me it is either Bitcoin or nothing else.

Sometimes when people are told about investing in bitcoin and nothing but bitcoin, it seams like a nursery rhyme that is being reapeated always. where as it's agender is for a greater porpose of people not to make mistakes. It would be bad for people to see the future and important of bitcoin investment, yet they choose not to invest wisely. and possibly people pay deaf ears to  invest In it . No matter what happens the sheep will always be ships and the Wolves also the Wolves.

I have tested altcoins and see the difference between them and bitcoin. Its never a comparison.  Though sometimes people need to loss sum huge amount of fund to altcoin for them to learn their lessons, otherwise they will think all what they say here is a joke.

Whatever that is taught on this thread for age's is not really a joke and not for merit porpose but to impact moral to people and learn investment plan. Despite all what I have learnt here About investing on bitcoin I choose to try luck on altcoin but lost some fund of About $30. thou it might look very small but in DCA of $5 weekly can serve for a month and 2 weeks so its something. So when I lost it due to greed of making fast profit, i realised that it has been said reapeatedly never to invest on altcoins but only on bitcoin and holding for long. So I urge everyone that this thread has generated Upto 250 pages, and that is not a joke and not to be taken for granted. It gives joy to someone seeing that all efforts made to educate people should not be proven abortive. But a point of contact for the betterment of the future of everyone.
Mate, $30 is no small fund when it comes to investing in bitcoin, if you add an extra $70 you could have gotten $100 and used it to invest in bitcoin through the DCA strategy. We have been saying that investing in altcoin coins is too risky because they are only in for your money and the big whales will take liquidity from your fund. But it is good you realized that this thread has been helpful to you and also opened your eyes to see bitcoin as the future. You can start to accumulate your bitcoin through the DCA strategy, believe me, your bitcoin investment will be much better than investing in an altcoin coin.

Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 06:16:59 AM
Merited by Fuso.hp (2)

Bitcoin is the best because those who are smart investors must invest in Bitcoin. And investors who are ready to invest for a short period of time and are prepared to lose money will prefer unique coins. But the risk is very less when investing in Bitcoin, that's why people are more inclined towards Bitcoin investment. Because investing in Bitcoin must be a long-term investment because only Bitcoin can help economically in the future.

Both profit and loss are investments. As we invest with the intention of making a profit, there is a possibility of loss in the investment along with the profit. One of the most effective ways to invest in Bitcoin is to invest in the DCA method to reduce the risk of excess losses. Investing in DCA method is very easy and safe investment method. Investing in DCA method will give the investor an opportunity to invest according to market movements. An investor can invest in DCA method on hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis. Hourly method means that the investor can invest a certain amount of money every few hours. In this case, if the investor takes the help of the auto investment feature, then he has to keep enough money in his wallet. For example someone is planning to start his investment with 1000 dollars in this case he can take help of auto investment if he wants. With the help of auto investment, the investor can set a certain amount of money on an hourly or daily basis, so that at the end of a certain period, a certain amount of money will be invested in Bitcoin from the spot account of the investor. I think it is a very effective method for investors.

Now suppose an investor invests 5 dollars and after an hour again he invests 5 dollars but there is some difference between investing 5 dollars in two steps. The price of investing in both ways will not be the same. In one case, the investor may invest at a relatively low price and at another stage may invest in bitcoins at a relatively high price. There is a lot less risk when price compromises are made and if this can be done over a long period of time then the potential for profit in this investment is very high. If a person thinks that it is not possible for him to invest 5 dollars per hour then he can invest 5 dollars every day or he can invest 20 to 30 dollars weekly it will make investment much easier for that person and he can continue investing in this way for a long time.

As much as novice investors find investing difficult, I think I have been able to simplify their investment concepts. By following this way it is much easier for everyone to invest and relatively less
avp2306

Activity: 980
Merit: 348

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 09:02:17 AM

I agree, anyone who is buying Bitcoin on a small scale should kept their BTC in the exchange itself because withdrawal fees are insane due to market congestion which is an ongoing issue since Nov so obviously the withdrawal fee on most exchanges are around $40 so I wouldn't withdraw unless I have around $500 or let's say once in a couple of months for someone who is been investing using DCA every week.

Withdrawing via LN is an option but definitely I won't recommend it for a beginner because they could mess up with opening LN channel and lose their BTC, so the good choice is keeping funds in exchanges but not for too long as well.

Having that $40 is better than nothing so if that is the amount which a user can avail then its good since from that he may have chance to use it for DCA or decide just to save it for long term hodl. People just need to know their intention for investing on bitcoin since once they set a good plan for it for sure that everything will smooth on all decisions they made.

LN will be good option so if they want to know more technical things about bitcoin then they could try to use it to test out how all those things works.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
Fuso.hp

Activity: 434
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 09:33:08 AM
Merited by Rabata (2), AirtelBuzz (2), Zanab247 (1)

If after starting small scale investment an investor feels that he will increase his investment amount regularly then he must keep his investment in any exchange account. An investor will invest regularly and an investor will invest a large sum of money together but there is a significant difference between these two investments. An investor who will invest a large amount of money together will not need much to transfer bitcoins, but an investor who will start investing in a small scale and will continue his investment regularly will definitely need to transfer bitcoins regularly. In the case of regular Bitcoin transfer, it can be seen that due to high transaction fees, he is not able to make regular Bitcoin transactions, as a result of which there is an obstacle in his transaction, so that there is no obstacle in the transaction, consistent investors are advised to use an exchange account. 

Many may say that holding bitcoins in an exchange account is risky, you are not the only user who is holding their investment in an exchange account, there are much bigger investors than you who have left millions of dollars in exchange accounts. Since they took this risk, you must also take risks, and without taking risks, progress in life is not possible.

Mate, $30 is no small fund when it comes to investing in bitcoin, if you add an extra $70 you could have gotten $100 and used it to invest in bitcoin through the DCA strategy. We have been saying that investing in altcoin coins is too risky because they are only in for your money and the big whales will take liquidity from your fund. But it is good you realized that this thread has been helpful to you and also opened your eyes to see bitcoin as the future. You can start to accumulate your bitcoin through the DCA strategy, believe me, your bitcoin investment will be much better than investing in an altcoin coin.
If an investor invests in DCA (Dollar Cost Averaging) method then investing 30$ is not at all less for him. You may be investing exactly $1K but the investor who invests regularly with 30 dollars but one time investment amount will be much more than your $1K. And if you buy bitcoins with exactly $1K and another investor makes 30$ to invest in DCA method, the investment amount is $1k. When you buy Bitcoin with $10K suppose the price of Bitcoin was $30K but after you invested Bitcoin value decreased by several steps but you will show some money loss from your capital. On the other hand, the person who will make a continuous investment of 30$ will be buying bitcoins at every step of the bitcoin price, so the profit will be more than the loss. That is the benefit of investing in the DCA method.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

🐺Spinarium.com🐺 - iGaming casino

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 09:55:52 AM

Before people start investing in Bitcoin, they should learn about it first. They don't need to immediately decide to invest in Bitcoin, especially if they don't know how. Most people rush into investing in Bitcoin, so many of them panic when things don't go according to their wishes.

In my personal opinion, newbies could buy now - as long as they're entering into a favorable price-point if buying the DIP, OR any price-point if the intend to DCA, THEN learn more deeply about it later.

If a newbie waits to learn more about it first, he/she might end up buying much later because there's simply so much more to learn once you have learned about Bitcoin. Truly learning about it is a long term journey and discovery.
It's okay if he decides to learn it first before buying Bitcoin because one person's understanding will be different. A person who wants to learn the ropes wants to make sure that what he is about to do is correct to start buying Bitcoin. He can buy now when there is a correction and use DCA to buy Bitcoin regularly.

People give many reasons before they start investing in Bitcoin, one of which is their readiness to buy Bitcoin. And it's normal for someone not to buy Bitcoin immediately because it is new to them.

Although investing in Bitcoin can be used for the short term, many people realize they can make huge profits if they hold for a long time. The profits will be greater than in the short term and they can also use their time to accumulate more Bitcoin.
For plebs like us who don't have millions upon millions in capital, long term/low time preference/HODL is the only way to invest in Bitcoin.
Choosing to invest in Bitcoin for the long term is a good decision for them. It will give them the opportunity to collect more Bitcoins and be a good way of having investments in Bitcoins. We always recommend that to our friends who haven't started investing in Bitcoin.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 166

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 09:56:37 AM

Both profit and loss are investments. As we invest with the intention of making a profit, there is a possibility of loss in the investment along with the profit. One of the most effective ways to invest in Bitcoin is to invest in the DCA method to reduce the risk of excess losses. Investing in DCA method is very easy and safe investment method. Investing in DCA method will give the investor an opportunity to invest according to market movements. An investor can invest in DCA method on hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis. Hourly method means that the investor can invest a certain amount of money every few hours. In this case, if the investor takes the help of the auto investment feature, then he has to keep enough money in his wallet. For example someone is planning to start his investment with 1000 dollars in this case he can take help of auto investment if he wants. With the help of auto investment, the investor can set a certain amount of money on an hourly or daily basis, so that at the end of a certain period, a certain amount of money will be invested in Bitcoin from the spot account of the investor. I think it is a very effective method for investors.

Now suppose an investor invests 5 dollars and after an hour again he invests 5 dollars but there is some difference between investing 5 dollars in two steps. The price of investing in both ways will not be the same. In one case, the investor may invest at a relatively low price and at another stage may invest in bitcoins at a relatively high price. There is a lot less risk when price compromises are made and if this can be done over a long period of time then the potential for profit in this investment is very high. If a person thinks that it is not possible for him to invest 5 dollars per hour then he can invest 5 dollars every day or he can invest 20 to 30 dollars weekly it will make investment much easier for that person and he can continue investing in this way for a long time.

As much as novice investors find investing difficult, I think I have been able to simplify their investment concepts. By following this way it is much easier for everyone to invest and relatively less
Yes this methods is very effective and it has been proven over time that it is the best approach as many investors has testified about it. But doing it on an hourly basis looks some how as most times the price of Bitcoin are almost in same range for hours. Low funds investors can do it on weekly basis so that they won't be losing much money on trading fees. What matters is that you keep adding to your portfolio.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 11:42:00 AM

That does not sound right.  DCA works for everyone, whether plebs or not.

In order to prepare for UP, you have to get a stake in the game, and if you have no stake in the game, then you run the risk of FOMOing when the BTC price is going up.. so sometimes a bit of front-load lump summing can be a good thing, and just planning to buy for the next 4-10 years or longer, and reassess at various points along the way.

?

What my post was suggesting/emphasizing was long-term/low-time-preference investing is much better for low capitalized plebs like me than a more active "trading" approach, which opens the pleb to more mistakes, more emotions which also opens him/her to further trading mistakes, and a negative effect on his/her general mental well-being.

For more well-capitalized, sophisticated traders, they could use more approaches to make profit out of the volatility they experience in different markets because they have the liquidity that allows them to use different types of more active trading strategies.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
AirtelBuzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2024, 12:09:25 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2024, 12:25:57 PM by AirtelBuzz

Dollar Cost Averaging Method Bitcoin Investing makes it very easy for newbies to invest in Bitcoin. Rather investing in this method has made Bitcoin investing much easier for all investors. Now one can invest bitcoins from a small amount and gradually increase it according to his earnings. I think most investors now are investing in Bitcoin using the Dollar Cost Averaging method.

But all those who are investing in bitcoins in this way should keep in mind that the amount of money you are investing in bitcoins in this way weekly or monthly to meet your needs so that you don't have to use your invested bitcoins. Investing in DCA method is now very popular among everyone due to the fact that anyone can invest in Bitcoin with their fixed amount of money. The advantage of investing in Bitcoin with the Dollar Cost Averaging method is that your portfolio of invested Bitcoins grows slowly.

Yes $30 is not a small amount to invest in Bitcoin from the beginning but he can increase it gradually by dollar cost averaging method. I think no amount is too small to invest in Bitcoin. If one invests Bitcoin in dollar cost averaging method and prolongs it for 8 to 10 years then he will get good profit at one time. Investing in Dollar Cost Averaging Method If one invests for a short period of time one does not think he will ever get a good profit it requires a long time and a lot of practice and even a mindset of how to do it

ThemePen

Activity: 742
Merit: 670

I stand with Palestine.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2024, 01:25:44 PM

Too much analysis for me he is doing trading not buy bitcoin for investment.

I quite agree with your points: I think it is indeed to be excessive because the goal of investing is even hampered by the analysis that is made but instead it becomes doubt and anxiety in the end to delay the purchase of bitcoin because it is still in doubt and the rest.

1. Just do the analysis, if the price corrects/discounts then buy in a lumpsum way.
2. If you are not good at analysis, just invest with the DCA method you don't need to think about the price up / down on its basis, just keep buying with continuous accumulation.

Do not forget about cash flow adjustments, set aside how many percent for bitcoin does not need to be too large a percentage, enough you take every month from the salary received the rest maybe 70% can be used according to your needs.

I agree with your ideas to make things easier. If you are good at analyzing and waiting for prices to go down before buying a lot at once that can be a good plan. But if you are not good at analyzing there is another method called Dollar Cost Averaging DCA that can work well. With DCA you invest a set amount of money regularly no matter if the price is high or low.This helps reduce the risk of making bad decisions.
It is also important to think about how much money you have coming in and not put too much of it into Bitcoin. It is a good idea to save a reasonable amount like 30% from your monthly income. This way you can take care of your regular expenses and still have some money left over to invest in Bitcoin.
DCA is a smart way to invest because it helps you avoid making emotional decisions and allows you to steadily build up your investments over time. Your own success with DCA shows that it is a good strategy for long-term investing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Rabata

Activity: 742
Merit: 170

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 02:41:03 PM

Having that $40 is better than nothing so if that is the amount which a user can avail then its good since from that he may have chance to use it for DCA or decide just to save it for long term hodl. People just need to know their intention for investing on bitcoin since once they set a good plan for it for sure that everything will smooth on all decisions they made.
Yep, an investor must understand how much he is investing and how much return he expects against it. Nowadays a person can certainly change his financial situation in one way or another if he wishes and has interest.

If $10 worth of Bitcoins can be deposited regularly on a weekly basis then it is not impossible to expect good return on investment over a long period of time. In this thread we are advised how we can hold our bitcoins and in what ways we can grow our long term bitcoin portfolio without any problem. Holding Bitcoins is not very difficult for those who are big investors. But there is a lot of discussion and advice given to those who are ordinary investors and how they can become big holders of Bitcoin in the long run by following DCA.

Greyhats

Activity: 167
Merit: 99

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 04:04:04 PM

Adjusting for inflation in usd$ the last ATH of ~69k equates to ~88k usd$, hope you all are still BFTD.

Every year feels nice adding a new tab to my spreadsheet, wrapping up accounting for the previous year. Seeing when my forecasts and actual lined up. Another year of data under wraps and another new year of DCA and I wonder how long each dca buy this year will be BFTD territory and how much will not be Wink

Obim34

Activity: 224
Merit: 202

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 04:48:43 PM

Investing in DCA method will give the investor an opportunity to invest according to market movements. An investor can invest in DCA method on hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis. Hourly method means that the investor can invest a certain amount of money every few hours. In this case, if the investor takes the help of the auto investment feature, then he has to keep enough money in his wallet.
DCA can be the right strategy to start up accumulating your Bitcoin, DCAing on a daily and weekly  basis can be more efficient than that of an hour or monthly basis. Dcaing hourly may tend to have very little or no price movement, it doesn't create a better room to buy at a good price compared to when you buy at weekly or some days interval, the time space should be worth it but not as too spaced as monthly intervals, too much space but this could be efficient for monthly earners.

Adjusting for inflation in usd$ the last ATH of ~69k equates to ~88k usd$, hope you all are still BFTD.
You just speculating the price of Bitcoin hitting an All Time High of just $88k, don't you think it might be more than that. I would hope to see something up to that of $100k

Every year feels nice adding a new tab to my spreadsheet, wrapping up accounting for the previous year. Seeing when my forecasts and actual lined up. Another year of data under wraps and another new year of DCA and I wonder how long each dca buy this year will be BFTD territory and how much will not be Wink
The price movement since the beginning of this year is encouraging to keep Dcaing, the little dips are worth it from 44k down to 42k then up to 43k, this alone shows how profitable it will be to continue DCAing, just the beginning more are yet to come.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 05:30:37 PM

If after starting small scale investment an investor feels that he will increase his investment amount regularly then he must keep his investment in any exchange account. An investor will invest regularly and an investor will invest a large sum of money together but there is a significant difference between these two investments. An investor who will invest a large amount of money together will not need much to transfer bitcoins, but an investor who will start investing in a small scale and will continue his investment regularly will definitely need to transfer bitcoins regularly. In the case of regular Bitcoin transfer, it can be seen that due to high transaction fees, he is not able to make regular Bitcoin transactions, as a result of which there is an obstacle in his transaction, so that there is no obstacle in the transaction, consistent investors are advised to use an exchange account. 

Many may say that holding bitcoins in an exchange account is risky, you are not the only user who is holding their investment in an exchange account, there are much bigger investors than you who have left millions of dollars in exchange accounts. Since they took this risk, you must also take risks, and without taking risks, progress in life is not possible.

You are confusing the Bitcoin investor with the Bitcoin trader, here I am talking about the investor who deposits fiat to exchange then buys BTC and keeps repeating it every week/month for a long period let's say 5 years straight who should be termed as an investor and for them there is no need to keep withdrawing their BTC from the exchange other than the security concern if exchange hot wallet hacked and users lose their funds.

A bitcoin trader is someone who keeps moving crypto around exchanges so they can make profits with the price difference from one exchange to another and numerous other ways.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10193

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 06:36:02 PM

If an investor invests in DCA (Dollar Cost Averaging) method then investing 30$ is not at all less for him. You may be investing exactly $1K but the investor who invests regularly with 30 dollars but one time investment amount will be much more than your $1K. And if you buy bitcoins with exactly $1K and another investor makes 30$ to invest in DCA method, the investment amount is $1k. When you buy Bitcoin with $10K suppose the price of Bitcoin was $30K but after you invested Bitcoin value decreased by several steps but you will show some money loss from your capital. On the other hand, the person who will make a continuous investment of 30$ will be buying bitcoins at every step of the bitcoin price, so the profit will be more than the loss. That is the benefit of investing in the DCA method.

Investing DCA does not guarantee that your cost per BTC will be less than someone who lump sum invested.

There may be people who could never really save up $1k, $10k, $20k or $30k, but DCA allows them to get up to those amounts with the passage of time, and their dollars are already invested rather than being in dollars, which would be ridiculous to accumulate dollars and wait to invest in a lump sum.

Usually people who have lump sums that they can invest already have that money available, so the person who has the money available can choose whether to DCA and/or to lump sum and/or to buy on dips, so that person has more options, and it may not make a whole hell of a lot of sense for the person who already has a lump sum of money available to choose to DCA or even to buy on dips rather than to buy right away, but even the person who has a lump sum available is not forced into having to buy right away.. he has options.

The person who does not have any money available.. has way fewer options, and DCA'ing makes way more sense for the person who has no money available to be able to invest as soon as the money comes in rather than waiting and lump summing at a later date..  and in the end even the person who does not have a lump sum, still has the option to wait or to let the money build up, which I would suggest is not a good idea, but people are free to do what they like, including having fun staying poor.

People give many reasons before they start investing in Bitcoin, one of which is their readiness to buy Bitcoin. And it's normal for someone not to buy Bitcoin immediately because it is new to them.

And, that is part of the reason why an overwhelming majority of people are not prepared for up.  too bad for them.  The only way to prepare for up is to buy a bit, and it can take a while to even get to an amount that is feeling sufficiently prepared for up.. as compared with having either no coins, which is absolutely unprepared for up, or low coins, which might have some preparation for UP, but not enough.. which a lot of people who even have some bitcoin, are not really sufficiently prepared for up.

That does not sound right.  DCA works for everyone, whether plebs or not.

?
What my post was suggesting/emphasizing was long-term/low-time-preference investing is much better for low capitalized plebs like me than a more active "trading" approach, which opens the pleb to more mistakes, more emotions which also opens him/her to further trading mistakes, and a negative effect on his/her general mental well-being.

Yeah, but you and I already agree (and know) that this thread is not about trading, so there no dispute that selling in order to buy does not tend to be a good technique for anyone except maybe folks who want to learn how to trade and gamble, which results in 90% or more doing worse than if they had just bought BTC on a regular basis rather than screwing around with those kinds of selling techniques.

So then the main questions in front of you and me still revolve around our differences of opinions in regards to what kinds of circumstances might constitute waiting versus just buying right away and regularly... I think that my post largely speaks for itself.. because ongoing buying may well be better than HODL, and even if it is not better, at least it is not "the ONLY way" to invest in bitcoin.

For more well-capitalized, sophisticated traders, they could use more approaches to make profit out of the volatility they experience in different markets because they have the liquidity that allows them to use different types of more active trading strategies.

That could be true, but we are not talking about those kinds of distracting techniques in this thread... and yeah, there are all kinds of ways that guys can generate cashflow, and persons with more resources have more ways to generate cashflow, but so what?  It does not matter very much,  because ultimately we are talking about guys having to deal with whatever cash flows that they have and if they have fewer kinds of cashflows then they can try to figure out various ways that they might increase or improve their cashflows, but I still don't see any reason to get distracted into those kinds of topics... because whether you are rich or poor you need to deal with what resources, you have and if you happen to be poor, I see little to no benefit to be whining that others have more resources, unless you might be saying that you cannot buy as much or that you have to try to increase your cashflow or to decrease your expenses, but if you are in a position in which you are not able to do that, then you have to work with what you have.  We probably don't disagree about any of this, even if we might be talking about some of the balances in different ways.  

For sure, you already know that I tend to react to the "us poor people are different" claims... which is an ongoing dispute between us because you say that us poor people" cannot buy regularly, or us poor people set up buy ladders all the way down to $20k or us poor people have to strategize to buy on dips and blah blah blah.. which I think is a bunch of bullshit, because us poor people can build up to certain scenarios to be able to set up sell ladders all the way down and the other various techniques because it would be a matter of how much to set up and what increments and sometimes how long it might take to be able to build up those kinds of reserves, while at the same time balancing how much money is put to work on a regular basis versus how much money might be allowed to stay on the sidelines for buying on dips in ladder kinds of formats in which there may well not be attempts to guess how much of a dip is a dip, but  just to largely have them set up.

Ever since about mid August, there have not been too many opportunities to buy the dip.. and it became even more noticeable by the time we got to mid-October, so who knows whether there are going to be very many new opportunities to buy the dip in the near term future.  For sure, at some point we are going to end up experiencing some kind of a significant dip, but really since August, we probably have had less than 5 dips that were more than 8%.. and maybe the most we got was around 11%, which I would hardly characterize as much of a dip in the whole scheme of things when we are considering that the BTC price had dipped into the upper $24ks in August, so we have gotten quite close to a 2x price increase since then, and so in that regard, getting a 20% to 30% dip should not even be very surprising - but still does not mean that we are going to get it.  

I personally expecting some resistance in the $55k arena.. but even that would not be guaranteed given how generally the BTC has been going up in such a way that seems to allow for buying support to catch up.... so who knows?  The ones who are consistently buying are likely not going to be greatly disadvantaged, even if we get some kind of a dip, especially if we compare them to the ones who have been waiting around and not really buying and have not figured out some kind of way to act rather than waiting and/or watching on the sidelines.

You just speculating the price of Bitcoin hitting an All Time High of just $88k, don't you think it might be more than that. I would hope to see something up to that of $100k

Even though there is some inflation adjusted truth to what Greyhats is saying, I personally don't get that excited by those kinds of inflation adjusted assessments that suggest that we have to move the ATH even higher in order to "really have an ATH."  But then again, I tend to not really want to get too maniacally focused on tops anyhow, because if we are in bitcoin for the long term, sure we can start to shave off some of our BTC profits at various top prices, but if we are largely holding the vast majority of our BTC, then the value of our holdings will continue to go up with the passage of time, especially if we consider something like the 200-week moving average, which has never failed to go u, even if it has periods of time in which it is going up faster or slower, yet even now it is over $30k.  

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Ruttoshi

Activity: 308
Merit: 271

Baba God Noni

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 09:15:12 PM
Merited by Sim_card (2), JayJuanGee (1)

@Fuso.hp, you are sounding as if you are new into the crypto space. People keeping their bitcoin in exchanges are ignorant of the risk of losing all their investment when the exchange crashes or is been hacked. We have seen in 2022 the crash of FTX which render so many investors and institutions bankrupt because their funds was kept in an exchange, is this what you want for your bitcoin investment to be enjoyed by someone else after your hard labour and sacrifice investing. Initially when bitcoin transaction fee was normal and there was no ordinals, nobody will even advice you to leave $50-100 worth of bitcoin in an exchange because they are in control of your coins.

The reason why @JJG said you can buy bit by bit and keep it in an exchange till it has reached up to $500 is because of the high transaction fee that we are experiencing, so that you don't end up buying bitcoin at $100 and use almost $40 to transfer to your self custody wallet. You will ending up giving 40% of your weekly DCA amount to miners. It is never safe or advisable to keep funds in an exchange. Can you image investing for 4yrs and your investment is in an exchange, this means that you are investing for the exchange. Not your keys...not your coins.

Usually people who have lump sums that they can invest already have that money available, so the person who has the money available can choose whether to DCA and/or to lump sum and/or to buy on dips, so that person has more options, and it may not make a whole hell of a lot of sense for the person who already has a lump sum of money available to choose to DCA or even to buy on dips rather than to buy right away, but even the person who has a lump sum available is not forced into having to buy right away.. he has options.
Exactly, the person who has the money to lump sum have the options to lump sum or not, but I will prefer that such money should be shared into three parts, where one part should be uses to DCA regularly, and the other part should be kept to buy at the dip and the third part should go for lump sum because lump sum to me is front loading of your investment.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 404 »
  Print  

Jump to: