Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:48:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Bitcoin, and HODL!  (Read 87811 times)
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 02:24:28 PM

qI agree with you that buying at the dip should be done with some unexpected funds that comes our way which we don't have plan for, and whether they come or not, our regular DCA continues. What I do is that whenever, I am given a bonus at work or traveling allowance, training allowance, or some incentives for motivation at work. I keep such funds without touching it so that if it happens that bitcoin price dips, I can take advantage of the dip and buy more. And if it happens that I don't have any extra funds apart from my monthly income, my regular DCA is what I do and focus on more weekly
When it come to accumulation of Bitcoin, we should always keep our DCAing constant irrespective of the market conditions. Expecially those of us that can't afford to purchase large quantities of bitcoin. Because if one have the mindset of always waiting for the dip before accumulating he or she will only endup missing out  or having small quantities of bitcoin in their portfolio.

That's why is better to save some funds (which is known as reserve funds) in case any dip occurs one can purchase the dip with the use of reserved funds, and he or she can choose to spread it out or go all in with the reserve funds like lump-sum purchases.
And there are investors who made buying at the dip as there Bitcoin accumulation strategy and what if the market did not dip will they keep waiting? It will be better they use the DCA strategy and also buying the dip strategy together so that the DCA strategy can help them accumulate more Bitcoin at different price level weekly or monthly and also buy when the market is at dip with the help of their reserve fund. But if the investor is still a low coiner the buying dip strategy alone won't be a good Bitcoin accumulating strategy.

There may be absolutely no need for a brand new investor, and maybe someone in their first few years of buying/acumulating bitcoin to employ buying the dip strategies rather than sticking with straight-forward and regular DCA (which may well not even be sticking with any particular amount of BTC, but instead figuring out how much BTC to buy each week from the amount of disposable income that he has for that particular week, whether that is $100 or $10 or some other amount).

Yet of course, there might be some psychological reasons to hold some money aside for buying the dip, but it may or may not end up paying off because we cannot rely  on dips actually happening or even happening to such an extent that it is even going to make much of a meaningful difference in a person's bitcoin journey, especially if the person might be new to investing and ONLY investing around 10% of his/her income so it could take a whole 10 years to have 1 years of income invested into bitcoin.. so it is difficult to understand and/or appreciate what value might have had come from buying the dip rather than just buying regularly and not changing behaviors based on factors that might be difficult to measure the extent to which there might have been any kind of advantage to straight-forward DCA.
one thing I discovered recently is that those who use the DCA method in accumulating Bitcoin but still wait for the dip usually don't accumulate as many as those who are using the DCA method of accumulation and don't think about the dip.
I disagree with your statement because those investors who are accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy and also buying the dip will always accumulate more bitcoin than the investors who are only using the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin. Just because they are waiting for the dip doesn't mean they will stop accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy; they will continue to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy. They have already kept the money to use to buy the dip; they are just waiting for the dip to happen so they can buy bitcoin at a low price. 

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
FAST DEPOSITS
AND WITHDRAWALS
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
WHEEL OF
FORTUNE
[WELCOME OFFER
     200% + 50FS
]▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 02:54:27 PM

qI agree with you that buying at the dip should be done with some unexpected funds that comes our way which we don't have plan for, and whether they come or not, our regular DCA continues. What I do is that whenever, I am given a bonus at work or traveling allowance, training allowance, or some incentives for motivation at work. I keep such funds without touching it so that if it happens that bitcoin price dips, I can take advantage of the dip and buy more. And if it happens that I don't have any extra funds apart from my monthly income, my regular DCA is what I do and focus on more weekly
When it come to accumulation of Bitcoin, we should always keep our DCAing constant irrespective of the market conditions. Expecially those of us that can't afford to purchase large quantities of bitcoin. Because if one have the mindset of always waiting for the dip before accumulating he or she will only endup missing out  or having small quantities of bitcoin in their portfolio.

That's why is better to save some funds (which is known as reserve funds) in case any dip occurs one can purchase the dip with the use of reserved funds, and he or she can choose to spread it out or go all in with the reserve funds like lump-sum purchases.
And there are investors who made buying at the dip as there Bitcoin accumulation strategy and what if the market did not dip will they keep waiting? It will be better they use the DCA strategy and also buying the dip strategy together so that the DCA strategy can help them accumulate more Bitcoin at different price level weekly or monthly and also buy when the market is at dip with the help of their reserve fund. But if the investor is still a low coiner the buying dip strategy alone won't be a good Bitcoin accumulating strategy.

There may be absolutely no need for a brand new investor, and maybe someone in their first few years of buying/acumulating bitcoin to employ buying the dip strategies rather than sticking with straight-forward and regular DCA (which may well not even be sticking with any particular amount of BTC, but instead figuring out how much BTC to buy each week from the amount of disposable income that he has for that particular week, whether that is $100 or $10 or some other amount).

Yet of course, there might be some psychological reasons to hold some money aside for buying the dip, but it may or may not end up paying off because we cannot rely  on dips actually happening or even happening to such an extent that it is even going to make much of a meaningful difference in a person's bitcoin journey, especially if the person might be new to investing and ONLY investing around 10% of his/her income so it could take a whole 10 years to have 1 years of income invested into bitcoin.. so it is difficult to understand and/or appreciate what value might have had come from buying the dip rather than just buying regularly and not changing behaviors based on factors that might be difficult to measure the extent to which there might have been any kind of advantage to straight-forward DCA.
one thing I discovered recently is that those who use the DCA method in accumulating Bitcoin but still wait for the dip usually don't accumulate as many as those who are using the DCA method of accumulation and don't think about the dip.
I disagree with your statement because those investors who are accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy and also buying the dip will always accumulate more bitcoin than the investors who are only using the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin. Just because they are waiting for the dip doesn't mean they will stop accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy; they will continue to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy. They have already kept the money to use to buy the dip; they are just waiting for the dip to happen so they can buy bitcoin at a low price.

@Mayor of Ogba you are right,  Those who invest and accumulate through DCAing are only present in every market situation, accumulating at intervals but in a simpler sense that does not guarantee the amount of Bitcoin to be accumulated would be greater as it dwells upon the amount invested. Those who wait for dip already have allocated money and yet still accumulating with DCA which means they have an edge above others because they can buy more during a dip which does not reveal itself and also DCAing if we are to consider who have more stash it would be the one that DCA and also bought at the dip price.

As I earlier said, the Stash of Bitcoin in holding does not rely on one DCAing, lump summing, buying at the dip but the Amount of Money invested.
Tmoonz

Activity: 196
Merit: 155

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 03:03:13 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2024, 07:46:32 PM by Tmoonz
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The concepts or idea of the lump sum completely has nothing to be talked about in terms of buying the dip, the idea of the lump sum buying has to do with making purchase of Bitcoin with the huge sum that is readily available to be invested right away without considering whether the market condition is in dip or not.

Bro you are wrong here and you tend to sound like you are right. Lump sum still involves buying the dip, it depends on the investor whether he chooses to Lump sum at any time without minding the price of the market or he may choose to Lump sum during the dip. And it is true that the best time to Lump sum is during the dip and then DCA through any market interval. In my own opinion this is the right approach to follow an investment. If there are extra buck that comes in along our investment, we can choose to wait for the dip then and when it comes, we Lump sum as well.

It is very problematic to argue the terms of lump sum buying and buying on dips as both strategies has their unique functionalities with meaningful differences such that you can not refer any kind of buying the dip as a lump sum simply because you are buying with a larger amount of money more than your usual, the idea of the lump sum buying has to do with an investor decision in terms of investing a huge amount of money that is readily available for investment and decided to invest this money right away such that it has nothing to or necessarily connected with whether or not there is a dip but rather it has more to do with your personal decision, the lump sum strategy are unique on its own such that at some time it is use as an upfront or front loading investment strategy.

Moreno233

Activity: 364
Merit: 192

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 04:49:26 PM

Both of you can be wrong somehow because there is no certainty in either of the scenarios described. Someone using the DCA method only will not always have more Bitcoin neither will someone using a combined DCA method and buying the dips, it is always depend on the market condition and the interval of time the assessment is made. Let us assume both investors A a B have $10k to inject in Bitcoin within one year or a couple of months. Investor A decided to use the DCA method only and divided the funds into equal parts to suit the duration. While invest B decide to invest 50% through the DCA and the remaining 50% via buying the dips. What will determine the outcome of both investment is generally the market condition.
  • If the market is continuously bearish, there are higher chances that investor B that uses the combined method would not have invested all the funds within that duration because he will invest part when it dips, thereafter keep some parts for further dips and will always have some parts not yet invested as the market continue to declined and if by chance he chose a limit and invested all the funds and the mark continue further down, investor A that put bigger amount in DCA method will get more Bitcoin at lower prices.
  • If the market is continuously bullish, it is even worse because investor B that is using the combine method will not invest much of the funds since he might be waiting for dips whil the market continue to climb. Meanwhile investor A that uses the DCA only will continue to buy as the market continues until all the funds are invested within the duration
  • If there is a transitional market in which market moves from bullish to bearish or vice versa, then it becomes a kind of obvious that investor B that uses a combined method might succeed in getting more Bitcoin that investor A that use only the DCA method.

Above are the reason I said both of you can be wrong because there is never certainty in the positions both of you have taken in that discussion.

Justbillywitt

Activity: 280
Merit: 235

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 05:40:09 PM

@Mayor of Ogba you are right,  Those who invest and accumulate through DCAing are only present in every market situation, accumulating at intervals but in a simpler sense that does not guarantee the amount of Bitcoin to be accumulated would be greater as it dwells upon the amount invested. Those who wait for dip already have allocated money and yet still accumulating with DCA which means they have an edge above others because they can buy more during a dip which does not reveal itself and also DCAing if we are to consider who have more stash it would be the one that DCA and also bought at the dip price.

As I earlier said, the Stash of Bitcoin in holding does not rely on one DCAing, lump summing, buying at the dip but the Amount of Money invested.
Of course the amount of money invested will definitely determine who have more stash irrespective of the approach used for the investment. But the person who invested in all market situation which is the DCA method has some form of advantage, as he has derived more utility from his money and  has limited his level of loss impact should there be a sharp dip in the market. But if we look at the situation from the angle that both investors has same amount of money to invest, the person who by at all market situation will definitely has more stash then the investor who buys at the dip.
Moreover the dip level is not even predetermined for us to actually calculate it. So since it is this way, we will always consider the person who has bitcoin as someone who has more bitcoin than the other person. So far as he is still waiting for the dip to buy we won't consider him/her as an investor or someone who owns bitcoin because no purchase has been made yet, so until he make his first purchase before it can be determined between him and the other person who always buy at all market conditions who has more stash of bitcoin.

Chiomaobi

Activity: 28
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 06:22:42 PM

Both of you can be wrong somehow because there is no certainty in either of the scenarios described. Someone using the DCA method only will not always have more Bitcoin neither will someone using a combined DCA method and buying the dips, it is always depend on the market condition and the interval of time the assessment is made. Let us assume both investors A a B have $10k to inject in Bitcoin within one year or a couple of months. Investor A decided to use the DCA method only and divided the funds into equal parts to suit the duration. While invest B decide to invest 50% through the DCA and the remaining 50% via buying the dips. What will determine the outcome of both investment is generally the market condition.
  • If the market is continuously bearish, there are higher chances that investor B that uses the combined method would not have invested all the funds within that duration because he will invest part when it dips, thereafter keep some parts for further dips and will always have some parts not yet invested as the market continue to declined and if by chance he chose a limit and invested all the funds and the mark continue further down, investor A that put bigger amount in DCA method will get more Bitcoin at lower prices.
  • If the market is continuously bullish, it is even worse because investor B that is using the combine method will not invest much of the funds since he might be waiting for dips whil the market continue to climb. Meanwhile investor A that uses the DCA only will continue to buy as the market continues until all the funds are invested within the duration
  • If there is a transitional market in which market moves from bullish to bearish or vice versa, then it becomes a kind of obvious that investor B that uses a combined method might succeed in getting more Bitcoin that investor A that use only the DCA method.

Above are the reason I said both of you can be wrong because there is never certainty in the positions both of you have taken in that discussion.
I get your point and you are also right, but what I was trying to drive at was that waiting for dip before investing is a wrong approach what if the dip never happens you just waited in vain and what if it happens but didn't go that dip so we should consider all this and for those who wants to hodl for long term there's no point waiting for the dip before investing.
The best is using the DCA method and keep accumulating whether or not is in dip or is not, one should not focus only on the dip when it comes to bitcoin investment.
Frankolala

Activity: 742
Merit: 542

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 07:31:58 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2024, 07:55:32 PM by Frankolala

You are correct me as a newbie I don't think about the dip at all I just keep investing using the DCA method, one thing about waiting for the dip as a newbie is that it will delay you and you may even wait and there will be no dip so is better one start investing and forget about the dip. All newbie should always choose a long term investment when it comes to bitcoin investment that way you won't bother about the dip, one thing I discovered recently is that those who use the DCA method in accumulating Bitcoin but still wait for the dip usually don't accumulate as many as those who is using the DCA method of accumulation and don't think about the dip.
Thinking about the dip will always slow your investment so is better you forget about it and focus on accumulating as many Bitcoin as you can because procrastinating about something you don't even know will happen in the next 2 years is very wrong it will always slow you down if we all have the mindset that there's nothing like dip in Bitcoin you will see how far we will all go this mindset of dip is really drawing a lot of people back especially newbies.
You are contradicting yourself and you don't fully understand what it means by DCA and buying at the dip.

The reality is that any investor that is accumulating bitcoin using DCA method to buy regularly weekly or monthly non stop, and he has built his emergency funds for 3-6 months and also have reserve funds, can also include buying at the dip to his budget should incase bitcoin price dips, but that does not mean that he is waiting for the price of bitcoin to dip before he buys, but he buys always with DCA.

DCA means using an amount maybe $10, $50, $100 or from your discretionary income based on your own case to buy bitcoin regularly weekly or monthly without skipping any one for 4-10 years. While buying at the dip is when an investor keeps his money in fiat and everyday, he is busy watching the chart and bitcoin price hoping to see a dip for him to be able to buy. The annoying thing with these set of investors who do not have enough Bitcoin and is waiting for the dip, always have their own price in which the want bitcoin to fall to be they will buy. So e of them will end up waiting till infinity without buying one Satoshi.

So there is nothing bad there if in your bitcoin journey, after two years or three when you have confidence in bitcoin and you have understand your cash inflow, which may/not have increased, you plan for the DOWNity and UPity of bitcoin price. However, a new beginner like you chiomaobi should only focus on using the DCA method to accumulate bitcoin in a long-term 4-10 years and above. Also don't forget that your emergency funds is very important for you to be able to keep accumulating more bitcoin weekly or monthly and hodli for long, if not you might sell of when it is not the right time due to unexpected emergency.
I understand DCA method very well what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of people who engage in the DCA method of accumulation especially newbies but always stop at a particular time because they feel is better to wait for the dip some will wait for months and when they see there's no dip they start accumulating again using the DCA method.
I have a friend that is always doing this and the reason he always stop is because of this mindset of buying in the dip, a lot of people can't focus in the DCA method because they feel waiting and buying in the dip will be more better, I know of a guy that only invest 2 percent every month on his Bitcoin investment then keeping 20 percent so he can buy in the dip.
All this mindset will affect your accumulation of Bitcoin and those without this mindset will go more far than those with this mindset.
But if one takes his DCA method of accumulation seriously and also have a reserve funds which he can use to buy in the dip if it eventually comes I think that is more better it won't affect your accumulation journey.
Your friend s using the wrong approach by stopping his DCA and wait for the dip. The reason why new beginners or investors who are in their accumulating stage should not stop accumulating is because the price of bitcoin waits for no man and as the days is passing by, no one knows what will be the next price of bitcoin. So consistent and persistent buying gives you an opportunity to buy bitcoin at various price and increase your bitcoin portfolio overtime, maybe 4-10 years so that you can have a good quantity bitcoin in position for the future. What is worth doing is worth doing well.

If you are DCAing and you stop, feeling that the dip is coming, this is how your bitcoin portfolio will be stagnant, amd what if the dip did not come for a year, you will not buy bitcoin. It means that person does not understand how to go about his bitcoin journey in order for him to be successful. The seize of your portfolio is what will determine your profit overtime. It is good to forget about buying at the dip if it will distract you from your regular DCA accumulating way. Increasing your bitcoin size is the focus and that can be done gradually with DCA before you know it, after 4 years you will be surprised at how many bitcoin you have acquired. Waiting kills the opportunity of increasing your bitcoin portfolio.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Miles2006

Activity: 280
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 08:38:26 PM

The concepts or idea of the lump sum completely has nothing to be talked about in terms of buying the dip, the idea of the lump sum buying has to do with making purchase of Bitcoin with the huge sum that is readily available to be invested right away without considering whether the market condition is in dip or not.

Bro you are wrong here and you tend to sound like you are right. Lump sum still involves buying the dip, it depends on the investor whether he chooses to Lump sum at any time without minding the price of the market or he may choose to Lump sum during the dip. And it is true that the best time to Lump sum is during the dip and then DCA through any market interval. In my own opinion this is the right approach to follow an investment. If there are extra buck that comes in along our investment, we can choose to wait for the dip then and when it comes, we Lump sum as well.

It is very problematic to confliate the terms of lump sum buying and buying on dips as both strategies has their unique functionalities with meaningful differences such that you can not refer any kind of buying the dip as a lump sum simply because you are buying with a larger amount of money more than your usual, the idea of the lump sum buying has to do with an investor decision in terms of investing a huge amount of money that is readily available for investment and decided to invest this money right away such that it has nothing to or necessarily connected with whether or not there is a dip but rather it has more to do with your personal decision, the lump sum strategy are unique on its own such that at some time it is use as an upfront or front loading investment strategy.
I clearly understand Agbamoni point and it’s so simple if an investor can accumulate using the lump sum strategy during the dip, this is the time an investor can accumulate more according to their strength in order to build their portfolio faster, then after accumulating with huge amount the investor can continue using the dca. We can only say buying bitcoin has no time set like when people specify buying only the dip but we cannot say same for the lump sum strategy, from my view anyone can venture using their desired strategy but basically while accumulating bitcoin using the dca strategy now it’s also good an investor save some money so at the appropriate time the investor can use the money to accumulate more during the dip.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 08:42:44 PM

[edited out]
DCA means using an amount maybe $10, $50, $100 or from your discretionary income based on your own case to buy bitcoin regularly weekly or monthly without skipping any one for 4-10 years. While buying at the dip is when an investor keeps his money in fiat and everyday, he is busy watching the chart and bitcoin price hoping to see a dip for him to be able to buy. The annoying thing with these set of investors who do not have enough Bitcoin and is waiting for the dip, always have their own price in which the want bitcoin to fall to be they will buy. So e of them will end up waiting till infinity without buying one Satoshi.

I will suggest that if a person is merely buying anywhere between $10 per week/month and $100 per week/month is likely going to need way more than 10 years in order to get to a status of having had accumulated a sufficient amount of bitcoin.  Perhaps such a person will need 20-30 years or  more to really get to a decent place with his/her bitcoin stash.

For sure, each of us has differing expectations in regards to how much income that we might need to be able to live comfortably, whether we use bitcoin proceeds to completely replace any income that we have or to supplement income that we might have from other sources.

Tmoonz has the right idea.

The mere fact that you have extra money that you are holding aside to buy the dip does not convert that into lump sum, merely because the amount might be larger than your normal buys.

The three main strategies in accumulating bitcoin is DCA, buy the dip and lump sum.  Sure you can combine these strategies and even front load your investment by buying more in the beginning, yet if you really want to attempt to apply strategies in differing ways, sometimes there may well be advantages to understanding the difference between the practices in order to take advantage of such differences, and yeah, whether you know the advantages and disadvantages or not, you can do whatever you like and call it whatever you like, even though you might cause confusion when you are not able to differentiate between what is buying the dip and what is lump sum and what is DCA.

[edited out]

You only advantage from holding money aside to buy the dip if the BTC price actually dips. So how could you always advantage from buying the dip if the BTC price does not end up dipping?

I think that another valid point that Chiomaobi was making is that some of the newbies that he knows get so caught up in terms of strategizing whether or not to buy the dip and what is a dip and all that bullshit, so they put themselves into more of a waiting rather than an acting kind of mindset (and practices), so many times it may well end up being a lot better to just act and to continue to buy BTC, even if your average cost per BTC might be higher .. .. and in that regard, you stay in a buying mindset rather than a waiting mindset.. and yeah, sure there could be circumstances in which the waiter will actually get more advantages and end up buying more BTC than the one who regularly buys BTC, but really?  does it make a difference, and maybe it is better to just continue to buy until you get to a certain level of BTC accumulation and then thereafter (when you have accumulated a decent amount of BTC) begin to strategize about buying dips rather than just buying regularly, persistently and consistently in your earlier BTC accumulation stages.

Sure in the end, guys can do whatever they like in terms of figuring out the extent they might be advantaged by holding some money aside to buy dips or just to buy BTC regularly no matter the price.

It is very problematic to confliate the terms of lump sum buying and buying on dips as both strategies has their unique functionalities with meaningful differences such that you can not refer any kind of buying the dip as a lump sum simply because you are buying with a larger amount of money more than your usual, the idea of the lump sum buying has to do with an investor decision in terms of investing a huge amount of money that is readily available for investment and decided to invest this money right away such that it has nothing to or necessarily connected with whether or not there is a dip but rather it has more to do with your personal decision, the lump sum strategy are unique on its own such that at some time it is use as an upfront or front loading investment strategy.

Yes... I said something similar.. but yeah.. that sounds like the right idea to consider advantages and disadvantages of various strategies, and surely some strategies will be better or worse for guys, yet each of us has to decide for ourselves in regards to which strategies to use and to live with the consequences of whichever choices we make in regards to our strategies.

Surely there are some folks who rarely get opportunities to lump sum buy bitcoin (or any other investment), yet sometimes if a person is engaged in good cashflow management practices, s/he might be able to advantage from situations that he had not previously thought were available to him.. which is one of the advantages of already have a plan and practice in place, when opportunities (of extra money) come, the plan and practice is already in place to be able to take advantage of the opportunity rather than spending the extra money on potentially frivolous and unnecessary things that may well not have as many longer term advantages as compared to investing into bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Ojima-ojo

Activity: 756
Merit: 461

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 10:00:38 PM

I will suggest that if a person is merely buying anywhere between $10 per week/month and $100 per week/month is likely going to need way more than 10 years in order to get to a status of having had accumulated a sufficient amount of bitcoin.  Perhaps such a person will need 20-30 years or  more to really get to a decent place with his/her bitcoin stash.

For sure, each of us has differing expectations in regards to how much income that we might need to be able to live comfortably, whether we use bitcoin proceeds to completely replace any income that we have or to supplement income that we might have from other sources.
Bitcoin accumulation have to do with left over cash flow and at that not having sufficient steady monthly or weekly set aside founds let say $10 or even $20 which is way too much time to come up with a significant amount of bitcoin starsh, but then just as you said, sometimes we come across unexpected huge sum and if we are able to put all down on bitcoin it could cover up for a long period of time and a journey that surpose to take 10 years to 20 years could come much faster and easier.

The fact and most important thing is to have the determination to keep accumulating bitcoin along the lines and doing all that is possible to come up with an amount that can be valuable enough to generate good profits when the all time high happens.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Churchillvv

Activity: 434
Merit: 206

Churchillvv 🖤🦅

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2024, 04:13:32 AM

Tmoonz has the right idea.

The mere fact that you have extra money that you are holding aside to buy the dip does not convert that into lump sum, merely because the amount might be larger than your normal buys.

The three main strategies in accumulating bitcoin is DCA, buy the dip and lump sum.  Sure you can combine these strategies and even front load your investment by buying more in the beginning, yet if you really want to attempt to apply strategies in differing ways, sometimes there may well be advantages to understanding the difference between the practices in order to take advantage of such differences, and yeah, whether you know the advantages and disadvantages or not, you can do whatever you like and call it whatever you like, even though you might cause confusion when you are not able to differentiate between what is buying the dip and what is lump sum and what is DCA.
Of course Tmoonz is right with his ideas but since we disagree to agree here I will like to buttress and point out so fact that must have amounted to confusion of the other party.

Let's say for instance: We've got three major strategies for bitcoin investment which is DCA, Buying the dips and Lump sum. I believe sometimes this strategies do have some collision which is where agbamoni might be getting is wrong but this collision literally doesn't show up frequently.

Here is the instance; Using my Churchillvv as the case study,

Point A Churchillvv(1) usually practice the DCA method of investing hence does not care what the price is (volatility) as his intention must be for long term investment.

Point B Churchillvv(2), Also practice the buy the dips and he does care what the price is and tries to maximise profit by buying only when the price is low.

Point C Churchillvv(3) Also practice the Limb sum method of buying bitcoin, at this point he does not also care what the price is but because there is an extra cash flow he decides to go in at once.

Having identify this three points, the rare collision happens where, Churchillvv usually buys the dips but for some reason during this purchase he gets an extra cash follow which is not certain then decides to push in all the extra cash into his bitcoin investment, note at this same point bitcoin price is relatively low which also means the dips. At this point where he buys both the dips and also buys bitcoin using his extra cash flow which is expect in this instance to be huge to buy bitcoin it is now in a state of collision as both strategies occurred at this same time. which I see as the area where Agbamoni might be looking at but the fact is they (the three strategies) are different things all together.

So to put you Agbamoni in the right direction, lump sum means buying bitcoin only when you have a huge amount and decide ms to invest regardless of the current bitcoin price. This practice is more applicable when you usually get your money once in a while. But buying the dips means even if you have the money now and BTC price is relatively high you would rather wait even if it takes 365 days to reach your relatively low price before you purchase. Note the time differences

----- Drop some Star ⭐ for Churchill if you love kid coiners 🤟 ------
Lidger

Activity: 182
Merit: 160

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 05:03:02 AM

Usually the DCA method will be based on your income, because if you invest regularly. Then you can invest weekly or monthly. Estimated average monthly expenses in your household are $100, and $170 if you are salaried. Then you can invest part of your expenses here and meet the basic needs, with the rest of the money you can invest.  
In this case, it is most important that you use an emergency fund, because people can get sick at any time. That is why you must use emergency fund so that your investment does not get lost.

DCA is a strategy for investing in which you can invest consistently every day, you can invest consistently every hour, you can invest consistently every month or every week. If you think you will invest 10 dollars every day then at the end of the week your investment amount will be 70 dollars and at the end of the month your investment amount will be 300 dollars. I used to know that investing earlier means we need to accumulate a lot of money before we invest but this strategy of investing has changed our entire thinking of investing and made investing much easier. In this investment strategy investors can easily invest from any income or from any profession. I think every investor is satisfied with this investment strategy.

Hewlet

Activity: 322
Merit: 138

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 06:50:22 AM

Here is the instance; Using my Churchillvv as the case study,
You're making this more complex than the difference in view of the two parties here. If I should summarise what was the major misunderstanding, it's that one of them wants to lump sum at a DIP price while the other want to lump sum the moment the fund is available. The issue with Lump summing at the DIP price is that you don't know which price is the DIP and you don't know how long you have to wait before it gets to that price and you also don't know if the price you're considering as a DIP target will eventually come or not. And another thing is that if the amount you're using to lump sum isn't all that much and is probably up to only $500 to $1k, it wouldn't make much difference to buy Bitcoin at $67k or wait for six months expecting it to DIP to $40k only to see Bitcoin price climbing up to $80k plus. That's where @Agbamonie missed out in his analysis

Bitcoin accumulation have to do with left over cash flow and at that not having sufficient steady monthly or weekly set aside founds let say $10 or even $20 which is way too much time to come up with a significant amount of bitcoin starsh, but then just as you said, sometimes we come across unexpected huge sum and if we are able to put all down on bitcoin it could cover up for a long period of time and a journey that surpose to take 10 years to 20 years could come much faster and easier.
the main reason why it would take you too long to reach your accumilation point in your Bitcoin investment is when you're going about your accumilation in a nonchalant way and using only the fund that's not of use to you for your accumilation. I know that it's right to make the required plan that will see to it that you're not over investing above your financial capacity but mere investing with only left over cash wouldn't help increase the quantity of your Bitcoin reserve. It's best to be disciplined enough to separate your funds into different percentages such that you have a particular percentage that's allocated to Bitcoin and another that takes care of other aspect of your life so you don't treat your Bitcoin investments as your last option. Remember that for most people, if you don't do the necessary planning, you wouldn't have anything like left over cash because human wants generally is insatiable and the best you should do is to do a scale of preference and still allocate an amount that will directly go into any of the options once you've received your pay check.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Popkon6

Activity: 630
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 06:57:51 AM

Usually the DCA method will be based on your income, because if you invest regularly. Then you can invest weekly or monthly. Estimated average monthly expenses in your household are $100, and $170 if you are salaried. Then you can invest part of your expenses here and meet the basic needs, with the rest of the money you can invest.  
In this case, it is most important that you use an emergency fund, because people can get sick at any time. That is why you must use emergency fund so that your investment does not get lost.

DCA is a strategy for investing in which you can invest consistently every day, you can invest consistently every hour, you can invest consistently every month or every week. If you think you will invest 10 dollars every day then at the end of the week your investment amount will be 70 dollars and at the end of the month your investment amount will be 300 dollars.

You can be successful investing with only DCA strategies, but there are other things you need to keep in mind. As such, you need to have a good plan of how you will make your investment long-term. According to the plan you need to maintain someone, in this case you need to list the most important time when the bitcoin market goes deep.

I used to know that investing earlier means we need to accumulate a lot of money before we invest but this strategy of investing has changed our entire thinking of investing and made investing much easier. In this investment strategy investors can easily invest from any income or from any profession. I think every investor is satisfied with this investment strategy.

Whenever you pool your income and meet your family's basic needs, you can invest in Bitcoin with the extra money you have left over. Maybe many people have a habit of spending extra money but if that person takes the trouble to get rid of the extra habits and save the money and buy bitcoin dip then success will be guaranteed. Because one of the strategies for long-term investing is the DCA method. 
Using the DCA approach to investing will certainly make your investments look natural for a few years, and you can increase your planning for longer periods.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 238
Merit: 39

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 07:05:37 AM

I clearly understand Agbamoni point and it’s so simple if an investor can accumulate using the lump sum strategy during the dip, this is the time an investor can accumulate more according to their strength in order to build their portfolio faster, then after accumulating with huge amount the investor can continue using the dca. We can only say buying bitcoin has no time set like when people specify buying only the dip but we cannot say same for the lump sum strategy, from my view anyone can venture using their desired strategy but basically while accumulating bitcoin using the dca strategy now it’s also good an investor save some money so at the appropriate time the investor can use the money to accumulate more during the dip.

This argument to me I don't really see that direction because almost all investor choose to lum sum when the price is in dip  only few investor can enter the market without minding the weather in dip or not we all know that investor tool are always center on the demand and supply laws or principle as there target even when they are accumulating for long term or short time is to make profit where to buy more, must not go off from their heart.

The truth remain that accumulating or buying of Bitcoin don't have specific time but every investor know what they want before entering into the market, the small dip can be enough to an investor who has made up mind to invest, in the investment or business profit making small fraction of market dip is enough to given you required profit, even when accumulating is not the same as trading but investor still seek to invest when there is a dip to enable them gain more when there is a rise.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Btcdeybodi

Activity: 124
Merit: 75

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 07:15:08 AM

[edited out]

Even if it takes someone 20-30 years before owning a huge portfolio it's a good achievement inasmuch as they can be patient enough and make sure that they are consistent in their DCA. Sometimes the reason why people with low income finds it difficult to make investments is because they always draw conclusions about uncertainty that may come up along the line and their ability to endure till that interval of time. Every happy ending start with a little beginning so instead of not making accumulations at all it is better to start with an amount that will not affect you from attending to other life obligations then gradually they can achieve their goals.

Yes of a truth every one has different targets in their accumulating process because you may have a target of owning Bitcoin worth $1M while my own targets may be to own Bitcoin worth $5M so it depends on what each individual want because we can't keep accumulating till eternity, so far as we are able to strike a balance between making sure that keep accumulating till our targets are met and attending to other things of life then we are good to go.
Chiomaobi

Activity: 28
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 08:57:18 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2024, 09:11:05 AM by Chiomaobi

[edited out]

You only advantage from holding money aside to buy the dip if the BTC price actually dips. So how could you always advantage from buying the dip if the BTC price does not end up dipping?

Sure in the end, guys can do whatever they like in terms of figuring out the extent they might be advantaged by holding some money aside to buy dips or just to buy BTC regularly no matter the price.
This idea of waiting for the dip can really destroy your months or years of investment plan. Let take for example you have been saving for months or years waiting patiently for a dip to occur so you can accumulate Bitcoin and it took months or years before a dip happens and within that time of waiting with already kept funds in your Bank account you used it with the hope of replacing before the dip happens and to your greatest surprise it happened when the money is not yet replaced this will really frustrate you and I don't think you will be willing to continue.

And again waiting for a dip can make you lose interest on Bitcoin investment because it might take a long time before it happens.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 448
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 09:40:03 AM

I have been learning about Bitcoin for the past few months and am trying to figure out the best investing strategy for myself. As an experiment, I analyzed and compared two strategies, DCA and Buying the "Dip" and I have some interesting results that I wanted to share with you guys.
here

Disclaimer: This is not financial advice but for educational purposes only.

Period: Between April 2020 and April 2021.

Strategies:

DCA (weekly on Wednesday, bi-weekly on Wednesday, monthly on the 1st): Total $800/month
Buying the "Dip:" I define the "dip" here as when the price of Bitcoin drops to a certain threshold after its most recent all-time high (ATH). For all the periods that I am not investing, I am simply accumulating my USD. I am assuming that I will be able to add to my fund $500 twice a month, on the 15th and 30th. My investment fund will be divided into three parts and it will be invested as follow. I will invest 1/3 of my fund when BTC drops 20%, another 1/3 when BTC drops 50%, and the last 1/3 when BTC drops 65%. If for example, BTC drops 20% and bounces back to another ATH, I only use 1/3 of my investment and hold the 2/3 for the next dip.
To my surprise, all DCA strategies outperformed buying the "dip" by roughly 50%. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and this is a very simplified model. No one can really time exactly when Bitcoin is going to drop. Invest smartly and only invest what you are willing to lose.
wmaurik

Activity: 2072
Merit: 713

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 12:08:26 PM

I get your point and you are also right, but what I was trying to drive at was that waiting for dip before investing is a wrong approach what if the dip never happens you just waited in vain and what if it happens but didn't go that dip so we should consider all this and for those who wants to hodl for long term there's no point waiting for the dip before investing.
The best is using the DCA method and keep accumulating whether or not is in dip or is not, one should not focus only on the dip when it comes to bitcoin investment.

Investing in Bitcoin is a very unique thing and what needs to be underlined here is that it has nothing to do with market prices where someone can immediately buy Bitcoin without wasting more time waiting for the price to fall. Because as long as the investment made is to hold Bitcoin in the long term by buying without any intention of selling again in the near future, I think this can be done immediately without having to wait for something else to happen, such as the price reduction option in the market.

Then why are there many people who are still waiting for the price of Bitcoin to fall by not buying before it happens? Well, in this case you also need to understand that they are not investors who want to invest in Bitcoin, but rather traders who are taking advantage of Bitcoin price conditions to achieve short-term profits. And there is no guarantee for them to keep Bitcoin in their wallets for a long period of time because their focus is not to keep Bitcoin for the long term but only to seek immediate profits after the price experiences a correction in the market.

█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 12:14:14 PM

[edited out]

This idea of waiting for the dip can really destroy your months or years of investment plan. Let take for example you have been saving for months or years waiting patiently for a dip to occur so you can accumulate Bitcoin and it took months or years before a dip happens and within that time of waiting with already kept funds in your Bank account you used it with the hope of replacing before the dip happens and to your greatest surprise it happened when the money is not yet replaced this will really frustrate you and I don't think you will be willing to continue.

And again waiting for a dip can make you lose interest on Bitcoin investment because it might take a long time before it happens.

Making a clear point, in a simpler word "Dip does not present itself", implying we do not when price would Dip. That is the case, at times before we become aware that was the dip price, price has pump upward...when we think the dip price has occurred we can then see price dip more.

So it is a game of chance because it never presents itself.
In essence we just need to keep accumulating Bitcoin according to our suitable strategy building a solid Bitcoin portfolio rather than slowing the process because we are expecting dip prices, i believe any investor that is disciplined with his DCA strategy surely will buy the dip without his own notice because he is present at intervals of the Market.
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 »
  Print  

Jump to: