Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:47:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anime is weird made for weirdos  (Read 3841 times)
cosmofly (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:30:05 AM

I used to like Anime but now it looks weird and feels weird. Like the old stuff like Kenshin was bad ass but all this new stuff Is ghay and weird.

I went to an anime convention and almost puked at the number of people telling me SOMETHING SOMETHING ISTINDAYO TADAIMASU GUZAIMASUU BLAH BLAH JACKFRUIT then they put a kawaiii look on their face right after that and a victory sign emulating anime characters

Well FUCK U

tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:46:55 AM

I used to like Anime but now it looks weird and feels weird. Like the old stuff like Kenshin was bad ass but all this new stuff Is ghay and weird.

I went to an anime convention and almost puked at the number of people telling me SOMETHING SOMETHING ISTINDAYO TADAIMASU GUZAIMASUU BLAH BLAH JACKFRUIT then they put a kawaiii look on their face right after that and a victory sign emulating anime characters

Well FUCK U
cosmyflyはばかです
cosmofly (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:50:32 AM

Well FUCK U
cosmyflyはばかです

I bet u go to those cosplay conventions wearing only an underwear

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:08:48 AM

Hmm, and here I am with 25 tabs of Manga.

Please, step in my concentration camp.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
tkbx

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:09:23 AM

Well FUCK U
cosmyflyはばかです

I bet u go to those cosplay conventions wearing only an underwear
Pretty sure that's not allowed. What are you basing this hypothesis on?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:58:34 AM

Is this the kind you like?   Cheesy

cosmofly (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:01:51 AM

Is this the kind you like?   Cheesy

Hahahahhaa this is exactly the type that pisses me off

tibor

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 01:33:11 PM

I only like three animes dragonball , flame of recca and  hunter x hunter.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:57:19 PM

The whole kawaii culture sux IMO, and the anime characters you find annoying are called "moe" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

I like anime, but only of a certain type, like Berserk, Ninja Scroll, Cowboy Bebop.

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:14:01 PM

兄弟
あなたはそれを得るいけない
GigaCoin

Activity: 308

Giga

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:34:16 PM

The whole kawaii culture sux IMO, and the anime characters you find annoying are called "moe" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

I like anime, but only of a certain type, like Berserk, Ninja Scroll, Cowboy Bebop.

those are some top notch anime's, you took me back haha. I LOVE Berserk and Cowboy Bebop. You also forgot Trigun ! Aaah those were the days  Smiley

If you enjoyed CowBoy bebop, definitely checkout Wolf's Rain it's highly underrated but made from the same creator of cowboy bebop.

I certainly do miss the art style of the older anime (90's to mid 2000's), for some reason i feel today's anime are heavily reliant on CGI and lack distinctive art style. The writing also used to be  much deeper.

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:39:02 PM

Sword Art Online. Combined kawaii and murderous sword swinging and fricking stuff.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:51:31 PM

those are some top notch anime's, you took me back haha. I LOVE Berserk and Cowboy Bebop. You also forgot Trigun ! Aaah those were the days  Smiley

If you enjoyed CowBoy bebop, definitely checkout Wolf's Rain it's highly underrated but made from the same creator of cowboy bebop.

I certainly do miss the art style of the older anime (90's to mid 2000's), for some reason i feel today's anime are heavily reliant on CGI and lack distinctive art style. The writing also used to be  much deeper.
Then check out the Berserk Manga, it continued much after the anime and the anime's ending is a filler.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:16:47 AM

I only like three animes dragonball , flame of recca and  hunter x hunter.

Is that about right?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:20:17 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 04:49:36 AM by Lethn

Maybe if you stopped looking at the mainstream bullshit you'd find some more to your liking, the problem is a lot of that horrid 'kawaii' stuff as you put it is 'in' now so they advertise it to the masses, like with games and t.v shows you have to peel back the layers of advertising to find the good stuff. For example, the absolute opposite to what your thinking is Black Lagoon and that shit isn't going to get mass advertised because of how violent etc. it is, you think for example there are going to be t.v ads and stuff everywhere for something like Game of Thrones? Regulators are obsessed with 'protecting' the children so 'kawaii' bullshit is all they're going to allow onto advertising networks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-s31XduHb0

I'm a fan of anime/manga and for once I agree with you, there has also been an infestation of perfectly good plots that have been ruined by time travel and alternate realities lately and I fucking hate it, Naruto was something that was constantly advertised as well if any of you remember and people eventually lost interest because it got dragged on for so long and before that there was pokemon.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:32:31 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 07:31:58 AM by TheButterZone

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
cosmofly (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:03:05 AM

Maybe if you stopped looking at the mainstream bullshit you'd find some more to your liking, the problem is a lot of that horrid 'kawaii' stuff as you put it is 'in' now so they advertise it to the masses, like with games and t.v shows you have to peel back the layers of advertising to find the good stuff. For example, the absolute opposite to what your thinking is Black Lagoon and that shit isn't going to get mass advertised because of how violent etc. it is, you think for example there are going to be t.v ads and stuff everywhere for something like Game of Thrones? Regulators are obsessed with 'protecting' the children so 'kawaii' bullshit is all they're going to allow onto advertising networks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-s31XduHb0

I'm a fan of anime/manga and for once I agree with you, there has also been an infestation of perfectly good plots that have been ruined by time travel and alternate realities lately and I fucking hate it, Naruto was something that was constantly advertised as well if any of you remember and people eventually lost interest because it got dragged on for so long and before that there was pokemon.

i know blacklagoon but it was in 2006,  that was like the last year any good anime came out. Find me one good anime now that is not weird, i just can't watch them i feel embarrassed and weirded out watching the recent animes.

As i also said before i can't go to Anime conventions anymore for the stated reason the people there are revolting, and i kept hearing the word "DESU" in the background, disgusting weirdos.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 09:06:06 AM

K-On was actually one of the ones that aren't so bad because it was at least coherent and light hearted, the rest are just a load of stupid catch phrases anime fans repeat and fanservice >_<
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 09:40:13 AM

Uchuu Kyoudai (aka Space Brothers)
Gin no Saji (aka Silver Spoon)
Kill La Kill
Nagi no Asukara
Log Horizon
Planetes
Monogatari series
Shingeki no Kyojin
Chihayafuru
Kino no Tabi (aka Kino's Journey)
Psycho-Pass
Steins;Gate
Zetsuen no Tempest
Jormungand
Bakuman
Mirai Nikki
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Some of this is weird but weird is fun. All but 2 of have gone >13 episodes to date.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:38:46 AM

I've got disgusted of all this manga shit. I'm not watching since a long time and I'm not planing to watch any more.

I just keep some good memories of the proper stuff like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, TriGun, Cowboy Bebop,...
Also Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli movies.

A good manga should give you new insights of the world.
If it's just a retarded shit made to distract you from your geek life then you better stop and go out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: