Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the IEO cheating / Should I invest in IEO?  (Read 13657 times)
tspmhack6 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:33:16 AM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

Why do new investors consider the IEO a scam / Should I invest in IEO?
The fact that IEO is a form of mobilization is very smart because it minimizes risks for investors. However, there are two big problems that are common in IEO: the number of tokens that are being held too much by some people, if the token floor will bring a good amount to them, if the token is reduced to the floor then they will quickly take a loss or sell out of the market but the big risk is to be in new investors. Therefore, for those who have lost their money in this market, they lose faith and consider it a fraud.
Everyone please rate IEO projects on the exchanges

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:48:41 AM

The fact that IEO is a form of mobilization is very smart because it minimizes risks for investors. However, there are two big problems that are common in IEO: the number of tokens that are being held too much by some people, if the token floor will bring a good amount to them, if the token is reduced to the floor then they will quickly take a loss or sell out of the market but the big risk is to be in new investors. Therefore, for those who have lost their money in this market, they lose faith and consider it a fraud.
what I know is IEO is a kind of ICOs, but make sure that the token will be listed on the exchange sites when it is sold, but all of the exchange sites are not sure about the success of IEO projects in the future.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:55:26 AM

So you want it to have like a purchase limit for investors? I agree that this should be concerned about but in some ICOs this is applied as well so I think it would not take a long time before they apply this regulation to be fair with everyone. But I do know that IEO is already abused even it's just started to make a hype a few months so investors should be still be cautious at all times.
asradoni

Activity: 1039
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:58:29 AM

Just a new generation of ico only with a smaller capa and listing guarantee. The risk is not so great.
1. Personal cap is too small.
2. The exchanges on which they pass interested to give X's from the initial placement.
blob:https://web.telegram.org/22076a77-f9d9-4ae3-b644-355777dbe061
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:02:13 AM

i haven't participated in any of the IEO since they where introduce so i may not have much to tell you, but if you are so kin on investing on IEO i would suggest you take a look at that of binance or bittrex since they are reputable exchange and it is expected any IEO coming from them will be worthy of investment,
whether they are cheating or not nobody can say, but do try and DYOR about the project before making any investment,
Just because binance or bittrex are conducting any of the IEO does not guarantee anything, put that at the back of your mind, all investment involves risk, IEO are not much different from ico's only that there is a little bit of security in the former than the latter.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:41:42 AM

no, that is not the problem with IEO, ICO,... and it is not the reason why they are considered bad or even fraudulent.

the problem is that regardless of what 3 words they choose to describe themselves, in the end they are raising funds to produce a token that has no reason to exist otherwise because it has no usages. then those funds goes in their pocket and they don't  do anything else apart from releasing that token!
and that is the main reason why all of them always go down in price and eventually die after a while.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:49:43 AM

IEO could be used by exchange or the team it self as a tool to manipulate the price of the coin in the exchange since the crowd funding takes place in an exchange. Another thing is the number of tokens each can buy, a whale can easily buy a big chunk of the supply and sell it at a higher price.

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 06:05:23 AM

From my point of view, IEO is much better than ICO as it has at least 2 big advantages:
- projects are being verified by exchanges before IEO starts
- you know from the beginning the name of the exchange the project will be listed.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:12:49 AM

recent IEO shows that lots of people use bot to fill their order, so i doubt you'll find any luck if you try join any high-class ieo. it's also possible that the exchange itself 'buy' the tokens and then pump & dump it later when the exchange opens. it's really risky and stressful, i personally think it's just another tools for some exclusive group to get profits from retail investors. not worth trying if you're a pleb.
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:14:00 AM

2019 will be "Year of IEO".
IEO is less honest than ICO on a ETH smart contract, exchanges can manipulate number of tokens and participants.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:17:43 AM

IEO is a really good way to raise funds. I think much much better than ICO. It has lot less risk and I don't think that it is a scam at all. Infact it is pretty nice because it gives faith to investors that their money is absolutely safe as reputed exchanges are handling their money. Alongside that it also ensures that listing of the token on any exchange is certainly confirmed so Investors will surely get atleast some value for their tokens. But yes it does carry the risk of a lot of number of token being held by one single person which makes it much less transparent.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:54:45 AM

because it gives faith to investors that their money is absolutely safe as reputed exchanges are handling their money.
That is a joke, exchanges are never safe.

Looked into it but for the most it is a cash grab for exchanges since they profit the most out of it.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:18:12 AM

no, that is not the problem with IEO, ICO,... and it is not the reason why they are considered bad or even fraudulent.

the problem is that regardless of what 3 words they choose to describe themselves, in the end they are raising funds to produce a token that has no reason to exist otherwise because it has no usages. then those funds goes in their pocket and they don't  do anything else apart from releasing that token!
and that is the main reason why all of them always go down in price and eventually die after a while.
Guess you meant 3 letters in this case. It is true that profit is the primary motive behind any of these ICOs and IEOs, but I am still happy that investors are moving away from the controversial ICOs to something better(IEO).

Majority of the ICOs just ended up creating more unneeded controversies for Bitcoin which is why this is a welcome change.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DBronze98

Activity: 403

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:41:08 AM

The IEO is a big trap to help whales make more money. Whales rely on relationships to be able to buy more tokens through the IEO. When holding a lot of tokens, they can affect the price of the token. So for small investors should find out before deciding to invest in the IEO. Don't become prey to hunters.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 08:49:32 AM

I've been wanting to try to invest in those kinds of things but in general. I have seen personally and been sent an email from Bittrex, and I think it would be a great chance to invest in if you get in early. As I have seen, it has been sold out.

I don't know whether it would be really profitable but exchanges that offer it are credible and they are trusted by people, so I don't think they would scam or something.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ExFrozze

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:35:09 AM

I think IEO is a great solution for sales lately, almost all the top markets in the entire world, the greatness of the IEO sales tokens has run out for a few seconds, but there are also long selling, all depending on the market where the launchpad is sold and depends on the project being built , I think there is no fraud in the IEO, all depends on the buyer

munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:49:53 AM

IEO is a better way to invest in crypto currency as participating in a scam ICO has been reduced drastically . The reputation of the exchanges are at risk with IEO so the exchanges will do their due diligence before allowing an IEO to take place in their exchanges. IEO is actually a good development since access to market is make easier for token issuers and the Investors do not have to follow the crypto coin to see the exchanges they will be listed on after the token sales .
kissme09

Activity: 658

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:58:54 AM

I think IEO is a great solution for sales lately, almost all the top markets in the entire world, the greatness of the IEO sales tokens has run out for a few seconds, but there are also long selling, all depending on the market where the launchpad is sold and depends on the project being built , I think there is no fraud in the IEO, all depends on the buyer
Fraud always occurs in all economic sectors. In the IEO many investors have tried to create multiple accounts so that they can buy an IEO when each account is limited the amount that can spend on the IEO. When you own multiple tokens, you can influence and control their prices right on the exchange. I find this unfair when people with a lot of money are controlling it all.

tspmhack6 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:05:32 PM

the problem is that regardless of what 3 words they choose to describe themselves, in the end they are raising funds to produce a token that has no reason to exist otherwise because it has no usages. then those funds goes in their pocket and they don't do anything else apart from releasing that token!

That's the bitter truth nowadays. People are taking ICO's name with hate, but it is not about ICO, it's all about the team and the project. Some ICO projects are still doing better, recently Haratoken was sold out by reaching the hardcap within 35 hours! Because they have a strong team and they are working every day in front of people!
IEO is not the solution here, only a real team with a productive ambition can make token's value but most of the ICO/IEO projects raise money only to fill their pocket, nothing else! Even Binance IEO is ot able to save a project/token if the team don't work perfectly!

With my opinion:
1. The launch of the Binance Launchpad started the IEO movement --> IEO expand on other exchange platform.

2. The Binance Chain Mainnet was born --> The Binance Chain Mainnet was born that would involve projects from other platforms such as Etherum or EOS that would switch to it. Even later projects will take the Binance chain as a foundation right from the idea stage

3. Strong team of Binance's are very active and should evaluate good projects to develop--> So investors will be more confident than non-IEO projects on Binance

4. Therefore, with IEO projects on Binance up to now, 100% guarantee success. And I believe that in the coming months perhaps other projects that will be Binance support will also succeed

Do you think same me?
tspmhack6 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:14:47 PM

Thank you. In my opinion, the IEO is probably a bit safer than ICO for 2 main reasons
1. IEO was evaluated closer by the Team of the exchange platform
2. Be sure to trade on the floor

However if the development team of the IEO is not active, then they will be devalued and die.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: