Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:10:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin can't be banned  (Read 2227 times)
roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:31:20 PM

they say united we stand, divided we fall...using this same ideology we are widely spread making it difficult to curtail it under their control.

And Bitcoin can't be banned simply because our governments can't bring it under their control despite having the tools that make btc possible, the internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:36:06 PM

The only way you can ban bitcoin is to completely shutdown the internet. Aside this nothing can be done to ban bitcoin. No matter how much noise countries are making about banning bitcoin. Non of them have been able to make it completely. Nobody can stop us from using the coin
Jan_Vl

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:50:32 PM

People always can find ways to use illegal or banned things, so why do you care can it be banned or not. Bitcoin can't be completely banned, it is just unreal. Some governments can keep fighting with Bitcoin, but eventually, they will lose
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:35:41 PM

I think that the author of that article should speak with the Chinese Government since they are now banning bitcoin. We all know that once the Chinese Government moves it's for real. Too bad for Chinese people who use bitcoin and other cryptos, lucky for us since our government thinks the same as the author of this article.

Do not worry mate nothing can stop the power of new technology, the important here is people continue to supoort for crypto as well because majority is still believe the capability of this new era if currency.

The only way you can ban bitcoin is to completely shutdown the internet. Aside this nothing can be done to ban bitcoin. No matter how much noise countries are making about banning bitcoin. Non of them have been able to make it completely. Nobody can stop us from using the coin

But buddy no country can do that shoutdown the system network have big big effect to the busines of entire country. So meaning nothing stop.or ban bitcoin until.the internet connection continue run.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:54:51 PM

I would like to take up the points of an article published on Bitcoinist. (Even if some will say that this media is Pro-Bitcoin the points are the most important.)

1. Laws Can’t Be Written Against Bits and Bites
2. You Can’t Ban Open-Source Distributed Software
3. Bitcoin Can Be Broadcasted via Satellite
4. You can Send Bitcoin Via SMS
5. You Can’t Shut Down the Power Grid

Any regulation can't prevent us from using Bitcoin. Despite their attempt to keep an eye on the system, it is simply impossible for them to ban people using it. So why giving a fuck to "I'm afraid my country will ban Bitcoin!"
They have nothing to fully stop the ecosystem that is currently emerging.
Definitely, you're correct, it is really impossible to ban Bitcoin from any countries but I saw some news that the Indian government already banned Bitcoin and their reason is really pathetic, they see Bitcoin as a Ponzi scheme or a scam. Undecided Anyways in what country you came from and what's the reason they will ban Bitcoin on your country? Huh

Bitcoin will not be banned but will be traced.

Privacy coins on the other hand surely will get banned, sooner or later because the privacy modes can POTENTIALLY be used by some sort of wrongdoers. No matter if you want to make someone a surprise gift, want to buy some kinky fetish lingerie or you could have a chance to buy something illegal or pay for illegal services unnoticed.
You have a point about that but these days there are some privacy cryptocurrencies that offers total anonymity and transactions are untraceable so nobody may see it and trace the user, I don't know how will they do that but just like what you said those illegal doers might use it because of the total privacy that they are offering. Smiley
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:55:33 PM

I would like to take up the points of an article published on Bitcoinist. (Even if some will say that this media is Pro-Bitcoin the points are the most important.)

Any regulation can't prevent us from using Bitcoin. Despite their attempt to keep an eye on the system, it is simply impossible for them to ban people using it. So why giving a fuck to "I'm afraid my country will ban Bitcoin!"

Bitcoin's one of the currencies which is notoriously unique until now there's nothing that can stop it even though by the government and this thing is also one of the factors that can make bitcoin survive and can still be used by the wider community until now. Overall, I very agree and amazed at your quote.

Government regulation cannot stop it, because bitcoin is a technology as well as innovation whose positive impact can be directly enjoyed by the wider community. However, what we were worried about was only one, namely the freezing of our money by them.

xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 02:26:30 AM

Bitcoin have million member in the world and always have way how to make bitcoin have value although many country was banned bitcoin, its why bitcoin never could be die and banned, we can use other way how to withdraw bitcoin although banned in some country.
Romanianz

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 03:44:20 AM

Bitcoin have million member in the world and always have way how to make bitcoin have value although many country was banned bitcoin, its why bitcoin never could be die and banned, we can use other way how to withdraw bitcoin although banned in some country.
I think that bitcoin members are more than you can imagine and the demand for bitcoin from various countries is very large and very much, in the future I am sure there will be many people who prefer to use bitcoin as the best transaction solution.
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:24:25 AM

I mean they could shut down the power grid buddy, even mother nature or the sun or polar pole switch could do that without purposely trying to do it.... But people purposely trying to do it could.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_major_power_outages#Largest (no one is purposely trying to shut it down at the moment and there has been many already even Venezuela is still a lot offline)
Wingzcrypto2018
Copper Member

Activity: 110
Merit: 60

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:52:28 AM

In the first place, government is under the centralized based system or regulated concepts while Bitcoin was decentralized or unregulated business. On this way I guess you know the answer were Bitcoin can't be ban by any form of the government in my opinion.
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 09:29:56 AM

Bitcoin cannot complain that I think Bitcoin and Blockchain technology is also a new step in the scientific and technological revolution. It brings many new things about how to trade applications and make money. Bitcoin only may be banned by government politics and government and it is coercive. But people's consciousness and subconsciousness about Bitcoin is not banned by the government.
nak02

Activity: 512
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 09:45:06 AM

In my opinion, as long as they using it just like the other crypto currency it will remain stands and on the other hand it will be upgraded in the future even this #1 coin or token they called about "BITCOIN". But to say now there are many people are tired for using the other tokens just like they called "wasted coin" or wasted project.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 10:25:13 AM

because the system that bitcoin control is digitalized, so to ban bitcoin will be very difficult. even though some countries say he tires bitcoin, it doesn't mean they ban it completely you can still have bitcoin and other cryptocurrency

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:39:31 AM

They can't ban bitcoin but they can cause legal troubles and you will be suffering from it. They can impose regulations that might cause problems when transacting using bitcoin. They can put you in trouble by suing you for money laundering or suspicious activities. The Government can't ban bitcoin but they can easily ban the usage of bitcoin or any other crypto currencies.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:40:34 AM

In my opinion, as long as they using it just like the other crypto currency it will remain stands and on the other hand it will be upgraded in the future even this #1 coin or token they called about "BITCOIN". But to say now there are many people are tired for using the other tokens just like they called "wasted coin" or wasted project.

Bitcoin is the most used coin the crypto world, the most popular in short, if people will stop using bitcoin then probably the whole crypto world will fail, unless there's a new coin that will replace on its position, in that case, that would be good because the market will still be alive.

manok jepang

Activity: 757
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:52:15 AM

The appearance of bitcoin had indeed created a negative stigma, Bitcoin was allegedly able to be used for a variety of illegal transactions. In fact, until now the interest in investing in this currency continues to experience a significant increase. Although full of controversy, the trend of Bitcoin will be difficult to resist, the use of virtual currency is increasingly massive. Some countries experiencing financial crisis conditions also use this currency to maintain the country's financial stability. hence from that there is a possibility that bitcoin cannot be blocked.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 11:22:39 AM

The appearance of bitcoin had indeed created a negative stigma, Bitcoin was allegedly able to be used for a variety of illegal transactions.

that was before but now bitcoin is slowly regaining a positive reputation because people sees its true purpose but we cant deny the fact that bitcoin can still be used on dark and shady transactions  depending on the user that uses it  .

Bitcoin is the most used coin the crypto world, the most popular in short, if people will stop using bitcoin then probably the whole crypto world will fail, unless there's a new coin that will replace on its position, in that case, that would be good because the market will still be alive.

if people will stop using bitcoin , that is only an indication that they are using another crypto that is much better than bitcoin  . this means the crypto market will still be alive  .
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 12:48:13 PM

Although there are many countries that state that they ban bitcoin but no one can prevent anyone to use bitcoin so I agree with that statement. We should not be afraid. Even if we use bitcoin to buy goods at online shop then no other people will know that we use bitcoin, it is our right to use bitcoin. Most of buy and sell activity aren't supervised by governments so we don't need to worry.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 01:44:43 PM

Ever wonder why cryptocurrency is still decentralized and its users are all anonymous? Its is because of this particular reasons. What does count is that government can make rules about it and can ban all cryptocurrency transactions in the country but not the system itself because they dont have any power regarding that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 01:57:06 PM

Banning in bitcoin's ecosystem is really nearly impossible. You are right with your point that bitcoin is an opensource platform and it is not made to be regulated and is the user's choice and risk to use it.

However, banning it with the part that stopping and not allowing people to accept it and use it as a payment method is the thing to consider. You may have a bunch of bitcoin. But what would be the sense of it if the government already issued a law for the people not to accept it and not to consider the value of it? The government has the power to stop people from using it and consider it as an illegal deed.
People will always find ways illegal or in legal ways,its just like illegal things/transactions on each of our country now.Even if government force to stop bitcoin usage there will still be persons who will accept/buy/sell/trade bitcoin but in illegal ways and people cant be stop by just a prison sentence

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: