Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Say NO to GMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8904 times)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:52:30 AM

I suppose that you need a referendum Grin
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:27:45 AM

I suppose that you need a referendum Grin

i vote No.
DANIEL77

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:28:33 AM

+1! No to GMO! I'm against GMO!
praxiscat

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:10:00 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

Let me say there is a strong anti-science thread to the anti-GMO movement that bothers me. The fact is humans have been genetically modifying organisms in some way since Mendel opened the door to genetics.
It relies on a deep fear of science and it's results that dates back to anti-enlightenment fiction.
Humans have been taking evolution into our own hands since selective breeding of dogs with artificial selection. The technology regarding artificial selection getting continually more and more advanced as we advanced as a specieces, and the development of modern biological science. But many are so scared of it, partially because of a lack of understanding, it is a primal fear.

I will state the anti-GMO issue came out of a corporate IP issue, but people activists attached a fear of sciencetific advancement with it. A glorification of the natural. The same science of geneticially modifying organisms, molecular biology, is what can both cure and treat diseases.

With regards to GMO argiculture, the promise has already been fulfilled, we dodged a major global food crisis a couple of years ago with the significant drought in the US because drought resistant corn was already on the market. In a warming climate with the increased probability of extreme weather events we will need to use the science we know to mitigate it's human impacts. GMO is part of that solution, I am not saying GMO is always good, like any new technology it depends on use, but to take a blanket anti-position is one which is in many ways steeped in fear, and an anti-scientific bias largely based in irrational fear.

Einsteinium.org
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:33:49 AM

Have to agree with you praxiscat, I can understand being against for example having plants and animals getting their DNA genetically altered because that's going the extremely risky way of tampering with nature. Cross breeding for example however and things like it is something that has been done for ages now without anybody really getting all bothered about it, you for example, you have farmers who have taken a breed of cow that survives better in harsher environments but doesn't have a lot of meat, then breed it with a cow that does but can't survive very well in harsh environments, that's a very basic example but you get the idea.

The same people who rant about this kind of thing are quite happy to use Iphones and twitter so really, I don't pay much attention to them, much like when it comes to human culture, single genetic structures are dying out, this is evolution and progress, there's nothing you can do to stop it.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:38:41 AM

been having hemorrhoids along side eating gmo since childhood. switched to usda organic/non-gmo foods last year and no more pain in the ass from hell  Smiley
p.s. ate a domino pizza and the chocolate fudge they have this weekend, gave in to the temptation then voila! =result a lil pain in the stool

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:46:01 AM

I honestly have no idea why anyone gives a fuck about this stuff. Don't like it, don't eat it. Know what's worse than a genetically engineered piece of food? An activist that protests all day long because they don't work. Now that my friends is a real bad parasite.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 05:47:49 AM

People are quite rightly worried about genetically modified stuff Jeezy911 getting into the normal food, there are places where it's already happening with basic crops because of pollination, if the company that makes these crops fucked up then they could end up accidentally putting in something poisonous or fatal to humans or for that matter animals.

<insert infected human/animal apocalypse scenario here caused by a virus spreading through genetically modified plantation>

I think DNA tampering is a definite concern, but cross breeding? Not so much.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:56:55 AM

Sounds like it, anyway im from the US, and i live the GMO shithole nightmare everyday. With jobs at an all time low and fee's and fines coming from new health care legislation as of late, your pretty much forced to buy "cheap" GM products just to stay fed. Anything that's all natural usually costs an arm and a leg in the area. (being central california, home of the GMO) The farms in this entire valley are pretty much owned by McDonald's & their corporate fuck buddies. Chances are if ever had any MCD's, the lettuce, beef, cheese or anything else most likely came from this area no matter your location in the country.

Eating non-stop GM has left me fucked with gastrointestinal cancer as GM products absolutely decimated my natural probiotic enzymes, while leaving the entire system inflammed all day long, continuing for years.

Just started preaching all this anti-gmo news to my older sister, whom is also already beginning to show some of the same early warning signs i had before things went to hell in a hand basket.

I need to make some changes soon, thanks for the warning.
Snickers, Twix, Nestle, McD's..............Oh No!!!

mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:39:45 AM

I honestly have no idea why anyone gives a fuck about this stuff. Don't like it, don't eat it. Know what's worse than a genetically engineered piece of food? An activist that protests all day long because they don't work. Now that my friends is a real bad parasite.

how do you know what you eat?Huh

IOTA
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:45:15 AM

Let me say there is a strong anti-science thread to the anti-GMO movement that bothers me. The fact is humans have been genetically modifying organisms in some way since Mendel opened the door to genetics.
It relies on a deep fear of science and it's results that dates back to anti-enlightenment fiction.
Humans have been taking evolution into our own hands since selective breeding of dogs with artificial selection. The technology regarding artificial selection getting continually more and more advanced as we advanced as a specieces, and the development of modern biological science. But many are so scared of it, partially because of a lack of understanding, it is a primal fear.

This argument is a fallacy. In no way is selective breeding the same thing as taking DNA from a species that will never reproduce with another species and combining them. This will NEVER, not in a billion years happen naturally, and in no way is the same thing.
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:39:30 PM

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/05/31/monsanto-found-guilty-of-chemical-poisoning-in-france/

oops...
mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:02:21 PM

+1

IOTA
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:56:33 AM

yeah fuck that they dont give a damn about farmers.
recently another farmer was sentenced to prison for not spraying pesticides on his crops...
-> http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/23/french-organic-winemaker-prison-pesticide

WTF
mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:14:29 AM

GMO, NWO....eugenica it is all conected

IOTA
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:29:15 AM

how do you know what you eat?Huh
Well im still alive so I guess im ok. Im more concerned about a gamma ray burst hitting the earth than eating poison, seems to be about the same probability.

Bonam

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:46:32 PM

GMOs are pretty much the only plausible way to feed the Earth's ever increasing population with the nutrients they need to live healthy lives. Opponents of GMOs that slow the deployment of GMO products in developing nations are letting their ill-founded "principles" get in the way of life-saving technologies that could be preventing hundreds of millions of people from suffering starvation, malnutrition, and disease.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:19:30 PM

lol, what? Even if you do think that GM stuff is dangerous, why does it have to link in with all that conspiracy theory shite?

That's the problem with "activists" like you, although you speak some truths, you lose your credibility when you start linking everything together with no proof or evidence. It's one thing to say it's dangerous, another thing entirely to start saying it's some master NWO eugenics plan....

I personally think that GM food is perfectly safe if it's done carefully - I would say the main danger is cross-pollination, that could cause for example some sort of strain of super-plants (triffids if you will) that could upset the local eco-system. Unlikely though.

I don't agree with these hugely powerful corporations basically doing what the hell they like, however, with no regard for anything/anyone else. Also don't agree with the french dude going to prison, but that case has nothing to do with GMO as far as I can see?
mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:08:57 PM

lol, what? Even if you do think that GM stuff is dangerous, why does it have to link in with all that conspiracy theory shite?

That's the problem with "activists" like you, although you speak some truths, you lose your credibility when you start linking everything together with no proof or evidence. It's one thing to say it's dangerous, another thing entirely to start saying it's some master NWO eugenics plan....

I personally think that GM food is perfectly safe if it's done carefully - I would say the main danger is cross-pollination, that could cause for example some sort of strain of super-plants (triffids if you will) that could upset the local eco-system. Unlikely though.

I don't agree with these hugely powerful corporations basically doing what the hell they like, however, with no regard for anything/anyone else. Also don't agree with the french dude going to prison, but that case has nothing to do with GMO as far as I can see?

conspiracy?
are you living on earth??

google eugenica bill gates

i think that you dont need google for nwo (nsa etc...)

IOTA
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:17:20 AM

GMOs are pretty much the only plausible way to feed the Earth's ever increasing population with the nutrients they need to live healthy lives. Opponents of GMOs that slow the deployment of GMO products in developing nations are letting their ill-founded "principles" get in the way of life-saving technologies that could be preventing hundreds of millions of people from suffering starvation, malnutrition, and disease.
 There is absolutely ZERO empirical data to back this statement up. I know the words make you feel all warm and fuzzy like you are helping people, but it is not. All the data I have looked into shows if anything GMO foods cause MORE STARVATION. How is this possible you ask? Well when you are in a poor country and your food crops are grown from "terminator" seeds that will not produce fertile seed stock, you are forced to buy expensive seeds EVERY YEAR. If you are already starving how do you afford this?  Additionally BT products are creating BT resistant super pests that are devastating crops because they have evolved a resistance to the BT poison. Just look at how many Indians have committed suicide because of the starvation brought on by GMO products, then tell me again how it is feeding the worlds starving any better than natural foods.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: