Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Say NO to GMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8905 times)
mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:05:49 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 05:24:21 AM by mladen00

What are GMOs?
GMOs, or “genetically modified organisms,” are plants or animals that have been genetically engineered with DNA from bacteria,
 viruses or other plants and animals. These experimental combinations of genes from different species cannot occur in nature
 or in traditional crossbreeding.
Virtually all commercial GMOs are engineered to withstand direct application of herbicide and/or to produce an insecticide.
 Despite biotech industry promises, none of the GMO traits currently on the market offer increased yield, drought tolerance,
 enhanced nutrition, or any other consumer benefit.
Meanwhile, a growing body of evidence connects GMOs with health problems, environmental damage and violation of farmers’ and consumers’ rights.

Are GMOs safe?
Most developed nations do not consider GMOs to be safe. In more than 60 countries around the world, including Australia, Japan,
 and all of the countries in the European Union, there are significant restrictions or outright bans on the production and sale of GMOs.
 In the U.S., the government has approved GMOs based on studies conducted by the same corporations that created them and profit
 from their sale. Increasingly, Americans are taking matters into their own hands and choosing to opt out of the GMO experiment.

Are GMOs labeled?
Unfortunately, even though polls consistently show that a significant majority of Americans want to know if the food they’re purchasing
 contains GMOs, the powerful biotech lobby has succeeded in keeping this information from the public. In the absence of mandatory labeling,
 the Non-GMO Project was created to give consumers the informed choice they deserve.
Where does the Non-GMO Project come in?
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization with a mission of protecting the non-GMO food supply and giving consumers an informed
 choice. We offer North America’s ONLY third party verification for products produced according to rigorous best practices for GMO avoidance
(for more info, click here). Our strategy is to empower consumers to make change through the marketplace. If people stop buying GMOs,
companies will stop using them and farmers will stop growing them.

List of some products/brands with GMO's:
1 – “Snickers”, “Twix”,  “M & M”, “Milky Way”..........
2 – “Campbell” soups and other
3 –“Uncle Bens”
4 – Tea “Lipton”
5 – "Ferrero" - everything... Roche, Kinder surprise, Kinder    Bueno.....
6 – “Kraft” everything MILKA!!!, Jacob, Toblerone
7 – “Nestle” everything
8 –   Wrigley,  Juicy Fruit, Wrigley's Spearmint, Altoids, Orbit,Extra, Starburst, Doublemint, Skittles, Freedent Airwaves,     Winterfresh
9 – “Coca–Cola”, “Sprite”, “Fanta”, “Pepsi–Cola” , 7up, Gatorade......
10 – “Knorr” everything
11 – “Hellman ‘s” everything
12 – “Danone” everything
13 – “Heinz” everithing
14 – “Hipp” everithing for babies too!!!!
15 – “OREO”
16 – “McDonalds”  
17 – “Kellogg”
18 – “Pringles P&G” chips
19 – “President's choice ” everything
20 – ”Abbot Labs Similac” (babies food)

more info:
http://www.nongmoproject.org/

pls donate:
http://www.nongmoproject.org/take-action/donate/
or
BTC:  13z98nGMexfE6B9iXAFZSnp3upbr1TgzJT   (there will be BTC donate option on their site)

or donate to yours local ANTI GMO organization

or just write about it

IOTA
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:48:09 AM

Okay. No, diabetes sufferer, you can't have your insulin, because it comes from genetically modified bacteria because there's not enough genuine human insulin to meet demand, so now you're going to die horribly. Am I doing it right?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:57:41 AM

Okay. No, diabetes sufferer, you can't have your insulin, because it comes from genetically modified bacteria because there's not enough genuine human insulin to meet demand, so now you're going to die horribly. Am I doing it right?

I bet you are from USA

edit:

Australia.... USA toy puppet

Insulin=GMO food???   are you ok? do you have elementary school?

IOTA
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:03:35 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 01:28:51 PM by CJGoodings

Sounds like it, anyway im from the US, and i live the GMO shithole nightmare everyday. With jobs at an all time low and fee's and fines coming from new health care legislation as of late, your pretty much forced to buy "cheap" GM products just to stay fed. Anything that's all natural usually costs an arm and a leg in the area. (being central california, home of the GMO) The farms in this entire valley are pretty much owned by McDonald's & their corporate fuck buddies. Chances are if ever had any MCD's, the lettuce, beef, cheese or anything else most likely came from this area no matter your location in the country.

Eating non-stop GM has left me fucked with gastrointestinal cancer as GM products absolutely decimated my natural probiotic enzymes, while leaving the entire system inflammed all day long, continuing for years.

Just started preaching all this anti-gmo news to my older sister, whom is also already beginning to show some of the same early warning signs i had before things went to hell in a hand basket.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:06:47 AM

Most developed nations do not consider GMOs to be safe.
It's time to learn chemistry again? There is no magic difference between aminoacides created from "natural" or "modified" peptides. L-Tryptophan is always L-Tryptophan, L-Alanine is always L-Alanine etc.

I bet you are from USA
I bet he has a brain inside his skull.
mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:25:52 AM

It's time to learn chemistry again? There is no magic difference between aminoacides created from "natural" or "modified" peptides. L-Tryptophan is always L-Tryptophan, L-Alanine is always L-Alanine etc.

I bet you are from USA

monsanto sterilization gene is natural???

IOTA
mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:27:43 AM

http://www.morningliberty.com/2012/10/09/top-10-monsanto-epicyte-sterilization-crimes/

IOTA
CJGoodings

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:34:50 AM

I know in monsanto's lab rat experiments, after 3 generations of breeding while feeding subjects with GM corn, the rats from that 3rd generation had become sterile.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:40:37 AM

I bet you are from USA

Any consumed peptide, with notorious exceptions for some biotoxins, will be desintegrated to aminoacids. It doesn't matter natural peptide or not, you will get standard and optional aminoacides set and then use it to construct new peptides for your own body. Almost any "natural" or "unnatural" peptide is hostile to your body, you have to desintegrate it into aminoacides before trying to use.
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:43:02 AM

Insulin=GMO food???   are you ok? do you have elementary school?
Elementary school? It wasn't until high school that we learned that the amino acids in drug proteins are identical to the amino acids found in food proteins, and that they're identical regardless of whether they come from natural or modified DNA. But since my educational system has so obviously failed me, please explain to me why it is that drugs derived from GMOs are safe but foods derived from GMOs are not.

Sounds like it, anyway im from the US, and i live the GMO shithole nightmare everyday. With jobs at an all time low and fee's and fines coming from new health care legislation as of late, your pretty much forced to buy "cheap" GM products just to stay fed. Anything that's all natural usually costs an arm and a leg in the area.
Duh. The whole reason for genetically modifying food in the first place is to increase crop yields, thereby producing more food for the same price. With growing populations and shrinking available farmland, we're rapidly approaching the point where, barring an even more radical advance in agriculture, it's either GMOs or starvation. Make a choice.

Eating non-stop GM has left me fucked with gastrointestinal cancer as GM products absolutely decimated my natural probiotic enzymes, while leaving the entire system inflamed all day long, continuing for years.
Given that the amino acids are identical, it's not possible that GMOs have affected your probiotics (unless they're genetically modified antibiotics, but in that case the fact that they're genetically modified has nothing to do with it). Cancer is also not a symptom of reduced probiotic levels.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
CJGoodings

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:48:34 AM

Didnt say cancer was a symptom of probiotic deficiency, it was mearly a symptom along with "many" others such as the inflammation of the intestinal walls, swollen lympnodes, and elevated white cell counts.

As for the other comment, i was clearly stating the obvious. All that lack of food without genetic modification spiel out of the mouth of monstanto has to do with third world and developing countries.
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:51:25 AM

Yes, it is:
Hein explained that they had taken antibodies from women with a rare condition known as immune infertility, isolated the genes that regulated the manufacture of those infertility antibodies, and, using genetic engineering techniques, had inserted the genes into ordinary corn seeds used to produce corn plants.

Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

So just how well are these organic foods tested? Double blind studies I assume? On all the crops and new breeds? Rigorous  long term testing and certification process?

GMO's main issue in my mind is cross-polination and patent laws... And the contracts, not the modification itself...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
CJGoodings

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:14:29 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 12:53:26 PM by CJGoodings

The FDA testing process for GM products is a joke. Same with the USDA. Both together along with DEA are the whores of big pharma, where its all about the dollar bill.

Cross-pollination is a big problem when it comes to monsanto and their legal team, ready to come hard against any farmer (for copyright/theft or some shit along those lines) which has crops which have cross pollinated with monstanto patented GM crops. Its a major pain in the ass when all the surrounding farmers are forced into growing monstanto GM crops, and theres nothing you can really do but hope the wind doesnt kick up.

There's times where that very problem causes farmers to switch over to monsanto's products in order to negate that risk.

One thing that must be brought to attention is the possibility that these GM crops maybe the cause of massive honey bee die-offs as of late, as some insecticides has been spliced into some mixes of GM corn. Of course, this is just a 'maybe' and has not yet be defined as the definite cause.
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:43:37 AM

Genetic modification in and of itself is not a bad thing. The problem is that companies like Monsanto use a combination of GMO and lobbying to keep their Roundup racket going no matter the outcome, even if it ends up being harmful.
To be honest, I'd be more concerned about rBST. We know little about the process of FDA approval of Roundup Ready seeds, but we know for sure that the approval of rBST was rushed, and the FDA could have very well been paid off or mislead.
CJGoodings

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:51:39 AM

Yeah, all those bovine injections are hella scandalous... of course you can pass FDA trials when your allowed to omit data from the studies, results of puss filled sores developing in the cows utters tainting the milk.
Stalker1337

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:06:06 PM

Agree with OP, GMO is not good for us, people try to avoid this and don't buy that!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:24:46 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 04:06:45 PM by Spendulus

....Of course, this is just a 'maybe' and has not yet be defined as the definite cause.
Oh yeah?

Well...

Well..

Yah want to match up your maybes against mah maybes?

So far everything you've said in support of an anti-GMO position has seemed rather groundless.

How about the estimated 1 Billion+ people that GMO has saved the lives of?
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:26:44 PM

What about farmers in the USA, who didn't want to accept GMO and had GMO sown against their will, to contaminate their clean crops? If GMO is so good then why not allow people to choose whether they want to use it or not?

mladen00 (OP)
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:38:02 PM

....Of course, this is just a 'maybe' and has not yet be defined as the definite cause.
Oh yeah?

Well...

Well..

Yah want to match up your maybes against mah maybes?

So far everything you've said in support of an anti-GMO position has seemed rather groundless.

How about the estimated 1 Billion+ people that GMO has saved the lives of?

-How about the estimated 1 Billion+ people that GMO has saved the lives of?-

nice joke

IOTA
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: