Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:33:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Limit your participation in IEO on exchanges that you trust  (Read 11714 times)
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 10:01:57 AM

This has not do with generally being overtly security conscious of every financial engagements here. That is a why a thorough research is very pertinent, personally I have not bought into any IEO but I am taking my time to learn how it works and how to be safe within it
It is good to research about IEO and learn more about how things work here. I think that you will realize after your research about IEO that it is overcoming some of the negative point we had in ICO as a fundraising mechanism and in addition, since it makes sure the project is great, there is the least risk for an investor as compared to if you are planning to invest in ICO.

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2145

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 03:22:15 PM

An exchange like Binance has really done all their possible best to proof to us that they can be trust and yet, we are still against their services.
There's no such thing as an absolute trust in this cryptocurrency industry. Pretty much the same as Bitcointalk feedback system, it cannot guarantee that trusted member will not scam you, but you might be better of trading with trusted member instead of neutral/red one.

If they get regulated, will they not pass the effect of it to their users?
Well, with their current legal situation there is no protection for consumers. They can cheat with consumers' money because no party keeping eyes on them.

So what they did is to also fulfill the why cryptocurrency was created, no third party involvement, the same way you have advise for us not to trust exchange involvement, is the same way Binance too do not trust government involvement.
It is a difficult situation... I really do not want to choose, but I trust the government more than the exchanges. Remember Mt. Gox?
For IEO, DYOR and due diligence is always the best recipe IMO.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Jrfranco

Activity: 786
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 11:56:40 PM

We are now in an era of IEO, where a lot of investors and traders are looking forward to participating in different IEOs in order to make their profit.

Just as much as we have seen a lot of them succeeded, does not mean it is a totally scam free means of token sale or marketing. Why because, there are some newly lunched exchanges, that have not spent so much time in the crypto space, yet are aspiring and already making moves to conduct IEO.

If you seriously desire to take part in IEO, which is a good move, either as a newbie and as an expert in trading and investment, limit yourself to exchanges that you trust, most especially those you have been using right from time or the top exchanges in the crypto space.
This is not an investment advise, but a warning to safeguard your assets.

In my own observation, whether it is IEO or ICO, it doesnt matter, there is no guarantee if the project is IEO, if the developer would stop, it will stop everything, its just a matter of understand and mental awareness as well. The only good side of IEO is that, possible investors are at a high percentage, and it will come out as a successful IEO.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 12:00:22 AM

I beg to disagree on your idea because most of IEO coins are good if one just know what exchanges are good too. If one can join IEO from a binance exchange then there is no reason to limit one to join in. Binance has a good reputation as a good market exchange. There is no.doubt about it because it has the biggest market for cryptocurency among other exchanges.
HBBZ

Activity: 570
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:00:46 AM

That is very right and i think it is very important to spread awareness among newbies and general public about IEOs. I have noticed that with the success of IEOs on the bigger and reputable exchanges now even the smallest and new exchanges are also jumping on board and announcing IEOs i think this trend can be dangerous and we may once again see low projects getting funds and result in investor loss so we have to be very careful and choosy both about IEO and exchange.
My friend was about to participate in some IEO from an unknown exchange, but I stopped him. The hype around IEO drives people crazy.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 11:40:59 AM

An exchange like Binance has really done all their possible best to proof to us that they can be trust and yet, we are still against their services.
There's no such thing as an absolute trust in this cryptocurrency industry. Pretty much the same as Bitcointalk feedback system, it cannot guarantee that trusted member will not scam you, but you might be better of trading with trusted member instead of neutral/red one.

Of course you shouldn't trust Binance blindly either. But if you look which exchanges also offering IEOs on their sites, Binance is definitely the most trustworthy. And it is in their best interest that they don't allow any scam projects on their launchpad. That would damage their reputation as an exchange massively. But in the end they cannot guarantee that the project fullfils its promises.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 12:37:50 PM

I prefer IEO only in large exchanges, and the rest I don't care. IEOs in small exchanges like LAToken will not be profitable and it's just a waste of time. maybe there are still many who think IEO is very good, but they are not aware that the IEO also has a potential scam. so always pay attention to every project that you will invest.
One should always look for the exchanges that have great costumer base and in the same way to choose an IEO on the best exchange only could be a way to profit. There are many digital exchanges out there but not all the exchange are like Binance and this brings us to the conclusion that an exchange with great ratings would have great IEOs and could be trusted.
Rogkim1

Activity: 262

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:10:57 PM

Before taking part in an IEO on the exchange, it is necessary to study the experience of conducting an IEO on this exchange and see how successful the previous IEO was.
If the previous IEO on the exchange caused losses to investors, then it would be very risky to participate in the new IEO.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:55:55 PM

We are now in an era of IEO, where a lot of investors and traders are looking forward to participating in different IEOs in order to make their profit.

Just as much as we have seen a lot of them succeeded, does not mean it is a totally scam free means of token sale or marketing. Why because, there are some newly lunched exchanges, that have not spent so much time in the crypto space, yet are aspiring and already making moves to conduct IEO.

If you seriously desire to take part in IEO, which is a good move, either as a newbie and as an expert in trading and investment, limit yourself to exchanges that you trust, most especially those you have been using right from time or the top exchanges in the crypto space.

Indeed true and correct. The more IEO became trend now here in the forum of bitcointalk, for sure those scammer who will notice this will do hove some other plan to have a victim again through IEO, because We all know that there is nothing impossible for the scammer, if they really want to have a huge money.
ajdaj

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 03:39:02 PM

Indeed true and correct. The more IEO became trend now here in the forum of bitcointalk, for sure those scammer who will notice this will do hove some other plan to have a victim again through IEO, because We all know that there is nothing impossible for the scammer, if they really want to have a huge money.
Of course, there is a lot of controversy surrounding the principles of implementing new projects, but this situation fundamentally changes the situation on the cryptocurrency market.  Most importantly, these are good conditions for investors, which will affect the market and give all cryptocurrency users a good chance to generate income.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 03:42:29 PM

IEO seem to be a strong hold for every investors but that doesn't mean the particular project will succeed in the future ,don't blind join any project just because they are released on very popular exchanges you still need to do thoroughly research

der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 04:20:23 PM

That is the core point. The whole hype around IEOs is overwhelming, but you do not need to take part in every IEO that is held every day. In my opinion, this is a more general problem of the whole community, that 80 percent of all investors need to learn to be more selective with projects.
Thermytee

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 04:23:21 PM

Due to the seemingly success or IEO, lots of projects are now looking in that direction. One of the things that makes IEO successful is the easily access to funds without too much effort unlike the ICO where they'll have to work and work everytime. Even  the exchanges provide support and marketing to the projects team before sales starts..

In limiting participation, even small exchanges are now doing it. Just follow your mine and so what you can

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 04:45:08 PM

Even though you have the plan to participate in IEO's and still you can't buy some tokens. IEO's are sold out less than a minute and many whales are just buying the big chunk of tokens and I think there is no limit that you can buy. Only the whales are the only ones could benefit from IEO's in Binance, and other top exchanges.

That's not true. As far as I know there is, and always was, a limit for each participant. Matic, the last IEO on the Binance had a maximum investmnet of $300 per ticket with a maximum of 5 tickets per user (so $1500 in total).

People using multi-accounts have not gone away. To buy documents for the passage of KYC, it is very easy.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

other_side

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 05:03:37 PM

Even though you have the plan to participate in IEO's and still you can't buy some tokens. IEO's are sold out less than a minute and many whales are just buying the big chunk of tokens and I think there is no limit that you can buy. Only the whales are the only ones could benefit from IEO's in Binance, and other top exchanges.

That's not true. As far as I know there is, and always was, a limit for each participant. Matic, the last IEO on the Binance had a maximum investmnet of $300 per ticket with a maximum of 5 tickets per user (so $1500 in total).

He is right in that the whales in the market can divide 500 bnb into multiple Binance accounts to get as many tickets as possible. With each winning ticket they have doubled the amount of $ 300, in addition to the profit from bnb's price increase since starting to hold BNB
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 06:07:17 PM

Yeah! I agree with you. You should limit your investment in IEOs. I know at this moment ieos are highly hyped and in most of the conditions they are performing well. But many small projects plan to launch their ieo on some small or even medium size exchange. And most of them are not so good project. So be careful whenever you do a investment. And always keep in mind that don't go for others always study and
do your on research in the project and then go for investment.

mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 07:47:07 PM

Also, good IEO will not be held on the new exchanges, because they will not be able to attract many investors, and good projects understand this.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:03:55 PM

Simply they truth. It is much better to focus solely on the bigger exchanges and more trusting ones instead of hopping on every exchange simply because they offer an IEO service. This could just be another way of getting as much monies as they can and possibly disappearing into thin air. There are a lot of scams and atrocities in this industry and one has to take all the precautions to help stay clear of them.
Eadefemi

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:06:08 PM

Investor needs to hear this. Honestly, people put so much emotion on this IEO that they are not thinking straight when investing. I won't be surprised if news of d am IEOs start coming up, that will be soon enough.
Maamejane

Activity: 378

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:09:07 PM

For sure IEO's are everywhere now making it difficult to know the right ones to join. Don't go in for IEO's on strange exchanges. Most are out there to scam investors. Also many new exchanges are evolving just like that. Lets all vigilant.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: