Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:19:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending wrong erc20 tokens  (Read 840 times)
Tosin12 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 10:59:40 PM

Is it possible a bounty provider or bounty team as the case maybe send more than what you earn on the spreadsheet to your wallet? I was reading in a bounty group where sone one said he got more than 1million token when the whole bounty pool is just 9million . won't that affect other bounty hunters from getting their reward?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tosin12 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 08:11:09 PM

I don't have the details of the bounty hunters like ethereum address and spreadsheet number, I was just thinking if really that can happen and curious what the fate of other people on the spreadsheet will be
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 08:16:43 PM

interesting question, as i can understand, it did not happened
it is hard to expect mistake like that one, and it would be fairly to provide all other participants with their rewards, since the mistake is on the company that is providing bounty
Bitlover10

Activity: 291
Merit: 105

Love is all

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:22:11 PM

I did not participate in bounty program but I was looking many bounty threads and I realized that bounty managers used Google docs for collecting data from the bounty participants and according to their earned stakes they will distributing tokens to all participants. So it's pretty transparent for everyone but it's all processes done by humans beings with manually so may be they can do mistakes during distribution of tokens. And off course it effects on all bounty participants too. Also if it's ERC-20 token then you can find Transcations on etherscan.io if someone got that big amount or not?

Bitcointalk
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:37:37 PM

Is it possible a bounty provider or bounty team as the case maybe send more than what you earn on the spreadsheet to your wallet? I was reading in a bounty group where sone one said he got more than 1million token when the whole bounty pool is just 9million . won't that affect other bounty hunters from getting their reward?

That was actually a mistake and no one is above it. There have been such cases in the past where bounty hunters got more than what was on the spreadsheet but the issue here is that a bounty hunter cannot return the token that was sent out of mistake. Therefore such thing will affect the reward other bounty hunterd will receive.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:44:54 PM

The total number of tokens issued is strictly fixed, and if, by mistake, 11% of the total bounty campaign pool was sent to one of the participants, then most likely the team will have hard times. They will either have to pay with tokens from their rewards, or conflict with bounty hunters who may destroy the project.
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:50:09 PM

Not all will be the same as the distribution carried out by the team to the bounty hunter..
maybe the one who gets that many tokens is one of the project teams, That's in my judgment..

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:52:05 PM

Mistakes happen with bounty managers, even they are human. But one won't send one million tokens mistakingly. If that has happened truly the rest of the participants will get affected, because the funds distributed will be less. Also the bounty managers can't request the team for some additional token as everything will be allocated at the beginning itself.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:54:30 PM

yes it can happen, and already happened with me before that and the company contacted me to return the amount, of Tokens there are errors in the total coins payable to the bonus hunters
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 09:01:55 PM

Sounds too bad. Either there was a small participant, and most of them were unable to complete the task, so whoever did get a lot of tokens. The other possible thing is the hunter and the manager is the same person or friends. So, they grabbed a large number of tokens.
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 09:18:23 PM

Well, it may be that the person is lying just to get attention but it is not impossible. Some are really desperate. Imagine creating more than 50+ tg accts just to win more stakes. But with scrutiny, bad players can be dealt with

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 09:22:49 PM

if the project is new with low adresses, you can try to create a new token based on the old one and make payments on the new tokens, and abandon the old contract.
the situation is sad of course
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 09:41:30 PM

It is possible but I think those huge amount of would be hard to believe.
Besides I don't think that the distributor of the bounty reward isn't going to be a newbie to mess things up .
A small amount could be possible but something like that wouldn't be possible and yeah if it does happen then the other bounty participants would be affected.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 09:56:40 PM

Rewards can be sent double because to faulty running bots. I have not experienced more than that. But, sending 1 million coin that total supply is 9 million as bounty reward to single person is far from the reality.
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:13:48 PM

yes it can happen, and already happened with me before that and the company contacted me to return the amount, of Tokens there are errors in the total coins payable to the bonus hunters

It's true that I experienced it at that time, I was sent 2x the results of the spreadsheet, but the reality was indeed a bonus for us because we were not wrong.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
malcovi2

Activity: 1238
Merit: 70

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:18:19 PM

There are other possibilities

1. The bounty managers is the alt of the user that received the 1m tokens
2.  the team intentionally sent 1m tokens to a fake account.

Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:22:57 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2019, 10:46:39 PM by Landak

This is also remember me about some project that i've joined before, they made mistake (a lot) about distribution reward but they decide continue to distribute it, but if the total number is that much (as OP thread says), I think the project will replace the smart contract, because if it is not done immediately, it will cause chaos for bounty hunters and influence buying and selling activities in the market later "a bounty hunter dumps very much".

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:32:33 PM

but did you return it back?
if it doesn't return, can it be a fraud for negligence made by the bounty manager?
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:38:57 PM

I believe this is a blunder on the part of the bounty manager or the person in charge of the distribution. There is no how a single person will have like 10 percent of the bounty pool even if he participated in all the campaign. And in some cases, there have been issues of fraudulent managers, this might be the case here.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:50:36 PM

While it's possible, I'd say it's kind of hard screwing up the amount like that.
Do you have the transaction id? Otherwise the spreadsheet (+ the name/eth-address of the participant) might also help to check if there was such a transaction.

Nobody can perfect mate if that happen I agree with screwing error is the cause sending wrong amount of rewards and possible have an effect to the other participants.

I want to,heard your honest answer for this did you return the funds and how much amount you can receive and can you share sceenshot for the prove you aren't lie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: