Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending wrong erc20 tokens  (Read 840 times)
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 08:25:51 PM

Unfortunately, this happens, but rather not for the mistakes of the distribution contract, but also for the fraudulent actions of the managers of the bounty companies. After all, I am sure that each of them has a couple of multi-accounts for which he puts a lot of steaks and after the end of the bounty miraculously receives many tokens.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 08:29:09 PM

I participated in a bounty where I received double payment mistakenly. It happens sometimes because the transactions are many and they might overlook an address that they have already sent some tokens to.

Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:04:02 PM

Mistakes are bound to happen but this kind of mistake is a costly one and it is not allowed to happen or probably not possible. Compare the ratio of what was given to a single person to the whole bounty pool, I think no BM would want to make that mistake or else it was a planned one to cheat the hunters. But so far I have not seen such or heard of one.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:22:14 PM

Is it possible a bounty provider or bounty team as the case maybe send more than what you earn on the spreadsheet to your wallet? I was reading in a bounty group where sone one said he got more than 1million token when the whole bounty pool is just 9million . won't that affect other bounty hunters from getting their reward?
It is possible I think. Human error always occur so the sender should be more careful in sending tokens or rewards. If the receiver doesn't return it or the sender lost his access to the wallet due to carelessness then that's really a problem. One scenario for this mistake is that when the sender added another zero instead of typing 1 hundred thousand tokens.
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:31:03 PM

Is it possible a bounty provider or bounty team as the case maybe send more than what you earn on the spreadsheet to your wallet? I was reading in a bounty group where sone one said he got more than 1million token when the whole bounty pool is just 9million . won't that affect other bounty hunters from getting their reward?

It depends on the situation.
If you see your total tokens on the spreadsheet you should get the same amount on your wallet if and only if the mistakes on the 1 million tokens are XSEND of amount.
If the calculation on the spreadsheet is wrong there must be no reason to reduce your rewards as it is fault on their sides.
If they insist that there is no mistake then its a scam.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:30:23 PM

Depending on the total supply of the project, whether it affects the project or not. For example, previously having RankingBall project, they sold billions of tokens, but when distributing tokens for bounty hunter. They sent the wrong number to some people, but it didn't affect the project much and they just stopped and distributed it correctly to the rest.
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:43:58 PM

I don't see any reason why this should affect the whole bounty participants. As a hunter, am entitled to whatever tokens allocated to me on the spreadsheet. If the team pays a participant more than he deserves, then its their own loss not mine.

Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:03:02 PM

Mistakes happens i suppose, the question is if that bounty hunter returned those tokens to the team....
playboy654

Merit: 32

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:25:59 PM

I don't see any reason why this should affect the whole bounty participants. As a hunter, am entitled to whatever tokens allocated to me on the spreadsheet. If the team pays a participant more than he deserves, then its their own loss not mine.
Yes,when someone send to the wrong address then they are responsible for it which applies for the project team as well.

But I never see such cases,only the people gave the wrong address earlier and might want to give the new address but the team had send to the old address in that case no refund for the users.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:46:01 PM

If such an error occurs then the other participant's reward shouldn't be changed. Developers can do a number of ways to try to get the tokens back. They can ask the 'lucky' hunter to send back the mistakenly amounts or they can lock the token so that no one can move it from their wallet. And I think there are still many ways that developers can take.

yesyes18

Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:53:47 PM

oh yeah sure!! That's very possible. Especially if the transaction involved is a manual token sending then the the transaction is highly subject to human error. I have read so many incidents regarding such in my bounty hunting life. We see that everyday. And yeah, that can negatively affect other hunter's allocation since everything is coming from the same pool.
Moreover, i think such issues can be solved if the receiver willingly decides to send back the tokens.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:33:40 PM

Moreover, i think such issues can be solved if the receiver willingly decides to send back the tokens.
I have never heard of this issue since I don't really join bounties but as you said that you have been in this life for so long and experienced this a lot of times. But if someone who has receive an enormous amount of tokens, it's all about the honesty and willingness that he has to return that. If he cares for his reputation and other participants, he'll return it without thinking if he founds it that the allocation for him isn't correct. But AFAIK, it isn't the manager that sends and distributes the tokens right?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:46:42 PM

its a possible as a theory but who is that team member who cant calculate or send right tokens to right addresses then how they will make the project but dont know never listen about that a situation, its seems impossible.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:48:36 PM

In this case, it's the distributor's mistake so bounty hunter's rewards shouldn't be affected. There must be a mistake in the allocation of a certain wallet address but bounty hunters and the owner of that address shouldn't be blamed. It's actually happening in some distribution of rewards.

triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:07:17 PM

in my opinion there is a possibility if that happens of course other participants will not get their prizes, but they can still get rewards as long as  bounty hunter who gets a lot of rewards returns rewards to bounty manager / ico team for example, but that's rare in my opinion they will certainly still take the reward and save it until the tokens / coins that are obtained are entered into exchange, there are possibilities for some projects I'm sure there are still good ones and provide more allocations for participants who cannot get prizes and there is a possibility they will replace smart contract to avoid dumps by bounty hunters who get a lot of rewards.
lizaangel321

Activity: 560
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:11:56 PM

Of course it will, it will significantly reduce the income of each participant and then reduce the price of the token on the listing. 1 to 9 is a lot
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:17:05 PM

There is a possibility of errors in the number of bounty rewards sent to participants. Just like the excess amount then you should.
This can occur due to several factors such as system errors, wallet, input, or other technical mattersSad
But usually, this is the responsibility of the team to ensure that the problem does not affect other bounty hunters.
And if this happens, sometimes the team will inform and ask the user of the wallet to return the excess token. Although this may be difficult to obtain, at least the team has tried. Not infrequently they also want to return the token to the team. This, of course, will depend on who owns the wallet. If it were you, what would you do?  Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:23:35 PM

It’s really rare to have this happen. If you make a mistake, it may lead to fewer other bounty rewards. Maybe the project party will negotiate with that person and return the wrong reward so that the project can develop well.

abstractednerve

Activity: 752

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:52:20 PM

Sometimes people do mistakes but I don't think the bounty manager does this types of mistake. How do you know about it? Sometimes project owner picks two people for the bounty distribution, so they may give the distribution job to that guy who got 1 Million tokens. In some bounty, the manager can divide the payment givers like one man for social, another man for the signature! But if you really speaking the truth here then yes, those 1 Million tokens can be affected to the other hunters and the project too!

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 11:04:31 PM

Say thank you afterwards.  Grin
I mean there is no getting it back and yes it will affect the distribution for a lot too.

Even if you pinpoint who the guy is then they could do nothing about it.
They cannot ban that account since it is not his fault . It is being warned in every exchange specially MEW if that is the one they are using to check it twice or better triple check before pressing that send button.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: