Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:01:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin sCrypt = the next big thing.  (Read 7004 times)
bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:57:40 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 06:37:19 PM by bloods-n-cryptos

Classic pump n dump with a 'fancy' name. Well played Magnet, there will be tons of noobs holding bags after this one.

lol

"Classic Pump & Dump" 6 months after the coin was released?  I don't think classic means what you think it means. Wink

The difference between this coin and all others, including BTC, LTC & DOGE, is that BTCS embraces decentralized development by utilizing a novel proof-of-stake voting system to have the community decide development and foundation formation issues, as opposed to a central group of developers.

It looks like it's the first democratized crypto-currency and to vote you have to keep and hold your coins.  Hopefully, there will be a sell-off after it hits Mintpal to shake off some of the speculators, but a lot of its supporters plan to keep holding on for the coming voting phase.

This coin fills the need for a community-driven coin, especially with all the crap coming out of the "top-down" Bitcoin SHA Foundation.  

I wouldn't be surprised if other coins started following suit by democratizing their development because ultimately freedom loving people don't like centralized control with anyone, even brilliant developers.

The latest update can be found here:
http://theotherbitcoin.com/democratizing-development-roadmap-decentralizing-bitcoin-scrypt-development/

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:28:47 PM

Classic pump n dump with a 'fancy' name. Well played Magnet, there will be tons of noobs holding bags after this one.

Hey NWO, didn't see you around for a long time Smiley

I'm not a developer of this coin, just a supporter.

The coin was launched in september 2013 so if it was a "classic pump 'n dump", it failed.

Great to see you like the name too Smiley
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:32:35 PM

Bitcoin sCrypt now on Mintpal!
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:34:36 PM

How many BTCS were you holding? Please be fair.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:04:56 PM

How many BTCS were you holding? Please be fair.

30k, not selling, I believe it can reach >LTC price.
Same what happened to LTC exactly 1 year ago: it came from nowhere and did a slow rise until it was noticed by many people who almost forgot the coin.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

Market just opened on Mintpal!

https://www.mintpal.com/market/BTCS/BTC
yelloyello

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:22:33 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 11:13:33 PM by yelloyello

I think the name is very bad for the original Bitcoin. Investors shall be confused with more Bitcoin coins and there will be less investments. Local stores are going to think "what a mess" and consumers are not adopting because there is no "clear simple story" to tell.

The next coin can be named
- Bitcoin Alt
- Bitcoin Crypt
- Bitcrypt Coin
- Bitcoin Cash
and so on. You made it a mess in the hope to fill your own pockets....

Even before the BTC is adopted worldwide by local stores and consumers, you are allready seeding confusion in a bad way.
Very very bad. And remember, till so far, only the BTC (and on some sites, LTC) is the "way out" to dollars or euro's.
This "way out" is as we speak the only reason that people in the street will adopt BTC as value.

So when you disadvantage the original BTC, you disadvantage yourself, your adopters, and your miners.
And not only you, you also disadvantage all the other coins, miners, investers and so on.

Bitcoin-scrypt shall never be accepted at your local stores or big webstores and because of the name, you are delaying the needed adoption of the real BTC. That adoption is needed to raise the value of the BTC, and in that way, all the other coins.

People are working worldwide so hard to make it true and people are investing so much money to change the world we live in, and the only thing you can think about is to fill your pockets by choosing a confusing name that brings damage to the whole process.

You are not creative to choose a stunning name. You cannot create a cool logo. You have no good scrypt vision. There is no good story behind the name. You have no connections to make some good business plans.
All you can do is setup a coin (wich can be done in hours), copy a name, generate a wallet and mine 6 months upfront, and then you will tell the world this should be the next big thing.....  

It's a pity....

>>> Update, the Bytecoin is also alive. More confusion is on the way....
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:33:59 PM

I think the name is very bad for the original Bitcoin. Investors shall be confused with more Bitcoin coins and there will be less investments. Local stores are going to think "what a mess" and consumers are not adopting because there is no "clear simple story" to tell.

- Bitcoin Alt
- Bitcoin Crypt
- Bitcrypt Coin
- Bitcoin Cash

Even before the BTC is adopted worldwide by local stores and consumers, you are allready seeding confusion in a bad way.
Very very bad. And remember, till so far, only the BTC (and on some sites, LTC) is the "way out" to dollars or euro's.
This "way out" is as we speak the only reason that people in the street will adopt BTC as value.

So when you disadvantage the original BTC, you disadvantage yourself, your adopters, and your miners.

Bitcoin-scrypt shall never be accepted at your local stores and because of the name, you are delaying the needed adoption of the real BTC.
That adoption is needed to raise the value of the BTC, and in that way, all the other coins. The choice of this name brings damage to the whole process.

It's a pity....

First: I'm not the developer of Bitcoin sCrypt, just an early supporter
Second: Bitcoin sCrypt has been around since september and nobody got confused
Third: The name is great, it has Bitcoin specs but with scrypt algo, so Bitcoin sCrypt makes clear what it is
Fifth: I can't count
cisary

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:36:16 PM

- Bitcoin Alt
- Bitcoin Crypt
- Bitcrypt Coin
- Bitcoin Cash

Bitcoin-scrypt shall never be accepted at your local stores and because of the name, you are delaying the needed adoption of the real BTC.
That adoption is needed to raise the value of the BTC, and in that way, all the other coins. The choice of this name brings damage to the whole process.

It's a pity....

Exactly!!! I wish more people can see the situation around altcoins this way.. We should definitely focus on adoption of original "Satoshi Nakamoto's" Bitcoin! Looking to the future (ethereum etc.) is a good thing, but trying to replicate "BTC boom" is imho nonsense..
yelloyello

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:45:32 PM

@Magnet

In your opinion, in your world and with your friends/network/partners, yes, in that world you are right.

But go out in the street (the real world) and try to explain the bitcoin and the bitcoin-scrypt and maybe a third bitcoin-coin to a non-knowing random citizen. And after you explaine for hours, ask the citizen to tell the same story to another random citizen.

You can imagine what happens? They do not understand. Its too clouded.
They gonna refuse all the coins as "one mess". They gonna distrust the whole coin world.
They gonna fear everything that has to do with coins. Wrong way.....

MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:47:47 PM

- Bitcoin Alt
- Bitcoin Crypt
- Bitcrypt Coin
- Bitcoin Cash

It's a pity....

Exactly!!! I wish more people can see the situation around altcoins this way.. We should definitely focus on adoption of original "Satoshi Nakamoto's" Bitcoin! Looking to the future (ethereum etc.) is a good thing, but trying to replicate "BTC boom" is imho nonsense..

We? Who is "we" and why should "we" do what you say? Smiley

Bitcoin is currently in the hands of big companies with even larger data centers, filled with ASIC's, oil cooled.

Bitcoin sCrypt can be hardforked to any ASIC proof algo that's available, that won't happen to BTC or LTC.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

@Magnet

In your opinion, in your world and with your friends/network/partners, yes, in that world you are right.

But go out in the street (the real world) and try to explain the bitcoin and the bitcoin-scrypt and maybe a third bitcoin-coin to a non-knowing random citizen. And after you explaine for hours, ask the citizen to tell the same story to another random citizen.

They gonna refuse all the coins as "one mess". They gonna distrust the whole coin world.

Bitcoin is doooomed  Roll Eyes Wink

Listen, we have Coca Cola, Pepsi Cola and many other "Cola's". Do people in the streets get confused? No... and they understand the difference between Canadian Dollars and US Dollars too Smiley
bloods-n-cryptos

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:21:42 PM

@Magnet

Bitcoin is doooomed  Roll Eyes Wink

Listen, we have Coca Cola, Pepsi Cola and many other "Cola's". Do people in the streets get confused? No... and they understand the difference between Canadian Dollars and US Dollars too Smiley

People aren't confused with the different Linux flavors either (i.e., red hat linux, arch linux, ubuntu, etc...). 

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
yelloyello

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:41:29 PM

My grandpa was allready drinking Coca Cola and he had a telephone in the sixties. That is totally different from virtual coins that exist for no more then 5 years. And also the flavours of Linux, that is in your world, in your network, with your friends etc.

I was talking about the people in the street, at the grocery, in the factorys, a taxi driver or a supermarket boy, just ordinary people, who work and watch the news and have a Mac or PC at home. People who don't know about Linux, coins, scrypt, exchanges and so on. People that buy an iPhone because the neighbor has one. People who make money and trust the dollar and the local bank. People that run a bicycle store or run a sandwich bar. Is it so hard for you to imagine that in the real world their are people that are totally not aware of the world of bitcointalk? Come on.... We are just the one percent that knows of all this stuff.

So go out in that real world and try to explain to a random person. Or try to convince a local store to accept Bitcoin. (the real one)
Have you ever tried? You didn't even try!! Because when you tried, you should know how difficult it is to tell the story and convince people or local entrepeneurs to take te risk with their money and business and customers to use a virtual coin.
And above that, their comes your story that there are shadow coins like btc scrypt and God may know what other shadow coins come after this.

I hope now you get my point. And if you don't, just leave it this way.
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:42:36 PM

lol

"Classic Pump & Dump" 6 months after the coin was released?  I don't think classic means what you think it means. Wink

The difference between this coin and all others, including BTC, LTC & DOGE, is that BTCS embraces decentralized development by utilizing a novel proof-of-stake voting system to have the community decide development and foundation formation issues, as opposed to a central group of developers.

It looks like it's the first democratized crypto-currency and to vote you have to keep and hold your coins.  Hopefully, there will be a sell-off after it hits Mintpal to shake off some of the speculators, but a lot of its supporters plan to keep holding on for the coming voting phase.

This coin fills the need for a community-driven coin, especially with all the crap coming out of the "top-down" Bitcoin SHA Foundation.  

I wouldn't be surprised if other coins started following suit by democratizing their development because ultimately freedom loving people don't like centralized control with anyone, even brilliant developers.

http://theotherbitcoin.com/democratizing-development-roadmap-decentralizing-bitcoin-scrypt-development/

You don't sound very smart.

Just because the coin has been in hibernation (so the dev and a few others can hoard thousands of coins), does not detract from the fact that this is a pump n dump. You would be in the category of noobs I see losing at the end of this.

Crypto probably isn't for you.
OmarG

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:46:25 PM

Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Low Latency P2Pool Node
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • No Signup Required
  • Payouts Directly to Wallet
  • Unique P2Pool Frontend

Canadian P2Pools: http://omargpools.ca/
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 10:48:06 PM

lol

Just because the coin has been in hibernation (so the dev and a few others can hoard thousands of coins), does not detract from the fact that this is a pump n dump. You would be in the category of noobs I see losing at the end of this.

Since you didn't see this coin coming, I think the same applies to you Wink
OmarG

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:46:47 PM

First block found and payment has been sent!

Canadian P2Pools: http://omargpools.ca/
bloods-n-cryptos

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:51:18 PM

lol

This noob has been registered on this site longer than you son.  You could have discovered that with a quick profile check, but since you were too lazy to do that I'll guess that you were too lazy to check out the article on decentralized development too.

NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:27:10 AM

lol

Since you didn't see this coin coming, I think the same applies to you Wink

Who says I didn't? I hate Nxt yet I'm still invested. I'm just pointing out that you have poor ethics and you are trying to con laymen people into your pump.

Oh, hows UNOCS going for you?  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: