Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Blockchain the solution to gun violence?  (Read 649 times)
bobsav2121 (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 01:15:40 PM

Ahh... I love those crypto media so much. This is how they are making their articles: Is blockchain a solution for *shuffle cards* gun violence? Seriously, just add some random bullshit from fighting the poverty to war stoppage and you are getting some fresh content for your crypto website.
in this case author of the article is claiming that blockchain would help to check the background of gun owners. But no one said that this background in its current form works bad. So they took the problem out of their head and offered a solution just to make some content.
That's bullshit.

If you think that background procedures are not a problem you definitely not live in the US. They are A MASSIVE problem. There are people who suffer from mental health conditions who are being sold guns! And this is mainly because the background check procedures are extremely inefficient.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 01:16:47 PM

Ahh... I love those crypto media so much. This is how they are making their articles: Is blockchain a solution for *shuffle cards* gun violence? Seriously, just add some random bullshit from fighting the poverty to war stoppage and you are getting some fresh content for your crypto website.
in this case author of the article is claiming that blockchain would help to check the background of gun owners. But no one said that this background in its current form works bad. So they took the problem out of their head and offered a solution just to make some content.
That's bullshit.

Or that the current background form works at all.     Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 01:51:54 PM

That's bullshit.

If you think that background procedures are not a problem you definitely not live in the US. They are A MASSIVE problem. There are people who suffer from mental health conditions who are being sold guns! And this is mainly because the background check procedures are extremely inefficient.
Then please describe how our current background check works and why should someone waste a shit time of money in order to improve the thing that already works fine?
I bet that Police definetely have their own database with all gun owners and the ones that do not have a permission to have a gun. And for some reason they are not claiming that something works bad in that part.
yeosaga

Activity: 223
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 02:07:41 PM

That is not true. Everyone that buys a gun has to go through a FBI background check. The laws are different for every state, but are rigorous. Some states even take finger prints of the people.

Your only argument is that people with mental health conditions are getting guns, which is too vague. What is the definition of 'mental health conditions'? To me that means everyone to a certain level. Does it mean everyone who is on specific medications, and if so, which medications will halt the firearm purchase?

!ooh
bobsav2121 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 02:08:27 PM

That's bullshit.

Then please describe how our current background check works and why should someone waste a shit time of money in order to improve the thing that already works fine?
I bet that Police definetely have their own database with all gun owners and the ones that do not have a permission to have a gun. And for some reason they are not claiming that something works bad in that part.

Just one of many examples: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/17/aurora-shooting-failed-background-check
bobsav2121 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 02:09:58 PM

That is not true. Everyone that buys a gun has to go through a FBI background check. The laws are different for every state, but are rigorous. Some states even take finger prints of the people.

Your only argument is that people with mental health conditions are getting guns, which is too vague. What is the definition of 'mental health conditions'? To me that means everyone to a certain level. Does it mean everyone who is on specific medications, and if so, which medications will halt the firearm purchase?

The problem is that these background checks are extremely inefficient. Check the article that I just linked to above. The guy went from state X to state Y. One of these states failed to identify one of his previous felonies. Blockchain could have prevented this.
yeosaga

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 02:36:09 PM

The problem is that these background checks are extremely inefficient. Check the article that I just linked to above. The guy went from state X to state Y. One of these states failed to identify one of his previous felonies. Blockchain could have prevented this.

How could blockchain prevented this; step by step how?
Would it start with: 'users' have to register the gun onto a blockchain? (criminals will not, so the idea fails here)

To me it seems like a simple fix that is wrong with the system(not the guns themselves), which is that every state has different laws regarding background checks. I would agree that making the background check thorough plus equal across all borders would fix the problem with the system. I would even agree with certain people being on some specific medication being part of the restrictions as well. Something has to change with the laws, and your example can be fixed by a universal background check to close that border loophole.

!ooh
bobsav2121 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 03:02:17 PM

How could blockchain prevented this; step by step how?
Would it start with: 'users' have to register the gun onto a blockchain? (criminals will not, so the idea fails here)

To me it seems like a simple fix that is wrong with the system(not the guns themselves), which is that every state has different laws regarding background checks. I would agree that making the background check thorough plus equal across all borders would fix the problem with the system. I would even agree with certain people being on some specific medication being part of the restrictions as well. Something has to change with the laws, and your example can be fixed by a universal background check to close that border loophole.

Blockchain would have been that universal background system that you were talking about.

Also... Keep in mind... Most shootings aren't caused by criminals but rather by ordinary citizens who acquire guns legally. A lot of them have track records of mental instability and are simply able to pass the background check for X or Y reason like we've already discussed. Others have no record at all (which is why I would just ban military style weapons and get rid of the problem).
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1038

Death to enemies!

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:11:31 PM

I'm all about banning guns. But, unfortunately, these are deeply engrained in America's society. I came across this article that talks about using blockchain to keep track of gun sales etc.

https://cryptotradernews.com/insights/the-president-wont-touch-it-politicians-ignore-it-is-blockchain-the-key-to-gun-control/

Thoughts?
Bullshit. It is fundamentally evil idea to take away guns. In europe have no firearms but we still kill other humans with knifes, axes or bare hands. The problem is the killing itself, not the means by what killing is done. Maybe treating other people like equals and listening to them, and getting same in return, will reduce need for killing to near zero.

Blockchain is only a tehnological concept. It is like Diffie-Helman key excahnge. The Diffie-Helman key exchange by itself is not going to end gun violence.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 04:20:55 PM

Great. Now how is it related to blockchain and why the blockchain is a solution?

A quote from the article:

His state gun license permit was revoked in 2014, Aurora police chief Kristen Ziman said on Saturday. But he never gave up the .40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun he used in the attack.
Maybe now everyone should store his guns on the blockchain so no one could get access to it upon the license expiration?
It seems like the system is just not working good and it needs to be fixed. There is nothing that could be done especially with blockchain and blockchain is not giving any benefits if you compare it with centralized data storage.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:18:24 PM

I'm all about banning guns. But, unfortunately, these are deeply engrained in America's society. I came across this article that talks about using blockchain to keep track of gun sales etc.

https://cryptotradernews.com/insights/the-president-wont-touch-it-politicians-ignore-it-is-blockchain-the-key-to-gun-control/

Thoughts?

The blockchain technology can be implemented in every action that has to do with illegal activities or that they need transparency.
It can surely adopted and tackle issues like gun control or anything else that can't be controlled with they current systems. Politicians are just closing their eyes to these solutions on purpose.
bobsav2121 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:02:59 PM

Thoughts?
Bullshit. It is fundamentally evil idea to take away guns. In europe have no firearms but we still kill other humans with knifes, axes or bare hands. The problem is the killing itself, not the means by what killing is done. Maybe treating other people like equals and listening to them, and getting same in return, will reduce need for killing to near zero.

Blockchain is only a tehnological concept. It is like Diffie-Helman key excahnge. The Diffie-Helman key exchange by itself is not going to end gun violence.

LOL. Do you even know what's happening in the US? Children are being murdered every other week. This isn't happening with "knives and axes" in Europe bud.
bobsav2121 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:05:26 PM

Great. Now how is it related to blockchain and why the blockchain is a solution?

His state gun license permit was revoked in 2014, Aurora police chief Kristen Ziman said on Saturday. But he never gave up the .40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun he used in the attack.
Maybe now everyone should store his guns on the blockchain so no one could get access to it upon the license expiration?
It seems like the system is just not working good and it needs to be fixed. There is nothing that could be done especially with blockchain and blockchain is not giving any benefits if you compare it with centralized data storage.

From the article: After an initial background check failed to detect his felony conviction, he was given a FOID card. He bought the Smith & Wesson handgun on 11 March 2014.

Stuff like this has happened before and will continue to happen. This is why Blockchain could be helpful. To have one universal system to keep track of someone's criminal record disregarding where they come from.
yeosaga

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:39:55 PM

From the article: After an initial background check failed to detect his felony conviction, he was given a FOID card. He bought the Smith & Wesson handgun on 11 March 2014.

Stuff like this has happened before and will continue to happen. This is why Blockchain could be helpful. To have one universal system to keep track of someone's criminal record disregarding where they come from.

Then the problem is the universal background check, not the guns. The vast majority of firearms owners respect the guns under the 2nd amendment, and it is a good deterrent for crime in places that people can have them. I believe most criminals think twice about if someone has a gun in there house before breaking into it, or doing some other negative thing.

!ooh
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1038

Death to enemies!

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 07:12:38 PM

Thoughts?

LOL. Do you even know what's happening in the US? Children are being murdered every other week. This isn't happening with "knives and axes" in Europe bud.
Most school shootings are caused by bullying. Bullying is caused by economic unequality and ethnic and racial differences. They all are symptoms of disease called capitalism.

In europe there also are revenges by bullied kids. But they are done by pepper spray or less efficient means. I told, europe is totally gay, they even cannot get mass murder straight! Also, some time ago one asshole took knife and went to kindergarten and killed teacher and kids, so he can become famous.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 08:26:31 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2019, 08:52:55 PM by TECSHARE

1- Yes. At least submachine guns and military style weapons. Of course.
2- Dude... You can't bring a semitruck and run over kids inside a school building... You're going off a silly tangent to prove your illogical point.
3- I live in the US mate. Been shooting to a firing ring before and I've been offered all sorts of guns on my way out.
4- Sure let's make all students take weapons to school so they can defend themselves! Now is when you bring up the whole "let's arm teachers" argument, right?
5- Lol... Been hearing Eurabia for the past 35 years mate. How old are you? 18? I'm sure you're all into CoD and Fortnite but the real world is different son.
6- I don't even know what to respond. You want to keep your second amendment even at the expense of people's lives. You go buddy.

1. "Submachine guns" are already highly regulated in the USA, way to show your complete ignorance on this topic. Tell me, what is a  "military style weapon" one that is black and looks scary to you?

2. Can you bring gasoline or explosives into a school? Why is it required that it happens inside a building to be a valid point? You just unilaterally declaring it an invalid point doesn't make it so.

3. Well then you are exceptionally willfully ignorant aren't you? You sound all American to me "mate". You certainly aren't some entitled twat who came here from another country, enjoy this nation, then expect to be able to dictate to the native citizens what their laws should be now are you "mate"? BTW, What in the FUCK is a "firing ring". You sure have all the lingo down.

4. No one is talking about compulsory weapon ownership or carry. Many teachers are former police and military and should have the ability to be armed at school if they choose to.

5. Well shit you have been hearing about it! Fuck well I guess we can just ignore the millions of illegal migrants that flooded into Europe from Africa and the Middle East over the past few recent years huh! Shit it is a cliche! That is proof enough! Europe is a joke and is no example of self defense "mate".

6. I don't even know what to respond. You make yourself feel safer by forcibly disarming people so they can't defend themselves in their own homes at the expense of their lives. You go "mate".
bobsav2121 (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 05:54:49 AM

1- Yes. At least submachine guns and military style weapons. Of course.
2- Dude... You can't bring a semitruck and run over kids inside a school building... You're going off a silly tangent to prove your illogical point.
3- I live in the US mate. Been shooting to a firing ring before and I've been offered all sorts of guns on my way out.
4- Sure let's make all students take weapons to school so they can defend themselves! Now is when you bring up the whole "let's arm teachers" argument, right?
5- Lol... Been hearing Eurabia for the past 35 years mate. How old are you? 18? I'm sure you're all into CoD and Fortnite but the real world is different son.
6- I don't even know what to respond. You want to keep your second amendment even at the expense of people's lives. You go buddy.

1. "Submachine guns" are already highly regulated in the USA, way to show your complete ignorance on this topic. Tell me, what is a  "military style weapon" one that is black and looks scary to you?

2. Can you bring gasoline or explosives into a school? Why is it required that it happens inside a building to be a valid point? You just unilaterally declaring it an invalid point doesn't make it so.

3. Well then you are exceptionally willfully ignorant aren't you? You sound all American to me "mate". You certainly aren't some entitled twat who came here from another country, enjoy this nation, then expect to be able to dictate to the native citizens what their laws should be now are you "mate"? BTW, What in the FUCK is a "firing ring". You sure have all the lingo down.

4. No one is talking about compulsory weapon ownership or carry. Many teachers are former police and military and should have the ability to be armed at school if they choose to.

5. Well shit you have been hearing about it! Fuck well I guess we can just ignore the millions of illegal migrants that flooded into Europe from Africa and the Middle East over the past few recent years huh! Shit it is a cliche! That is proof enough! Europe is a joke and is no example of self defense "mate".

6. I don't even know what to respond. You make yourself feel safer by forcibly disarming people so they can't defend themselves in their own homes at the expense of their lives. You go "mate".

1- You're kidding me, right? I could go and buy an AR15 right now if I wanted to just with my drivers license. These come in all sorts of colors mate and yeah they look pretty scary.
2- How does one even get an explosive or kill dozens of people at a school as easy as it is with a gun? Silly argument.
3- Ahhhh I can already see what your next response is going to be... LET'S BUILD THE WALL!
4- LOL.
5- At least their kids aren't getting murdered at school every Tuesday evening.
6- Man how many people "defend themselves" on a daily basis? NONE. These things are innocent people killing machines. But if owning a gun makes you feel more like a man then go ahead mate! Keep on teaching those nice values to your kids.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 07:17:44 AM

1- You're kidding me, right? I could go and buy an AR15 right now if I wanted to just with my drivers license. These come in all sorts of colors mate and yeah they look pretty scary.
2- How does one even get an explosive or kill dozens of people at a school as easy as it is with a gun? Silly argument.
3- Ahhhh I can already see what your next response is going to be... LET'S BUILD THE WALL!
4- LOL.
6- Man how many people "defend themselves" on a daily basis? NONE. These things are innocent people killing machines. But if owning a gun makes you feel more like a man then go ahead mate! Keep on teaching those nice values to your kids.

1. As I have said several times already you don't have any fucking clue what you are rambling on about no matter how much you pretend to. Submachine guns, or any gun with any type of fully automatic fire function are highly regulated, rare, and quite expensive to obtain. You don't even know what you are talking about. An AR15 is not functionally any different than hundreds of other hunting style rifles except to exceptionally dumb and easily manipulated people who think it "looks scary"

2. Ever heard of improvised explosive devices? You can build explosives from products at any grocery store. Are you really arguing a building fire is not capable of harming masses of people? Again, just because you call it a silly argument doesn't magically make it so. You aren't even attempting a refutation, just calling it silly and moving on as if it is a given you are correct.

3. If only smarmy replies were equal to logical arguments you might have something here. Again, more avoidance of the subject matter, trying to be cute instead of making an argument.

4. See number 3.

5. No, they are only getting kidnapped by rape gangs and being pimped and stabbed. Also there aren't any European countries with over 350 million people.

6. Actually the CDC did a study on this and on the LOW end they calculate over 500,000 defensive uses a year, on the high end 2.5 million defensive uses. You pushing this personal delusion that no one uses firearms defensively is just outright retarded and a denial of reality. You have a right to your own opinions, not your own reality and "facts".
bobsav2121 (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 12:34:38 PM

4- LOL.

1. As I have said several times already you don't have any fucking clue what you are rambling on about no matter how much you pretend to. Submachine guns, or any gun with any type of fully automatic fire function are highly regulated, rare, and quite expensive to obtain. You don't even know what you are talking about. An AR15 is not functionally any different than hundreds of other hunting style rifles except to exceptionally dumb and easily manipulated people who think it "looks scary"

2. Ever heard of improvised explosive devices? You can build explosives from products at any grocery store. Are you really arguing a building fire is not capable of harming masses of people? Again, just because you call it a silly argument doesn't magically make it so. You aren't even attempting a refutation, just calling it silly and moving on as if it is a given you are correct.

3. If only smarmy replies were equal to logical arguments you might have something here. Again, more avoidance of the subject matter, trying to be cute instead of making an argument.

4. See number 3.

5. No, they are only getting kidnapped by rape gangs and being pimped and stabbed. Also there aren't any European countries with over 350 million people.

6. Actually the CDC did a study on this and on the LOW end they calculate over 500,000 defensive uses a year, on the high end 2.5 million defensive uses. You pushing this personal delusion that no one uses firearms defensively is just outright retarded and a denial of reality. You have a right to your own opinions, not your own reality and "facts".

I'm done talking to a wall
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 05:14:45 PM

What's next huh, this?

Point is, you ban something, people just move on to something else. You'd be surprised what prisoners can do with a sock.

We don't have a gun culture like the US but I don't have problems with it being allowed as long as it isn't ridiculously easy to get (like, in a fookin grocery) and that a psychological test must be made before being given a license.

As for having the gun info in a blockchain, good luck convincing criminals.

The chances of someone killing children at a school with a spoon are very low, don't you think?

The point is if you follow it to its logical conclusion, these "preventive" measures would just have people locked up and working from home (government still needs money, ho ho).

First they said that guns are bad, bad, bad, so they took them. Heck, even took them from police. Then these nutjobs started beheading unarmed police with knives. Knives bad, even butter knives! So they take the knives and that spoon. Then someone scoops cop's eyes using a spoon and plunges it into his brain. Spoon turns out to be truly bad, so confiscate them all and glasses as well since they can be broken and used for cutting people. Ad infinitum.

image loading...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: