Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:06:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digitalcoin Dev ROBBED!  (Read 25967 times)
Beef Supreme (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:32:05 PM

You have to trust employees, unfortunate for him.  If my wife wanted to rob my BTC, she could do it easily as well because I trust her.

Is your wife your employee?

No, I am hers.  And its a sweet deal!   Grin
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:59:18 PM

50 BTC worth.

EDIT:  Here's what I don't understand... How does he know it was his former employee?

I lost a bit more than 560,000 DGC due to an ex-employee copying the wallet file and later key logging the password from the work computer. Most if not all of it was already dumped (those are the massive sells you noticed yesterday).

This will not affect anything when it comes to DGC's development. I'm probably more motivated if anything.

How does he know said ex-employee made a copy of the wallet file, and keylogged the password?  How does he know it wasn't someone outside who managed to hack his network or something?

Why do want want to attack this with logic and reasoning?

~BCX~
Here's motive, too:  He wanted money.  He could sell the coins himself, pocket the 50 BTC, but then faith would be lost in the currency if the founder is selling a bunch of it, and the rest of his DGC holdings would be worthless.  So he claims it was stolen, sold off in "those massive sells" yesterday, so that he can sell a large amount of his own coins without raising anyone's suspicions.

To me, his facts seem too definite.  He knows more, without question, than he should be able to.  On top of what I've already mentioned, somehow he knows that the coins sold on the exchange yesterday were the same ones that were "stolen".  Sure, one might make a reasonable conclusion to that effect, but with certainty?  He seems certain.  Why?

EDIT:  Also, he mentions nothing about the ex-employee as far as prosecution or recovery.  It's like $30k was taken from him and he just doesn't care.  Who doesn't care about $30k?  Also, who doesn't change passwords after an employee who had access to the machine storing all the money leaves?  That would be the first thing I would do, and I'm not even a very security-conscious person!
romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:44:29 PM

You guys turn quick on someone in a second no jury or trial just guilty i see  Undecided

cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:15:51 PM

You guys turn quick on someone in a second no jury or trial just guilty i see  Undecided

Most people here on bitcointalk are pitch-forking idiots.  Carry on.
HashEngineering

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 10:24:50 PM

In the crypto world, everyone is guilty until (well there is no until anything).

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:31:22 PM

Some guys here, including master troll BCX, are morons. There is no motive to dumping hundreds of thousands of coins at the same time and again whenever the price reaches 10k satoshis or higher. You underestimate the intelligence of the dev because this guy invests months and months of work into the coin, is super patient (and continues to be) if he wanted or needed money he could have just sold coins in any 10k amount over all the past weeks and months slowly and under the radar of market attention. It especially makes no sense to choose a time when DGC already is at a new low (massive dumping began in 12k satoshi area). Trust is a bitch.

You could tell by the one day graph someone was dumping lots and lots of coins and it looks more like dumping out of mere panic to get as many BTC as possible to make a quick escape with the fortune. It is a fairly large amount and there was a time not too long ago when everyone and the dev was able to buy DGC for 3k satoshis, so no wonder he held so many of them. I bought tens of thousands of coins then myself for extremely cheap. This, plus all the donation coins make up a big stash alone - there was no premine nor instamine with DGC! Who would hold a lot of coins if not the dev believing in his own project backed with his full time and money?!

CryptoAve will get USD trading enabled very soon, merchant services are coming for DGC, the new (really terrific) website will get launched soon and the dev has been doing everything he can to fill the promise of Digital with contents. You are unhappy about the lack of publicity? Fine, many are. But I have no reason to doubt Baritus and believe he created the next best (and fair) coin after Litecoin.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:38:25 PM

If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink
gnode

Activity: 492
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:38:10 PM

If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink

Agreed. Why announce it? Oh it is setting the stage for the next announcement. The ex employee has robbed the exchange of all funds.
disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:50:58 PM

If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink

Agreed. Why announce it? Oh it is setting the stage for the next announcement. The ex employee has robbed the exchange of all funds.

He didn't "announce" it but admitted to it while we were discussing the massive sudden sell-off in the DGC forum. It was clear this would not be kept on the forum, so why hide it? None of you probably hold dgc anyway, and just love to get entertainment from the misery of others. There are lots of scams going on, but some of you guys see scams everywhere now. Time of paranoia. Cool down a bit.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:56:44 PM

If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink

He didn't "announce" it but admitted to it while we were discussing the massive sudden sell-off in the DGC forum. It was clear this would not be kept on the forum, so why hide it? None of you probably hold dgc anyway, and just love to get entertainment from the misery of others. There are lots of scams going on, but some of you guys see scams everywhere now. Time of paranoia. Cool down a bit.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:21:52 AM

None of you probably hold dgc anyway

Funnily enough I hold quite a bit of dgc, why do you think the dev's 50 btc pump didn't work  Wink
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:57:44 AM

For those idiots giving Baritus a caning over the stolen wallet, it was alledgedly a close work colleague who had physical access to his work machine. Not hard for someone to install a keylogger while you are away from your machine in that case. I know I don't always lock my pc around my close work colleagues as I wouldn't expect them to do anything shifty like that.  Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes including you trolls I bet.

CAve was not affected as it was a personal wallet issue. I'm confident CAve is becoming a very secure exchange given all the hard work, extra security layers and methodical, careful approach to it by Baritus and wish him all the best as I'm sure he was gutted losing that amount of DGC. He did say it has made him more determined than ever to make dgc successful tho.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:40:25 AM

For those idiots giving Baritus a caning over the stolen wallet, it was alledgedly a close work colleague who had physical access to his work machine. Not hard for someone to install a keylogger while you are away from your machine in that case. I know I don't always lock my pc around my close work colleagues as I wouldn't expect them to do anything shifty like that.  Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes including you trolls I bet.

CAve was not affected as it was a personal wallet issue. I'm confident CAve is becoming a very secure exchange given all the hard work, extra security layers and methodical, careful approach to it by Baritus and wish him all the best as I'm sure he was gutted losing that amount of DGC. He did say it has made him more determined than ever to make dgc successful tho.

Did you even read what you typed before clicked Post?

"alledgedly a close work colleague who had physical access to his work machine" meaning you have no idea if this is true or not.

This story keeps changing every time one of you tell it for Baritus.

~BCX~

I was there when Baritus told everyone in the DGC IRC channel. I have no reason to not believe what he says is true. He could have ripped everyone off numerous times over already if he wanted to over the last year. Why would he want to make something like this up. I commend him for actually telling people instead of pulling a Gox and keeping stuff hidden.

So to answer your question YES I did read it before I posted. Haven't you got something more constructive to do rather than just troll this thread??

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
baritus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:25:38 PM

1. The only DGC lost was my own. I bought it.
2. I trusted someone to perform a job and it was a mistake. I only trusted the person to the degree of believing they can perform a task without stealing. I was wrong, so the loss is mine and I accepted it and moved on. Of course I would never allow anyone access to any computer with sensitive data of any type without proper clearance. It was a personal incident.
3. I take extreme security precautions when handling anything related to CryptoAve. There is no exchange with tighter security. All funds are 100% fully secured from all sources and in all aspects.

I choose not to respond to the idiotic and more often than not moronic trolling that has become a stagnant and unwelcoming part of this forum.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
botinho

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:30:22 PM

I love DGC  Wink
baritus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:19:51 PM

You like making stuff up out of thin air I noticed.

The computer had absolutely nothing to do with CryptoAve. CryptoAve was not even online or functioning when the wallet file was stolen. No one ever had access to any of the CryptoAve servers other than me.

You need to work on tuning down your imagination to reality level.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
EdwardWitten

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:15:02 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 05:10:42 PM by EdwardWitten

I will keep on calling BS on that theft until Baritus provides the damn public address of the stolen wallets. Why would you hide this information if you had nothing to hide? I'm not saying he's dumping his coin, but I'm saying that providing it would clear many things up.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:25:42 PM

I will keep on calling BS on that theft until Baritus provides the damn public address of the stolen wallets. Why. Would. You. Hide. That. Info. if you had nothing to hide? I think he's definitely dumping his own coins.

If you look in one of the many block explorers you can see when a large number of days were destroyed.

For example there were 5,318,155 days destroyed in this block :

http://dgc.blockr.io/block/info/758830

So the recipient address in question is D8XRZpjj5RBda7c1TiLb5z6pgF8EftxXs8
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:27:50 PM

There isn't a rolley-eyes icon big enough to express how I feel about this.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:01:18 PM

BCX, please go back to trolling Coblee and your Solidcoin friends.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: