Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:09:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digitalcoin Dev ROBBED!  (Read 25968 times)
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:03:42 PM

I will keep on calling BS on that theft until Baritus provides the damn public address of the stolen wallets. Why. Would. You. Hide. That. Info. if you had nothing to hide? I think he's definitely dumping his own coins.

The reason he wont provide the public address is obvious.

The theft never happened.

Can anyone think of any other reason Baritus would not provide the public address?

~BCX~

trololololooser
GAML

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:22:05 PM

That is fucked up. 500k of dgc will be worth a fortune.

If he knows him personally ....it's time for some serious action for that amount.

Former employee?  Damn if that happened to me and I knew the guy and where to find him all hell would break loose.  Sad that there are such dishonest people around.

btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:38:29 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 11:34:59 PM by btcash

You like making stuff up out of thin air I noticed.

The computer had absolutely nothing to do with CryptoAve. CryptoAve was not even online or functioning when the wallet file was stolen. No one ever had access to any of the CryptoAve servers other than me.

You need to work on tuning down your imagination to reality level.
True that. But this is not about if he had access to CryptoAve. This is about your sloppy attitude towards security. Getting your wallet stolen is something I expect to happen to Crypto rookies and not to a person who runs an exchange. Furthermore it is more than questionable that you won't make the address public. Why is baritus not rying to get the Coins back? Apparently he knows the person pretty well.

I used to support DGC but now I am going to dump all my coins.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:08:44 PM

I will keep on calling BS on that theft until Baritus provides the damn public address of the stolen wallets. Why. Would. You. Hide. That. Info. if you had nothing to hide? I think he's definitely dumping his own coins.

Can anyone think of any other reason Baritus would not provide the public address?

~BCX~

trololololooser

Just provide a legit reason he won't provide the public address of the 500,000 DGC supposedly stolen and I might agree with you.

The reason is, if he provides the address we will all see a trail of him dumping his own coins.

That's why.

~BCX~

Man you just don't know when to shut your piehole. Give up your pathetic trolling attempts and go back to your useless existence peddling your misery somewhere else. Baritus himself has told you what happened yet you still continue to act like the ignorant, arrogant douchebag that everyone knows you as.

Do you not have a shred of dignity at all? It must be fun being an A grade loser that most people despise. "Oh look I'm the great self proclaimed forkmaster ~BCX~ "who can fork you coin at will!. Well whoopitdeedoo give the man a nobel prize what a credit to society he is! Using his genius talent to further the good of humanity there! Everybody give him a clap for his wonderful contribution.

Hey BCX do us all a favour and crawl back under that rock from where you came noone is going to miss you anyway. Muppet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
netsun7

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:31:25 PM

I doesn't make sense for a Dev to dump his coins at such a low price and thus cripple his project.
It's easy to accuse.
EdwardWitten

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:48:06 PM

~BCX~

trololololooser

Just provide a legit reason he won't provide the public address of the 500,000 DGC supposedly stolen and I might agree with you.

The reason is, if he provides the address we will all see a trail of him dumping his own coins.

That's why.

~BCX~

Man you just don't know when to shut your piehole. Give up your pathetic trolling attempts and go back to your useless existence peddling your misery somewhere else. Baritus himself has told you what happened yet you still continue to act like the ignorant, arrogant douchebag that everyone knows you as.

Do you not have a shred of dignity at all? It must be fun being an A grade loser that most people despise. "Oh look I'm the great self proclaimed forkmaster ~BCX~ "who can fork you coin at will!. Well whoopitdeedoo give the man a nobel prize what a credit to society he is! Using his genius talent to further the good of humanity there! Everybody give him a clap for his wonderful contribution.

Hey BCX do us all a favour and crawl back under that rock from where you came noone is going to miss you anyway. Muppet.

Why are you insulting him?
This is a legit concern. Why is Baritus not disclosing the public address?
This one of the best thing with a public blockchain: all assets are fully transparent to the public. Why can't Baritus provide an address that match the story? Considering his reaction, I believe it is because he can't. 
He has the burden of the proof. You can't just go around claiming that such a huge sum got stolen from you, and expect people to believe you without any evidence. Why are you so compelled to act as his guard dog?

We're not asking for much. This is the crypto-currency far west after all. Haven't you learned that nobody can be trusted?
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:51:45 PM

~BCX~

trololololooser

That's why.

~BCX~

It's a perfectly legitimate question. The second sentence is conjecture, but yes it is highly questionable that the address isn't being posted.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:56:57 PM

Agree with the others, why flip it and attack BCX, when he is addressing legitimate and perfectly reasonable concerns.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:04:04 AM

Agree with the others, why flip it and attack BCX, when he is addressing legitimate and perfectly reasonable concerns.

As EdwardWitten eloquently put it, the Digitalcoin Dev has the burden of proof. It's up to him to prove the coins were stolen. He hasn't done that.

We're supposed to trust that he didn't dump them himself? Whether he did or didn't is besides the point. Taking someone at their word for that, on these forums?

I don't blame anyone for jumping to conclusions. I won't, for now, but sometimes the naivety on these forums makes me want to bang my head against walls. Tell me, would you trust another person you didn't know not to sell 50 BTC worth of altcoins? (I have no idea how much the DigitalCoins were worth, but just replace the amount of BTC with whatever you consider a large sum of money to be)

The Dev may very well be telling the truth, but you can't get defensive just because people on these forums refuse to take someone at their word alone.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
phrozenspite

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:22:02 AM

As EdwardWitten eloquently put it, the Digitalcoin Dev has the burden of proof. It's up to him to prove the coins were stolen. He hasn't done that.

We're supposed to trust that he didn't dump them himself? Whether he did or didn't is besides the point. Taking someone at their word for that, on these forums?

I don't blame anyone for jumping to conclusions. I won't, for now, but sometimes the naivety on these forums makes me want to bang my head against walls. Tell me, would you trust another person you didn't know not to sell 50 BTC worth of altcoins? (I have no idea how much the DigitalCoins were worth, but just replace the amount of BTC with whatever you consider a large sum of money to be)

The Dev may very well be telling the truth, but you can't get defensive just because people on these forums refuse to take someone at their word alone.
yep, especially over something as simple as asking for the address. I told FreeTrade that exact thing about transparency with memorycoin, and look what happened with that.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:29:07 AM

Lol. Has anyone even asked him to post the address yet? What would it actually show? Someone who knew his private key sent them to another dgc address of his own, then dumping them on the market.
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:40:26 AM

What has this guy got to gain by being public that he lost his own personal stash of digital coins?

cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:02:48 AM

Lol. Has anyone even asked him to post the address yet? What would it actually show? Someone who knew his private key sent them to another dgc address of his own, then dumping them on the market.

Yes numerous times in several threads and in PM to Batitus.

Posting the address will allow tracking of the coins now and at anytime in the future.

I can assure you, if I have the public address, the thief will not remain anonymous. Baritus knows this well.
He also knows if this is a bullshit story, the public address will also disclose that too really quickly.

I'm predicting since public pressure is mounting on Baritus, the thief is going to have a "sudden change of heart" and return the stolen coins.

~BCX~

Why would he ever reply to your PM?  Your mind is already made up...
phrozenspite

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 02:05:36 AM

Yes numerous times in several threads and in PM to Batitus.

Posting the address will allow tracking of the coins now and at anytime in the future.

I can assure you, if I have the public address, the thief will not remain anonymous. Baritus knows this well.
He also knows if this is a bullshit story, the public address will also disclose that too really quickly.

I'm predicting since public pressure is mounting on Baritus, the thief is going to have a "sudden change of heart" and return the stolen coins.

~BCX~

Why would he ever reply to your PM?  Your mind is already made up...
well, now he doesn't have to reply to a PM. 

disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:28:52 AM

There is no motive. Any other month in 2013 would have made more sense. He would be insanely crazy to dump coins at such a low price when it was 30k satoshis only a few weeks earlier.
NotoriousBIT

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:29:28 AM

Sorry to see both sides tossing insults around.  The question of the public address should be a no-brainer.  I'm a fan of CryptoAve but I would definitely like to see the address given out.  My question is why not?
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:16:55 PM

There is no motive. Any other month in 2013 would have made more sense. He would be insanely crazy to dump coins at such a low price when it was 30k satoshis only a few weeks earlier.

Exactly. Why would any sane person dump like that at current prices unless they stole the coins and didn't care about holding them. Baritus could have sold out ages ago especially when dgc hit 0.0009 BTC a few months ago and many times over if he wanted to anyway. Why would he even bother spending so much time on CryptoAve to then cut and run by dumping a whole heap of dgc now? Its just ridiculous speculation on the part of some. He has given a perfectly logical explanation which makes alot more sense than the fairy tales some ppl seem to enjoy telling here.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:46:32 PM

Exactly. Why would any sane person dump like that at current prices unless they stole the coins and didn't care about holding them. Baritus could have sold out ages ago especially when dgc hit 0.0009 BTC a few months ago and many times over if he wanted to anyway. Why would he even bother spending so much time on CryptoAve to then cut and run by dumping a whole heap of dgc now? Its just ridiculous speculation on the part of some. He has given a perfectly logical explanation which makes alot more sense than the fairy tales some ppl seem to enjoy telling here.
Omg, use your imagination. Not saying that any of this is true but these are all possible scenarios:
1. Market manipulation. Dump a large amount of coins, cause a crash and buy them back cheaper
2. He has personal troubles and desperately needs money
3. He lost interest in DGC, sick of waiting for DGC's rise
4. There is a new coin coming
EdwardWitten

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:31:44 PM

Omg, use your imagination. Not saying that any of this is true but these are all possible scenarios:
1. Market manipulation. Dump a large amount of coins, cause a crash and buy them back cheaper

5. He did not dump and is just trying to justify the crash.
6. Decided there was no hope for digitalcoin in the sea of altcoins.
disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:43:26 PM

1. Anyone but the dev is more likely to try market manipulation. It's way too risky for him. DGC was once down to 3000 satoshis and Baritus knows how hard it was to get the price back up to ten times as high.

2. Good point. Why not just sell 100-200k dgc in small amounts time after time. Noone minds if he needs to liquidate money. He could have just sold and that's his good right. But doing it this way harming your own currency (repeatedly) is a most idotic move.

3. Yeah, that's why he just spent months to code an entire exchange on his own.

4. He puts all his efforts into DGC for a year to drop it like a hot potato?

The only possible reason I see for not to give a transaction id is not wanting future coins and other addresses to be followed, hiding that he might have lots more coins than 500k (which isn't unlikely as price hit a bottom of 3k satoshis a few months back), or protecting his own identity.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: