Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:58:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digitalcoin Dev ROBBED!  (Read 25968 times)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:57:08 AM

lets just say he has been involved with the following:

300 gbps ddos attack lasting months against cryptsy.

illegal botnet operation in excess of 350,000 clients.

transaction malleability.

he experiments with forking coins.

he forked feathercoin, terracoin, tagcoin(on launch day no less), nanotoken etc.

he's successfully doublespent many coins(including BTC).

his former accomplice, ArtForz has been missing for years.

he is also rumored to have been involved with the hacking/theft of Bitcoinica in 2012

But how much does he bench?

the bar if i had to guess...

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Disastrus

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:16:03 PM

i wish i had 350k friends

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:25:28 PM

Do people not read?? This has been explained numerous times. The theft happened on Baritus' work machine (yes he does have a job in an IT related industry) while he left it unattended via a keylogger installed by a supposed "trusted" work colleague. Now are people telling me everytime they have left left their work pc they a) Lock it and b) upon return think oh my "trusted" work colleague might have keylogged me I better run a scan. No of course bloody not. Cut Baritus a break and stop acting like you have never left your pc at work unlocked for even just a few minutes AT LEAST ONCE. If you say you haven't your full of shit. Anyway even if the machine was locked a person with physical access such as the work colleague can still get into the machine another time and install the keylogger if they wanted to.

Baritus is one of the hardest working and most decent dev's out there. He could have ripped people off many times over easily if he wanted to over the past year. He does not deserve this treatment at all and I actually feel sorry for him losing such a large sum of his personal dgc via such a callous, brazen act from a trusted person. No one expects their work pc to be hacked by a colleague now do they?? Therefor most normal folk would obviously not be going above and beyond to secure such a machine at work given the usually low level threat in that environment.

CryptoAve on the other hand is highly secured and on seperate servers totally unrelated and no coins were lost during hacking attempts due to the security measures that were already in place. Once again this is more than can be said for other exchanges that have been hacked and lost customers coins. The site is down and being reinforced as we speak.

Now that everything has been explained YET AGAIN, FFS BCX and any other muckrakers get a life and go trade/walk/gym/game or whatever else it is that you do, this dead horse has been flogged enough.

@r32godzilla

I can't help but notice you seem to have really deep insights into Baritus' thinking and actions but I love how the story keeps changing evolving as time goes on.

So your story is Baritus kept $30,000 on an unsecured public Windows machine that he only had access to a few hours a day while at work. Most IT firms have an internal network that is run by an admin that has access to every machine. If Baritus wasn't said admin, then this story becomes even more unbelievable than it already is.

I guess I am going to have to solve this mystery the old fashioned way through research. Figure out who Baritus is in real life, figure out where he works and see if we can flush that thieving scoundrel of an employee out. Notice I didn't say I would out Baritus here. Of course none of this would be necessary if Baritus would post the addresses.

~BCX~

Oh please, do some research instead of blabbering on and on about what you could / should / might want to do. You are a common thief and blatherer. I hope some relevant authorities will find out your name and track you down and connect you to above mentioned crimes. You have the right to remain silent. You're the last person to go around making accusations. Oh, I forgot, you can't reason with a psychopath. Everyone who wants to know those addresses can look them up in said block. It's not gonna help you with your smear campaign against the dev. Furthermore, you have been caught distorting facts to your agenda. I'm even convinced that you are the attacker against CryptoAve now. Too bad your attack didn't work out as you planned, so you have to continue your raid with other means. F A I L
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:01:55 PM

Do people not read?? This has been explained numerous times. The theft happened on Baritus' work machine (yes he does have a job in an IT related industry) while he left it unattended via a keylogger installed by a supposed "trusted" work colleague. Now are people telling me everytime they have left left their work pc they a) Lock it and b) upon return think oh my "trusted" work colleague might have keylogged me I better run a scan. No of course bloody not. Cut Baritus a break and stop acting like you have never left your pc at work unlocked for even just a few minutes AT LEAST ONCE. If you say you haven't your full of shit. Anyway even if the machine was locked a person with physical access such as the work colleague can still get into the machine another time and install the keylogger if they wanted to.

Baritus is one of the hardest working and most decent dev's out there. He could have ripped people off many times over easily if he wanted to over the past year. He does not deserve this treatment at all and I actually feel sorry for him losing such a large sum of his personal dgc via such a callous, brazen act from a trusted person. No one expects their work pc to be hacked by a colleague now do they?? Therefor most normal folk would obviously not be going above and beyond to secure such a machine at work given the usually low level threat in that environment.

CryptoAve on the other hand is highly secured and on seperate servers totally unrelated and no coins were lost during hacking attempts due to the security measures that were already in place. Once again this is more than can be said for other exchanges that have been hacked and lost customers coins. The site is down and being reinforced as we speak.

Now that everything has been explained YET AGAIN, FFS BCX and any other muckrakers get a life and go trade/walk/gym/game or whatever else it is that you do, this dead horse has been flogged enough.

@r32godzilla

I can't help but notice you seem to have really deep insights into Baritus' thinking and actions but I love how the story keeps changing evolving as time goes on.

So your story is Baritus kept $30,000 on an unsecured public Windows machine that he only had access to a few hours a day while at work. Most IT firms have an internal network that is run by an admin that has access to every machine. If Baritus wasn't said admin, then this story becomes even more unbelievable than it already is.

I guess I am going to have to solve this mystery the old fashioned way through research. Figure out who Baritus is in real life, figure out where he works and see if we can flush that thieving scoundrel of an employee out. Notice I didn't say I would out Baritus here. Of course none of this would be necessary if Baritus would post the addresses.

~BCX~

Oh please, do some research instead of blabbering on and on about what you could / should / might want to do. You are a common thief and blatherer. I hope some relevant authorities will find out your name and track you down and connect you to above mentioned crimes. You have the right to remain silent. You're the last person to go around making accusations. Oh, I forgot, you can't reason with a psychopath. Everyone who wants to know those addresses can look them up in said block. It's not gonna help you with your smear campaign against the dev. Furthermore, you have been caught distorting facts to your agenda. I'm even convinced that you are the attacker against CryptoAve now. Too bad your attack didn't work out as you planned, so you have to continue your raid with other means. F A I L

You pounded the nail, dead center.  Tongue

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
broken_pixel

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:04:23 PM

lets just say he has been involved with the following:

300 gbps ddos attack lasting months against cryptsy.

illegal botnet operation in excess of 350,000 clients.

transaction malleability.

he experiments with forking coins.

he forked feathercoin, terracoin, tagcoin(on launch day no less), nanotoken etc.

he's successfully doublespent many coins(including BTC).

his former accomplice, ArtForz has been missing for years.

he is also rumored to have been involved with the hacking/theft of Bitcoinica in 2012

But how much does he bench?

the bar if i had to guess...

You forgot to add 9/11  Tongue

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:44:01 PM

eThugs
broken_pixel

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:41:10 PM

eThugs

I am also- Functioning Stoned

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:54:01 PM

I didn't attack CryptoAve, if I had, trust me I would have let you know about it and besides I don't miss when I go after exchanges. Please  contact  Bitparking for a reference or even BTC-e. But I tell you what, if Baritus wants, I can make a stab at it when it comes back for air.

~BCX~

Are you saying you did attack Bitparking and BTC-e ?
zneww

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:57:18 PM

eThugs

I am also- Functioning Stoned

zneww

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:47:56 AM

you are still talking?
jomama22

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:55:53 AM

If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink

Agreed. Why announce it? Oh it is setting the stage for the next announcement. The ex employee has robbed the exchange of all funds.
you, sir, have foretold the future LOLOLOL
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:56:40 AM

All this misdirection but I still haven't got an answer on why Baritus won't post the address containing the near $30,000 USD in stolen coins so they can be tracked.

~BCX~

You have all the information you need. Go read the transactions on the blockchain linked and find this 'smokin gun' evidence you believe exists.

I suspect there isn't any. Backup your claims with detailed blockchain analysis.

The fact that you're not doing this suggests you know it's a trail that leads nowhere.

The information has all been available to everyone since this theft happened on March 8th.

Yet all we hear is nothing.....only repeated slurs and unwarranted demands.
zneww

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:59:53 AM

If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink

Agreed. Why announce it? Oh it is setting the stage for the next announcement. The ex employee has robbed the exchange of all funds.

you must have missed this......

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about here.

My account was one of the "Compromised" accounts on CryptoAve.

I received a notice that someone had tried to reset my password. Upon receiving this message, naturally, I freaked out and immediately tried to access my CryptoAve account.

I was still able to log in, my coins were safe. I changed my passwords for CryptoAve as well as my email to be safe.

CryptoAve shut down, I made a request to withdraw my coins and I have received my coins.

So, if my account was compromised and my coins were lost, why are they now safely in my wallets in cold storage?

This is a non issue.

Baritus had some personal coins stolen, which is nobody's business. In retrospect, he should have just kept his mouth shut and avoid all this. If he would have done this, then people would only be speculating on why so many coins would have been dumped on March 8th. He tried to be honest with everyone and ended up being accused of everything under the sun.

Sucks for him, sucks for CryptoAve.

The good news is, all this bad press is allowing me to pick up some really cheap DGC Wink

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:17:17 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 04:31:50 AM by disclaimer201

If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink

Edited:

All deposited coins were repaid to customers. I received mine within 24 hours. Others did as well.
zneww

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:18:58 AM

All coins were repaid to customers. I received mine within 24 hours. Others did as well.

wait...so you are saying the exchange was robbed? and Bart paid everyone back with his own? Huh
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:44:19 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 02:59:14 AM by r32godzilla

If I was running a 'secure' exchange and was dumb enough not to be able to secure my own personal coins, I still wouldn't be dumb enough to announce it..........just saying  Wink

All coins were repaid to customers. I received mine within 24 hours. Others did as well.

wait...so you are saying the exchange was robbed? and Bart paid everyone back with his own? Huh

If people actually check these threads from the start they will read as stated by Baritus himself and evidenced from customers for example Danny that NO coins were lost on CryptoAve during the hacking attempts. Security measures that were in place alerted CAve admin to these unsuccessful hacking attempts.

Once again this in contrast to other exchanges such as Gox etc which lost coins.  All customers have been able to withdraw the coins they had on the exchange while the security enhancements are being put in place as we speak. Overall I'd say a job well done by CAve admin to catch these attempts without customer loss. Looking forward to it back up and running soon.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
r3wt

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:50:19 AM

thanks for throwing me under the bus(users can still withdraw their funds from OpenEx btw)

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
zneww

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:51:23 AM

If people actually check these threads from the start they will read as stated by Baritus himself and evidenced from customers for example Danny that NO coins were lost on CryptoAve during the hacking attempts. Security measures that were in place alerted CAve admin to these unsuccessful hacking attempts.

Once again this in contrast to other exchanges such as OpenEx, Gox etc  All customers have been able to withdraw the coins they had on the exchange while the security enhancements are being put in place as we speak. Overall I'd say a job well done by CAve admin to catch these attempts without customer loss. Looking forward to it back up and running soon.

If people actually check these threads, ive been here since 4th page...and I JUST posted dannys quote last page.

Disclaimers post is confusing.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:58:46 AM

thanks for throwing me under the bus(users can still withdraw their funds from OpenEx btw)

Ok fair enough I didn't realise funds were returned there after the breach. Will update my post.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
r3wt

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:11:08 AM

Ok fair enough I didn't realise funds were returned there after the breach. Will update my post.

no there were funds lost, i was holding withdrawals on the deficient withdrawals while i built the little system to track who lost what and create a code system so they could recieve a "debt share" when the new OpenEx platform launches. that way there is atleast a hope they can get their coins back.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: