Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:48:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digitalcoin Dev ROBBED!  (Read 25968 times)
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:01:43 PM

but creating facts places you on a lower footing.

Is that any different than what bcx here has been doing? Smiley

The best advice I have seen in this thread is, Don't feed the trolls. because they will win everytime.
RMaxwell

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:19:08 PM

50 BTC worth.

EDIT:  Here's what I don't understand... How does he know it was his former employee?

I lost a bit more than 560,000 DGC due to an ex-employee copying the wallet file and later key logging the password from the work computer. Most if not all of it was already dumped (those are the massive sells you noticed yesterday).

This will not affect anything when it comes to DGC's development. I'm probably more motivated if anything.

How does he know said ex-employee made a copy of the wallet file, and keylogged the password?  How does he know it wasn't someone outside who managed to hack his network or something?

Reason #54 why the whole story is utter BS.

~BCX~

Dev says hack of exchange and massive losses due to heartbleed.  http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1010.0.html

And he detected heartbleed before anyone else so really impressive skill, I feel better trusting dev now.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:04:54 PM

50 BTC worth.

EDIT:  Here's what I don't understand... How does he know it was his former employee?

I lost a bit more than 560,000 DGC due to an ex-employee copying the wallet file and later key logging the password from the work computer. Most if not all of it was already dumped (those are the massive sells you noticed yesterday).

This will not affect anything when it comes to DGC's development. I'm probably more motivated if anything.

How does he know said ex-employee made a copy of the wallet file, and keylogged the password?  How does he know it wasn't someone outside who managed to hack his network or something?

Reason #54 why the whole story is utter BS.

~BCX~

Dev says hack of exchange and massive losses due to heartbleed.  http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1010.0.html

And he detected heartbleed before anyone else so really impressive skill, I feel better trusting dev now.

You're trying very hard to 'muddy the waters' here with an ambiguous and somewhat spiteful post.

There's no claim about detecting heartbleed before anyone else, he just knew that something wasn't right and according to the post he knew it wasn't his code. In fact you're the only person making a claim about detecting heartbleed...

Why is that ?
Beef Supreme (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:18:04 PM

This thread, and resulting crash, moved me to unload my DigitalCoin completely.

If it ain't BTC or DOGE, then I ain't interested.
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

Panic sell much?

On a side note, I see first grade is still happening here.
samson
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:44:15 PM

You must be subnormal if you think this thread caused anything to do anything.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:55:50 PM

An attacker that gained information through the heart bleed bug is 100% undetectable.

Bartius your a fucking liar.

But the whole community of crypto experts are wrong and Bartius is the savior. What a joke.

Beef Supreme (OP)

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:36:33 PM

You must be subnormal if you think this thread caused anything to do anything.

Yeah thats it.  Abby Normal, that's me.

This asset was turning toxic, and it lost 75% value in like a month.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:27:39 PM

There are two separate things that happened here, so better don't mix them up.

1 - Dev was robbed and this incident is unrelated to CrptoAve and happened much earlier.

2 - CryptoAve was attacked and shutdown before users' funds were compromised. All users received back their deposits. CryptoAve will be reopened soon.

Much of this thread is FUD. DigitalCoin price lost value because tens of thousands of DGC were sold on the market at market price, repeatedly. Even if Dev should have sold his own coins it would A- be the dumbest thing to do after one year of persistent and now continued work on the coin, selling at the worst possible time ever, and B- would be a redistribution of coins cheaply from the single largest holder of DGC. It would mean Dev loses out on a much larger sum in the future.

On top, we have seen Bitcoin go from over $ 1000 to under $ 400 in a matter of weeks. This has an effect on all altcoins because most coins are bought and sold mainly by buying/selling Bitcoins for fiat money.

More on the heartbleed connection and the CryptoAve hack attempt:

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1010.msg7019.html#new

To panic sellers. Watch and learn. DGC will lift off again in the future. Dev is doing the right thing. CryptoAve will reopen very soon.
Beef Supreme (OP)

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

1 - Dev was robbed and this incident is unrelated to CrptoAve and happened much earlier.

2 - CryptoAve was attacked and shutdown before users' funds were compromised. All users received back their deposits. CryptoAve will be reopened soon.

Much of this thread is FUD. DigitalCoin price lost value because tens of thousands of DGC were sold on the market at market price, repeatedly. Even if Dev should have sold his own coins it would A- be the dumbest thing to do after one year of persistent and now continued work on the coin, selling at the worst possible time ever, and B- would be a redistribution of coins cheaply from the single largest holder of DGC. It would mean Dev loses out on a much larger sum in the future.

On top, we have seen Bitcoin go from over $ 1000 to under $ 400 in a matter of weeks. This has an effect on all altcoins because most coins are bought and sold mainly by buying/selling Bitcoins for fiat money.

To panic sellers. Watch and learn. DGC will lift off again in the future. Dev is doing the right thing. CryptoAve will reopen very soon.

I didn't panic so much as I became disinterested in Alt coins in general.

I got rid of my LTC after a short stint because there is no point in LTC.  If I want real value, I will go with BTC.  If I want speed, popularity, big-market, and a high-liquidity coin then DOGE beats LTC handily.  Even the LTC developer wants to join forces with DOGE.

The alt coin herd is thinning, and DGC is losing.  Too bad really, I thought it was well developed.

samson
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:35:22 PM

The alt coin herd is thinning, and DGC is losing.  Too bad really, I thought it was well developed.

Well I'll be holding on to mine all the same.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:18:32 PM

I didn't panic so much as I became disinterested in Alt coins in general.

I got rid of my LTC after a short stint because there is no point in LTC.  If I want real value, I will go with BTC.  If I want speed, popularity, big-market, and a high-liquidity coin then DOGE beats LTC handily.  Even the LTC developer wants to join forces with DOGE.

The alt coin herd is thinning, and DGC is losing.  Too bad really, I thought it was well developed.

Coblee wanting to join forces with Doge is a sign of desperation really. In the past coins that were merge mined with Bitcoin didn't do well at all, look at Namecoin today. It precisely lost its value due to the fact it is merge mined. So, it could also be a trick to keep Doge in check. I wouldn't put my money on Litecoin nor Dogecoin though. There isn't a lot of potential for huge gains in Litecoin anymore, nor do we see service development for it, and Doge is simply a Meme pump and dump with an IBM developer in the back who got lucky. Pass.
Beef Supreme (OP)

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:22:50 PM

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:27:42 PM

Best to stay in DGC.  Once Baritus finishes ripping off, renaming and taking credit for someones else's anti-multipool code for v2.0 it is going up up up!   Roll Eyes
samson
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:41:09 PM

Best to stay in DGC.  Once Baritus finishes ripping off, renaming and taking credit for someones else's anti-multipool code for v2.0 it is going up up up!   Roll Eyes

I knew you'd come around eventually  Shocked
justice4all

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:50:11 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 02:03:12 PM by justice4all

Hahah this thread is comedy gold. So much desperate FUD from BCX and his sockpuppets. Anyone that thinks this thread made dgc drop down is living on fantasy island. "Dee plaaane!, deee plaaane!"  Grin

@ BCX - Nice desperate revive of a dead and buried thread. Obviously it must have come around again on your bi-monthly checklist of shitstirring and FUD threads.

BCX is like an annoying chihuahua that just won't shutup. A stupid and annoying useless mut that people laugh at because they look and sound so ridiculous. Basically all hot air and bravado until they eventually push things too far, meet a bigger dog and get eaten...

@ Mudda fudda - For a start learn how to spell its Baritus not "Bartius". The logical explanation is the heartbleed bug when it fits the method used to gain partial data from CAVe which could have only been via an SSL exploit. Trust level -4 eh, I guess we better take your FUD seriously!  Cheesy

@ Beef Supreme - DGC turning toxic? I guess all alts and even Bitcoin must be toxic seeing as they are all down. Wonderful logic there. Genius actually!

@ Hilux74 - Baritus doesn't need to 'ripoff' anyones code. You don't think a guy that can code an exchange from the ground up and dev multiple coins is capable of writing his own new algorithm?

I'll be holding my dgc along with my btc, ppc and other alts that are in my portfolio. Those communities will show the FUD merchants that actions speak louder than words..

Beef Supreme (OP)

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:12:26 PM

What is toxic in your portfolio is not the same as what is toxic in mine.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:46:59 PM

Hahah this thread is comedy gold. So much desperate FUD from BCX and his sockpuppets. Anyone that thinks this thread made dgc drop down is living on fantasy island. "Dee plaaane!, deee plaaane!"  Grin

@ BCX - Nice desperate revive of a dead and buried thread. Obviously it must have come around again on your bi-monthly checklist of shitstirring and FUD threads.

BCX is like an annoying chihuahua that just won't shutup. A stupid and annoying useless mut that people laugh at because they look and sound so ridiculous. Basically all hot air and bravado until they eventually push things too far, meet a bigger dog and get eaten...

@ Mudda fudda - For a start learn how to spell its Baritus not "Bartius". The logical explanation is the heartbleed bug when it fits the method used to gain partial data from CAVe which could have only been via an SSL exploit. Trust level -4 eh, I guess we better take your FUD seriously!  Cheesy

@ Beef Supreme - DGC turning toxic? I guess all alts and even Bitcoin must be toxic seeing as they are all down. Wonderful logic there. Genius actually!

@ Hilux74 - Baritus doesn't need to 'ripoff' anyones code. You don't think a guy that can code an exchange from the ground up and dev multiple coins is capable of writing his own new algorithm?

I'll be holding my dgc along with my btc, ppc and other alts that are in my portfolio. Those communities will show the FUD merchants that actions speak louder than words..

every single thing you just said is 100% pure bullshit and it would take me ages to address it all you spouted off so much dumb crap lol

give the FUD stuff a rest its old and so 2013.. facts are facts.

BCX always make logical rational comments that make sense to me.. and you wouldn't be so desperate to discredit and attack him unless this wasn't the case i think.
Baritus coidng a web site has nothing to do with putting coins out.. web design is a tad different to say the least lol
And Baritus claiming to be a great coder ? Well no offense to him but i see stuff like Securecoin.. i guess he borrowed some Quark code and is giving it back later ? lol
A fishy story is a fishy story..

FUD first & ask questions later™
justice4all

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:17:51 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 03:29:55 PM by justice4all

every single thing you just said is 100% pure bullshit and it would take me ages to address it all you spouted off so much dumb crap lol

give the FUD stuff a rest its old and so 2013.. facts are facts.

BCX always make logical rational comments that make sense to me.. and you wouldn't be so desperate to discredit and attack him unless this wasn't the case i think.
Baritus coidng a web site has nothing to do with putting coins out.. web design is a tad different to say the least lol
And Baritus claiming to be a great coder ? Well no offense to him but i see stuff like Securecoin.. i guess he borrowed some Quark code and is giving it back later ? lol
A fishy story is a fishy story..

Hahah oh puleeeease thats a bit rich coming from an A class bullshitter like yourself. How many times and forums have you been banned from again? BCX  and logical , rational don't go together in the same sentence.  Cheesy Grin.

Do you have even the slightest clue how difficult it is to program an exchange like CAVe from the ground up yourself?? We are talking thousands of lines of code, testing etc you goose. I'm pretty sure given this ability he can most likely develop code and algorithms for his altcoins as well. You might want to check some facts before talking complete horseshit.
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:31:20 PM

LoL @ 500k of supposedly fair coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: