Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:24:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What to expect from the coming Litecoin halving?
Explosive growth shortly before the halving - 5 (55.6%)
Slow and consistent rise after the halving - 3 (33.3%)
Both of the above - 1 (11.1%)
Nothing is going to happen halving-wise - 0 (0%)
Litecoin is a shitcoin and I don't give a fuck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On Litecoin halving  (Read 333 times)
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 07:45:06 PM

It is not a secret that in a couple months (according to this site, in 63 days, to be exact) there'll be a halving event. I won't delve into what it is (let's assume you already know). Rather, I want to share my thoughts on what to expect from Litecoin in terms of its future price action

Presently, this cryptocurrency is more or less following the general price dynamic of the whole cryptomarket. Maybe, it is a little more resistant to abrupt Bitcoin corrections (which all altcoins take note of), i.e. it doesn't fall as much as other altcoins (while rises a bit stronger on Bitcoin rebounds) but technically, there's nothing out of the ordinary to speak of. In other words, there's no hint at what to expect from the halving (let's call it writing on the wall in reverse) and which would give us an idea about future growth in the name of Litecoin

And that's the whole thing worth debating here. One morning we will wake up to see that Litecoin's price doubled or tripled overnight despite whatever dynamic we could have seen just a day before (whether it was an uptrend or downtrend). Moreover, we could plausibly expect the price of Litecoin to go down somewhat just before this explosive growth starts (and stagnate for some time prior to the real action). When exactly it is going to happen is an open question, but personally, I expect the explosion before the halving

Feel free to share your take of Litecoin's future price action in the context of the coming halving below (as well as vote above if you feel interested)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 07:56:06 PM

I think we will have a grow before halving as happen on past, and people who buy will get a good of profit if they have litecoin at that time, and maybe the price will stay at some range after halving.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:01:53 PM

I actually don't really believe in people's predictions about crypto prices. Because I personally have determined what I have to buy. But with what is said above, of course I hope it will happen, because I also have assets in litecoin. If that's true, I'm happy, if I'm not right, I'm still happy. I enjoy every moment in crypto.
harsi123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:04:10 PM

I really believe in Litecoin and I believe that it will grow very well in the future.  because it is worthy of a higher price, but what it predicts and I think it’s not worth trusting them.  because now no one really knows when there will be growth and how it will be necessary to trust only itself
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:06:55 PM

Litecoin with EOS and Binance are the most profitable altcoins in top 20, what more you expect? Bigger growth than Bitcoin? That will only happen if all altcoins start growing like mad.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 08:10:13 PM

I actually don't really believe in people's predictions about crypto prices. Because I personally have determined what I have to buy. But with what is said above, of course I hope it will happen, because I also have assets in litecoin. If that's true, I'm happy, if I'm not right, I'm still happy. I enjoy every moment in crypto.

I do not follow people's predictions, like you, but you have to listen to people, because if they are talking so much about a coin, they will buy and price will increase
There are a lot of people expecting some increase in price, the trend is good, everything appoints to an increase of price

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:25:41 PM

I think it can follow the pattern that btc follows before  and after each halving hopefully and i hope that ltc halving event this time will result in a super boost to overall market as welland it will push market to recovery faster than we can think hopefully.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 08:27:22 AM

litecoin is the only altcoin that follows bitcoin patterns closely which means since now bitcoin is on the rise and other altcoins are dumping, litecoin is also going to be on the rise. so when the halving comes it is already ready for the rise.

additionally following bitcoin means its halvings are also hyped up so there should be the same pattern as bitcoin meaning an explosive rise before the halving aka a big ass pump and then a drop right afterwards.
so far each LTC halving has been like this too.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 08:50:33 AM

Litecoin halving will directly hit the miners' profit, but not the LTC holders. Some analysts are expecting that LTC halving will increase its price by more than 50%, if in case happens, will at least breakeven the halving. So, this might be the reason why more people are investing their money in LTC.
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 10:02:43 AM

Last bullrun I noticed that litecoin is one of the best altcoins that brings big profits to investors and if halving happens while bullrun is alive I bet it will have huge impact of litecoin price
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 10:04:20 AM

litecoin is the only altcoin that follows bitcoin patterns closely which means since now bitcoin is on the rise and other altcoins are dumping, litecoin is also going to be on the rise. so when the halving comes it is already ready for the rise.

additionally following bitcoin means its halvings are also hyped up so there should be the same pattern as bitcoin meaning an explosive rise before the halving aka a big ass pump and then a drop right afterwards.
so far each LTC halving has been like this too.

Almost four years ago, when LTC halving happened. The price of LTC that time almost doubled, but that was 4 years ago. The situation now is different. The price may increase but not as big as doubling since its price now is high compared that time.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 10:15:19 AM

block reward halving has always been a hyped up situation with bitcoin so it has always been a hyped up situation with altcoins too but the degree of this hype has always been different depending on the coin and the market state of that time.
with litecoin i can see a big pump coming mostly because we haven't had any big pumps in it for quite some time now and it is starting to reach that point where Chinese pumpers again pick it up and pump the hell out of it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
wekael

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 10:28:14 AM

I think its already priced in. LTC did good moves already.
Maybe some exit pump but nothing i would invest in.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 01:33:20 PM

I think that this is a very good marketing move by the project, since if the total emission of the token decreases twice, the price of the token will go up, which will lead to a flow of funds from investors and in general this project appeals to me very much and I think to buy some tokens of this project.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 01:41:19 PM

We cannot trust any prediction in such a situation like this one but this is good to think that the price of LTC can be increase because o this halving its 4years since the last halving and the price of LTC can a big dominance like Bitcoin halving so people expect again a huge or good increase before halving happen.

DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 01:54:25 PM

There is such a phenomenon in the stock market: if everyone expects an asset to grow, then under certain conditions, growth ... will not happen. This can occur in the crypto market. Lightcoin is a big coin, but it doesn’t greatly affect the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin can create such conditions that Lightcoin does not grow.
It will be good if such a scenario doesn't take place.

didzi

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 02:23:30 PM

We cannot trust any prediction in such a situation like this one but this is good to think that the price of LTC can be increase because o this halving its 4years since the last halving and the price of LTC can a big dominance like Bitcoin halving so people expect again a huge or good increase before halving happen.

the demands will coming to litecoin because of this halving even my friend
i think people's who believe if this halving will make the price up is starting to collect more Litecoin now, just like me  Wink
and my big hope is can double their money after the halving

efrenbilantok

Activity: 576
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 02:31:27 PM

I am expecting that and I have a little holdings of litecoin, I wish the price growth will happen when the next halving comes, miners wont produce that much coind after halving so they might increase the price by selling at the fair price, so I am expecting a double price increase in ltc
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 03:34:59 PM

Litecoin with EOS and Binance are the most profitable altcoins in top 20, what more you expect? Bigger growth than Bitcoin? That will only happen if all altcoins start growing like mad

It is the difference which makes a difference (no plagiarism intended)

And in this case, it is the Litecoin halving which is that difference. Apart from diminishing the supply of new coins, which can't be possibly priced in (but that matter deserves a topic of its own) and which evidently drives the prices up, halvings (at least Bitcoin halvings) are typically preceded by a massive amount of hype, which expectedly also pushes the prices up. So it is not about Litecoin growing like mad along with other cryptocurrencies (the whole rush being obviously triggered by Bitcoin's pump), it is about Litecoin rising on its own due to the coming halving

And technically, it is not even about the price of Litecoin as such rising after (or before) the halving. It is kind of set in stone by the nature of the event and process (at least in prices denominated in Bitcoin). More specifically, the point of this topic is to discuss the possibility of a sudden, presumably unexpected price surge which everyone will be quick to attribute to halving in hindsight and say that it was inevitable, so everyone should have been ready for it. So why not get ready now and talk about it, before the actual pump starts?

Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 04:09:14 PM

Litecoin is one of the hottest coins right now. The chart shows significant overall upward slope on the price chart. Even with the halving news, litecoin continues to increase it market cap. Inclusion of LTC in your portfolio is a great idea, especially with thw much anticipated bullrun this year.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: