Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you stand on abortion? Let's have a civil debate.  (Read 1961 times)
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:10:27 PM

Still don't agree with abortion, although I am not perfect and not that much religious, but I believe in bible, and I believe that abortion is like killing a human being as it has already heart even if he's still fetus. So, we need to embrace the consequence of our actions, and that is love our child, even if you like it or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:02:51 PM

Still don't agree with abortion, although I am not perfect and not that much religious, but I believe in bible, and I believe that abortion is like killing a human being as it has already heart even if he's still fetus. So, we need to embrace the consequence of our actions, and that is love our child, even if you like it or not.
I'm also against abortion. People has it’s own views and belief about abortion. Many religious and others obstruct abortion is a murder killing baby inside the womb of a mother. Actually, some cases opt to choose to abort the baby because this might cause the death of a woman. Nonetheless, doing the right thing will give us good karma in life.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:23:24 AM

Male (Lets begin a norm of premising each post in this thread with our sex)

Alright now that I've established that norm, I hope to catch people up on the correct medical terminology because words are being thrown around in contexts where more specificity and/or accuracy is needed.

fetus-an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind
specifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth

embryo-the developing human individual from the time of implantation to the end of the eighth week after conception
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2019, 04:25:29 AM

Male (Lets begin a norm of premising each post in this thread with our sex)

Alright now that I've established that norm, I hope to catch people up on the correct medical terminology because words are being thrown around in contexts where more specificity and/or accuracy is needed.

fetus-an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind
specifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth

embryo-the developing human individual from the time of implantation to the end of the eighth week after conception

I identify as a military hovercraft.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:30:42 AM

ok captain conflation gender identity and biological sex are not the same thing.  I asked for your biological sex because that is what determines who can have abortions.  We aren't talking about gender identify which is what you're attempting to ridicule.  You'll have to find another opporutnity to make fun of an already emotionally vulnerable group of people.  
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2019, 04:38:30 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2019, 12:53:32 PM by TECSHARE

ok captain conflation gender identity and biological sex are not the same thing.  I asked for your biological sex because that is what determines who can have abortions.  We aren't talking about gender identify which is what you're attempting to ridicule.  You'll have to find another opporutnity to make fun of an already emotionally vulnerable group of people.  

If you are going to regurgitate the nicknames I give you back at me, at least try to make it amusing. That is sad, as well as your pathetic attempt to guilt me for not bowing to your insane ideology. People can believe they are whatever they want, they are not entitled to force me to share their delusions.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 06:28:58 AM

Some religions believe that at conception the fetus has a soul and thus is a human. Others don't think the soul enters until after birth. And then we have agnostics and athiests who don't believe in souls. Until everyone can agree on what makes a human a human as opposed to, oh I don't know, an ape, or "when" they're effectively a human, then there can be no discussion really as to what's right and what isn't.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone should mind their own business and let those that think it's the right choice for them do it up until the fetus can be sentient which is around 18-25 weeks (I do still think that's a bit long but it at least has some science beyond it). Beyond that, once we've reached the point where the fetus can be removed at any time and implanted into a man or woman who can then carry it to term, then change the law and let all those people that think it's murder volunteer to be surrogates.. or better yet, maybe there should be a lottery and they have to be forced to carry it. Let's see if all the pro life people sing a different tune at that point.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 12:31:34 PM

There should be a poll  for this, I'm a Christian so I am against abortion, but in every rule, there is an exception like the mother is going to die if he pushes through with conceiving the baby so the couple has no choice but to go through an abortion, so the mother will be saved, abortion is not good but there are instances that it is accepted, like the example that I've given.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 11:39:52 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2019, 12:58:23 PM by Magkirap

Killing a person is murder. A fetus or unborn is a person, or prove that it is not... don't just adjudicate that it is not.

If a pregnancy isn't wanted, don't have sex. Are you 100% sure your protection will work? If it doesn't, don't become a murderer.

The best bet is to get married before sex, and act like you are going to raise a family, even if your protection works.

The aborted, murdered kid might have been you.

Cool

Couldn't agree more, you spoke my heart out!

Not all the cases corresponds to your idea, open your mind to a broader scenario. Imagine a young child being raped and became pregnant. In this case, the child is not capable of giving birth and might be the reason of her death. The only thing to do is to choose whether to kill the baby so that the young child will leave or don't kill the baby but the child were died due to incapability to give birth. To conclude, having an abortion is not always a negative thing.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 12:28:42 AM

Killing a person is murder. A fetus or unborn is a person, or prove that it is not... don't just adjudicate that it is not.

If a pregnancy isn't wanted, don't have sex. Are you 100% sure your protection will work? If it doesn't, don't become a murderer.

The best bet is to get married before sex, and act like you are going to raise a family, even if your protection works.

The aborted, murdered kid might have been you.

Cool

Couldn't agree more, you spoke my heart out!

Not all the cases corresponds to your idea, open your mind to a broader scenario.

The broader scenario would almost eliminate abortions altogether. Why? Because the only legitimate reasons for abortion are the iminent death of the mother if an abortion isn't carried out.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 01:39:47 PM

Abortion is a big no. Life is priceless and it is the highest value that man can attain in this world, without it we are nothing. As human being it is life that makes us who we are now and thus we must respect and protect life. Abortion is murder it is killing a life. The fetus inside the womb has a life, if it has no life how come it can grow and will turn into a human being. Life is a gift that must be treasured be it in a fetus or a grown up man it must be take care well.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 10:27:01 AM

I'm against in abortion because we know that is big sin and why do people go to sex if they do abortion. Once you enter in a relationship accept the fact that you may get pregnant. So if you don't like to be pregnant use safety methods so that you can not get pregnant and no abortion.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 11:48:23 AM

NO. Big NO. Religiously speaking, it is bad because it's killing other human being. One of the basic rights of a child is the right to live. And obviously, abortion deprives the child from living. It's not enough reason to say that it's your body and you get to decide what you want to do with it. I don't think it's humane at all. Actually, one doesn't have to be religious to see that killing is bad. It's just a matter of conscience and finding your humanity.

If you don't want the child, then just let him/her be adopted by someone. Just let the child live. Or, maybe you should have been very careful in the first place.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Renampun

Activity: 2296
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 09:08:24 PM

I will hate abortion perpetrators forever!
out there are many women who really miss a baby born from her womb but can't
every child born has the potential to become a potential leader who will change the world in the future
don't kill, it's better to put your child in an orphanage so that the country is taking care of your child.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 06:55:00 AM

every child born has the potential to become a potential leader who will change the world in the future
don't kill, it's better to put your child in an orphanage so that the country is taking care of your child.

Abortion should not be legalize, although to some countries it is legal, but as a human and believer in God, still we should be afraid of our creator and have some pity to the lives of babies, give them chance to see the beauty of the world, the chance to live and make a living, let's all be fair and always see the kindness in every situation.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 01:15:58 PM

Abortion should not be legalize, although to some countries it is legal, but as a human and believer in God, still we should be afraid of our creator and have some pity to the lives of babies, give them chance to see the beauty of the world, the chance to live and make a living, let's all be fair and always see the kindness in every situation.

Here is a Christian/Jewish video from the 1990s.

https://youtu.be/PyQzAgEkJ5o

As an empathetic Christian, you should be pro-choice.

Christians have turned 180 deg on the issue.  Radicalization takes time, I guess.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 01:47:04 PM

One difficulty is where do you draw the line. If it's acceptable to kill a newly fertilised egg, but unacceptable to kill a newborn baby 9 months later, then where is the cut-off point of acceptability? Is contraception then unacceptable?
I've never been sure where I stand on this, newly fertilised egg, maybe okay, newborn baby obviously not.
But then I'm a man and I'm talking about what happens in a woman's body, so am I even entitled to have an opinion? Probably not.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 03:07:23 PM

for me id say morning after pill and stuff ok in the first month. as thats not abortion as such because its still a gooey bubble of cells and a tail.

but the real cut off line is the 23 week area where the fetus becomes viable life. you know, the point where if the mother had a emergency c-section the baby would survive as it would have developed enough to live without its mother sustaining it.

however the 23 week cut off line should b for proper things like the health of the fetus looks like its disabilities wont allow it to have a rewarding life... where life itself would be an agonising punishment

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bananacue

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 09:08:07 AM

I'm a pro-life and abortion will never be good for whatever reasons. Killing will never be justified. Killing is mala in se. It is inherently bad whether or not there are laws penalizing it. Every fetus has right to live and no one has the right to take such right to him.
Some will argued, what if that child is not her choice like a product of a crime like rape. Then I will say that a child is not and will never be guilty of such. There are many options other than abortion. If someone is not comfortable seeing that child, then maybe she can always choose an adoption. Those who resort to abortion because they cannot support the child financially then why did they choose to get pregnant in the first place? Nevertheless she has the option to take the child to the orphanage, but not to deprive the child of life because everyone deserves to live.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 04:13:54 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2019, 04:24:01 PM by franky1

I'm a pro-life and abortion will never be good for whatever reasons. Killing will never be justified. Killing is mala in se. It is inherently bad whether or not there are laws penalizing it. Every fetus has right to live and no one has the right to take such right to him.
Some will argued, what if that child is not her choice like a product of a crime like rape. Then I will say that a child is not and will never be guilty of such. There are many options other than abortion. If someone is not comfortable seeing that child, then maybe she can always choose an adoption. Those who resort to abortion because they cannot support the child financially then why did they choose to get pregnant in the first place? Nevertheless she has the option to take the child to the orphanage, but not to deprive the child of life because everyone deserves to live.

^ sounds like a man with no 'see it from the womans' point of view
(im male too but i am open minded)
1. say a fetus is birthed at 20 weeks. it does not survive. OBVIOUSLY
is that then the mother commiting murder because she was unable to kep it healthy for the whole nine months? would you define that as neglect?
at what point do you see the switch from becoming biologically relient on mother to being a self sufficient entity that has life.

2. if a person raped you as a male and gave you aids. and you were told that receiving the virus is life and how you have to put up with the pain and agony and let it play out. with no intervention to stop it. would you agree or would you be asking for any possible way to remove the virus living inside you

3. for emphasis. at what point do you define life.
as being the difference between a  bunch of cells that are reliant on a body for survival. or a sentient life that is self sufficient to survive on its own.
where do you draw the line of when life is life and when something should be treated or just left to grow

4. last point. when life is not worth living where there is no sign of a good lifestyle or happiness and only a life of pain would ending that life (suicide/euphanasia) be acceptable. or just aggressively thought of as murder in all cases
eg
a doctor giving a patent the right to DNR(do not resuscitate)
a person in agony taking an overdose
a family member asking the doctor to turn off the life support when there is no sign of recovery
a doctor informing a family that the person will only know a life of pain and suffering

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: