Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:34:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [List] VanityGen Wallet Generation - threads, how to & links  (Read 1243 times)
Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:02:18 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2022, 02:12:51 AM by Timelord2067
Merited by dbshck (6), LoyceV (5), Welsh (3), ABCbits (1), franckuestein (1), th3nolo (1)

W.I.P. [List] Vanity Wallet Generation - threads, how to & links

[Downloads] | [How To's] | [Discussion Threads] | [External Links]

This is a thread to list the various vanity wallet generation threads with links on how to and downloads of various programs.

First off you'll need a really really good quantum computer PC graphics card, or the PC's CPU depending on what you want to do.

(Portions copied from samr7's thread)

How do I import the private key into bitcoin?

If you wish to spend coins received on a vanity address created by vanitygen, you must import the private key into a bitcoin client.  There are two popular methods of doing this with the standard Satoshi bitcoin client:

Use the importprivkey command.  To do this, select Help -> Debug Window, and in the window, on the bottom line, enter importprivkey <privatekey>, e.g.

Code:
importprivkey 5J4XJRyLVgzbXEgh8VNi4qovLzxRftzMd8a18KkdXv4EqAwX3tS

Jackjack's pywallet script is an all-in-one tool that directly modifies the wallet.dat file.  This works with a normal, unpatched bitcoin client, but does require Python with the bsddb package.

[Downloads] | [How To's] | [Discussion Threads (note, if it says [Archive] chances are the thread is defunct)] | [External Links]

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:27:10 AM

Reserved#1

Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:27:28 AM

Reserved #2

Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:27:42 AM

Reserved #3

Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:27:55 AM

Reserved+4

Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 07:28:09 AM

Reserved = 5

Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 07:31:22 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2019, 07:51:54 AM by Timelord2067

Have just recalled BitCoinVanityGen website - can anyone recall the URL (dot com??) - I vaguely recall they had the PrivateKeys and emailed them to a user, hence it was considered unsafe.

*edit* have added two defunct threads:

as well as how-to text and sample commands

feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 06:01:15 AM

Maybe you can add this thread VanitySearch it's just like vanitygen but it has more feature
i already made a tutorial of how to segwit vanity address on this thread [GUIDE] How To Create Vanity Address (Segwit)
Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 06:41:30 AM

Maybe you can add this thread VanitySearch it's just like vanitygen but it has more feature
i already made a tutorial of how to segwit vanity address on this thread [GUIDE] How To Create Vanity Address (Segwit)

Thanks for the links, have added four just now:

and
which I'd overlooked earlier.

Can you check the [Downloads] section to ensure I have all relevant information please?

feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 03:43:30 PM

Thanks for the links, have added four just now:

and
which I'd overlooked earlier.

Can you check the [Downloads] section to ensure I have all relevant information please?

it has correct information in that link but don't you think it will be good to just put a link to download the app under that section instead of a quote from the thread?
Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 10:48:33 PM

it has correct information in that link but don't you think it will be good to just put a link to download the app under that section instead of a quote from the thread?

That's a good point - just to explain what I'm doing I'm gathering the information and putting it on the page and anything useful I'm pulling off of the relevant page and once I think I've scoured enough information (there's a few hundred pages of posts to go through) I'll be tidying up the OP and taking down the W.I.P. (work in progress) tag.

I appreciate your feedback and don't see any reason why that can't be done.

Kudos.

Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 03:34:51 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 11:38:02 PM by Timelord2067

Have found an external site that offers to create vanity wallets - my donation address 1GaLLifreynEg6456XqDKYJYyBmyY2cJbw can't be created by them with an eight letter/digit costing one bitcoin:

https://vanity.coin.dance/#!/ Coin Dance VanityBETA

[img width=300]https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/17/blobc8f5fdb092bbfe48.jpeg[/img]

They appear to use split key so they *might* be safe (haven't tried them) they do however link to a walk-through:

How to Create Custom Bitcoin Addresses (e.g. 1Moon4Cmwi...) https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@mooncryption/how-to-create-custom-bitcoin-addresses-e-g-1moon4cmwi

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 11:28:02 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2019, 03:48:07 PM by malevolent

It's worth mentioning that VanitySearch is faster than vanitygen up to several times at finding private keys to vanity addresses:

On my Intel Core i7-4770, VanitySearch runs ~4 times faster than vanitygen64. (1.32 Mkey/s -> 5.27  MK/s)
On my  GeForce GTX 645, VanitySearch runs ~1.5 times faster than oclvanitygen. (9.26 Mkey/s -> 14.548 MK/s)

If you want to compare VanitySearch and Vanitygen result, use the -u option for searching uncompressed address.
VanitySearch may not compute a good gridsize for your GPU, so make several tries using -g options in order to find best performances.
Using compressed addresses is roughly 20% faster.

Other links of potential interest:

Vanitygen Plus:
https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus/tree/master/

edit: typo

Signature space available for rent.
Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 02:16:04 PM

It's worth mentioning that VanitySearch than vanitygen is up to several times faster at finding private keys to vanity addresses:

On my Intel Core i7-4770, VanitySearch runs ~4 times faster than vanitygen64. (1.32 Mkey/s -> 5.27  MK/s)
On my  GeForce GTX 645, VanitySearch runs ~1.5 times faster than oclvanitygen. (9.26 Mkey/s -> 14.548 MK/s)

If you want to compare VanitySearch and Vanitygen result, use the -u option for searching uncompressed address.
VanitySearch may not compute a good gridsize for your GPU, so make several tries using -g options in order to find best performances.
Using compressed addresses is roughly 20% faster.

Other links of potential interest:

Vanitygen Plus:
https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus/tree/master/

Hey thanks for the additional information - I'm looking forward to trying out the software sooner rather than later.  I vaguely recall being PM'ed about VanityGen Plus, but got bogged down with other stuff and let it slide.

WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 12:49:59 PM

This has been very helpful, thank you!
I'm going to try out VanitySearch I've been on Plus but Search seems to have really good speeds.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
/]YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16550

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 07:34:50 PM

Have just recalled BitCoinVanityGen website - can anyone recall the URL (dot com??) - I vaguely recall they had the PrivateKeys and emailed them to a user, hence it was considered unsafe.
It's heavily promoted on Beginners & Help (which doesn't show Trust ratings) by user/scammer Velkro.

I'm just leaving Pretty Addy Giveaway - part 2 here, up to you if you want to add it Smiley

I remember a very impressive idea presented by gmaxwell to improve split-key generation:
Say you have N people who each want to find a vanity tweak of their pubkeys which will roughly take M million tries to find.

You can find all N of them with just ~M million tries, instead of the N*M million tries if they were to do them themselves alone.

Here is how.  Each person has a pubkey P_i,   they all come up with uniformly random tweaks T_i.  They tweak their keys, and send these resulting public keys to the hashing server. They keep the tweak and original pubkey private.   They also send the string(s) they want to match. They stay connected.

The sever takes all the strings and compiles them into a single match expression (which can be matched in log() operations at worst, probably better).

Then the server sums all the tweaked pubkeys and grinds on it comparing the output with the omnibus matcher.

When it gets a hit  it then demands all clients except the one with the match to tell them the private keys for their tweaked keys (this reveals nothing about the original private key, since it's been tweaked).    It then sums up the tweak it found and everyone elses private keys and gives that to the lucky user.

Everyone remaining sends new tweaked pubkeys  (probably in the same message they sent their prior private keys).  They get summed and the process continues with the new basepoint.

If someone fails to send their private key, you kick them off and ban them and you lose that result because you cannot reconstruct the tweaks without everyone elses keys.

Implemented correctly this is completely secure.
(click the quote to read the full post/context)

As far as I know, this hasn't been implemented yet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 02:32:24 AM

Thanks for the info - I'll be fixing up some stuff over the next few days, hopfully it looks a little more readable then.

Financisto

Activity: 630
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 01:27:49 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2020, 01:54:30 AM by Financisto

Thank you for compiling all this useful info!

Do you know any generator of Bech32 address format?

edit: just found something here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2934774.0

That might be of your interest in order to add it to your list

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistCompilation of (open-source) BRAINWALLET projectsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Timelord2067 (OP)
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 01:49:31 AM

Thank you for compiling all this useful info!

Do you know any generator of Bech32 address format?

Thanks for the question - not off the top of my head - you can use the tried and true method of bulk creation via a paper wallet site such as this one: https://segwitaddress.org/bech32/ and generate a few thousand to find a short prefix solution.

You might want to have a look at this thread: VanitySearch (Yet another address prefix finder)

I've only used it to find prefix "3" wallet addresses.  Having said that when I import them into core, I get three wallet addresses for the price of one - a "1" and "3" and  "bc" variety wallet address.

If you find any I would appreciate it if you could please advise so I can list them here.

WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 08, 2022, 04:02:37 AM

Thanks for adding our service to your directory!
We hope that people can utilize it easily and enjoy it!

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██