Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew, I wish to present you a gift.  (Read 7298 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 11:31:01 PM

I am now regaining my login information for the domain. Once I retrieve it (and if I retrieve it), I want to present it to you as a gift in exchange for the value of you being you.

Contact me if you wish to claim this personal favor. Thanks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 12:23:30 AM

gift != favor
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 12:25:56 AM

I am now regaining my login information for the domain. Once I retrieve it (and if I retrieve it), I want to present it to you as a gift in exchange for the value of you being you.

Contact me if you wish to claim this personal favor. Thanks.

gift != favor

Serge is right, also inb4 thread locking/post editing/general crazy shitstormness.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 12:54:08 AM

Egomaniacal tirade? Check. Entanglement in a web of half-truths? Check. Contradictions even within the same sentence? Check.

Try humility some time. It's nice to have respect.
Primitive Caveman

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:18:52 AM

value. 

How many times have you used this word, and how have you still not figured out what the real definition is?
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:24:48 AM

value.  

How many times have you used this word, and how have you still not figured out what the real definition is?

I understand what your definition is. I don't agree with it nor abide by it. Applies to "favor" as well, pedants.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:30:18 AM

Egomaniacal tirade? Check. Entanglement in a web of half-truths? Check. Contradictions even within the same sentence? Check.

I have gotten pretty far by being myself. Humility is for the insecure. It is only a virtue to the weak and the enslaved. I do not obey and I do not submit. I recognize and revere the virtues and accomplishments of others while retaining my value as a human being. I am not lower than any cause, entity or person. I only act and love out of my existence. To provide value is to be of value and that I shall remain.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:32:49 AM

I have gotten pretty far by being myself. Humility is for the insecure. It is only a virtue to the weak and the enslaved.

This one is epic.  

I laughed so hard after reading this.

Cheesy

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:37:24 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2011, 03:49:23 AM by ALPHA.

1. Submitting to God and legitimate authority.

2. Recognizing virtues and talents that others possess, particularly those that surpass one's own (sounds like stockholm jealousy), and giving due honor (Since when is honor owed? I value people because I want to.) and, when required, obedience

3. Recognizing the limits of one's talents, ability, or authority (Forget authority. I rule nobody and nobody rules me); and, not reaching for what is beyond one's grasp.

Looking at religious views of humility makes me hate its current definition even more.

I stand by the idea of it as garbage. I believe every man should hold himself high and as a valuable human being -- not in shame. This to me is irrational, this idea of lowering yourself. It's bunk.

You are all capable of creating tremendous value! Do not shun it! Don't limit yourself in the name of this false virtue!

This whole philosophy is disgusting.

DURR I AM UNWORTHY. I AM WORTHLESS. YOU'RE GREATER. NO, YOU'RE GREATER. DURR HURR

Why can't we be ourselves? Why we can't all celebrate each others greatness while not degrading ourselves?
Primitive Caveman

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 05:47:23 AM

value.  

I understand what your definition is. I don't agree with it nor abide by it. Applies to "favor" as well, pedants.

If you're going to use a language, learn to use it right. This is first grade stuff here, and you still haven't caught on.

Fucking up the definitions and usage of simple words make you come across as a moron that refuses to learn anything. For all you go on about how you know nothing except of your ignorance, you sure do refuse to improve yourself.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 07:00:03 AM

I have gotten pretty far by being myself. Humility is for the insecure. It is only a virtue to the weak and the enslaved. I do not obey and I do not submit. I recognize and revere the virtues and accomplishments of others while retaining my value as a human being. I am not lower than any cause, entity or person. I only act and love out of my existence. To provide value is to be of value and that I shall remain.

Has this been translated into several different languages through Google translate before finally being translated back to English?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:22:14 AM

One time I took my value named Fido on a walk. Fido valued everywhere! I had to pull out my value and use it to scoop up the poop. Values can be really messy sometimes.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:25:00 AM

2. Recognizing virtues and talents that others possess, particularly those that surpass one's own (sounds like stockholm jealousy), and giving due honor (Since when is honor owed? I value people because I want to.) and, when required, obedience

3. Recognizing the limits of one's talents, ability, or authority (Forget authority. I rule nobody and nobody rules me); and, not reaching for what is beyond one's grasp.

Looking at religious views of humility makes me hate its current definition even more.

I stand by the idea of it as garbage. I believe every man should hold himself high and as a valuable human being -- not in shame. This to me is irrational, this idea of lowering yourself. It's bunk.

You are all capable of creating tremendous value! Do not shun it! Don't limit yourself in the name of this false virtue!

DURR I AM UNWORTHY. I AM WORTHLESS. YOU'RE GREATER. NO, YOU'RE GREATER. DURR HURR

Why can't we be ourselves? Why we can't all celebrate each others greatness while not degrading ourselves?

Because no one is perfect, and the sooner we accept this the sooner we can get a clearer understanding of how the world works.

Also Value is highly subjective and you keep treating it like an objective good or goal.

Part of holding yourself high as a valuable human being is the act of holding other humans high as valuable people too.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 09:19:16 AM

Ah, I love the raging hormone levels of the 17 year old. Unfortunately it's going to be such a "fall of the mighty" when biologically inevitably endogeneous levels will drop in 4 years. For people like Atlas who are cursed with such a strong emotional response to their hormones, this will mean a harder fall then for most. One can only hope, he'll live through it all.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 09:25:46 AM

I honestly think that Matthew should clarify whether his statement that Atlas had stolen from himself and other members of his group was just a hyperbolic reference to Atlas not having transferred this domain to him.  If it was, then that was a pretty dramatic and misleading description of events.  If the reference was to something else, then I wish Matthew would put all his cards on the table once and for all now instead of revealing stuff in episodic fashion like the writer of some badly produced, low budget soap opera.

So what did Atlas steal?  

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitconformist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

It's like seeing a piano student try to play like Rachmaninov: he hits most of the right notes but the rhythm is completely off and it all sounds stilted and broken.

Atlas, you do not sound intelligent when you write like this. Your sentences don't flow at all and most of the longer words that you use don't quite mean what you think that they do. Your grammar and syntax are "good" in that they follow grammatical rules in a mechanical sense but none of it strings together well; a copy-editor would slap the shit out of you. Worse, when you write this sort of confused paragraph on how great you are and how humility is for those who lack confidence, you merely come across as immature and/or stupid.

Oh, and saying that you're not "insecure" is just silly: you've created a dozen accounts to hide your mistakes and you've threatened suicide on these forums. If you were truly secure in who you are, you'd make a mistake and be able to learn from it and walk on with your head held high instead of hiding it poorly behind a new persona that any idiot could spot because your writing style is so obvious. If you were able and experienced enough to be that secure then you wouldn't do/say any of the things that you have been.

You're a kid, be a kid. Step away from the computer, have fun with your youth, accept that you can be a dumbfuck sometimes (because, like all 17yos, you are), and stop trying to be a pompous adult.
Primitive Caveman

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:20:11 AM

More proof that Atlas still hasn't been able to buy a thesaurus with bitcoins, he somehow has equated humility with subjugation.

Is there a literary form of selective hearing? Where he can ignore entire sentences, or just gloss over them?
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:33:15 PM

I never called anyone perfect. Also, stop giving me advice. It's worthless. I understand it completely. It's wrong.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:42:21 PM

Because no one is perfect, and the sooner we accept this the sooner we can get a clearer understanding of how the world works.

Also Value is highly subjective and you keep treating it like an objective good or goal.

Part of holding yourself high as a valuable human being is the act of holding other humans high as valuable people too.

I value imperfection and value is objective. It may not be unilateral in consensus but people do things because they value them. We exchange out of value. It is the objective good that makes the world go round. Selfish pleasure is the ultimate end.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:23:12 PM

Humility is for the insecure. It is only a virtue to the weak and the enslaved.

I agree with the sentiment, but have you given any thought that maybe you're pretty weak and insecure yourself for requiring this much attention on a daily basis and generally being a very emotional person?

I have and then I realized it's pointless. In the end, it's only a matter of perception. People can think what they wish.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: