Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew, I wish to present you a gift.  (Read 7299 times)
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:18:55 PM

Well, they did give their sub-fractions of pennies in electricity voluntarily by accepting to run any software that was on my blog. Thank you for clearing this up.

And the hundreds of dollars in bitcoins you stole from the person who won your wager when you decided you didn't want to pay?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:19:33 PM

Well, they did give their sub-fractions of pennies in electricity voluntarily by accepting to run any software that was on my blog. Thank you for clearing this up.

And the hundreds of dollars in bitcoins you stole from the person who won your wager when you decided you didn't want to pay?
No such crime occurred.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:53:00 PM

You may have noticed the defintions of humility you quoted don't mention value.

Everybody has things they are better at than the average person, while conversely, everybody has things they are worse at than the average person. People humble enough to recongnize this can exchange goods and services to their mutual benefit. If you do not recognize your limits or the ablilites of others, any exchange you enter into will likely be inefficient and sub-optimal.

To force people to accept a sub-optimal exchange involves coersion.

So people who are not humble steal?

Considering your aversion to humility and the fact that you indeed stole, the answer seems self-evident.
I swear on my life that I haven't stolen anything of value.
Theft is theft regardless of value
I couldn't care less. I haven't revoked any significant value from anybody. If there is no victim, why should I care?  I'll steal all I damn please if it doesn't cost anybody anything.

No victim, no problem.

Victimless crimes are only marks of tyranny.
Victimless? a crime has a victim by definition

You seem to be confused. Who is the victim if I walk out my back door and pop a couple rounds off into the tree trunk back there? Cause it's super-illegal...

http://gawker.com/5858759/100000-atlas-shrugged-dvds-recalled-for-perfectly-hilarious-reason

This is why I came back to this thread...
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:54:32 PM

Everybody has things they are better at than the average person, while conversely, everybody has things they are worse at than the average person. People humble enough to recongnize this can exchange goods and services to their mutual benefit. If you do not recognize your limits or the ablilites of others, any exchange you enter into will likely be inefficient and sub-optimal.

Considering your aversion to humility and the fact that you indeed stole, the answer seems self-evident.
I couldn't care less. I haven't revoked any significant value from anybody. If there is no victim, why should I care?  I'll steal all I damn please if it doesn't cost anybody anything.

No victim, no problem.

You seem to be confused. Who is the victim if I walk out my back door and pop a couple rounds off into the tree trunk back there? Cause it's super-illegal...

http://gawker.com/5858759/100000-atlas-shrugged-dvds-recalled-for-perfectly-hilarious-reason

Laws aren't morality and I don't stand under them. I do what I prefer. It's not a matter of who is going to let me do something. It's a matter of who's going to stop me. Who's going to stop me from firing weapons on my own property? Probably nobody. My neighbors are very friendly and I can do it regularly despite the local ordinances.

Anyways, my preference dictates no aggression. As long as I don't aggress against anybodies person or property, I'll have no qualms acting as I please.
RandyFolds

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 08:58:49 PM

No victim, no problem.

Laws aren't morality and I don't stand under them. I do what I prefer. It's not a matter of who is going to let me do something. It's a matter of who's going to stop me. Who's going to stop me from firing weapons on my own property? Probably nobody. My neighbors are very friendly and I can do it regularly despite the local ordinances.

You know who else does what they want...Cartman.

That's you! Did you ever see your life hitting such lows, where you were the cartman amongst a bunch of pasty computer dweebs that aren't getting laid? I mean...that's gotta suck.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 09:01:55 PM

No victim, no problem.

You know who else does what they want...Cartman.

That's you! Did you ever see your life hitting such lows, where you were the cartman amongst a bunch of pasty computer dweebs that aren't getting laid? I mean...that's gotta suck.

Heh, I love how South Park is written by two Libertarians. Anyways, Cartman is awesome. Fuck you, man.

In an online forum (South Park Studios Chat, 10 May 2001),[4] Parker and Stone responded to a participant's question:

Q: Are you two guys liberal or conservative? Me and my friends have had debates about this.
    TREY: We avoid extremes but we hate liberals more than conservatives and we hate them [conservatives].
    MATT: I hate conservatives but I really fucking hate liberals.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 09:03:24 PM

You don't get to determine what is of value to others.  Just because something may be of little material value of of no value at all to you doesn't mean that it's of no value to the person who possesses it.

And why would you steal something which is of no value to you?  The act of stealing on its own implies that you want the thing you're stealing - that it has some value to you.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 09:06:43 PM

You don't get to determine what is of value to others.  Just because something may be of little material value of of no value at all to you doesn't mean that it's of no value to the person who possesses it.

And why would you steal something which is of no value to you?  The act of stealing on its own implies that you want the thing you're stealing - that it has some value to you.
Look, you're taking my time right now. It might be small but to me that is worth over $100. I am going to have to bill you.

Anyways:

So what if it has value to me? Are you jealous, bro? You hate that I derive so much value my sub-Bitcoin fractions of a cent? Are you going to call mommy because I am having so much fun without you? Look, I'll help you out, man. I'll send you some Bit-fractions tonight. Heck, everyone can have some. There's enough for everyone! I am just awesome like that.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 09:11:56 PM

Good. Send me the BTC you still owe me while you're at it.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 09:12:59 PM

Good. Send me the BTC you still owe me while you're at it.
I don't owe you any BTC.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 10:05:13 PM

Guys..

I've never had the feeling more than I do now after reading this thread..

Atlas is maybe a clever troll..  Props..

He has responded god knows how many times on this thread alone, and they all have been complete utter ridiculousness, one more wilder and bizzare than the next, complete lack of basic human compassion, common sense and moral center. Its hilarious!

They all have gotten a furry of responses (emotion) back from each new statement of craziness from us.

Its fascinates me this person Atlas could actually be and act as he describes himself. But it MUST be an act? it HAS to be an act..

We have been trolled..  this is one big long troll..  

Cheesy

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
RandyFolds

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 10:40:36 PM

Guys..

I've never had the feeling more than I do now after reading this thread..

Atlas is maybe a clever troll..  Props..

He has responded god knows how many times on this thread alone, and they all have been complete utter ridiculousness, one more wilder and bizzare than the next, complete lack of basic human compassion, common sense and moral center. Its hilarious!

They all have gotten a furry of responses (emotion) back from each new statement of craziness from us.

Its fascinates me this person Atlas could actually be and act as he describes himself. But it MUST be an act? it HAS to be an act..

We have been trolled..  this is one big long troll..  

Cheesy

I think the same thing, but then I remember how stupid and cocksure I must have been at 17 and I start to doubt my doubts....
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 10:52:29 PM

It's a matter of semantics. I agree with the general definition of humility here and I'll leave it at that.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 10:53:27 PM

Look, you're taking my time right now. It might be small but to me that is worth over $100. I am going to have to bill you.

Good try, but can't call you reading his post him taking your time.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:03:06 PM

Good try, but can't call you reading his post him taking your time.

Especially when he could put me on ignore and not even have to take the time to scroll past my posts.  Reading my posts is absolutely voluntary as is me reading his.  Whether either of us believes it was a worthwhile use of our time after the fact is irrelevant.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitconformist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:13:47 PM

PinkiePie was a better troll. Oh, PinkiePie. Sad
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:19:15 PM

Yeah, unfortunately it's just an Atlas gimmick.  Embarrassed

The real Atlas would have screamed bloody murder and have accused me of being a scammity fraudster again for mentioning that bitcoin he owes me.
RandyFolds

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 11:33:42 PM

Yeah, unfortunately it's just an Atlas gimmick.  Embarrassed

The real Atlas would have screamed bloody murder and have accused me of being a scammity fraudster again for mentioning that bitcoin he owes me.

I don't know...maybe our little forum clown is growing up?
Primitive Caveman

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 11:29:05 AM

You know what the best part is? Atlas saying his crimes are victimless, even when he is stealing and taking advantage of others, makes him a parasite. The one thing he can't stand.

And no, Atlas, before you even begin. A parasite does not take things by force, that's predation. A parasite takes from others without providing anything to the host in return. All the "value" you provide to your victims is not reimbursement for your parasitism.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 04:56:46 PM

You know what the best part is? Atlas saying his crimes are victimless, even when he is stealing and taking advantage of others, makes him a parasite. The one thing he can't stand.

And no, Atlas, before you even begin. A parasite does not take things by force, that's predation. A parasite takes from others without providing anything to the host in return. All the "value" you provide to your victims is not reimbursement for your parasitism.
A parasite requires a victim. The host is harmed in the process. I've harmed nobody. I am not a parasite.

Your definition of parasitism is wrong.

If I am not providing the correct value in return for what I am taking, it's stealing. I have not stolen anything of value. Parasites steal. If I cost my host nothing, I am only a symbiont: I can only create value.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: