Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:53:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew, I wish to present you a gift.  (Read 7295 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2011, 04:18:44 PM

Atlas, I agree with you on your opinions of most of the "advice" the people here give you. The only advice I'll ever give you is the following

Rebel against "growing up." It's not all it's cracked up to be. Neither are the "grownups."
If you know what you want to do with your life, stop and reconsider, because you're wrong.
Have fun and put your own needs first.

Everything else I might ever say or suggest is just a personal subjective opinion. Likewise for others' "advice."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 06:41:03 PM

He that humbleth himself wishes to be exalted.

-Nietzsche

I want neither exaltation nor your definition of success. I have already achieved happiness.

I don't want people to show me the way. I don't need them to hold doors for me nor close them when I have become dependent on their guidance. I will not become a servant to another's whim. It will never be a matter of who lets me do things but only of who is going to stop me!

I'll act on my own virtues. I'll enjoy stumbling upon knowledge on my own as man has done for the majority of civilization. To me that is the most rewarding journey.

Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 06:46:41 PM

-Nietzsche

I want neither exaltation nor your definition of success. I have already achieved happiness.

I don't want people to show me the way. I don't need them to hold doors for me nor close them when I have become dependent on their guidance. I will not become a servant to another's whim. It will never be a matter of who lets me do things but only of who is going to stop me!

I'll act on my own virtues. I'll enjoy stumbling upon knowledge on my own as man has done for the majority of civilization. To me that is the most rewarding journey.

For a self made man you do beg strangers for money and labor quite a bit.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 06:49:52 PM

-Nietzsche

I don't want people to show me the way. I don't need them to hold doors for me nor close them when I have become dependent on their guidance. I will not become a servant to another's whim. It will never be a matter of who lets me do things but who is going to stop me!

Civilization has evolved. What you call 'getting back to roots', most educators would call counter-progressive.

I call them ducks. Most educators are not educators at all but merely rhetoricians in the art of provisioned self-esteem. I will not go to them for knowledge. I will accept things through my own understanding and refutation; not through another man's whims.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 06:50:21 PM

-Nietzsche

I do not beg. I exchange. I wish no man to interact with me if he has nothing to gain.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 06:58:04 PM

-Nietzsche

I think he has split-personality disorder or difficulties with jealousy possibly. How else could he attempt to get rich off an idea involving markets, development, electronics etc, and then downplay the success of others his age in doing the same thing?

What is it you want to be exactly? The next christ? A shining beacon of knowledge, truth and justice? The next unibomber? I've heard 'I'm still deciding' from you, but it doesn't take a genius to take people's conversation patterns and habitual rants and formulate a hypothesis if their intended direction. Okay, maybe it does.

I think you want to be recognized, and as someone with no skills you stick to what you know (the things you read) and the get rich quick schemes. I understand the fear of education and the anxiety, as well as the difficulties in believing you're not the center of the universe (it's classic aspergers stuff), but what I don't get is why you don't then try to be a jack of all trades?

I don't recall downplaying anybody. I would love to see direct evidence of me degrading people. Haha. I have complete admiration for Zhou. I feel nothing but happiness in regards to him. Well, some apathy considering Bitcoinica isn't generating much wealth at the moment and remains to be a zero-sum gambling operation.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:03:00 PM

I think you want to be recognized, and as someone with no skills you stick to what you know (the things you read) and the get rich quick schemes. I understand the fear of education and the anxiety, as well as the difficulties in believing you're not the center of the universe (it's classic aspergers stuff), but what I don't get is why you don't then try to be a jack of all trades?

I don't really have strong desires in regards to any of these matters. I just want to create value and sustain myself. I will be happy with whatever pleasures this brings me. There is really no end goal nor anxiety over the purported journey as a whole.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:11:00 PM

-Nietzsche

I don't want people to show me the way. I don't need them to hold doors for me nor close them when I have become dependent on their guidance. I will not become a servant to another's whim. It will never be a matter of who lets me do things but who is going to stop me!

Civilization has evolved. What you call 'getting back to roots', most educators would call counter-progressive.

I call them ducks. Most educators are not educators at all but merely rhetoricians in the art of provisioned self-esteem. I will not go to them for knowledge. I will accept things through my own understanding and refutation; not through another man's whims.

Good educators present issues and only assess a student's abilities to critically examine the issues, not their opinions on it. One thing we learn as teachers is TTT (teacher talk time). It's a style of lecture teaching and it's super easy to fall into as a teacher when you're passionate about the topic (you for example would be in TTT mode 100% of the time as a teacher no doubt), but many educators understand that STT is a better model-- it focuses on debate style learning and involving students, encouraging them to share opinions with each other, only 'teaching' how to deliver those opinions effectively, not which opinions are 'right' or 'wrong'.

I was homeschooled by an overly religious group of mental children and pressured to think the school system, government etc is all out to get me (the same way you talk). The funny thing is, despite their attempts to brainwash me, I grew up perfectly understanding the difference on my own. What's more likely Atlas, that I'm a genius, or that with commonsense any 'bad' teachers can still teach something useful?

Side-question: your teachers must be shit. I didn't go to publuc school but I can't say I've heard many good things about it.

Critical examination and the end opinion go hand-in-hand. False premises can lead to bad answers and there are bad answers in regards to unanimous human desires. Debating style is useless when you end up with a world of incomplete objectives. You will inevitably end up with a bubble of artificial reality that we see in academia today.

A world with no principles is one of only evil. In a compromise between a purported good and evil, evil will always win.

Debate is fun and all but in regards to the world we live in, I prefer sound opinions. The delivery is just flowers and pedantry.

An education shouldn't be about conformity but about giving an individual information to achieve his personal objectives.

ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:21:58 PM

-Nietzsche

Good educators present issues and only assess a student's abilities to critically examine the issues, not their opinions on it. One thing we learn as teachers is TTT (teacher talk time). It's a style of lecture teaching and it's super easy to fall into as a teacher when you're passionate about the topic (you for example would be in TTT mode 100% of the time as a teacher no doubt), but many educators understand that STT is a better model-- it focuses on debate style learning and involving students, encouraging them to share opinions with each other, only 'teaching' how to deliver those opinions effectively, not which opinions are 'right' or 'wrong'.

I was homeschooled by an overly religious group of mental children and pressured to think the school system, government etc is all out to get me (the same way you talk). The funny thing is, despite their attempts to brainwash me, I grew up perfectly understanding the difference on my own. What's more likely Atlas, that I'm a genius, or that with commonsense any 'bad' teachers can still teach something useful?

Side-question: your teachers must be shit. I didn't go to publuc school but I can't say I've heard many good things about it.

Critical examination and the end opinion go hand-in-hand. False premises can lead to bad answers and there are bad answers in regards to unanimous human desires. Debating style is useless when you end up with a world of incomplete objectives. You will inevitably end up with a bubble of artificial reality that we see in academia today.

A world with no principles is one of only evil. In a compromise between a purported good and evil, evil will always win.

Debate is fun and all but in regards to the world we live in, I prefer sound opinions. The delivery is just flowers and pedantry.

An education shouldn't be about conformity but teaching an individual to achieve his objectives.

Yeah, I guess you're right. All those faggots at Harvard are just wasting their time arguing issues in debates based on gentlemanly rules. They should just beat each other up or name call instead! Good idea!

They are and they are just burning money in general. What they achieve is the same result of name calling; a lot like one-sided arguments on Something Awful..

They should be trying to achieve objectives that create wealth and innovation in the end instead of trying to achieve prestige through pseudo-academic papers and notoriety.

Again, debate etiquette is subjective and pedantry. Your idea of humility is a pretentious one: It's all about respecting sensibilities and stroking cocks all the way to the top of a mountain of waste and corpses.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:27:48 PM

In short, I am a proud philistine in regards to the appearance to the means of education. I only care about the end. Rugged collectivism in an argument and discussion to notable ends leads to nothing but waste and destruction.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:32:17 PM

Your idea of humility is a pretentious one.

It must not be pretentious enough for you judging by your posts against humility.
Go make your friends, Matthew. I'll make what I wish and those who like it will come. Whether anybody comes or not is of no concern to me.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:49:17 PM

It must not be pretentious enough for you judging by your posts against humility.
Go make your friends, Matthew. I'll make what I wish and those who like it will come. Whether anybody comes or not is of no concern to me.
Wouldn't making things that people like be equivalent to making friends as well? Don't you like friends? Didn't you say a few million posts back that you only take advice from friends? Isn't that worse and more insecure than open debate to everyone regardless of position, affiliation, topics etc?

News flash-- making things that no one cares about is a bad way to feed yourself.
All I mean is I make things for me and people happen to like them. Everything I make isn't unilaterally dependent on the approval of others. Sometimes I will derive more pleasure by catering to the desires of others but that isn't the only means to living a pleasurable life.

Being happy with who you are and your choices is more valuable than an open debate compromisable to the most potent whim.

News flash--slavery and servitude is not preferred either.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:53:54 PM

Wouldn't making things that people like be equivalent to making friends as well? Don't you like friends? Didn't you say a few million posts back that you only take advice from friends? Isn't that worse and more insecure than open debate to everyone regardless of position, affiliation, topics etc?

News flash-- making things that no one cares about is a bad way to feed yourself.
All I mean is I make things for me and people happen to like them. Everything I make isn't unilaterally dependent on the approval of others. Sometimes I will derive more pleasure by catering to the desires of others but that isn't the only means to living a pleasurable life.

Being happy with who you are and your choices is more valuable than an open debate compromisable to the most potent whim.

See this is where all that philosophy can't protect you talking out if your ass.

What have you ever made that anyone liked? Since you don't believe in humility, I can just say it: this is where the aspergers is fucking with you Atlas.

Heh, everything I do isn't on Skype and bitcointalk.org

I bring a good amount of people value. I have little to prove and I continue to gain.

Take care of yourself, Matthew.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:58:25 PM

See this is where all that philosophy can't protect you talking out if your ass.

What have you ever made that anyone liked? Since you don't believe in humility, I can just say it: this is where the aspergers is fucking with you Atlas.

I bring a good amount of people value.

(besides cheatersnetwork telling people its okay to break the law).
You have to prove this bullshit first. I've never touched that website.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 08:06:14 PM

I bring a good amount of people value.

(besides cheatersnetwork telling people its okay to break the law).
You have to prove this bullshit first. I've never touched that website.

I'll retract since I can't prove it at the moment. Continue.

I make a lot of people happy, Matthew. I can't prove that without giving you references. That's going to be open to abuse.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2011, 09:22:01 PM

What? I was in a meeting. You still crushing on Atlas? Just confess already...
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 09:23:44 PM

*takes a long drag out of his e-cig*

Another day on Bitcointalk.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 09:50:48 PM

Wouldn't that be illegal?
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 10:05:52 PM

What? I was in a meeting. You still crushing on Atlas? Just confess already...

Matthew, are you secretly Bruce Wagner, who having fled from the US due to various legal complications, is now trying to lure Atlas, a minor, to your love nest in Bangkok?
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 10:06:24 PM

e-cigs, the clove of todays angstful youth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: