Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RHINOHORNS [CPU/GPU HYBRID] SAVE THE RHINO! LAUNCHED!  (Read 28928 times)
patriot1889

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:41:39 PM

I've used up my votes for today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rhinotakeover

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:52:20 PM

Hey guys!

We are going to take over this coin by the end of the day if there are no objections. A coin that is listed on an exchange needs some sort of active development.

We have been looking through the past posts on this thread and have seen a few good ideas such as starting a charitable fund and possibly changing the name. If we successfully take over ownership then we will make sure to put these questions to the public through polls etc.

There are a few of us and are willing to put some coins in the kitty for bounties etc. More will be revealed later, including how you can help if you wish.

The first things we will do is patch up the KGW code to fix the exploit and sort out this terribly slow retargeting.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 07:23:20 PM

what does it mean exactly taking over ?
As long as my coin doesn't disappear it is okay with me.
And if you take it over, please change that 24000block before gpu can run on it; I haven't seen a coin for ages with my 3770...

edit: it would be better if such take over was done with a normal bitcointalk username and not some noob rhinotakeover username.
(don't hide...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:42:07 PM

Just kill the coin and if you want to really have the rhinos , there are volunteers needed right now for the real "saving" not getting rich schemes.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
eddo51

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:00:03 PM

First of all, it is great that some kind of developer is here (thanks for your interest!) and this is definitely needed. The name or at least the logo (There is a suggestion in this thread) will need to be changed and we need to put some of our ROHs into the pot. The GPU and KGW fix would be really nice!
patriot1889

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:54:15 PM

Hope this isn't an inconvenience.  We will include you in the next drawing as you were above the threshold before it changed.  This change was to give free votes more of a say compared to what they had before.

The more votes the better of course, set your alarm to click every 12 hours Smiley

I don't understand. We had the most votes yet we didn't get added :/
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

Hope this isn't an inconvenience.  We will include you in the next drawing as you were above the threshold before it changed.  This change was to give free votes more of a say compared to what they had before.

The more votes the better of course, set your alarm to click every 12 hours Smiley

I don't understand. We had the most votes yet we didn't get added :/

As I said above we would add you as this weeks winner however there are currently issues from what I can tell.  Without an active developer the KGW exploit etc is not going to be fixed.  If we can get word from the developer etc that this coin is going to be continued with support we will add it.  It would be bad for us to add a coin with a known exploit and no active developer.

I'm awaiting info

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Malayko

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:01:58 AM

KGW exploit is a non issue for another 10k blocks plenty of time for those guys who are going to step up and fix it.

Other than that the only issue is slow retarget atm but that does not prevent the coin from being able to be moved around.
Maybe those guys can fix this issue as well say make it retarget every 500 blocks or something or do the KGW fix and allow KGW to kick in sooner?

I still like the CPU only aspect of it its great hopefully the new devs will keep this feature/bug in and hopefully the OP will come back and welcome the assistance.

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀
monoxide

Activity: 774

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:49:07 AM

Hey guys!

We are going to take over this coin by the end of the day if there are no objections. A coin that is listed on an exchange needs some sort of active development.

We have been looking through the past posts on this thread and have seen a few good ideas such as starting a charitable fund and possibly changing the name. If we successfully take over ownership then we will make sure to put these questions to the public through polls etc.

There are a few of us and are willing to put some coins in the kitty for bounties etc. More will be revealed later, including how you can help if you wish.

The first things we will do is patch up the KGW code to fix the exploit and sort out this terribly slow retargeting.

This sounds great!

My suggestions are:

- Keep the cpu only feature until block 24200.
- change the diff retarget to something like 5 blocks if possible and kgw after block 24200.
- rename coin. Maybe rhinocoin as talked earlier in this thread. ROC for short name.
- keep our already mined coins!

These are things that i have had in my mind.
procrypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:20:03 PM

This sounds great!

My suggestions are:

- change the diff retarget to something like 5 blocks if possible and kgw after block 24200.
- rename coin. Maybe rhinocoin as talked earlier in this thread. ROC for short name.

Sounds like a good plan.

Just kill the coin and if you want to really have the rhinos , there are volunteers needed right now for the real "saving" not getting rich schemes.

Not everyone can up sticks and move to another country to work on rhino conservation, we have jobs and responsibilities. What we can all do is donate a few CPU cycles.
rhinotakeover

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:52:29 AM

Here is the new code, a compiled qt wallet for windows and source for Linux etc;

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zw8t7sgfe1yp3v1/pSxecwP50H

We have fixed the KGW exploit and it will start 200 blocks from now (block 14750). That should solve the extremely slow re targeting we're getting at the moment.

It is still only CPU mineable in line with the original plan. We felt it was a unique element to the coin and also didn't want to change it too much from the original developers plan.

If the original dev decides that he wants to retake control that is perfectly fine by us, just let us know if you plan on doing so Smiley

Please all update your wallets to continue on with this fork. I think we can all agree that it is not going anywhere fast in its current state.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:58:28 AM

Here is the new code, a compiled qt wallet for windows and source for Linux etc;

Code:

We have fixed the KGW exploit and it will start 200 blocks from now (block 14750). That should solve the extremely slow re targeting we're getting at the moment.

It is still only CPU mineable in line with the original plan. We felt it was a unique element to the coin and also didn't want to change it too much from the original developers plan.

If the original dev decides that he wants to retake control that is perfectly fine by us, just let us know if you plan on doing so Smiley

Please all update your wallets to continue on with this fork. I think we can all agree that it is not going anywhere fast in its current state.

Source please
rhinotakeover

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:16:16 AM

The source is on the Dropbox link.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 01:24:31 AM

Hey guys!

This sounds great!

My suggestions are:

It isn't a good idea... we won't reach block 24000 before 3 or 4 months, single computer can't get a coin within a sensible time, there is no pool. the coin will be dead before it reach block 24k. (understand that we want to dump the cpu mine coin, before the gpu arrive... but three month it is still  very long)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:40:23 AM

Code:

Crashes here (Win 7 x64, AMD FX-8350), also you forgot to include libwinpthread-1.dll. Thanks for doing this though.  Cheesy

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
notsoshifty

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:39:46 AM

The source is on the Dropbox link.

Probably a good idea to fork the original github link, put the changes in your fork, and announce the new link.
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:17:02 AM

So this will be on Crypto Altex, or is that a no?
rhinotakeover

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:03:21 AM

It isn't a good idea... we won't reach block 24000 before 3 or 4 months, single computer can't get a coin within a sensible time, there is no pool. the coin will be dead before it reach block 24k. (understand that we want to dump the cpu mine coin, before the gpu arrive... but three month it is still  very long)

Once KGW kicks in soon then it will be no problem for CPUs to mine this coin.
rhinotakeover

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:11:28 AM

So this will be on Crypto Altex, or is that a no?

I think the problem with getting it listed was KGW and the absent dev. Hopefully now that it has been solved we can be listed.
I suggest you mine before it starts to get too hard.
monoxide

Activity: 774

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:21:10 PM

Code:

Crashes here (Win 7 x64, AMD FX-8350), also you forgot to include libwinpthread-1.dll. Thanks for doing this though.  Cheesy

Same here (win 8.1, i5-4760)

And thanks to new dev!

How about the name?

I think we shouls start a new ANN thread when this takeover is fully completed.

Anyone interested of making a new logo?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: