Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RHINOHORNS [CPU/GPU HYBRID] SAVE THE RHINO! LAUNCHED!  (Read 28928 times)
Malayko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:16:17 PM

Sending your coins from the old wallet to the new one will not work as the blockchain has forked, due to the takeover.

All your coins will be safe in the old wallet.dat file which should work perfectly with the new wallet qt.

Anyone still having problems should send us a PM. We will help you fix your problems.

oh... thank you for telling this now !!!
(I guess I am out of that coin, I guess in takeover, that include other people coins)

Yep, about the same for me. Old wallet.dat doesn't work with the newest fixed qt-wallet (Still this corrupt error, old qt-wallet however working with the "corrupt" wallet.dat).
As I would understand it the forking would mean that if we get the old wallet.dat's to work in the new wallet then we should be able to recover the coins that were sent (with the old qt-wallet) after the forked block.
ninja forking, with untested new wallet is something new. Nice takeover
(was able to transfer 1 roh, but "strangely" the other 15k got lost in the fork).
rhinotakeover expert dev (who post as newbie as usual...) for me expert scammer (wow, I am the one saying it  Grin)

edit: apparently using a old back up of the wallet seems to have restored its content. (however I still get corrupt wallet, if i try to use the
new one)

You guys crack me up.... You wanted it fixed so these guys went in and turned on KGW sooner... Patched KGW for the timewarp bug.. and you still bitch and moan.

Hate to tell u but you saying shit is crashing etc is not helping anybody to include yourself. Post some screen shots of the errors, This was a hard fork all that had to be done is replace old qt file with the new one and it woulda been fine.

I have done this across 8 machines just to try and get some indication of any problems and they all work just fine.

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 05:24:13 PM

Ha, you make me laugh. Expert scammer? We haven't taken any coins. Once you get the old wallet.dat to work in the new QT all your coins will still be there, because of the forked blockchain.

A new idea has just popped into my head.
With the old wallet-qt go into
Help > Debug Window > Console

and type "dumpprivkey WALLETADDRESS"
with WALLETADDRESS being your rhino address

Now, copy that key.

If you have a passphrase on the wallet you must type this first;
"walletpassphrase PASSPHRASE 600"

Then, load up the new wallet qt, go to the console and type
"importprivkey PRIVATEKEY"

This should work perfectly fine.
did that, nothing happen (the command was aknowledge) but nothing happened

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
rhinotakeover

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:26:15 PM

The command was acknowledged, where? You did all the steps?
Malayko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:27:46 PM

Ha, you make me laugh. Expert scammer? We haven't taken any coins. Once you get the old wallet.dat to work in the new QT all your coins will still be there, because of the forked blockchain.

Now, copy that key.

Ok now just close your wallet

To be safe this time around delete everything in your %appdata%/rhinohorn folder EXCEPT wallet.dat and your rhinohorn.conf file
and start the wallet back up with the -rescan / -salvagewallet

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 05:30:12 PM

Sending your coins from the old wallet to the new one will not work as the blockchain has forked, due to the takeover.

All your coins will be safe in the old wallet.dat file which should work perfectly with the new wallet qt.

Anyone still having problems should send us a PM. We will help you fix your problems.

oh... thank you for telling this now !!!
(I guess I am out of that coin, I guess in takeover, that include other people coins)

Yep, about the same for me. Old wallet.dat doesn't work with the newest fixed qt-wallet (Still this corrupt error, old qt-wallet however working with the "corrupt" wallet.dat).
As I would understand it the forking would mean that if we get the old wallet.dat's to work in the new wallet then we should be able to recover the coins that were sent (with the old qt-wallet) after the forked block.
ninja forking, with untested new wallet is something new. Nice takeover
(was able to transfer 1 roh, but "strangely" the other 15k got lost in the fork).
rhinotakeover expert dev (who post as newbie as usual...) for me expert scammer (wow, I am the one saying it  Grin)

edit: apparently using a old back up of the wallet seems to have restored its content. (however I still get corrupt wallet, if i try to use the
new one)

You guys crack me up.... You wanted it fixed so these guys went in and turned on KGW sooner... Patched KGW for the timewarp bug.. and you still bitch and moan.

Hate to tell u but you saying shit is crashing etc is not helping anybody to include yourself. Post some screen shots of the errors, This was a hard fork all that had to be done is replace old qt file with the new one and it woulda been fine.

what do you think we did ? (it is the 4th wallet for rhinohorn, all accepted the wallet.dat file, except this one).

I posted the exact comment with the error (wont post an image, but I can describe it to you:
a window pop up with the message "wallet.dat corrupt salvage failed" then close

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
monoxide

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:50:46 PM

I had that salvage error too, but just fixed everything by sending my coins in to new wallet/address.

quess i was lucky that my coins were saved.

And calling dev team as scammer is straigth up bullshit.

They use their time and skills to keep this coin alive. no one should call em that, especially when most of us (including myself) didn't know nothing but that there was something that needed to do for this coin to save it and we didn't know how.

So to the dev team: i apologize on behalf of my fellow forum member for all those accusations.

Hope you still want to carry on with this coin.

Thanks.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 05:59:06 PM

The command was acknowledged, where? You did all the steps?
in the debug windows.
I did all the step, but it didn't work (it found a block mined yesterday, I never saw before...)

djm34 facebook page
rhinotakeover

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:19:49 PM

Oh, yes. Of course. It slipped my mind that all mined coins are sent to separate addresses in the wallet.dat So getting the privatekey for the main wallet address won't actually move the coins. Ha, my bad. If you can reply to my private message we can try and fix your problem.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:50:40 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 08:23:13 PM by djm34

Oh, yes. Of course. It slipped my mind that all mined coins are sent to separate addresses in the wallet.dat So getting the privatekey for the main wallet address won't actually move the coins. Ha, my bad. If you can reply to my private message we can try and fix your problem.
That's what I was thinking too...

edit: I finally solved the problem.
To explain shortly: I, by mistake, imported the privatekey of a receive address (since the account didn't really have an address since it was used only for solo mining).
Then I ended with this address in both the old and new wallet (which were using the same blockchain on the same computer)
So I sent to that address the coins on my old account (which showed up on the old wallet as a 0 ROH transfer to myself)
I went back to the new wallet (having also that address) and after a little while these coins appeared in the new wallet...

djm34 facebook page
monoxide

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

That's what I was thinking too...

edit: I finally solved the problem.
To explain shortly: I, by mistake, imported the privatekey of a receive address (since the account didn't really have an address since it was used only for solo mining).
Then I ended with this address in both the old and new wallet (which were using the same blockchain on the same computer)
So I sent to that address the coins on my old account (which showed up on the old wallet as a 0 ROH transfer to myself)
I went back to the new wallet (having also that address) and after a little while these coins appeared in the new wallet...

I'm glad you got that fixed.

So is anyone still having problems?
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:33:18 PM

i couldn't get the old wallet.dat to work with the new qt. i tried sending 1 ROH from old wallet/qt to new wallet/qt. it worked immediately. i then sent 9999 ROH. it has been 4 hours and they have not arrived.
chiznitz

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 01:19:47 AM

as promised, ROH is now available for trade @ www.cryptoaltex.com

If you need help please enter a ticket @ https://cryptoaltex.freshdesk.com

You can also visit us on irc.freenode.net #cryptoaltex

https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=BTC&coin=ROH

https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=LTC&coin=ROH

https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=DGC&coin=ROH

Happy trading!

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:13:37 AM

Good news, thanks!
kraftcheesy

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:21:41 PM

I don't think the wallet problem is due to KGW.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the problems everyone is having.

I don't really know what else to suggest. Are you moving the wallet.dat from a different operating system?
I would quite happily try your wallet file on my QT and see if it works, then send the coins to another address for you?
Obviously, this is not ideal because you would have to trust me with your wallet file, but the offer is there.

Here is another node;
addnode=54.186.150.238

...I just overwrote my old rhinowallet file and now it won't open.  Is there a downloadable V0.3 wallet I can actually download for Windows?

I found this from my computer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3a37euoto9frkv/Rhinohorn-WindowsWallet.zip

Hope it works.

I tried that old wallet and it got stuck on block 14782 while the nw wallet syncs just fine.

Also here are all the nodes i have in my new rhinohorns.conf:

addnode=199.127.226.163
addnode=220.239.233.14
addnode=132.199.72.221:6999
addnode=67.11.25.199:6999
addnode=67.11.25.199:6999
addnode=90.57.167.142:6999
addnode=54.186.150.238

Also, i noticed that old client roaming dir was named rhinohorn when the new is named rhinohorns

I don't know if it matters or is correct, but everyone who have problems with syncin should try to rename .conf file with or without s as the last letter.

Thank you .   That worked.  Now I just need to get my coins transferred to the new wallet.
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:59:32 PM

Now, copy that key.

with PRIVATKEY being the key you copied.

10x Worked with me.... but it is normal the new wallet stuck to block 15752 ??
monoxide

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:04:48 PM

Now, copy that key.

with PRIVATKEY being the key you copied.

10x Worked with me.... but it is normal the new wallet stuck to block 15752 ??

I don't think it's stuck.. just slow blocks right now..
kondiomir
Legendary

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:09:57 PM

But still is "0 hours behind"   Huh

EDIT:
I see, the block is moved to the next.  So  0 hours behind is normal.. I think.. Cheesy
monoxide

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:38:20 PM

But still is "0 hours behind"   Huh

EDIT:
I see, the block is moved to the next.  So  0 hours behind is normal.. I think.. Cheesy

Yes it's normal and also a reason why outside miners can't get connections to wallet.
kondiomir
Legendary

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:45:35 PM

So.. the real mining with GPU begins after witch block ?
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 05:46:27 PM

So.. the real mining with GPU begins after witch block ?

djm34 facebook page
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: