Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:57:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PM from admin demanding to exclude a certain user  (Read 2791 times)
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 11:27:17 AM
Merited by bones261 (2), qwk (1), morvillz7z (1)

But this is exactly the issue: "trust" and what people deem to be shady behaviour is completely subjective. One person can think anything with bitcoin in the name other than the original bitcoin is being shady and trying to mislead whereas others don't or don't care. I think people who try become escrow with no previous trade history are either pretty naive or are trying to steal others money but either way I don't trust them. Does it deserve negative feedback? Arguably, yes. Some people would disagree. Some people don't care. Account selling is another issue. Some people find the selling of bitointalk accounts extremely shady. Others don't. Others are on the fence. Selling an account isn't directly a scam but it can certainly lead to them. Should we leave negative for account sellers? Some people think so and other don't. Even more probably don't care. People get into petty spats here for a multitude of reasons and others are quick to try dig up dirt and blow things out of proportion to try get their comeuppance and they sometimes use the feedback system to do that and the cycle continues. This update does help to curb that but it's also going to make life easier for a lot of scammers, but as I've always said you're never going to be able to please everyone with any feedback system whatever you do.

Trust is extremely subjective. There are a number of people on this forum that I don't trust but have refrained from expressing that opinion because I don't think they are a threat to peoples funds.

We made an attempt to get some agreement about acceptable and unacceptable behavior but the consequences were not really discussed.

In the absence of guidelines or rules it is also hard to draw a clear line between good and evil. The scam tags under the old system sat between mediocre behavior and slightly scammy to proven scammer

I feel the new flag system has moved the scam tags exclusively to those proven to be total scammers.

It wasn't without damage but Lauda did spend a lot of time pursuing those that had bad intent. I felt at times that it was too harsh on some but the overall result was that a lot of dodgy stuff was being stopped.

I don't know Lauda so I don't feel I am in a position to make much of a judgement.

With the current flag system I feel a lot of scammers will now be "under the radar"

Some will be judged because they fail to pay back a single loan while others - with a criminal record - proven scammers - will now scam more freely using their multiple alt accounts.

When someone is completely exposed as a scammer they are at their weakest. Those that really need to be warned against are those that are just starting their scam and all the evidence will not yet be available.

At the early stage there will just be the warning signs - like bought accounts, fake identities and other unethical behavior.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:35:31 PM

How would you know the IP addresses of those who log in? Unless you are an alt of admin/mod. (That would be fucking nuts if quickseller was an alt of theymos)

There's an admin who in a PM to me claimed he is an alt of quickseller... after my posts started getting deleted... (which is still going on) ... then a couple of days ago quickseller in an open post made reference to my posts being deleted.  So, yeh, I can accept one of quicksellers' alts is an admin.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:43:53 PM

How would you know the IP addresses of those who log in? Unless you are an alt of admin/mod. (That would be fucking nuts if quickseller was an alt of theymos)

There's an admin who in a PM to me claimed he is an alt of quickseller... after my posts started getting deleted... (which is still going on) ... then a couple of days ago quickseller in an open post made reference to my posts being deleted.  So, yeh, I can accept one of quicksellers' alts is an admin.

Grin username of the admin?

Where is my pop-corn?

Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 04:47:15 PM

Satoshi  Wink

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:49:51 PM

Satoshi  Wink

satoshi is not an admin anymore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 04:51:59 PM

I know, but I just happened to wake up hella punny today.

But saying that "some user" has done something, and keeping the secrecy by not saying who that user is, is kind of pointless. If you want to expose something do it all at once, or don't do it at all

Ps: username of the admin could be admin yes, I've seen that account has been inactive for 10 years

xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:31:09 AM
Merited by hilariousandco (1)

There's an admin who in a PM to me claimed he is an alt of quickseller... after my posts started getting deleted... (which is still going on) ... then a couple of days ago quickseller in an open post made reference to my posts being deleted.  So, yeh, I can accept one of quicksellers' alts is an admin.

I'd put a wager on it that Quickseller doesn't have an admin alt.

Your posts get deleted because you have a habit of multi-posting and duplicate posting which is against the rules.

32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

I think I know who the admin global moderator is that sarcastically trolled you by saying he is an alt of Quickseller. A synonym for funny.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Oyarebu

Activity: 258
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:28:42 AM

Rather been Hushed, you can possibly post here the PM for verification if you don't mind because, this seem unfair to quickseller reputation.

bc1q09t7xlllkfalkypqvca36qzczd6vlhctnpwj9u
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: