Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:27:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥[ANN][DISC]Diskcoin|open source|CPOC|Hardisk mining|No ICO|No premine  (Read 6714 times)
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 09:53:49 AM

Hi "DiskCoin",

I was very interested when i first saw the chance of a "NEW" hdd mineable coin. I love POC coins.....
but

Seems like a copy of BTCHD...

1)   Why make it based on POC2 plots.....that surely means that the guys who already have 100's of TB already plotted will simply have yet another coin to mine in massive amounts, completely freezing out any newbies....i mean triple mining, seriously.
2)   What is with the only 40% reward. Why so low. Why force me to stake? What's in it for me, and you? I assume that if i am not staking, that my missing 60% goes somewhere. To you perhaps?

Not the greatest way to pre-lanch a coin.

Let's see the code, and see some transparency please.

I'm ready, sat here waiting, with my single 8TB drive.

J

Just had a quick look @ BTCHD, their current network size is "Full network capacity 1434.81 PB", so you really want to triple mine against those sats?

1.We all love the POC; 2.The POC2 mechanism is a proven mechanism, with large community base; 3.Adding the Staking mechanism is based on economic model considerations. We believe that people in the community can benefit from the Staking mechanism.; 4.Huge existing capacity is indeed a problem, we are studying the impact of this. And finally, thanks for your attention.

1) The only people who love POC2 are the ones with PB's of FREE storage, if you have to buy the drives, then there will never be an ROI (i've mined Burst (nefore it was Burst), and all its spinoffs, so have some history
2) With regards the staking, you havent answered my question...If i don't stake, but win a block, so i only get 40% reward, where does the other 60% go?

Sorry that forgot to reply to your question about Staking. The proportion of coins that need Staking is not simply fixed or decrease progressively. For the first 1800 blocks, the miner would get 40% block reward at a fixed proportion, the others will be contributed to the Diskcoin Foundation to cover project development costs, promotion costs, and as a fund to support related ecological projects. And from the block height of 1801, an algorithm named the DES(the Dynamic Equilibrium Staking)will be activated. The DES will automatically adjust the staking percentage according to the difficulty of mining, the amount of produced Diskcoins and the percentage of Diskcoin staking to ensure the good operation of the whole system.

Please don´t call it staking, it is the same system like the mortgagesystem at BHD.

Hi "DiskCoin",

I was very interested when i first saw the chance of a "NEW" hdd mineable coin. I love POC coins.....
but

Seems like a copy of BTCHD...

1)   Why make it based on POC2 plots.....that surely means that the guys who already have 100's of TB already plotted will simply have yet another coin to mine in massive amounts, completely freezing out any newbies....i mean triple mining, seriously.
2)   What is with the only 40% reward. Why so low. Why force me to stake? What's in it for me, and you? I assume that if i am not staking, that my missing 60% goes somewhere. To you perhaps?

Not the greatest way to pre-lanch a coin.

Let's see the code, and see some transparency please.

I'm ready, sat here waiting, with my single 8TB drive.

J

Just had a quick look @ BTCHD, their current network size is "Full network capacity 1434.81 PB", so you really want to triple mine against those sats?

1.We all love the POC; 2.The POC2 mechanism is a proven mechanism, with large community base; 3.Adding the Staking mechanism is based on economic model considerations. We believe that people in the community can benefit from the Staking mechanism.; 4.Huge existing capacity is indeed a problem, we are studying the impact of this. And finally, thanks for your attention.

1) The only people who love POC2 are the ones with PB's of FREE storage, if you have to buy the drives, then there will never be an ROI (i've mined Burst (nefore it was Burst), and all its spinoffs, so have some history
2) With regards the staking, you havent answered my question...If i don't stake, but win a block, so i only get 40% reward, where does the other 60% go?

LOL mining BHD and you will reach ROI. I have mined around 130 BHD (1 BHD = 0.1 ETH at the moment) since it started last year and this with 31TB.
Diskcoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 12:31:05 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2019, 12:42:45 PM by Diskcoin

LOL mining BHD and you will reach ROI. I have mined around 130 BHD (1 BHD = 0.1 ETH at the moment) since it started last year and this with 31TB.

If you mine Diskcoin, the revenue may be good too. Wink
Diskcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 12:41:09 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2019, 01:29:31 AM by Diskcoin

June 27, 2019, Update: The testnet of Diskcoin will be online around June 30th, by then we will open the application for testnet mining. There will be an application form. Those who are interested can fill it out. The link to form: https://forms.gle/RMDu2EHKV8pMwaC87
Villentretenmerth

Activity: 11
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 02:37:10 PM

Here's a hint as to why to keep closed source...so no one knows what sneaky things the developers are doing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/c4v1yi/important_boom_coin_scam/

Crypto is about trustless systems right? Closed source does not follow this. It is just greed. Do you want greedy developers for a coin that you spend time, money, and energy on?

BHD also says they will be having open source "soon". More like "never".

Understand your concerns. When we make sure there are no fatal security issues, we will open source at the first time. After all, we want to attract developers from the POC community to participate in this project.

"(...)we want to attract developers from the POC community(...)"

Perhaps you can start by being more transparent. As is, this looks like just another shady cash grab from some obscure Chinese "devs" with large PoC mining farms looking to get rich at the expense of some equally greedy miners legitimizing their scam - no different than BHD and Boom.
mik57

Activity: 225
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 03:28:52 PM

Hi,

I am interested !

What active coins already use POC ?

Thk u

alamanlage

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 06:07:31 PM

using PoC2 plotfiles and beeing active is BHD, Burst and Boom.

@ Villentretenmerth: BHD shouldnt be put on the same level as Boom, which has recently proven to be a scam.
Villentretenmerth

Merit: 3

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 08:51:15 PM

@ Villentretenmerth: BHD shouldnt be put on the same level as Boom, which has recently proven to be a scam.

Hahahahahahaahahahaha

We will see about that.
mik57

Activity: 225
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 06:46:20 AM

Thk u.

- BHD : Where is the official topic bitcointalk ? I din't find...

- Burst > still goog for mining ?

- Boom > dead ?

Roll Eyes
Diskcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 12:11:16 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2019, 03:16:29 AM by Diskcoin

Update:In view of the fact that many miners are interested at the testnet mining, we launched the application for testnet mining. If you want to participate in the testnet mining, you could fill in this form. The link to form: https://forms.gle/RMDu2EHKV8pMwaC87

At the same time, we also feel that the community is very concerned about the development plan of Diskcoin, so the following is the details.
The testnet will be online around June 30th.
The mainnet will be online around July 15th.
Three months after the mainnet online, Diskcoin will open source, the time is around Oct 15th.

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 02:19:33 PM

Thk u.

- BHD : Where is the official topic bitcointalk ? I din't find...

- Burst > still goog for mining ?

- Boom > dead ?

Roll Eyes

LOL not all cryptos have thread here. If it is to difficult for you to find BHD, then please go to another crypto, because it is not so easy to start mining BHD.  Cheesy

Burst is not good for mining. But you can dual mine it.
Caztiel

Activity: 773
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:16:31 AM

So Burst BHD & DISK can be mined together using same plots ?
rattle99

Activity: 518
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 08:17:20 AM

Can you explain this algorithm you speak off? For dynamically adjusting the mortgage.
alamanlage

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 12:23:13 AM

while Villentretenmerth keeps on laughing, smart people keep mining still alive BHD and exchange to Fiat in contrast to dead born Boom Wink
Diskcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:31:19 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2019, 11:47:54 AM by Diskcoin

June 30, 2019, Update: Diskcoin testnet and block explorer has been officially online on June 30th. Regarding the testnet mining, we have also received many applications and we will reply as soon as possible by email. Access method:click this link:https://testnet.diskcoin.org/ or you could visit our official website https://diskcoin.org/ and and click on "explorer" menu.
Diskcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:40:24 AM

So Burst BHD & DISK can be mined together using same plots ?

In theory, Burst, BHD and DISC can be mined with same plots. Smiley
Diskcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:46:42 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2019, 01:49:26 AM by Diskcoin

Can you explain this algorithm you speak off? For dynamically adjusting the mortgage.

In the absence of Staking, the miner can get 40% of the mining reward; if the staking is sufficient, the miner will receive nearly 100% of the mining reward. The DES ( the Dynamic Equilibrium Staking )  will automatically adjust the staking percentage according to the difficulty of mining, the amount of produced Diskcoins and the percentage of Diskcoin staking. Regarding the specific formula of the algorithm, we will post it after the mainnet online. Smiley

Digitalberry

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:58:40 AM

Hi i fill form for test net and dont get any mail ??
Diskcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 07:23:43 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2019, 12:55:04 AM by Diskcoin

Hi i fill form for test net and dont get any mail ??

We have replied the email of application, please check it. Smiley
felixbrucker2

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 08:44:16 PM

Are there plans to make the wallet/miner compatible with existing mining software? It seems to produce/validate different deadlines.
Diskcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 09:22:22 AM

Are there plans to make the wallet/miner compatible with existing mining software? It seems to produce/validate different deadlines.

We are fixing bugs and will be compatible and open source as soon as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: