Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:43:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can not believe 5 years ago you could of bought one whole bitcoin for this much!  (Read 9561 times)
ifinta

Activity: 734
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 07:30:12 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2019, 08:03:40 AM by ifinta

As I sent this amount to the Bank of MtGox - I loosed for some days the connection to MtGox. MtGox was cracked. After the trade was restarted, the bitcoin hype in 2011 was already ended. And I bought bitcoin at the start of a bear market. I buyed some coins at this price, I mined bitcoin also - only ~ 1 BTC pro days. Later I bought at 10 dollar, and in october I bought agains ~2 dollar. In 2015 I bought some IOTA's in the ICO. Old IOTA's. 1 old iota is today ~2.7 MIOTA. 1 old iota in the ICO had a price of ~109 satoshi... My analyse about IOTA ICO and ROI: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5190165.msg52654082#msg52654082

TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 09:45:00 AM

No one would have anticipated it'll grow this huge. I remember there was an early user that used BTC to buy pizza. As late as 5 years ago people were still skeptical. Of course more people know about it now after 2017 ATH so I doubt we'll ever get back to $500 without heavy manipulation.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 01:33:25 PM

No one would have anticipated it'll grow this huge. I remember there was an early user that used BTC to buy pizza. As late as 5 years ago people were still skeptical. Of course more people know about it now after 2017 ATH so I doubt we'll ever get back to $500 without heavy manipulation.
Bitcoin would probably stay at above $3,000 for the next years in the cryptocurrency market. I am the one who is also skeptical a few years back because I think that bitcoin is just a stupid idea and it is useless but after doing research and investing time to learn the basics and fundamentals of bitcoin and its technology, I was amazed and started to slowly invest in bitcoin. I am satisfied with my actions and from the results of my investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 11:01:48 PM

Indeed ! Even me It didnt crossed to my mind that bitcoin will be this huge, if only I knew I would rather buy so many of it ,but I cant since Im to young and I dont have any plans on investing, on 2017 I regret that I didnt buy and I didnt save a little amount of bitcoin before when I have it, so now I always save atleast 20% on every earning so that I will be ready for next ATH.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
EdvinZ

Merit: 260

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 06:04:42 AM

It is possible that in a few years you will say — “I can not believe that I could buy a whole Bitcoin for $8000.” But it is possible that you say — “I can not believe that I hoped that Bitcoin will grow and bought this useless asset for $8000.” Price is unpredictable. If we knew exactly the future price of this asset, then everyone here would become much richer, but it is unlikely that this will be the case.

Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 01:35:03 PM

For $651~ you could of got yourself a shiny whole bitcoin on coinbase plus their $6.66 fee.
I wouldnt of mind paying this fee on top regardless.
Even if they were asking 10% of the purchase amount at the time which is probably more by now. Wink

We are all caught on disbelief if we are looking at bitcoin's value right now but if you could have been lucky and was able to buy plenty of bitcoin way back, you would also be surprised on how rich you could have been right now. We are in lots of regrets right now since maybe we met bitcoin before but chose to ignore it but what we have now is the capability to invest on bitcoin still even when its price is very high. We should not waste this opportunity and make the most from it, forget what we missed from the past and start making an action in the present to have a better future in terms of bitcoin.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 05:16:26 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2019, 05:27:37 PM by wxa7115

Bitcoin would probably stay at above $3,000 for the next years in the cryptocurrency market. I am the one who is also skeptical a few years back because I think that bitcoin is just a stupid idea and it is useless but after doing research and investing time to learn the basics and fundamentals of bitcoin and its technology, I was amazed and started to slowly invest in bitcoin. I am satisfied with my actions and from the results of my investment.
No one should have any doubts about this, we are never going to see bitcoin going back to 3000, I really hope that people took advantage of the opportunity because bitcoin was at that price for months but the price is never going to crash that much again, in the worst case scenario I see bitcoin going back to 5000 which is still going to be an incredible price to buy it if it happens.

We're currently seeing a small drop in the price of bitcoin that should put to rest any hopes and desires that people had for the price of bitcoin to skyrocket at the end of the year, it is not going to happen, and it is likely that the negative trend will continue until the end of the year.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 05:32:54 PM

No one should have any doubts about this, we are never going to see bitcoin going back to 3000, I really hope that people took advantage of the opportunity because bitcoin was at that price for months but the price is never going to crash that much again, in the worst case scenario I see bitcoin going back to 5000 which is still going to be an incredible price to buy it if it happens.

We're currently seeing a small drop in the price of bitcoin that should put to rest any hopes and desires that people had for the price of bitcoin to skyrocket at the end of the year, it is not going to happen, and it is likely that the negative trend will continue until the end of the year.

there are mate . there are those profesional investors that have an experience on investor before on other assets  . i think they are only the ones that predicted that btc could jump verry high   .

btw  ,  you believe that btc cant go back on 3k usd ? but you believe that btc can go back on 5k usd ? i think both are only close to each other  .  about the pump expectation  , why not ?  its not bad to believe that the price can still pump  . btc can do miracles as always
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 05:51:11 PM

I don't think that there is any use in talking about the past. Those who invested back then (during 2011-12), saw their investment go up by more than 1000x. For the rest of the users (including me), we need to wait patiently for the next bull run, which may give 10x or 20x profits for us. But we are not that unlucky. Even now only around 1% of the world population uses BTC. It can still go up by a lot.
GideonGono

Activity: 2058
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2019, 02:33:35 AM

I don't think that there is any use in talking about the past. Those who invested back then (during 2011-12), saw their investment go up by more than 1000x. For the rest of the users (including me), we need to wait patiently for the next bull run, which may give 10x or 20x profits for us. But we are not that unlucky. Even now only around 1% of the world population uses BTC. It can still go up by a lot.

There has a lot of possibility to gain a large price by gaining a profit by bitcoin and also in some country they introduce bitcoin after they invest on it as for they can also get some profit.

From the beginning of bitcoin of course the price was cheap because it could increase when the demand increase. There are a lot of good ICO from the past and giving a whole bitcoin as their salary so you could also earn on this forum from past.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 09:18:49 PM

there are mate . there are those profesional investors that have an experience on investor before on other assets  . i think they are only the ones that predicted that btc could jump verry high   .

btw  ,  you believe that btc cant go back on 3k usd ? but you believe that btc can go back on 5k usd ? i think both are only close to each other  .  about the pump expectation  , why not ?  its not bad to believe that the price can still pump  . btc can do miracles as always
There is a really big difference between 3000 and 5000, in terms of percentage that is 66% and I said that 5000 is the worst-case scenario that I see for bitcoin, it is way more likely that bitcoin will only reach a price between 7000 and 6000 at the lowest.

And why I do not believe that bitcoin is going to pump at the end of the year? The answer is being given by the market right now, I never believed that a price above 9000 was sustainable, to me that was a sign of the market being manipulated and just a few days later we are very close to see a price below 8000, and even if I know that bitcoin can do miracles and move really quickly I really do not think that will happen.
kotik085

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 03:50:25 PM

Maybe someone knows, bitcoin will go down in price and I could buy bitcoin for $ 4,000, although this is unlikely. Bitcoin is good today to buy for $ 6,000 or more.
TurboRyzen

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 04:33:19 PM

A month later or so you could have bought Ethereum for something like 30 cents.
HarmonyA

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 11:26:57 PM

For $651~ you could of got yourself a shiny whole bitcoin on coinbase plus their $6.66 fee.
Even if they were asking 10% of the purchase amount at the time which is probably more by now. Wink

We can't continue to regret about the past, it's time to look into the future.  If you can't buy 1 btc now,buy a fraction.  Imagine when it get to $30,000/btc, that would make some person give up on purchasing it.
Whenever you get the information about an investment, is the right time for you.  Regret no more and take action now
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 02:38:48 AM

We can't continue to regret about the past, it's time to look into the future.  If you can't buy 1 btc now,buy a fraction.  Imagine when it get to $30,000/btc, that would make some person give up on purchasing it.
Whenever you get the information about an investment, is the right time for you.  Regret no more and take action now
Indeed you can't just bring up the past because it will just make you feel bad for not taking that opportunity but now that you know that bitcoin is a really promising coin you should invest in it, exert time and effort in studying its movement, its price along with altcoins that will be affected by its price and also watch out for altcoins out in the market where has the same potential as bitcoin so that you will not regret not buying it once thay altcoin booms.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Assface16678

Activity: 1414
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 03:02:29 AM

Indeed you can't just bring up the past because it will just make you feel bad for not taking that opportunity but now that you know that bitcoin is a really promising coin you should invest in it, exert time and effort in studying its movement, its price along with altcoins that will be affected by its price and also watch out for altcoins out in the market where has the same potential as bitcoin so that you will not regret not buying it once thay altcoin booms.

If we are trying to look back at the bitcoin, the price of the coin before is just nothing, and many people ignore it because of the price. Many people are trying to invest in this coin because they see the potential of it. After a few days, months and years, the cost of the bitcoin is slowly pumping, and no one can recognize it, so only a few people know about it. In the year 2017, this is the time when the bitcoin becomes accessible to the people because the price reaches for over twelve thousand dollars and that was so huge. Those investors who put a lot of money to buy bitcoin becomes a millionaire and change their life because of just a single coin. And good to know those people become successful in their long term investment. Even the price of the bitcoin is low still grab the opportunity to invest in those coins that has a potential that gives us a considerable amount of value in the future.

TheCoinGrabber

Merit: 302

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 03:39:18 PM

Indeed ! Even me It didnt crossed to my mind that bitcoin will be this huge, if only I knew I would rather buy so many of it ,but I cant since Im to young and I dont have any plans on investing, on 2017 I regret that I didnt buy and I didnt save a little amount of bitcoin before when I have it, so now I always save atleast 20% on every earning so that I will be ready for next ATH.

Yeah. Ideally you should keep most of your bitcoins but if you are using that for your daily needs (maybe you are getting paid in bitcoin for services), 20% savings should be good enough. You'll sell it all in one go during an ATH anyway.

I sure hope that'll remain the floor price. If it gets any lower people might get too scared and leave in droves. We're currently stuck at $7k and I'm crossing my fingers things will be better in 2020.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 10:00:17 PM

well, it has already happened, there is nothing to regret, I myself sold and bought under $ 1000 sad if you see the price now, but yes in the future I think the price will be even higher.
so you can do what you've done in the past, assuming you buy $ 7k now and a few years later the price of bitcoin is 10 times more than that, just like your picture. Grin
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 10:12:13 PM

we can never see the price dip below $700 again. not even $1k.

well, it has already happened, there is nothing to regret, I myself sold and bought under $ 1000 sad if you see the price now, but yes in the future I think the price will be even higher.
so you can do what you've done in the past, assuming you buy $ 7k now and a few years later the price of bitcoin is 10 times more than that, just like your picture. Grin

BTC got more demands even after the price depreciation i can only think of selling when the price hit more than $20k but then some of speculations reaches up to $100k, when the greed inside me wins, i might have to decide to only sell when the price goes $250K as draper speculated. but i bet i would once again regret if there will be another 3 - 5 years of bear market after the ath.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 06:08:16 AM

Those people who bought bitcoin at cheap price is really lucky because they manage to acquire bitcoin at its early stage. I think we should not regret it because there are still opportunities that we can get from bitcoin. The price of bitcoin is still deflating and its value every year is continuing to increase. Acquire bitcoins as much as we can because it will become profitable in the near future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: