Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you participate in new project (it's ICO/IEO) if it is good project but not listed in ICO rating websites?
Yes, sur if it is good project as i think this  ico rating websites provide fake rating. - 70 (76.1%)
No, even the project is good, it should be listed in one or more  ico rating websites - 22 (23.9%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you participate in new project if it is not listed in ICO rating websites?  (Read 6845 times)
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 03:08:49 PM

There are like hundreds of those ICO rating websites and only a few of them are popular or served as trustworthy, being managed by few people can be a contrast to most of the people's opinion, those websites can also be made easily and I think some even manipulate it to gain from promoting projects. Check the project deeply and understand what's the product they wanted to produce and will it be accepted by many?

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 04:55:49 PM

The ICO Rating Website is not a guarantee of the validity of an ICO project, although we may also not consider the ICO rating bad but it cannot be a reference for a good ICO, everything can be manipulated.
masterusd (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 09:53:24 AM

There are like hundreds of those ICO rating websites and only a few of them are popular or served as trustworthy, being managed by few people can be a contrast to most of the people's opinion, those websites can also be made easily and I think some even manipulate it to gain from promoting projects. Check the project deeply and understand what's the product they wanted to produce and will it be accepted by many?
I  hope if you list the name of ico rating websites that you have experience with and think it is helpful, just to help others.

With MUSD No risk any more.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5181949.0

The investors are protected.

Ferros

Activity: 89
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 07:31:22 PM

I really like icodrops. They know how to select a qualitative projects. If the ico that interests me is on their website, it is a green light for me.
My next project in which I will be participating is Eleven01 (https://icodrops.com/eleven01/).
There is a lot of talk in the russian-speaking community around this ico.
Eleven01 is becoming more popular every day. Great vision and product is also ready, very competent team.
I don't want to skip this ico, I will follow the news and suggest you do the same.
Website - https://www.eleven01.io
ANN thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5139939.0
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 08:04:54 PM

I don't trust the ICO ratin gsites that much. You see all these ICOs that are really highly rated, but only have a few people rating them. They can certainly be useful sites for getting an overview of what is available, but I personally would trust the more in-depth research that you have to do yourself. The ratings on these site I don't think are reliable.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 11:41:01 PM

No I wouldn't. Most of those ICO rating sites are paid so that doesn't help. It could also be faked to attract people to their ICO rating site. You don't know exactly what they base all their criteria as only some of it is explained. How they give  "review" with a "score" . Who are the reviewers and why should we listen to them?

I don't trust the ICO ratin gsites that much. You see all these ICOs that are really highly rated, but only have a few people rating them. They can certainly be useful sites for getting an overview of what is available, but I personally would trust the more in-depth research that you have to do yourself. The ratings on these site I don't think are reliable.

Yes, and it is personal votes. Even if you know nothing about the project people could give it a high rating because they like the pictures or something stupid.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 11:46:52 PM

No I wouldn't. Most of those ICO rating sites are paid so that doesn't help. It could also be faked to attract people to their ICO rating site. You don't know exactly what they base all their criteria as only some of it is explained. How they give  "review" with a "score" . Who are the reviewers and why should we listen to them?

Yes, and it is personal votes. Even if you know nothing about the project people could give it a high rating because they like the pictures or something stupid.

Yes, most of them are paid ones. So if a project has the money to pay those ICO rating sites, they will be listed. Otherwise, wait for your time to shine. And maybe, the higher your payment is, the higher your rating is. Don't trust those ICO rating sites. Do your own due diligence. It is better to do your own research and look for the real happenings of the project.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2019, 11:52:13 PM

I will participate and just ignore the ratings, those ratings are useless since you can pay to get a good rating and get away scamming people, these rating sites should be held accessories to the crime for giving these projects a high rating although they are obviously a scam project.

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 12:03:04 AM

rating is not proof that ico will be good or the project will be successful. in my opinion all will depend on the team working there, because it could be that the rating on the website is fake, or just sweeten it. My advice is not to focus too much on the rating on the website, see the team and how it works.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 12:08:26 AM

No, project listed on ico rating websites is not important for me because I won't trust the rating score and expert reviews, like you said that it's allow people to pay for listed and reviews, ico rating websites is only a place for me to check currently latest ico list.
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 04:39:04 AM

Nowadays there are many projects, it is not easy to judge on new project, good or not, some people think the ico rating websites may help to take your decision, others think this ICO rating websites provide fake rating due to new project can pay fees to this ICO websites and get high rating.
SO, If you find good project, is it important to you this new good project should be listed in ICO rating websites?

Appreciate your participation

of course not, because if I think the project is good and profitable for investment, then I will not care whether the project is listed on an ICO rating or not, as you say that the project can pay ICO rating to give a good rating for the project, therefore I don't really care about ICO rating, so I will continue to invest in the project if in my opinion it will give me profit even though the project is not listed on ICO rating.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 04:56:48 AM

No, you do not rely on the ratings and reviews given by ICO rating websites. They used to have the trust and credibility but now no more. They used to reflect the real and honest-to-goodness reviews of crypto projects, but now they will just give you stars and high ratings according to how much you pay them. The result and proof? Look at those who earned many stars and high ratings and how they are now. Many of them have already died.
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 04:59:10 AM

The process of listing new projects to the ICO review pages is extremely necessary. It also plays a very important part in promoting the popularity and search of partners. On the other hand, it limits risks from puppet projects and masks fraud. caution should be given to such projects. Warn it for a responsibility to the community. However, do not put blind faith in ICO review pages, consider it yourself long enough before deciding anything.
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 08:35:45 AM

Nowadays there are many projects, it is not easy to judge on new project, good or not, some people think the ico rating websites may help to take your decision, others think this ICO rating websites provide fake rating due to new project can pay fees to this ICO websites and get high rating.
SO, If you find good project, is it important to you this new good project should be listed in ICO rating websites?

I will still invest in it, because the ICO rating website is no longer needed, it is just a website where you can quickly learn about the project. But when investing in an ICO, you need to learn many things rather than some information on the ICO rating site
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 08:49:00 AM

I participated in one bounty campaign where the ICO got a very high rating but now a scam site the IOC was Restoken until now they are now pulling down the high rating and exchange it as a scam ICO because the ICO paid a huge amount to get listed, so we cannot trust this rating sites.
RockDJ

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 10:02:58 AM

Yes if I have done my due diligence on the project and found out its a good one. Most of these ICO review sites gives paid reviews and they are not a standard for measuring the success of a project. Irrespective of the fact that having it listed on ICOdrops will be more encouraging to investors but then, it doesn't guarantee success and legitimacy of a project

carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 05:06:44 PM

I always judge whether or not a project is good by doing its own research, because I have never believed in rating a website, their website rating is a paid website, and they faked the rating of the project because they were paid

goigiacmove

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 05:45:28 PM

I always judge whether or not a project is good by doing its own research, because I have never believed in rating a website, their website rating is a paid website, and they faked the rating of the project because they were paid
Most of rating sites give rates for projects based on how much payments those projects pay them. Consequently, there are significant biases on ratings of those sites. I don't believe on ratings from third-party sites, and never take those ratings into my mind. DYOR is key thing to investigate potential of projects.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:29:43 PM

No i would not participate because the rating sites have experts in their teams in many fields and i trust in they experience and fine nose.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2576
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 06:37:57 PM

Most of rating sites give rates for projects based on how much payments those projects pay them. Consequently, there are significant biases on ratings of those sites. I don't believe on ratings from third-party sites, and never take those ratings into my mind. DYOR is key thing to investigate potential of projects.
At first i think it only rumour, but since a lot of people discuss it maybe it is right that ICO rating site give their ratings depends on how project pay them and not be independent. If me since first i never see ICO rating site and sometime look from it's bounty rewards.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: