Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:38:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to buy using Bitcoin  (Read 1463 times)
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 10:11:50 AM

Sorry to say this you got scammed and you also can't void or cancel the payment once the transaction is confirmed. I'm amazed you are new on cryptos and yet you go directly buy a mining tools without checking first. Next time please check it first by googling the site like "antminerusa scam" you can easily spot it.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 10:39:25 AM

It is actually okay to use bitcoin as a mode of payment. The problem is, you transacted ona website without even reviewing it's legitimacy. You should have checked the URL when was it created, and if there are any negative feedbacks on the website before purchasing anything.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 11:20:17 AM

We all know that bitcoins trasaction is ireversable neither refundable.So you cant retrieve what you have losed but all you can do is spread news about the site and services they offer so that if one user end up wanting to use the services he can search for that feedback of yours and be warned.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 11:59:15 AM

If you purchasing the product or and Items make sure the website is legit or the seller is really legit. We know asking and researching is free and it takes only mintues to get an answer. It is safe to use bitcoin for purchasing product online the only need that you have
To doubt is the seller and make sure next timenjust review anything so you can sure that your item will be recieved and this is lesson for everyone who wants to purchase Items online just always be check or review.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 12:59:54 PM

If you purchasing the product or and Items make sure the website is legit or the seller is really legit. We know asking and researching is free and it takes only mintues to get an answer. It is safe to use bitcoin for purchasing product online the only need that you have
To doubt is the seller and make sure next timenjust review anything so you can sure that your item will be recieved and this is lesson for everyone who wants to purchase Items online just always be check or review.
It's true that you first make sure that you are paying in a legitimate site because you are just wasting time and money if you will only get scammed by a fake site. Also, there is no any chance for you to retrieve or to cancel your payment because once you send your payment it will be successful.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 01:16:31 PM

Hello:
I am new to cryptos and I must say that my first experience has been a bad one, I recently visited antminerusa.com and purchased some hardware, that was about 10 days ago, I paid using BTC, now the site is no longer available, its been down for 3 days maybe a bit more, this lead me to think this website is a scam.  Now what should I do to recover my BTC, if the purchase where made using a credit card, I would report it to my bank and they could void or cancel payment, but with BTC what should I do?, if there is nothing that I can do, then it is obvious that using cryptos is a scammers paradise because there is no protection to buyer (that I know), unless there is a way to introduce the complain in the chain in order to reverse payment.
This is the transaction id 30dc4f431ac3db1949b330ab8cd31d1bb019d4831e24cd7cd7f4215fca73073b if anyone could share some light I would appreciete it.

You can't reverse any transaction when it is done already, it is a must to check first the legitimacy of a certain website before you make your first purchase, check its review panel, search it everywhere, do your homework. Also you could see it on their website interface if they are legit or not, you just have to pay attention, don't rush things up especially when you are using crpytocurrencies as the payment method.

There is nothing you can do about your bitcoin anymore, you already sent it, the only thing that you could do is learn from it, and warn your friends about this site you have mentioned.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 01:32:43 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2019, 06:03:31 AM by Palider

Take note: when its come in bitcoin, we are anonymous, with transaction its difficult to transact and trust somebody for market.
I advice you to make more research regarding the process, have some thought, and use some legitimate source by taking look at the feedback
sadly there is no possible way to bring back your bitcoin, next time " think before you click" .
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 02:29:23 PM

Hello:
I am new to cryptos and I must say that my first experience has been a bad one, I recently visited antminerusa.com and purchased some hardware, that was about 10 days ago, I paid using BTC, now the site is no longer available, its been down for 3 days maybe a bit more, this lead me to think this website is a scam.  Now what should I do to recover my BTC, if the purchase where made using a credit card, I would report it to my bank and they could void or cancel payment, but with BTC what should I do?, if there is nothing that I can do, then it is obvious that using cryptos is a scammers paradise because there is no protection to buyer (that I know), unless there is a way to introduce the complain in the chain in order to reverse payment.
This is the transaction id 30dc4f431ac3db1949b330ab8cd31d1bb019d4831e24cd7cd7f4215fca73073b if anyone could share some light I would appreciete it.

First and foremost, you should have first gained enough knowledge about the entire crypto space before trying to make transaction. In as much that Bitcoin presents you with financial freedom, transactions made of the bitcoin blockchain network are not reversible. Due to this nature of Bitcoin, there are a lot of phishing sites scamming newbies of their bitcoin. For this transaction, there is no way you can ever retrieved your bitcoin. Next time do a little research before you login into any websites to make bitcoin transaction..
tetyulfania

Activity: 653
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 03:07:52 PM

Depend on what website do you buy is not coherence with what payment do you use bitcoin or not is not important, but you can take back if you use PayPal payment transaction.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 03:45:43 PM

Hello:

Sorry to hear your story my friend but, to be frank, your money is gone. It's too late there is nothing we can do about your money. I wish the site is online maybe we can report your case to the payment processor of the site (coinbase, bitpay, or coinpayments) maybe they can help out or prevent others from getting scammed too.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
johnmason92

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 03:47:56 PM

I firmly believe that thorough research is absolutely needed when buying with BTC as the transactions are irreversible and there is no option for refund. Having said that, I have never had issues when using BTC for online payments. You just need to be careful with determining how trustworthy a site is.
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:07:47 PM

Always safe but when you get scam website you will be not available to get back your bitcoin, but using other payment maybe you can dispute your transaction if some website have scam your business.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2196

Signature Space For Rent

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2019, 05:53:24 PM

Sorry for your bad experience and likely that was first deal with bitcoin. Bitcoin gained most popularity because its decentralized and not reversible. So sadly we are not able to help you return your funds. Dealing with bitcoin is bit risky if you don't know that who receiving it on the other end. Same as for website also, when you are going to buy something from website you should know how trustworthy that site. You have to search and review as much as possible. After sent it is not possible to do anything. So without trusted sites sending bitcoin means you are going to scam very soon. I think you already learn how to save yourself and obviously this is a good lesson for other users as well.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR RENT
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 08:48:53 PM

Always safe but when you get scam website you will be not available to get back your bitcoin, but using other payment maybe you can dispute your transaction if some website have scam your business.
Using suspicious resources, as well as various websites and online stores about which there are no reviews and certain information is missing, we endanger ourselves and our funds, regardless of what you use as a means of payment.  Fraudsters can steal from you not only cryptocurrency, but also fiat currencies, so before you do anything and buy, we need to make sure the authority of this or that resource.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 10:24:02 PM

if you want to buy using Bitcoin, between an individual person and yourself, then you should use an escrow service. An escrow service will hold your Bitcoin so that the other party can't run away with your Bitcoin without giving you the product. If you want to purchase on a website , ensure that they use a qualified program like pit pay or other that is well-known not to be a scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 12:50:21 AM

Hello:

That sort of scam happens a lot more in fiat transactions. And it's your responsibility to make sure that you're making purchases on legitimate sites. Once your bitcoin transaction goes through, there's basically no way to recover it anymore. That's one downside of crypto payments that can be negated by buyers being extra careful before clicking that send or confirm button. Don't just try to look for the product, best to have sufficient info about the seller and their platform.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 02:05:50 AM

Sad to read this kind of story that you got scam by untrusted site. It is our own responsibility not to trust easily when buying or purchasing a hardware to a non legitimate webiste. Usually it is safe to buy using bitcoin the problem is there are a lot of fraud and scam site to earn money. A must to check before buying check the feedback first of a site if it is legit or not.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 04:08:01 AM

Hello:

I can't open the site anymore, I think the site wants you to feel like a victim of a scam. Then if you were able to send Bitcoin to the address they provided, there is a high chance that you will not recover it, so there is no way for you to return it. Well, you're not exactly a credit card you can cancel but with Bitcoin not really. Sorry, we can do nothing about your problem.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2019, 07:42:46 AM

antminerusa.com has a scam allegation before. Refer to this. OP finding some legit store and verifying the store here in the forum is a thing to do especially that you are buying goods online.

It seems that the store webiste “antminerusa” does exist for years after that scam allegation.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:48:06 AM

Hello:
There are some situation that we need to become careful on using some bitcoin and buying some stuff with this kind of transaction. But we have some responsibility on this. We need to check some information before doing some transaction with the bitcoin. It must safe to used bitcoin if you surely know the transaction very well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: