Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think advisors help new projects?
Yes, known advisors give trust to the new projects and help the new project to success. - 48 (70.6%)
No, advisors have no any weight, there is no difference if the projects have advisors or no. - 20 (29.4%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think advisors help new projects?  (Read 1769 times)
spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 09:12:11 PM

Personally I do support and second the idea that the success of a project directly depends on its advisors. The fact that most new projects succeeded without having a single advisor does not mean every project will succeed without an advisor. Advisors play key roles in deciding the roadmap of a project which is very necessary to a project and shows where the project is going with its future.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 632

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 09:19:30 PM

It's depend on advisors it self, are they used for brand/marketing only? are they used to make project looks greatin first appereance?

Sure on their web, they will give position to their advisors. However we can not know what is function of advisors on a project. Are they really help project to find investor or announce project to their network? Only internal team know this issue.

I also still looking way to knwo about this
Advisors can function on both ways and it would always have that kind of pay.We cant really be sure if they do only focus out on one point or just tending to do overall works.
Im aint saying that these people arent that effective yet there are famous advisors known by the public and somewhat their current popularity and reputation does also act
some sort of initial marketing with the project but of course it do have corresponding additional pay with that talking on projects success or relevance will not vary with these people.
They can give out inputs or insights but as said there's no such weight with that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 09:45:09 PM

Yes they do, but the good ones in this case while there are different case scenarios. That is, just like there are team or developers without appropriate knowledge of the project they want to launch, same is with advisors. Also, there are cases where advisors are used to hype a project, in such cases one needs to be careful because the team might only be after profit and nothing more. Furthermore, I think the best way to judge advisors is by checking their relevant experience and connecting it with the project they wish to offer advice on, to see if it matches.

ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 09:53:52 PM

We should have a high percentage of the advisors that are not efficient and effective, cause if they did we wont be where we are with ICO and altcoins. Vitalik stopped when he noticed the implication in the longrun. Their images are just been used and they are well paid for, in some cases with the token and some in fiat/bitcoin. Some of these advisors initiate the project and put people to do the running around while they play advisor.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2019, 10:49:54 PM

Well this is an intresting topic.. I have learnt to desist from using advisors as benchmark for projects to invest in because many of this advisors have sold their conscience hence are no longer worth my fellowership. Its only the likes of Roger ver that i think attract hype to projects but at the long run this projects often fail

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 10:59:09 PM

I do think advisors help new projects, because the success of the platform will also count as their success thus giving them more prestige to be used by other projects. Also, the advisors needs to be people with great experience and if possible Influence, as it will go a long way in convincing investors to invest while giving them confidence. However, we also need to study the project to know if it worth it or not, as most advisors can be there for short term profitability.
Indeed these advisors truly help these projects but those of great experience is much necessary to the success of the project. You can have a whole board of advisors but if none is experienced in cryptocurrency, it will be very difficult for the project to succeed through such advisors. So indeed experienced advisors do help projects not just advisors.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 11:05:12 PM

I do think advisors help new projects, because the success of the platform will also count as their success thus giving them more prestige to be used by other projects. Also, the advisors needs to be people with great experience and if possible Influence, as it will go a long way in convincing investors to invest while giving them confidence. However, we also need to study the project to know if it worth it or not, as most advisors can be there for short term profitability.
Indeed these advisors truly help these projects but those of great experience is much necessary to the success of the project. You can have a whole board of advisors but if none is experienced in cryptocurrency, it will be very difficult for the project to succeed through such advisors. So indeed experienced advisors do help projects not just advisors.

Most advisors are playing as a front of a specific project. If they have good credentials, they are being paid in good amount of money. Of course, we don't know their arrangements. Some are really doing their job as advisors while there are others who are only for display to attract potential investors. I have seen countless projects that did that, and it is really not assurance for a project to be successful just by basing the advisors involved.
Mr. Art

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 11:25:25 PM

We see every day a new ICO project launch, but it is very hard to take the decision, the project may be a scam, or even this new projects  not a scam no guarantee the project will succeed, the question here do you think the advisors can help new projects to success, do you think the advisors give the new projects trust?
Note that there are many successful projects without any advisors.

The purpose of this post to help others to take a decision when invest, so do not forget to vote.

of course yes,,
moreover if the advisors is a famous guy in crypto industry my friend
in my opinion, this will help to attract the investors to the project

Shadidalam1111

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:03:42 AM

Since investors nowadays are not the same as before they dont care about who is the advisor. they are more interested on the project profitability.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 04:12:39 PM

I don't think so, advisors profile usually only shown to gain people's trust about the project.
and they doesn't really give advice to the project, so the success of new project is not depends on the advisors.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 04:22:56 PM

Projects hire advisors to promote them with their reviews. There are many advisors out there also who points in favour of the project just for the money. They don't care if they are reviewing it for someone who might turn on scam later onwards or not.

Its better to research on your own and make a decision for yoursleves. There are many out there who can fool you.
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 04:39:15 PM

I think advisors needed to help new project more grow up day by day, to give good impact, new experience to its project.
But, i have concern about advisors existence that just for method to promoting their project, hire random people with good track record or crypto enthusiast to be secret marketing.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 12:33:10 AM

It's depend on advisors it self, are they used for brand/marketing only? are they used to make project looks greatin first appereance?

Sure on their web, they will give position to their advisors. However we can not know what is function of advisors on a project. Are they really help project to find investor or announce project to their network? Only internal team know this issue.

I also still looking way to knwo about this
Advisors can function on both ways and it would always have that kind of pay.We cant really be sure if they do only focus out on one point or just tending to do overall works.
Im aint saying that these people arent that effective yet there are famous advisors known by the public and somewhat their current popularity and reputation does also act
some sort of initial marketing with the project but of course it do have corresponding additional pay with that talking on projects success or relevance will not vary with these people.
They can give out inputs or insights but as said there's no such weight with that.

Correct. Most of investor think advisor will help project to reach better market, reach their goals, or get more investor (in 2017 case), but most of advisor just paid for just a fame figure.

Now, there's ico called as azbit and have cool advisor such as roger ver. If we back to 2017 mindset, most of people will think that roger ver will make azbit as second utility for bcash, or will promote azbit to bcash community. But for now, i think roger ver only as fame figure for azbit and won't do much for azbit. However I don't said this is bad ico, this is just for study case

I also got offered as business developer for an ico one years ago, ico owner give me their profile teams. At first, i thought this project will have good market and i really like their roadmap and they also have good vision. There's an advisor who become key (ico owner said), because he has ISO certificate for aeroplane. This is awesome rights?

What happened next? When i request to ico owner to propose a help from advisor to make busines offer to aeroplane industry, this advisors become useless. I don't know is this advisor is just fake profile nor not, at the time.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2019, 12:56:02 AM

Advisors have an important role to play in the development of a project. Experienced advisors act in professional way to conduct research on the market trend, know what, how and when the product and its development must be made available to the community in order to receive the best of adoption. Anyway, there should be a team work between the advisor and the rest of the members of the team in order to deliberate on some opinions or choices made by the advisor especially when it goes wayward from the goals of the project.

omone1

Activity: 843
Merit: 52

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 06:09:59 AM

Forget advisers, what if after sales they don't act on the advise of the advisory boards? John McAfee once supported an ICO and the price fell like tsunami when it got to the exchange and I loss big. I will not be deceived by any paid professional hired as an adviser. Good team will always deliver when handling a good project even without advisory board.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 07:46:55 AM

I think there are advisers who simply receive money for posting their photos on the project website and in WP to increase the status of the project. But there are advisers who, having experience in other projects, in trade, in software development, can share this experience with a young project team that does not have this experience.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 08:21:43 AM

I think there are advisers who simply receive money for posting their photos on the project website and in WP to increase the status of the project. But there are advisers who, having experience in other projects, in trade, in software development, can share this experience with a young project team that does not have this experience.

Advisers should provide guidance to new projects in working on their projects in order to produce good products. If an advisor is only needed to boost sales of tokens, I think it's influencers and in my opinion the new project advisor must understand about the project being done
setialovers

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 09:01:17 AM

I followed a project trip since last year, and I think advisors cannot be a benchmark that projects that have the best advisers will be successful. Because I see for myself, there are still many projects without successful advisors. It all depends on how their team works, if their team is very good and experienced, I don't think advisor is needed here, but with the advisor there must be added value by the investors.

Agree, there are some projects that I know have a good advisor but in the market it is not very successful even the price drops far below the ICO price. Advisor is not everything for a new project but on the other hand the advisor can also direct a project to be successful in selling tokens
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 03:18:25 AM

I think advisors play an important role in the project advertisement. If the project is new and no one knows the team, one of the ways to attract investors is to have popular advisors.
That is entirely true. Advisors with good cryptocurrency reputation can be a source for attracting investors to the project especially when the team are not well known in the crypto space. The reputation of the advisor speaks a lot for the project because it is believed that a good advisor serves as a guide for how things should be done at certain times for the project to hit its bed rock target on the market.

JeromeL

Activity: 554

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 09:38:57 PM

Forget advisers, what if after sales they don't act on the advise of the advisory boards? John McAfee once supported an ICO and the price fell like tsunami when it got to the exchange and I loss big. I will not be deceived by any paid professional hired as an adviser. Good team will always deliver when handling a good project even without advisory board.

Some advisers are too often involved in various projects that have yielded little success to investors and, therefore, they have earned a reputation of people who may be involved in any projects including fraudulent. John McAfee is among them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: