Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:51:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Campaigns deceiving hunters by changing rules? Read this!  (Read 608 times)
Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 12:03:13 PM

This is impressive, its one of the solutions I've been praying for on this forum,by raising flags against bounty projects they will learn to adjust by force and bounty hunters will earn their respect back

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 12:12:03 PM

In case you are not aware yet, there is a trust flag system in this forum that you (bounty hunters) can use against these bounty campaigns for violations of contract. Check the quoted text below for reference.

Use-cases 2 and 3 will be handled by a new system of flags. You can create a flag using a link on a person's trust page.

A newbie-warning flag is active if there are more people supporting such a flag than opposing it. It shows a banner on topics started by the flagged user for guests and for users with less than 7 days of login time. For all users, a "#" is shown next to their trust scores.

For contractual violations only, a scammer flag can be created. This is the only thing which causes the "Warning: trade with extreme caution" warning to return. It also triggers a banner similar to the newbie-warning banner which is visible to all users. A scammer flag requires 3 more supporting users than opposing users to become active.

A new scammer flag should be created for each separate alleged incident. In the spirit of forgiveness/redemption, scammer flags expire 3 years after the incident if the contract was casual/implied, and 10 years after the incident if the contract was written. These expiration times might be administratively changed in specific cases.

Creating or supporting a scammer flag is actively affirming a set of pretty clear fact-statements. If someone knowingly supports a flag containing incorrect fact-statements, then that is crystal-clear abuse, and I will seek to have such people removed from DT ASAP. People who are habitually wrong, even not knowingly, should also be removed.

Only users in your trust network count as supporting or opposing flags. For guests, the default trust network is used.

I am not a lawyer but I think changing rules at the end of the campaign like suddenly requiring KYC before you can get your reward is an example of contract violations.

If you want to know how it looks like, check this flag created for TerraGreen

If in the future you see campaigns violating contracts, you can use the example above. Please be sure to provide the proper evidence.
Every rule change is bad and it should not take place ... KYC as for me is a donation collection of data about cryptocurrency users. Often, the data you need to provide is too dangerous ... Big give false data and what's the point?
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 12:34:25 PM

This is often a controversial matter even among bounty hunters too. But beforehand, we must read first in the general rules on the bounty thread. Is there a statement about the rights of the bounty manager to change regulations. As long as the regulation is not too burdensome, it doesn't matter. However, of course, we also have the right to fight for our rights to continue to get the appropriate reward especially if we have worked hard.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
sidkz
Copper Member

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 03:10:36 PM

yes useful information, tired already cheat as they want,
I had a case, after the end of the bounty, they closed the telegram bounty, and the general group,
and then it turned out that their token went to his blockchain, and gave a week to replace the address,
they unsubscribed in the BTT stream,
I went several times and didn’t pay attention, I immediately went to the telegram link, and there nothing works,
thus left without tokens.
triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 03:22:14 PM

very good if there is a bounty like that, but in my opinion the Terragreen case can still be forgiven because the project that does not pay the bounty is the most outrageous and when there are no bounty-like flag systems like that, this can be used as a new project that bounties don't change the rules arbitrarily it is better to be clear at the beginning even though it is quiet compared to the project it hates at the end of the campaign.
rosezionjohn (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 03:23:54 PM

I know a campaign that using the same method, my friend joined the campaign last year as a signature campaign member. And maybe you've heard about it, it called Adab.They seem suspicious to me, you can do your research on this if you want to. Like you said, they changed the rules at the end of the campaign.
I'm afraid nothing can be done on past campaigns. I created this thread for current and future campaigns and to inform hunters, who often complains, that they can do something about it if they can prove that damage has been done from campaign rule changes.

In my opinion, the manager who manages the bounty campaign has the right to change the rules of the campaign. as a bounty hunter must obey any changes made by the manager.
I hope I don't see you complain in the future.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:35:42 PM

I am not a lawyer but I think changing rules at the end of the campaign like suddenly requiring KYC before you can get your reward is an example of contract violations.
I know a campaign that using the same method, my friend joined the campaign last year as a signature campaign member. And maybe you've heard about it, it called Adab.
They seem suspicious to me, you can do your research on this if you want to. Like you said, they changed the rules at the end of the campaign.
I also joined the bouting campaign of ICO ADAB - the first Islamic cryptocurrency bank, which was completed in late March. Although they constantly wrote that the KYC check would not be required, at the end of the campaign they changed this decision and demanded that everyone pass the KYC. Most likely, they were forced to do so by the prevailing circumstances, because the verification turned out to be relatively easy and without undue tension. They have not yet paid the tokens, we are waiting, but I do not think that there will be a deception here.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:49:16 PM

Now there are frequent cases when a project initially writes one thing, and when it comes time to pay coins to bounty hunters, the project drastically changes the conditions and begins to demand something.

spydee1522

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 09:17:41 PM

I understand how most bounty hunters feel whennit comes to changing bounty rules at the end of bounty campaigns and what I do ask most bounty hunters is, do they really read bounty rules before starting it? If not, then they should start doing so because most bounty managers indicates that the bounty rules are subject to change and if it does happen that way, we should just accept because we were told before.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 11:13:00 PM

In my opinion, the manager who manages the bounty campaign has the right to change the rules of the campaign. as a bounty hunter must obey any changes made by the manager.

Great idea. How about the we change the rules in the end to say that all your work was charity and the manager doesn't have to pay you? Will you accept that and say that it was his right to do so? Managers can change the rules but only to some extent. They have their own responsibilities and you have yours.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:34:04 AM

I think it was a great idea pointing this out for those who are not aware of this, the only thing i found disturbing is when it is written that "the team reserve the right to change rules of campaign at anytime" which directly means a campaign can decide to request for kyc from hunters in mid campaign or ending of campaign because of this rules,
I don't know if anything can be done after openly stating such rules.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:39:13 AM

I think it was a great idea pointing this out for those who are not aware of this, the only thing i found disturbing is when it is written that "the team reserve the right to change rules of campaign at anytime" which directly means a campaign can decide to request for kyc from hunters in mid campaign or ending of campaign because of this rules,
yes, it is indeed unpleasant, and it sounds inclined to them not to appreciate the work of the bounty hunter. they campaigned with the rules they made and it turned out they changed it themselves. isn't that very unpleasant. even though now we all know that, and understand that.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
rosezionjohn (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:58:57 PM

That is what we are trying to address here. Hunters should still be paid for their work whether they can complete KYC or not. If companies refuse to pay in tokens, they could at least pay in eth or btc. Besides, KYC is common now and companies should have known that before they started a campaign. Why does it have to be at the end of the campaign before they consult their lawyers if KYC is required or not?
stoat

Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 05:19:48 PM

Umbrella Token has a definitely 100% no KYC bounty program and decentralised IEO running on forkdelta, follow my links for ANN and further reading.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
guydin

Merit: 103

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:52:35 PM

Great idea. How about the we change the rules in the end to say that all your work was charity and the manager doesn't have to pay you? Will you accept that and say that it was his right to do so? Managers can change the rules but only to some extent. They have their own responsibilities and you have yours.
That's the reason why we call them bounty managers, not you. Bounty manager is responsible to manage the whole bounty campaign and they are depend on the team, no way to convince each bounty hunter one by one, to be honest.

The fact is that at the moment there are no clear rules for regulating the distribution of coins and as a result, the project team can act as it wants. There are also options for reducing the cost of project management - Bounty managers can use all sorts of tricks. You need to look for campaigns with reports and a fixed number of participants, otherwise, there is simply no point in wasting time.

Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 09:33:12 PM

The fact that Bounty Managers have the right to change the rules and regulations at any time doesn't mean it's convenient for bounty hunters. Most times, that act of changing rules always makes it difficult for hunters to claim thier tokens. To me, it's an act of cheating.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 10:48:13 PM

I support the flag for the simple that they want all bounty hunters to claim their token, this practice has to be stopped from delaying bounty to doing KYC to locking the token, this practice must be stopped it's ok to change the rules but not in a way that bounty hunters will not get their token or will have a hard time claiming it.

pedpedped101

Activity: 552

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 10:52:56 PM

Since bounty participants now have such privilege and if cheating managers know about it, they will be afraid of cheating or taking any action that will cause the loss of their reputations, because all the cheated hunters will come into agreement to write against their actions.
arufox

Activity: 1081
Merit: 194

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 10:56:28 PM

I agree changing the rules is an example of contract violations. Some project say in rules, manager or team can change everything in the first thread. This is like talking twice. He say not required kyc but if he change it doesn't violate the rules, because change is also in the rules

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 11:20:28 PM

I as a bounty hunter is also confused. Sometimes the rules are suddenly changed by the manager, but before that the regulations can also be changed at any time. Here I don't blame the manager. Because the Manager also follows instructions from the project team. If the regulations changed are certainly not a problem, but what I'm confused about is the regulation for KYC. At the beginning it is not said that a bounty hunter is needed KYC, suddenly at the end of the campaign the bounty hunter must do so to claim their prize. If not many people know this, they will lose what they should get. This is what makes me sad.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: