Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful of alts you hodl  (Read 25066 times)
old fart (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Bitcoin is the future

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:40:24 PM

I was just looking at the coinmarketcap table since 2013, I was surprised in what I saw, many coins topping the charts then are now almost non-existent, we need to be careful of the kind of coins we hodl especially for long term. Most of these projects just die after the initial hype.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tranduong123
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 02:51:05 PM

I think the top altcoin on the chart has been developing for a long time, and has a solid community. So we will see less changes in the future.
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:58:19 PM

I was just looking at the coinmarketcap table since 2013, I was surprised in what I saw, many coins topping the charts then are now almost non-existent, we need to be careful of the kind of coins we hodl especially for long term. Most of these projects just die after the initial hype.
yes, crypto is coming and someone will go and disappear in the market because the competition in the crypto world is quite strict. Don't be afraid to invest long-term, if the coins you have are large volumes and clearer concepts. as a trader, he must believe in the coins he has that someday have a high value.

bluesnup

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 03:01:29 PM

That is correct before investing in any project it is wise to research them and the community. If they actually bring any value they will stay on top.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 03:26:32 PM

Can you give us some of those coins I was not there in 2013 but coins just come and go times are different the competition is very stiff and very hard, if they cannot sustain, they will eventually die if they cannot add more platforms or updates their existing model they will lose support from the community and investors.

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 03:27:27 PM

Indeed, I have to rack my brain when I tried to choose an altcoin to hold for long term investment. Altcoins market are really cruel, you don't have a little to make a decision to gain profit or to losing your money. Pump and dump frequently happened thus far, rose almost 500% and suddenly its price back to down and almost 500% again.

However, I have confident that when I choose bitcoin to save for long term investment I don't need for excessive worry. Just keep the private keys and back again if you choose an example for five years and you will be regret because you only put a little money five years ago to buy bitcoin.
Yassin

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 03:40:33 PM

really a lot of altcoins are now losing their value, but not all coins, there are still many coins that are clearly developers and road maps can still be above, so we just need to be careful when choosing coins that we can't stand..
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 03:44:30 PM

They'd be back as long as there is trading going on to them, its price will still go up when there really is a altcoin rush coming. Unfortunately this expectation will just end as an expectation. This is why most of those who just hold BTC are just as in the right track as saying BTC is what matters the most. You can reject all coins you think are losing value but stick to those on top.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

bagstreetboys

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 03:45:56 PM

Do you think it's possible for a new project without any initial source of funding (no ICO or anything like that) to make it?  Back at the start of crypto, it seems like it was possible for a project to be successful if there was a good idea to build upon since there weren't many other projects around.  These days, there are thousands of projects.  How can a newcomer get noticed?  
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 03:57:32 PM

Of course, the first thing you have to do when you invest in cryptos is to study the market and the coins you are interested

I already invested in a lot of coins, like 15 different coins at the same time, and with this thought I lost some money
Now I prefer to have 5 coins in my portfolio and only solid coins, now I feel better and gaining money

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
mendra_2009

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 04:26:39 PM

Suggestions for staying cautious when you want to choose coins? We must be more thorough and professional not to choose speculation. You are right, a lot of coins are wasted and then have no value or very far from the first ICO price. Select the top altcoin will be the perfect closing suggestion this time. Don't hesitate with the top altcoin. Thanks.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 04:48:38 PM

Even the projects which got so much of success initially faced the same situation just because of not enough support from the project team that is why we need to be careful with the project team as well while picking the project to invest.

Some coins were dumped and faded from this market so you need to act while holding a gading coin or just pick the best of the coin for very long term.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
akeda

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 04:55:10 PM

You are right that many old coins are currently dead. I also make long term investments, but the coin that I bought is the top coins. So with top-ranked coins have excellent trading volumes and will definitely continue to evolve. And we certainly don't have to worry about the condition of the coin.

sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 04:55:40 PM

In fact, some coins without development and community will lost their value in the long term, we must to be carefull with the coins we use to hold.
You're right, without it all there's no chance to see it keep alive. We must need to extremely carefull to a new launching alts, mostly they just have price for short time after that, there will be no more volume.

zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 05:01:15 PM

Yeah many coins development are ignored by the team after they got profit, we must be carefully whenever holding altcoins for long term, always up to date with the newest information from that project. Don't you hold some coin that will be delisting on market, that is sign they are no more hope to grow up.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 05:09:36 PM

Yea I did the same thing last year 2018 and I saw how bad it really is,many coins have died a painful death after creating a big hype to investors,ive been more careful since then

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 05:21:10 PM

right now it is in a good coin determination and if the coin is bad coin it will continue to down and will die because it is abandoned by people but if the coin is good the coin will go down and survive because there is a large market trading volume that will keep prices
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 05:45:38 PM

Things change, just the way it is. And of course be careful of what alts are invested in.

There is no way to know however which coins will succeed or not, but at the least folks
should invest into coins with active development teams. The coins that truly die, like fall into the bottom 500-1000 rankings, are the ones that never really had a plan or a development team to begin with.
graffix

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 06:27:13 PM

that happens all over the world. not only in the cryptocurrency field. many altcoin projects died in past time because of the bad market conditions and because of the project developers couldn't reach the people as the expected. So as investors or as token holders, we need to be more aware of the projects which we holding tokens.

Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 06:43:09 PM

This is so true, most projects have died over time probably because the team members lack good strategies or because they are reluctant to develop the project or they're satisfied with the funds gotten from that project. Let's just be very careful with the coins or tokens we hold for long term, let's also follow the projects closely for updates.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀