Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful of alts you hodl  (Read 25066 times)
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 11:25:39 AM

I was just looking at the coinmarketcap table since 2013, I was surprised in what I saw, many coins topping the charts then are now almost non-existent, we need to be careful of the kind of coins we hodl especially for long term. Most of these projects just die after the initial hype.

the basic question is simply what is the reason for keeping these ALTS.

when it comes to fast profit, the best possible time to sell must of course be caught.
when it comes to adaptation in real life, there is no good time for the sale. because then you have to hold and use them until the end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 05:25:13 PM

I was just looking at the coinmarketcap table since 2013, I was surprised in what I saw, many coins topping the charts then are now almost non-existent, we need to be careful of the kind of coins we hodl especially for long term. Most of these projects just die after the initial hype.

My friends advised me not to keep for a long time not a single coin except Bitcoin and Ethereum. Many coins come and go, the main thing is to have time to sell these coins at the maximum price. Therefore, I try to sell new coins as quickly as possible if the price of them has risen.

First, why should you listen to your friends? Learn everything about cryptocurrencies and take a decision about what to do with them further yourself. At least, even if you lose, you will not have any reason to blame buddies and quarrel with them. This is a positive moment.

The negative moment is that you need to be ready to spend really much time on all this stuff. But it is needed for sure.
cliber

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

umachit.fund

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 06:33:14 PM

Be careful if anyone intends to hold. See some considerations before that is done. If the coin is unclear or still not well known, I don't think it's the right solution at this time.
The right Ethereum altcoin is for hold...
Good luck always...

b1boy

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 11:52:44 AM

I think we shoul know what we hodl or we stay refreshed now and again on what we hold, since it is significant with the goal that we know what is happening and what's going on in our coin we hold. On the off chance that we are not refreshed, at that point there would come a period we didn't expect that some of we hold is non existent alredy in the market, or the coin is delisted. So we ought to pursue their web based life records and different destinations with the goal that we realize what's going on abou what we ho
Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 01:29:30 PM

It is best not to hold altcoin for too long. BTC and ETH are the best option for long term holdings. I saw a lot of altcoin in the top 10 from 2013-2015. and until now all of them are dead and no longer appear in coinmarket

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
Broiler78
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 01:34:24 PM

I always see the prices of altcoins that I hold, so I can be sure when I will sell and buy. the point is not to hold the altcoin for so long, because it's quite risky. unless you hold the king altcoins "ethereum".

✦✦✦✦ Refine Medium
✦✦✦✦
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ BUY TOKEN !!! Join ICO
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆
✓ ──────── Whitepaper
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Linkedin ──────── ✓
TheICE007

Activity: 646
Merit: 100

tozex.io

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 02:11:36 PM

This is very true, before investing in any coin one should be able to do a very thorough investigation and research to know more about the coin, also knowing the team behind the project is key, after your research, if you are convinced, then you buy else you ignore.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
No One

Activity: 417

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:05:55 PM

I have also noticed many of these coins which have been hyped in the beginning and vanished all of a sudden. WeAreSatoshi is one of examples of such hyped and scammed coins. Crypto market has become a good place for scammers to scam people. We all must discourage scamming.

StepChain  │  A Responsible Fitness App
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:36:20 PM

Which is one very big reason why you should never buy and hold any token or.coin because of the hype surrounding it, thankfully there is something called Stop-loss that people tend to ignore these days. It helps a lot but ensure you never keep your funds in unsecure exchanges.

dvdrewritable

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:43:20 PM

Many of those alt coins that do not work well or projects that do not come true are seen at the end of the day scam. They should be real projects and coins for many years as a top coinmarketcap and must be invested well. Should be verified and invested.

▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     I  D  Ξ  A  O  L  O  G  Y     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
SUPPORT BRIGHT IDEAS THROUGH CROWDFUNDING
Follow us on:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Youtube
carriagehoodlum

Activity: 312

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:49:29 PM

Many of those alt coins that do not work well or projects that do not come true are seen at the end of the day scam. They should be real projects and coins for many years as a top coinmarketcap and must be invested well. Should be verified and invested.
there are not many new projects that can maintain their existence on the market. the altcoin has finished trading, it may disappear from the talk of the person after one year the project is running. then the developer disappears and no one will know about it.
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744

Syntrum.com

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:50:09 PM

When I hold an altcoin for a long time, then I have to know the risk, there are many altcoins that die in 2018 and now I have seen many new altcoins, I will sell the altcoins that I hold if the price continues to fall for several reasons and will buy return if there will be signs of an increase from the altcoin that I have sold. This situation is difficult but the crypto price can change at any time

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
andra73

Activity: 430

terra-credit.com

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 04:25:28 PM

"All the glitters is not gold" which is something can be related to the altcoins as well,since the market is filled with lot of cryptos but not all those cryptos can turns a crypto currency like bitcoin so you can't make profits by holding those shit coins.
some altcoins even die shortly after they are listed on the market and raised by investors. those who can survive are those who really have future progress to be accepted by the market.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
pdutta
Copper Member

Activity: 616
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 05:38:51 PM

We must be careful with the coins use to hold for long term and always up to date with new information from the project. Many altcoins projects died in the previous time because the project developers could not reach the people as the expected.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Samuel4

Activity: 331

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 06:15:10 PM

This is a very good observation. Most altcoins are vanishing by the year. So one has to be extraordinarily careful as most developers are interested in making their profit instead of working on the project to improve the price
Marble777

Activity: 736
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 06:52:45 PM

yes of course we are all always vigilant in every investment we have made, not only investing and then waiting for prices to rise but always monitoring the coin price charts and market conditions every day, so we can know the percentage of the coins we invest, if there are no more price developments further certainly exchanging and buying with other coins.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:13:53 PM

This is not that much surprising I think because many of them didn't succeed in building a vibrant ecosystem, but that is what you need to succeed.
zombi11

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:16:57 PM

Just dont look below top 20 on market.
Rimueng tuha

Activity: 405
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:36:02 PM

Yeah, indeed we have to be careful with the coins we hold and we have to be aware of what coins we have. Other than that, if we do hold coins then every day on a regular basis or at least two days ago we must see the development of prices in the market. This aims to get the best chance. We must not lose the opportunity to get a big profit. Indeed something big is certainly balanced with a big effort so you must continue to be patient.
KuraJamban

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 07:46:24 PM

There are hundreds of new altcoins that release almost every day. People can easily make it without thinking about the use of their coins.
I suggest investing only on Altcoin who stand on top of Coinmarketcap like BNB (Binance) who can keep the value stable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: