Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My greatest crypto regret  (Read 4854 times)
confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 03:55:43 PM

My greatest crypto regret is that I have invested in some projects that turned to be a scam. Even those that were working fine and had some value. This makes me depressed about the whole future of crypto currencies in general.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndRE177

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 07:20:40 PM

My greatest crypto regret was when a friend wanted to give me 6btc in 2010 and i told him this 'you are just wasting your time with all this useless internet things' and even the guy wasnt sure if what is holding will worth it in future so the guy replied 'it costs me nothing' ,after few months i stop seeing the guy again even till date,i thinks he is not in my city anymore,what is your greatest crypto regret?

6 Bitcoins, of course, would now be useful not only to you, but to any other person in the crypto market. But just a few years ago, 6 bitcoins cost almost nothing. You understand how fast time flies and how everything changes in the crypto market. I also regret that I did not come to the crypto market in 2014 or earlier, now I could also be a wealthy person.

bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 08:05:08 PM

My greatest regret was early 2017, i have 3bitcoin and i sold at $3000 each at a low rent and not too long, the price of Bitcoin get to $18,000 plus and i was feel bad.
Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 08:34:24 PM

Like many here, I regret that I knew about cryptocurrency so late. I'm grateful to a friend who invited me to the project on Bitcointalk in 2017 year. So that's how I received my first tokens.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 08:50:01 PM

Winter 2018 gave me opportunity to jump out to USDT, but I believed that crypto will not fall down so significantly. I wish to get back and sell atleast 50% of accumulated crypto funds.

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 08:56:40 PM

@OP, are you sure you truly had such opportunity. If that is true, then I do not think you can regain from such big loss and perhaps that friend of yours might have sold it or kept it somewhere till date.
Also, what baffles me is that, I do jot know what your friend might be thinking of, that now made him to feel like dashing out 6 btc to you.
Anyway, my greatest mistake, was selling my coins before the right time. The coins were so low in price at that time, but because if my lack of patience, I sold them too early.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:41:52 PM

I regret that I was too greedy in 2017 and didn't take a profit from cryptocurrencies. And sefondly I regret that I am still holding so many altcoins instead of Bitcoin.  Cry
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 01:22:46 AM

My regrets...

1. I mined Bitcoin back in 2011. I made the decision to stop mining because the value I was mining was getting close to the cost of electricity. At the time, my mid level graphics card mined about 1 BTC every 7 days, and in 2011 the value of 1 BTC was...meh. I regret that I didn't continue mining for longer.

2. I forgot about my wallet, then, a couple of years later, as the price started rising, I sold off the entire proceeds at mtgox. I ended up with about $500 in my account. If I'd waited a few more years, I could have netted over $200,000. I couldn't have predicted the massive increase in value, but it was still stupid to sell 100% of my funds.

So yeah, as a reasonably early adopter, when it was still possible to mine Bitcoin on commodity equipment in a house... I did some dumb things.

I remember reading about a guy who went all in and bought $30k worth of GFX cards and mainboards, on credit. This was probably around 2011-2012, before ASICs were a thing. People said he was crazy.

I made the same decision as well. Back in 2013, I was also thinking about purchasing some of the mining rigs. At that time, Butterfly labs were having some attractive offers on their mining rigs. But in the end, I think I made the right decision. BFL turned out to be a scam company and at that time, the payments were accepted only in BTC. I would have lost my BTC and never got the rigs.

Secondly, I sold more than two-thirds of my coins in 2012, when the prices were in the range of $200-250 per coin. I wanted to hold on for some more time, but back then my financial situation was really bad. But still I had the option of selling my equities and dumping my BTC. Unfortunately, I chose the later and sold off a large part of my holdings.
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 01:47:37 AM

I regret that I was too greedy in 2017 and didn't take a profit from cryptocurrencies. And sefondly I regret that I am still holding so many altcoins instead of Bitcoin.  Cry
I am also one of the people like you but the thing I regret most is not selling ETH at the price of $1200. I personally missed a lot of big investment opportunities and lost a lot of money in this market but I believe the market will recover soon in 2020 and we don't need to worry too much about the market current . In my opinion you should be more patient during this time and limit panic sell because it is not good for your profits.

Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 02:04:26 AM

I am also one of the people like you but the thing I regret most is not selling ETH at the price of $1200. I personally missed a lot of big investment opportunities and lost a lot of money in this market but I believe the market will recover soon in 2020 and we don't need to worry too much about the market current . In my opinion you should be more patient during this time and limit panic sell because it is not good for your profits.
Eventually the market will recover, crypto is a different type of market, it's so unpredictable but as long as hold a solid coins which has great volume like ETH of course, that's gonna guarantee you a future profit, but then, you need to be more patient let this situation pass.

The current market might be bad especially for altcoins, but the market trends is telling us that prices usually rises in the long run and when there's a bull run things would be possible.

You only regret when you sell because you panic, but if you hold, you always have a chance.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 03:41:57 AM

We are not a fortune teller, for us to think that something like Bitcoin will worth thousands of dollars in the future, we have our own regrets until now, because there are so many coins coming in the market, but because of lack of knowledge, and insight we failed to analyze it's potential in the future and so we missed the opportunity of buying these coins.

Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 03:52:20 AM

Well everyone at some point do have regrets in cryptocurrency some are very heart wrecking when narrated but I'm glad to be here at least, to be a part of the new revolution which cryptocurrency is bringing to the world at large.
ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 05:03:48 AM

My greatest crypto regret was when a friend wanted to give me 6btc in 2010 and i told him this 'you are just wasting your time with all this useless internet things' and even the guy wasnt sure if what is holding will worth it in future so the guy replied 'it costs me nothing' ,after few months i stop seeing the guy again even till date,i thinks he is not in my city anymore,what is your greatest crypto regret?

This happens. Even I left getting some ETH immediately after the first listing. I just don't want to look into these crypto currency during those time. See what happened today..
lumira555

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 05:41:18 AM

regret that here on forum you later have reached this foolish you must now focus on the future forum and altcoins

jumiapaul
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 07:56:11 AM

My greatest regret is that I didn't register early enough in this forum, when the merit system was not as difficult as it is now, when people were getting the higher rank without much effort, now getting a merit is quite very difficult and one needs to work a whole lot more.
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 08:23:30 AM

I personally have so many regrets, my experience in this industry has been wholesome, with many ups and downs. I regret not keeping my btc and ethereum, I would have made much more profit during the 2017 bull run, but had squandered my btc on hyips which all went wrong.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 08:31:44 AM

Lol! @op i can understand what it will feel like now especially seeing the outcome of btc since 2010 till date, well mine is not taking advantage as i should in 2017, looking back now i know i did not  fully utilize the advantage of that period and it hurt, but it is what it is Grin

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 08:34:47 AM

My greatest regret is that I didn't register early enough in this forum, when the merit system was not as difficult as it is now, when people were getting the higher rank without much effort, now getting a merit is quite very difficult and one needs to work a whole lot more.

while everyone's regret was on the price  , your regret is different because its on this forum  but that should still be counted since this forum is still related to crypto  .  if your concern is the merrit , yes the new system makes it more difficult to rank up but its possible if you will only put some massive effort on your post .  many users have already rank up after the implementation of the merrit system . if they can do it , you can also do it too if you really wanted
kravas86

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 11:52:01 AM

Once a friend gave me 500 ETH for my birthday but I did not understand what it was. He told me that these coins are cheap but in the future its price may rise. I reacted to these words with skepticism and soon sold 80% of its Ethereum. In the end I missed a huge benefit that I could get if I waited one month!

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 11:59:02 AM

My greatest sad story was early sold. Although I have several stories to regret. I really didn't know that after 1 month I was going to lose 30K USD. I sold for 3K USD, only 15 days later pump to 15K USD.

Like you even I have experienced the same type of problem which I have sold my Bitcoin at the price of 7000$ and within days the price of Bitcoin crossed more than 13000$. Sometimes we cannot expect how the market situation is going to be, sudden growth makes to lose more value when we will sell them at low prices.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: