Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM ICOs, what we can do?  (Read 7311 times)
tadpole_bitfrog

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 07:45:39 AM

Hi, recently so many past-ICOs turned into a scam or a deadcoin.
Is there anything what we can do to punish them? More than 2 years ICOs are scamming us and still people are investing, is this really a world what we want to create?
Positive as no one can prevent this. The law also wants to get involved in punishing these crooks but they don't have enough evidence to track down the crooks.
I think we should really get rid of ICOs, and go to IEO or STO. Those are fairly safe investments and not subject to fraud.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 08:06:38 AM

I think this is a transition... unfortunately it has always been like this, when there is an evolutionary step, there are always some people praying on the ones that don't have the same level of knowledge. It is also people fault as they don't want to learn, they are just after the quick cash...
It would be nice to punish all those scammers, but I don't think that is possible...
Maybe people will start asking for a KYC from the team?

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 08:47:55 AM

Teach newbies.

Let them be aware with this kind of scams. I am not saying every ICO will be a scam at the end. The very least we could do is tell them how to go deeper into digging this kind of projects.
Yes there may be scams but there are also those who are doing it for a change.
If they dont want to risk that much then point them to the old ones who are already trusted. Let us say bitcoin or Ethereum.
Ghenjer

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

https://token-sale.fredenergy.org Supporter

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 08:53:38 AM

in fact I strongly agree if the scamers get a sentence commensurate with this case, but the problem is there is no legal rule regarding the abuse of crypto. I don't see strict action for scamers, instead what I see scamers is increasingly rampant in the crypto market.
airdropdude

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:07:46 AM

I think the best thing to do is not investing in ICOS but participating in IEO which the project have promised to list on the same exchange immediately after IEO. And not all IEO.
At times, its better and safer like that.
If there will be an exchange for only verified IEO only, This will be better too
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:13:21 AM

Is there anything what we can do to punish them? More than 2 years ICOs are scamming us and still people are investing, is this really a world what we want to create?

As long as there is no government regulation, I don't think we can do anything. The most maximum thing we can do is spread the mode and also the people who commit fraud but I think this is also ineffective.

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
OliviaS

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:13:51 AM

in fact I strongly agree if the scamers get a sentence commensurate with this case, but the problem is there is no legal rule regarding the abuse of crypto. I don't see strict action for scamers, instead what I see scamers is increasingly rampant in the crypto market.
I would not say that there are more scammers now than in 2017 during the period of ICO's great popularity. But scammers, this is the type of people who will always be in any field of activity. So it’s not worth building special hopes that sometime we will get rid of them
altscaner

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:25:45 AM

It is difficult to punish them, but in the case of the past 2 years, some ico did get caught by sec, I just don't know whether the developers are criminalized or not because I don't understand the law, the rest to reduce this, maybe we should stop promoting ico but in my opinion it's useless because basically ico, sto, ieo or whatever it's almost same

ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:58:18 AM

As practice shows, unfortunately, ICO participants are powerless before cheating by ICO admins. For three years I have been watching the emergence of new projects, as some of them were successful, while others turned out to be scammers, and their projects were scam. There were cases when the community tried to influence the scam team of the project, but as far as I know, all this ended simply by removing the participants from the groups and closing these groups as a result. Perhaps of course large investors were able to somehow return their funds, but I did not hear about it. I believe that it is possible to influence such projects and their admins only by creating information resources where all information about them should be indicated. It’s very good that there are people here at Bitckointalk who take fraudulent projects to the clean water.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 10:00:01 AM

There have certainly been many scams, but I tend to think that most of the projects have failed not because of bad will, but simply because of the incompetence and carelessness of those who managed them.
ICOs, for a while, were a good way to make easy money, and obviously many have tried without having the necessary foundation.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 11:32:57 AM

Well technically you can't do anything do them
The reason why i stated technically is because there's still cases where scammers can be sued and detained

But it is not that simple
Crypto investment like ICO/IEO is not govern and bound by a strict laws and regulations because every ICO/IEO are based in different countries
So yeah
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 12:03:03 PM

It is difficult to punish them, but in the case of the past 2 years, some ico did get caught by sec, I just don't know whether the developers are criminalized or not because I don't understand the law, the rest to reduce this, maybe we should stop promoting ico but in my opinion it's useless because basically ico, sto, ieo or whatever it's almost same

It is indeed difficult to ensnare scammers to be punished because they also know about legal loopholes besides the absence of regulations from the Government where the ICO takes place. Investors really need to be vigilant and therefore, in my opinion, with the changing token sales format to IEO, I think this is the newest way to invest in new projects to avoid scammers.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 12:10:19 PM

It is indeed difficult to ensnare scammers to be punished because they also know about legal loopholes besides the absence of regulations from the Government where the ICO takes place. Investors really need to be vigilant and therefore, in my opinion, with the changing token sales format to IEO, I think this is the newest way to invest in new projects to avoid scammers.
The market is completely anonymous so scammers have a lot of ways to make money from this market so I think ICO projects will be the place for them to do this. Now that investors are on their guard, many ICO projects this year have failed to gain investor interest. I personally wish there would be a legal framework for these scammers and ICO projects need to have a great censorship from everyone.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 12:56:37 PM

well, i dont know, how to say.
but , we can say it are the ERA of it.
even we punish them soo badly, another people will create a same thing with different idea.
and about investor,of course they know it , about can be victim of scam project.
but they still do it, perhaps something good happen, and their investement will explode x3 ++
about world , of course we dont want it , never.
but since everything is simple , scamming people will be a simple job to create a money too.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 02:13:24 PM

As someone who becomes a bounty hunter, of course there is nothing we can do right now if indeed the ico project that we follow ends up fraudulent and becomes a dead coin, but we can anticipate it before participating in the ico project by knowing more information about the ico before we join in.

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 02:39:44 PM

The only thing we can do about the scam ICOs is to avoid investing in them. Taking the legal route is not a viable option. A lot many users have tried filing lawsuits against the scammers, but in most cases they shift from one country to another and the legal process gets stagnated. As of now the only viable approach is to spread awareness.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 05:01:04 PM

The only thing we can do about the scam ICOs is to avoid investing in them. Taking the legal route is not a viable option. A lot many users have tried filing lawsuits against the scammers, but in most cases they shift from one country to another and the legal process gets stagnated. As of now the only viable approach is to spread awareness.

If you can recognize it quickly, but in a situation where you are unable to detect quickly that the project is scam you will end up losing your money because most scam project are going the extra mile to look legit, and as a result many new investors are unable to identify which is scam or genuine, now people have to be extremely careful.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 06:59:41 PM

I dont think we can do much about these scam projects which are stealing money from investors. Only thing at the moment can be done is that to avoid them.
With introduction of regulations(strict), situation would be better.

randa2000

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 08:32:59 PM

Simply not join ICOs as you say most of ICOs is scam, ( i say most not all).
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 10:28:37 PM

There are no scam ICOs alone, but also scam IEOs. You need do not need someone to keep telling you that ICOs are scam, until there is an intervention  perhaps from blockchain itself, government or any regulatory body. Although, I still see good IEOs on good platforms, which can be attested to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: