Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adam B Levine about NXT: "...best software out there.. .. future of bitcoin.."  (Read 3156 times)
TwinWinNerD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 10:59:58 AM

What does Adam B Levine have to say about NXT?

" I have 8 projects that I am working on. So far we have two of them on Counterparty, one of them on Mastercoin.. I want to do one on NXT, pretty much as soon as possible. They have some of the best software out there as far as I have seen. The wallet is really outstanding. It's funny, it's like looking on what a future version of bitcoin will be. But, you know, it's here now and you can see it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcFGR_VUheA&feature=share&t=15m15s

LTBcoin and the Future of Media - Q&A #1

nxtcrypto.org
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:12:17 AM

Did you watch the entire thing? He later states the distribution sucked.

I really should stop bagging out this coin considering I want to become rich from the next pump.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:18:37 AM

I really should stop bagging out this coin considering I want to become rich from the next pump.

How was the distribution done?

i remember reading up on it but am too lazy to search for the info right now.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:26:29 AM

An IPO which enriched 70 odd people with 1 billion NXT. There was no timeframe and it was abruptly finished.
Isildur23

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:57:09 AM

Do we know something about that project? He seems to keep it secret...

Ties are a prison for the soul...
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:04:04 AM

An IPO which enriched 70 odd people with 1 billion NXT. There was no timeframe and it was abruptly finished.

I think you are totally wrong in this one. Check the original BCNext thread and prove yourself.
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:48:50 PM

Yes, the pre-sale was ended abruptly without warning while someone was interested in buying and asking for clarification on the deadline to invest, from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.480 :

Can we still join in between now and January 3? I haven't really seen any clear definition of a deadline.

I'm waiting for the answer. BCNext reads this thread.

Some changes in the plan:

1. Fundraising is over. That last 1 BTC, sent after the 2nd marking transaction, will be accepted but no more deposits should be made.
2. Nxt will be launched earlier than on the 3rd of January, right after the final test.
3. New Nxt users r supposed to be attracted by selling NXT and distributing via Nxt Faucet.
4. Messaging feature will be released later to avoid situation when somebody attempts to bloat the blockchain making it too huge for newcomers.

BTW we need one more bootstrapping server, coz 2 servers is not enough.
So, if I understand this correctly:

1) the main dev (BCNext) no longer posts directly to this thread but you purport to communicate with him and speak for him about the project, something we can't confirm,
2) the deadline for contributing BTC to acquire Nxt, which was originally described as being open until the genesis block was approved by the community sometimes at least a month from now, is now suddenly declared over with no advance warning; and
3) the BTC that were already sent to acquire Nxt, which the main dev (BCNext) promised earlier in this thread not to touch until the genesis block was generated, have now been moved.

About a week later, NXT was being sold at a 4762% markup at .000001 BTC/NXT over the original average pre-sale price of 0.000000021 BTC/NXT, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345336.0;topicseen .
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:55:22 PM

geez, a topic about NXT software, and after one post, it's a thread about distribution...again  Roll Eyes

you all should check out the slickest client instead: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/ (still on TESTnet). Credit goes to wesleyh!

This will be the new reference client in a few weeks.
xcn

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:01:22 PM

https://i.imgur.com/sSz2kAq.png
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:09:17 PM

What happened to the NXT forum?.. forums.nxtcrypto.org is rather quiet; I know they lost their owner but still it's odd there isn't more.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:18:10 PM

What happened to the NXT forum?.. forums.nxtcrypto.org is rather quiet; I know they lost their owner but still it's odd there isn't more.

yeah nxtcrypto unfortunately has only few users, most went to http://www.nextcoin.org instead.
Or stayed in the megathread here  Shocked
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:29:06 PM

A 2 months IPO.

It was so long and the return on investment was so big that the people who didn't invest will be frustrated and angry for eternity.

Missing the Nxt IPO when you had 2 months to invest is like failing your life. You must feel like the worst piece of shit in the world.

I totally understand why these people are obsessed with it but the truth is that there is 2 kind on people on earth :

- the ones that live in fear, complain and find excuses for their loser-life

- the ones that take risk and seize the opportunity but get over their losses

No need to point at them, they are revealing themselves every time the word "Nxt" is pronounced.
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:38:28 PM

Hey all,
Adam here - If you think about NXT and XCP like "fundraisers" than you're missing the point.

They are not fundraisers, they are spreading-around-the-blame.   Both projects (NXT and counterparty) have anonymous developers, both of them have no mining to distribute coins as Satoshi did, and neither of them apparently needed development funds because NXT raised about $2000 worth of BTC and XCP burned 2100BTC.

So compare that to a method where they sell the tokens - Whose going to buy a new, proof of stake token from someone who won't even tell you their name?  Not many.

Compare it to a method where they give them away - They reward only people who wait for opportunities where they can get something for nothing and those people with more time than anything useful to do with it will become your first line of distribution, and will probably be happy with just about anything because there was no cost for them to acquire it.

But either raising a trivial amount of money (NXT) or simply saying "throw it in the fire and nobody will get it" (XCP) require a proof of give-a-shit and at least pretend to understand it enough to warrant throwing good money into a black hole for what might be a hoax or scam.   It's not ideal, but it's simple.

And because there is no giant pile of money, there is problem of how do you spend a giant pile of money.

As mentioned, I am building projects on all viable platforms, NXT is one of the top contenders from my analysis of the available options.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:47:14 PM

Hey all,
Adam here - If you think about NXT and XCP like "fundraisers" than you're missing the point.

They are not fundraisers, they are spreading-around-the-blame.   Both projects (NXT and counterparty) have anonymous developers, both of them have no mining to distribute coins as Satoshi did, and neither of them apparently needed development funds because NXT raised about $2000 worth of BTC and XCP burned 2100BTC.

So compare that to a method where they sell the tokens - Whose going to buy a new, proof of stake token from someone who won't even tell you their name?  Not many.

Compare it to a method where they give them away - They reward only people who wait for opportunities where they can get something for nothing and those people with more time than anything useful to do with it will become your first line of distribution, and will probably be happy with just about anything because there was no cost for them to acquire it.

But either raising a trivial amount of money (NXT) or simply saying "throw it in the fire and nobody will get it" (XCP) require a proof of give-a-shit and at least pretend to understand it enough to warrant throwing good money into a black hole for what might be a hoax or scam.   It's not ideal, but it's simple.

And because there is no giant pile of money, there is problem of how do you spend a giant pile of money.

As mentioned, I am building projects on all viable platforms, NXT is one of the top contenders from my analysis of the available options.

how much they did pay you to start pumping this crap coin?

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:34:17 PM

hmmm should have watched the you  tube clip first...... too late i just text my gf that her fav singer is quite a fan of nxt.  She's always moaning about me on the computer messing with coins, thought this could smooth it over.

mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 10:22:32 PM

You don't have to believe me, but if you watch the hour+ hangout linked in the first post I think it'll be pretty obvious I'm not in the bag for any of the protocols, and I'm trying projects on all of them because I want to find out which one is best for which use-cases.

If you're just generally not seeing the point of "user created assets" that things like NXT, MSC, and XCP allow I would really recommend reading the free, recently released book by Tim Swanson on Smart Contracts, Smart Property and what all the hype is about.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/210537698/Great-Chain-of-Numbers-a-Guide-to-Smart-Contracts-Smart-Property-and-Trustless-Asset-Management-Tim-Swanson

Good luck!

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:27:12 PM

pump pump pump  Wink

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:12:38 PM

Hey all,

how much they did pay you to start pumping this crap coin?

El Dude, I read many of your valuable post in BTT and I could say: You are an asshole.

Regards.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:25:03 PM

You don't have to believe me, but if you watch the hour+ hangout linked in the first post I think it'll be pretty obvious I'm not in the bag for any of the protocols, and I'm trying projects on all of them because I want to find out which one is best for which use-cases.

If you're just generally not seeing the point of "user created assets" that things like NXT, MSC, and XCP allow I would really recommend reading the free, recently released book by Tim Swanson on Smart Contracts, Smart Property and what all the hype is about.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/210537698/Great-Chain-of-Numbers-a-Guide-to-Smart-Contracts-Smart-Property-and-Trustless-Asset-Management-Tim-Swanson

Good luck!

i am also in all three projects (msc,xcp,nxt), what makes xcp or msc "easier" or let us say more useful, is that it is on top of btc. so people can send btc directly into the protocol, without first changing it on an exchange. second point is that the btc blockchain is proven for a few years... . for example xcp has engaged sergio lerner and peter todd for auditing, both are well known heads in the bitcoin community. nxt is trying hard to get their code audited by a third person.

anyway nxt is very promising in the longterm, but the useability is limited regarding adaption - what it needs is time
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:54:59 PM

Good luck!

i am also in all three projects (msc,xcp,nxt), what makes xcp or msc "easier" or let us say more useful, is that it is on top of btc. so people can send btc directly into the protocol, without first changing it on an exchange. second point is that the btc blockchain is proven for a few years... . for example xcp has engaged sergio lerner and peter todd for auditing, both are well known heads in the bitcoin community. nxt is trying hard to get their code audited by a third person.

anyway nxt is very promising in the longterm, but the useability is limited regarding adaption - what it needs is time
NXT failed at 1NXT fee system...
Where is point to use currency with such high fee...
Most gods is around ~20-50$ now fee 0,5$ this is in basis have fail a bit as currency.
If 1 NXT will cost 1000$ who will use it ?
Even with most advance features cost of using NXT outside exchange make it just pointless as currency...

In same time Bitcoin can cost 10000$ and you can pay 0,1$ fee or less for transfer...

But if we change NXT fee to 0,01 NXT that will probably hurt only that small players.

And today when projects with high lvl of development will arrive soon like NEM,Emunie,Exo,Entherum...
I don't say NXT is bad but that 1NXT fee is killing my interest.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: